Build | Justine Skye

By StoriesInParadise

After being on a hiatus for 2 years, Justine wants a fresh start and a new sound for her next upcoming album... More

Cast
Build Soundtrack
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
NEWS
38.
39.
40.
41.
I MADE THE PLAYLIST FINALLY!!
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.

16.

510 31 22
By StoriesInParadise

November 20th, 1999

Devante's Home

New Jersey

12:00 am

Justine Skye

[Verse 1]

Whoever said I need a halo

To make it out alive

Don't think I'll ever be an angel

I'm floating in the sky, I might have never been this high

[Pre-Chorus]

Paradise ain't far

When you got someone who lights your dark

I can finally say, the album was officially complete, we just got done finishing one more song that I wanted to add onto the album and I can not wait.

"So when do you want to release this album?" Devante asked.

"January 18th, is the date that I want everyone to hear this album." I said as he smiled.

"That don't sound like a bad date at all." Devante said.

I got up walking towards him as I sat onto his lap he instantly putting his hands on my lower back and upper thigh just rubbing his up and down. I gave him the most passionate kiss that I had ever gave him and he kissed me back and not holding back at all.

"What was that about?" Devante questioned.

"Just a thank you for helping me with my album, and also being a great person in general. I wouldn't think that I will be with you and here I am." I said as he smiled.

"Everything happens for a reason." Devante said.

"That you right." I said.

"I am starting to fall in love with you Devante, and I don't want to rush into anything and I don't want to get too attach to the point we not together and-" I said as he cut me off with a kiss.

"Justine, we good! I don't want you comparing your last relationship to what we have right now. I know he was no good nigga and treated you badly and I want you to know that I am not going to do that I have learn from my past relationships and as a man I know what to do and what not to do, the nigga you were with is a boy and you got a man now." Devante said as I laughed.

"And I been in love with you when I first laid eyes on you." He added as I blushed.

"And I am going to wait on you, for anything I am not the type of nigga to push ya and making you feel like you being forced." Devante told me.

"I really appreciate you... I really do!" I said.

I pecked his lips a few times as he deepened the kiss making me moan into the kiss.

November 25th, 1999

Thanksgiving Day

10:10 am

I was getting everything set up for today's holiday, I already cooked all the sides, and the desserts the night before but I just got the turkey in the oven since Devante likes the turkey fresh and hot when he has his thanksgiving so I didn't mind. I also invited his parents over, I know I should've asked but I wanted to surprise him and also Dalvin since hes coming over and also my parents. Devante was in the studio getting some work done for a couple of artist that he is working with. So I am in the kitchen just slaving but I don't mind one bit though because I love to cook, I heard the doorbell ringing as I stopped what I was doing to see who it was so I went to the door opening it and it was my parents, and Dalvin as I got them all a hug and telling them happy thanksgiving as they came in.

"Where's Devante at?" Dalvin asked.

"You should know where hes at." I said with a laugh.

"You right." Dalvin said as he laughed and went downstairs to the studio.

"You cooking all this food by yourself?" Mom questioned.

"Yeah I did! I cooked all the sides, and desserts the night before but when its almost time I am going to put them in the oven to warm up and stuff the last thing I need to do is the turkey and I already got it in the oven cooking." I explained.

"Well it smells so good in here baby girl." Dad said as I smiled.

"Thank you." I said.

"Who else is coming?" Mom asked.

"I invited his parents, its a surprise for Devante and Dalvin." I told them.

"That is nice of you to do." Dad said.

"I know but I don't know if its going to go so well since they haven't seen them in so long. Plus I wanted to them to meet me since I am seeing his son and all." I said.

"That is a mature thing to do." Mom said.

"Yeah, since Devante already adores you guys! I want them to at least like me." I said.

"And they will." Dad said as I gave him a grin.

So my mom helped me set up the table and got everything into place and all of sudden I felt arms around my waist and a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey you." I said with a smile.

"Hey baby." Devante said.

"Happy thanksgiving Mrs. Skye!" He added as he gave her a hug.

"Call me Nova! And happy thanksgiving to you too baby." Mom said giving him a hug back.

"Where's ya pops at?" Devante asked.

"Chris is in the living room watching some TV probably football." Mom said as I laughed.

"Aight." Devante said.

"You got the food smelling really good." He added as I smiled.

"Thank you! I am so tired." I told him.

"Go rest." Devante said.

"I will in a minute." I said.

"Yeah baby you probably been up all night and early morning cooking." Mom said.

"Yes I have." I said.

"Alright baby girl, I will takeover and watch the turkey." Mom told me.

"Thank you, I will see you guys later." I said.

"I will be up there in a minute gon holla at your father for a second I am tired myself." Devante said.

"Okay." I said.

"Give daddy a kiss for me mama tell him I am taking a nap." I added.

"I will." Mom said.

I went upstairs to the bedroom that we shared and I instantly crashed onto the bed because I was that exhausted.

Devante Swing

I holla at her pops and I spoke for a hot minute ya know just having a conversation and he told me that he thanks me for being with his daughter and treating her with so much respect and stuff, he can tell that I am feeling his daughter and I was big time I feel like she can be the one that I can eventually marry and have kids with I know shes young but that is how I am feeling. After that I went upstairs since I am lil tired for being in the studio as I went into the bedroom I saw Justine sleeping so peaceful on the bed as I laid down right next to her watching her sleep I know I am weird but damn shes just a beautiful thing to look at. she started to move closer to me making her laid her head onto my chest as I wrapped my arms around her as I kissed her head and she kissed my chest as I smiled and that is when I went into the slumber with her.

Thanksgiving Dinner

Devante's House

5:30 pm

So we were about to start the thanksgiving dinner when I heard the doorbell going off. I was confused because Justine just told me Dalvin, and her parents will be here so who can this be at my door.

"I will get it." Justine said.

She walked away from the dining to open the door as I sat down waiting for her to come back so I can see who the people are. Seconds later that is when I saw Mom and Dad standing there as Dalvin got up giving them a hug.

"Happy Thanksgiving mom and dad." Dalvin said giving them a hug.

"Happy Thanksgiving baby, its been so long." Mom said to him.

"Donald, get up and give me a hug." Mom said.

That is when I got up giving her a hug it was weird at first but then I gave in giving her a real hug back its been so long since I hugged my mother. After that I gave my dad a hug and told them Happy Thanksgiving.

"I didn't know you guys were coming?" Dalvin asked.

"Justine called us and invited us to come for a surprise for you both." Dad said.

"You didn't have to do that girl." Dalvin said.

"I wanted to, Devante done the same for me so I am going to do the same." Justine aid.

"I really do appreciate it." I said.

"These are your parents Justine?" Mom questioned as she nodded.

"Yes, my name is Nova and this is my husband Christopher! Very nice to meet you both." Justine's mom introduced.

"You have nice sons." Justine's Dad said.

"Thank you." Dad said.

So after everyone got introduce, my dad wanted to bless over the food as we listened to his good prayer over the food and then we started to eat.

"This food is good baby." I said as she smiled.

"Thanks love." Justine said.

"You did really good Justine, I am so proud of you... I can't put my folk down. " Justine's Dad said making all of us laugh.

"That means alot." Justine said.

He wasn't lying because I couldn't put my folk down, I was eating like I haven't ate in years it was that good I don't know how much I ate of her good cooking.

"So how did you guys meet?" Dad asked.

"Well, I met him at Dalvin's birthday party! Dalvin and I was hitting if off actually showing me around his beautiful home, making me feel welcome just showing me a good time. And that when I saw his piano and I instantly was playing 'Cry For You' on the piano as I sung and he was singing with me." Justine said as Dalvin smiled.

"That is when I come along into the picture." I said as they laughed.

"I started to clap because it sounded so good, I didn't know she could play then she asked me to help her with her album and the rest is history." I added.

"So are you living with him?" Mom asked.

"I am just staying with him for a lil bit, I have my own place in LA. I have an issue were I can't stay at my place right now." Justine said as I nodded.

"And how are you? You seem so young?" Dad asked.

"Just turned 20." Justine said.

"20!" Mom and Dad said.

"You still a baby." Dad said as I kissed my teeth.

"She's grown though." I said.

"She could be your daughter you just turned 30 Donald That's a huge gap." Mom said.

"I met my husband when he was 29 and I was 20? I don't see a problem at all your son is not pressuring her to do anything that she isn't ready for, he respects our daughter always keep her smiling she had a rough relationship long ago and it tare us apart as a family because of it. Your son brought us back together as a family again and we can't thank him again.. Yeah its a huge gap but if they in love than we can't change that." Justine's Mom said.

"I don't approve of this relationship Donald." Dad said.

"You dating a lil girl is not how I raised you." He added.

That is when Justine excused herself.

"Justine wait!" I said but she kept on walking.

"Look this is how I am going to live my life and I can't live my life without her in it. Yeah its 10 years difference but you can't control who I love, She didn't have to call you guys to come for thanksgiving but she did because she cares about me and my happiness. That is why I don't call you guys because yall always have some negative to say about everything that Dal and I do." I added getting fed up.

"You need to watch your tone!" Dad said.

"I am not going to watch my tone, you know its true why can yall just stop with the negative and bring out the positive.. Maybe, just maybe we can become a family again I know family aren't perfect but yall been like this since we were young until now and I am tired.. I know Dalvin is too!" I said.

"Everyone let's clam down!" Justine's Dad said.

"That is how you feel?" Dad asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"If you don't want to move on from this yall can get out my house and leave in the morning." I added.

"De." Dalvin said.

"Nah Dalvin, you wasn't saying shit so why you gon shit now?" I questioned.

"Ain't gon talk to them like that." Dalvin said.

"Always on there side, like you don't feel the same way." I said shaking my head.

"You can get out too." I said.

"I ain't going anywhere." Dalvin said.

"Let us take a break from all of this you guys go and calm down for a minute." Justine Mom said.

That is when I got up trying to go look for Justine they really just pissed me off. I end up finding her with the other dogs as I saw her beautiful smile on her face because of the dogs making me smile.

"Justine." I said as she looked up and continued to rub the dogs.

"I apologize for them." I added.

"They always like that?" Justine questioned.

"Hell yeah, that is why we don't talk.. They don't support what I do, I been trying to move past it but they won't so I just cut them loose." I said.

"Well I apologize for evening bringing them here." Justine said.

"Aye.. its okay don't beat yourself up for it aight. I still appreciate you doing it though it comes to show that they still got love for me and Dalvin." I said as she nodded.

"Okay, I still feel like I ruined Thanksgiving for everyone." Justine told me.

"Trust me Dal and I are used to it so you didn't." I said.

"And what you said out there thank you." Justine said as I smiled.

"I didn't know you heard what I said." I said.

"Yeah I heard everything." Justine said.

She leaned in pecking my lips and I couldn't stop smiling I can't even lie.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 94 6
"boy, i cant seem to get you outta my head.." - ...
79.2K 2K 35
"Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it." - Lloyd Alexander If you loved volume one you will absolutely love volum...
323K 11.3K 61
|| rewritten version on my account ! || " 𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗮 𝗽𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗮𝘀𝘀 , 𝗺𝗮𝘅 . " " 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲 , 𝗷𝗮𝘆 . "...
124K 3.9K 69
We were in love. What we couldn't handle was learning to open our eyes. We didn't know how to look at the big picture all while making sure the detai...