The Beginning

--------

Starting another school year. Hundreds of kids walked into a small school. Five girls walked together. All smiling, some of them ready to conquer the year, and the others scared of what's to come. Little did they know that the year was going to be harder than they thought. The sun still beat hard on the small little town in Ohio, fields covered land near the school, except for the small town holding a population of 3,000 people.

"I am so freaking excited!" Katie cheered to her friends.

"Sorry, what you said just doesn't make any sense," Jenna said, her pony-tale whipping in the air as she turns to look in front of her.

Katie gave Jenna a weird look, "What do you mean? It makes perfect sense."

Jenna raised her eyebrows, "It doesn't make sense because why would you be excited about school?"

"Because I'm ready to be a High Schooler, duh. Why you gotta put my excited feelings down?"

"Cause your excited feelings don't make sense."

Katie, a little mad says, "You-"

"I am scared." Jessica squeals.

"Why?" Gabby asks.

"Cause...this is the real stuff." She answers quietly.

"What, High School?" Abby questioned.

"Yeah! I'm not ready!"

"Well put on your frickin big girl pants and man up!" Katie said, hair blowing into her face.

Jenna said, "Katie."

"What?" The other girl whined.

"That...you...literally no sense used in what you just said." As the girls got into the school, spreading throughout the school for their first classes.

Lucky Jenna, Gabby, Abby, and Katie all had their first class together, Study Hall.

The four girls met up and began walking together, going into the library where Study Hall took place.

The friends sat at the same table, taking out their books, having nothing else to do or work on.

"Guys, I say we ditch this place. It's been too much for me. I'm having a really bad year so far-"

"Katie...it's only been five minutes." Abby reminded her friend.

"Oh don't remind me!" Katie gasped dramatically, standing from the table.

"And didn't she just said a couple minutes ago of how ready she was for school?" Katie heard Gabby ask Abby.

Jenna's eyes widened, noticing Katie was standing from the table, "What are you doing?"

Katie grinned, "Chill guuurl, I'm only looking for a book."

It's a small library that the school had. Definitely couldn't hold even three small grades. Posters lined the walls, some showing books like Twilight and other popular novels teens preferred to read. Katie, already knowing the library went to her usual area of Young Adult fantasy. While looking around, she found that she had already read most of these books, except for the ones that she read one page of and decided it wasn't worthy of her precious time. Plus she's in ninth grade now, as a Freshman she only has time for the best of the books. Thinking to herself that she should search more throughout the library, still standing in the Adult Fantasy she looks around. Making her decision, she continued walking, the old wooden floor creaking under her feet.