Human

By 141katiemanwell

Katie is no one special. To her, she was a shy insecure girl that didn't have a clue of what to do with her l... More

Characters
The Beginning
Alarm
Road to their Downfall
The Capitol
Damn Blue Eyes
Forgetting
Secrets
Yellow Flowers
Strawberries
Starting Again
Powers
Fallen Again
The Coronation Pt. 1
Aftermath
New Game
The Healer
Raised
Changed
Consequences
Ready
Mahogany
~Updated Characters~
Home
Possible
The Finale Chapter

The Coronation Pt. 2

39 4 2
By 141katiemanwell

-----

Katie

The color green, from what I was told stands for harmony, safety, and renewal. I didn't get to choose my dress color which really sucks. It's not that green looks bad on me if anything it goes well with my dirty blonde hair and pale skin. It just doesn't scream 'EMPRESS!' I look more like a princess than an empress.

The whole coronation was filled with me shaking others hands, introducing myself to many other royalties. All jealous that I got the high title.

"You bored too?" Someone asks behind me. Turning around, I'm surprised to see Jace standing there. I haven't talked to him in a while. He still has the same shy demeanor to him, already talking to me his cheeks begin to blush. It's adorable. 

I smile at him, "Yeah it's been a long day." I say, my mind going to the already light throbbing pain in my feet. 

"I'm sure." He pauses, "Congratulations by the way." He adds.

"Thanks." I watched him as his dark eyes seemed to take in my appearance. The appearance of something not real. "Talk to you later?" I suggest, knowing I have others I've yet to introduce myself to. 

His eyes widening he takes a step closer to me, his skin having a golden touch to it from the fairy lights hung around the walls. "Actually, I was wondering if you'd like to have a dance with me." He asks me. 

I look at him, a little startled. Not expecting him to ask me to dance with him. I wait a second before lightly nodding my head, and taking his hand. 

His skin is almost as soft as a baby. It was also warm and a little sweaty. I follow him to the dance floor where some other people have begun dancing together. Taking in the people around me more, I notice Jessica and Baden quietly dancing together. I notice them, close together quietly whispering to one another. 

A hand around my waist steels my attention and immediately I'm anxious. Not anxious of him exactly, but my many insecurities attack my mind like a swarm of bees. I have a wide waist and as he pulls me closer I want to walk away. Walk away so I won't be judged by him from my imperfect body. My to wide hips. The extra skin on my lower stomach. And, looking up at him I expect to see his face to be filled with disgust but when I look into his dark brown eyes, the only thing I see is adoration. 

Somehow, that's worse. I don't want to be adored by anyone, especially since there is no reason for it. No quality I possess that would make anyone feel like that towards me. I wish his eyes were clouded with judgment and not these awestruck filled orbs. 

I can feel the warmth of his hand through the thick cloth of my dress and I try not to lean into him, into his warm chest. His right-hand finds its way to my naked arm, lightly caressing it as he intertwined his fingers with mine. It takes a lot not to shudder and ignore the goosebumps forming on my pale arms. 

A new song begins to play, and with the first note of the piano breaks the silence. My statue form shaders and I'm dancing.

I've read books with many romantic interests in them, and they all started like this. The beautiful male wins the girl over by doing things like inviting her to dance, or playing with her hair. Touching her.

I feel stupid. I'm not supposed to fall for anyone, because if I fall for someone that will defeat the whole 'Avoid what the books say' deal I had with my friends. And not only that, but I'm scared to fall for someone. I can't trust anyone, except my friends, Scott, and Kallan. But anyone else I can't trust. Especially Jace. 

But there's something different about Jace than there is about most romantic interests in books. He's not the big buff poetic, strong, and confident man that wins the girl from a simple crooked grin. He's the rather the thin and shy guy who thinks he can't get the girl.

Breaking my thoughts again, I feel Jace begin twirling me in his arms. He grabs me by the waist again and pulls me closer than before, his body almost squashed against mine. I feel his heartbeat and notice how fast it beats which only makes my heart beat faster too. 

His gaze on me is shy but intense, "So, how have you been?" I ask him awkwardly. 

"Fine, pretty bored though since there hasn't been much for me to do." He answers. The song stops and looking around the room, I notice some people watching us.  I see Spencer, Tony, and a tall girl about my age with beautiful dark brown hair, the only one smiling.

I look back at Jace and give him a nice smile, "I should be going. Thank you for the dance." I say, this time feeling my own cheeks blushing. 

Right as I'm about to walk away his hand pulls me back, and his face nears mine. "Have a nice day, your Highness." He says, his lips brushing my cheek. My blush intensifies as he walks away after letting his lips linger for a second too long. And I'm shocked into place. Clumsily, I walk off the dance floor towards Tony's direction. His blue eyes look at me, making me feel guilty as I then try to stay away from him. 

He looks at me like he could yell at me, and honestly, after the last, I saw him, I wouldn't blame him. I almost killed him. "Hello?" A silky voice says. 

Curious, I look over to see the beautiful girl that was smiling at me with the long dark hair. "Hello," I say, taking her outstretched hand. 

"I'm Princess Isabella Martìnez, Princess of Spain, but please call me Isa, that's what my friends call me." 

"It's nice to meet you, Isa."

"Yes, your Highness." She says. 

"Please call me Katie."

Her smile widens, "Katie, I really hope that we can become close friends." She says.

I nod my head, "I agree."

"I'll talk to you later." She walks away, her gorgeous dress flowing beautifully behind her as she walks to someone else, smiling and laughing. 

I stand there for one more second, and as I do, I feel my stomach begin to ache. I place my hand on my lower stomach, bending over a little as the pain gets worse. 

"Katie?" A voice says, a hand touching my bare shoulder. 

I try to answer, but I can't as I begin to cough, ripping my throat raw. I feel my knee buckle, and I'm on the ground in a second. "Katie!" The voice says again, this time sounding even more worried. The smell of Axe fills my nostrils as someone stands in front of me, helping me up. But I'm too heavy, and I end up having to use a lot of strength to lift myself off the ground with the help of someone's shoulder. Finally, standing I see Tony's worried face very close to mine.

"You can let me go." I manage to say.

"Are you sure?" He asks, his breath brushing against my neck. I only nod my head. His hands let go of me, leaving me cold, and even more weak than I thought possible. My body tilts, and right away his hands are again holding me up. "Come on, let's get you to your room."

I give him a funny look, a strange bubbly feeling washing over me, "My room?" I say, my voice filled with humor, "I'd rather go to your room." I say, giving him a wink. 

"Katie-"

"Look, Josh, this isn't some serious relationship, I'm not looking for a commitment here, I'm only fifteen you perverted-"

"Katie!" He interrupts. He starts walking, his arm supporting me as I attempt to follow him. Looking around, my vision blurred, I smile at the people and I notice some girls have something very big and round around their waists and I can't but giggle. It looks like they're stuck in giant cupcakes. 

Next thing I know I'm up against the stairs on the next level, my mind still caught up on the girls stuck in cupcakes. 

"We're almost there." His voice says, taking my attention. His strange touch makes me feel calmer, and I feel like hugging him.

He opens a door leading to a large room with one large bed. "We're going to get in trouble." He mumbles. I let him bring me over to the bed, setting me down gently, and pulling the blankets onto my lap. His hand going to my feet startle me, and I jump, giggling from the tickling sensation as he takes off my shoes.

"Stop, that tickles!" He sets the shoes on the ground next to me, his head close to my face. Standing back up, his face stops near mine. His breath brushes my lips, and I want so badly to touch his cheekbones, trace his whole face. Every perfect feature. 

And, I do something bad that sober me would never have done. I take his face and press his lips onto mine. 

 My stomach flutters as his warm lips open up to mine. My hands travel to his shoulders, pulling him towards me so he's leaning over the bed, his hands on either side of my hips, keeping himself steady. "Katie-" He says on my lips. Letting go, needing to breathe I look at him. And I realize what I'd done. "I think you've been drugged." He says. Doing the right thing he stands up, brushing his lips with his fingers looking confused. "Get some sleep." Is all he says before turning off the light. And locking the door. 

I flop onto the bed, feeling trapped in the dress, and feeling dumb for kissing him. 'You don't even know him' 'He could be the smurf!' 'You just kissed the smurf' 'You must be really drunk'.

I jump up from the bed, finding the zipper of the dress and taking it off, then sprinting to the bathroom to empty the poison in my stomach. Numb, I sit by the toilet, and finally go back to the bed and fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

---

I jump up from the bed. I see the light on, and when I look out the window I see that it's still night. The sound of people laughing and glasses of wine clinking together are still going on downstairs. My coronation continues without me. I feel cold air make goosebumps on my arms as I realize I'm wearing close to nothing. Looking on the floor, I see my dress thrown on the marble floor. I feel like I'm hungover. 

My breathing stops when I hear footsteps in the room. I still and want so badly to lay back down and go to bed...but...Looking to my left right in front my face stands Scott May. I jump up from the bed, adrenaline rushing into my blood, taking away a headache. "Scott?" I say, my voice cracking. "What are you doing in here?" I ask. I take several steps backward until my back hits the wall. And I'm trapped. He walks closer to me, his figure broad and taunting as his eyes trail the map of my body, his eyes taking in every little detail. I look down and see my bare thick legs and arms. Right away I move my hands over my stomach.

"Katie." He says, his voice like a terrifying caress against my ears as he continues to walk closer to me. As I'm wearing close to nothing, I take in his appearance. Black cloak, black jeans with the tag still dangling from it, and a tight fitted black tank top that hug the muscles that he out of nowhere seems to possess. I blink as my mind tries to think of a way away from him, but nothing comes to mind. Where's Kallan? Or Jace and Tony? Where are my friends?

A sour breath makes my eyes snap open, and right in front of me is Scott. His face so close to mine. His cold finger starts on my hip and trails up. I cringe, "Scott stopped. Get away from me, now!" I say to him, trying to push him away, but as my hand touches his shoulder to move him away, his other hand grabs my wrist. 

"I saw the way you were cozying up to Jace and Tony." He whispers, his lips coming closer to my skin. "Maybe you could cozy up to me a bit." It's not a suggestion. His body pressed against mine and I try not to squeal. I feel like throwing up again. 

"Get off me, Scott-"

His lips stop me from continuing. I try to force my head back but his hand comes to the back of my head and deepens the kiss. My insides twist. He forces my mouth open, and then as he's about to continue, I spit in his mouth. His hand clamps his mouth in surprise. Taking my chance, I run to the door trying to turn the knob. But it won't open. It's locked. "You're going to regret doing that." I hear him curse behind me. I bang on the door, trying to get anyone's attention, even if it's someone drunk from the party. His cold hand stops my hand. 

His arm goes around my waist and he pushes me toward the bed, pushing me onto the soft cushions. And he's on me. His hand travels down my stomach and stops. "Please," I whisper to him, my nerves jumping out my skin. "Stop." 

"Sorry but I have specific orders." He says back. His mouth comes close to my ear and he kisses the skin behind. My hand goes to his chest and I feel cold metal come into my hand. A dagger. I raise it up and push it into his stomach. He makes a groan, and his hands go to the dagger still punctured in him. 

My whole body goes cold and I push him off the bed. 'You killed him!' 'You just killed someone!'. I try not to look at his body as I lift myself from the bed and run to the door, taking a blanket with me. I wrap the warm blanket around my freezing skin and bang on the door again. This time, the door opens. 

"Katie?" Spencer says. Tears cloud my vision and I feel like throwing up. Her eyes scan the area, seeing Scott laying in a pool of his own blood. "What the hell happened in here?" She asks me. 

"He tried to-" A sob escapes my throat. 'He's dead'. 

I stumble to the bed, hand on my heart, counting every beat. 'You're alive'.

An arm wraps around me and I melt into the warm skin. "You're safe now." She whispers into my ear soothingly. My pulse slows and I stay there, sobbing into her shoulder.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 32 42
More people have visited the moon, than have found their way to the bottom of the ocean. Test piloting the military's latest top secret assault subma...
76 2 20
Fiction Magic Romance Hey guys okay bare with me, this is my first book. THIS STORY IS INCREDIBLY CRINGY READ AT YOUR OWN RISK What was supposed to...
2K 41 13
Tropes: Childhood friends to lovers, Soulmates, Twin Flames, she falls first but he falls harder (or is that the case . . .), you complete me, Tragi...
92.9K 1.8K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...