Possible

-----

Katie

This could be a mistake. Or the best decision I've ever made. The cells in the castle are very deep underground. My heels sink into the layers of grime that cover the stairs. No one knows that I'm here, only the guard that leads the way. He's very wide, his shoulders barely able to fit through the walls that stand close together on either side of the stairway. 

As we near, I can hear what must be hundreds of people, all trapped behind large black bars. 

"Do you know her name?" I ask.

He shakes his head, "I'm sorry, but people only know your mother by the title of the Kings Mistress."

I nod my head, "So am I just some...bastard child?"

He nods his head, "I'm afraid so, Your Highness."

We make it to the end of the stairs, now walking far down the hallways to find my mother. The smell is so bad I cover my nose and try not to breathe. "Here you are, Your Highness," He says quietly. 

I look to where his hand is held out, and right there, in front of me is one of the largest cells I've seen of the others. It's even nicely decorated compared to the others. A nice size bed with colorful bedsheets covers the bed with a desk beside it, a chair, books, and even a wall of some sort for privacy to use the toilet. 

I look at the floor, and there on the nice mat sits a middle-aged woman. She looks about my father's age, but yet she looks nothing like the other people in the cells. She's gorgeous. Her hair, though matted, is still a bright blonde with striking golden streaks that makes her pale paper skin extremely dull in comparison. 

A smile plays her face when she looks up at me. Her eyes don't express much and I don't know if she knows who I am. "Are you another one of the King's friends?" She asks. 

I feel my mouth open a little in surprise, not knowing how to respond to my mother's first impression of me being my father's lover.

"I don't think that would be appropriate considering he's my father."

She laughs loudly, "I don't remember Calvin and Anita having another daughter."

"That's because I'm not Anita's daughter. I'm your daughter."

She stares at me even more now, eyes wide and concerned. "You need to leave this place." She says, "And never come back."

I feel my face go red, my skin burning along with my expectations. "Why would you say that to me? You gave birth to me and gave me off to mortals knowing that eventually, while my friends and parents got older, I'd stay the same, not aging. You left me."

She shoots up, hand reaching out to me through the bars, her hand wiping my cheek, "You have no idea how much I've wanted you these past years. They've been the longest sixteen years of my life. I love you,"

"You don't know me, if you wanted me, then why did you let me go?"

"I didn't want your father to know that I had you. We had fought, and the long years of the pregnancy I hid away till I had you. I raised you for another two years while you were still an infant because the infant faze is always the longest, but when you didn't grow into a toddler I worried. Your father is fae, while I am a Smurf. Smurf blood is stronger than fae so I thought that raising you would be like raising any other Smurf."