Irondad & Spiderson

By isabellafrei2003

A bunch of oneshots featuring Irondad and Spiderson. This is not Starker. Requests are closed. Happy reading... More

Press Conference*
Identity Reveal*
Hero*
Rivals*
Orphan*
Nightmare*
Father's Day*
This Is a Hug*
Sensory Overload*
Career Day
Identity Reveal (again)
I'm Not Sick
Christmas
A/N
Trans
Baking
Meet Peter
Tour Guide
Drawings
Phone Call*
Movie Marathon
Robots
Parent-Teacher Confrence
Kicked Out
Kicked Out Part 2
Pardoned
Flash & Flashes
Flash & Flashes Part 2
Wisdom Teeth
Hello?
Hello? Part 2
Hello? Part 3
Hallucinations
Harley
Harley Part 2
Harley Part 3
Harley Part 4
The Collection
No Permission Slip
A Film by Peter Parker
A/N [Update: Poll Closed]
Arc Reactor
Arc Reactor Part 2
Tony's Wedding
Kicked Out Part 3
Venom Pt 1
Attack
Attack Part 2
Game Night
Attack Part 3
Carnival
Attack Part 4
Attack Part 5
Secret Adoption
Prosthetic
Jealous
Attack Part 6
Venom Pt 2
Drawings Part 2
Please Pick Up

Field Trip to Avengers Tower*

73K 1.4K 4.4K
By isabellafrei2003

I've always wanted to write one of these so here it goes!
——————————-
Background info: Peter was adopted by Tony Stark and his husband Steve Rogers three days ago. Today is his first day back at school since the adoption. Let's see what happens
——————
Peter Stark was having a great day. He had woken up on time, courtesy of his new dads, and eaten a breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes (his favorite). He had even gotten a full seven hours of sleep since Tony had forbidden him from going on patrol past 10 pm on a school night. Peter had made it on time to the subway station (despite Tony's protests that Happy could drive him to and from school). But I said he was having a good day. It certainly didn't stay that way.

For starters, Flash had instantly begun to torment the young superhero the second he walked past the school's double oak doors.
"I heard your aunt died. She probably killed her self to get away from you!" Flash finished off the high school torture with a few more insults and a not-so-friendly shove into a locker. Thankfully no visible bruises were left behind.

Walking into his first period class (Chemistry), he was shocked to see a substitute. A substitute isn't bad for normal students. But when you have an IQ of 215 and have studied under the tutelage of Drs. Bruce Banner, Tony Stark, and Jim "Rhodey" Rhodes and occasionally Dr. Stephen Strange, even advanced college chemistry is boring. A substitute just made it worse, especially considering this substitute looked older than Steve Rogers.

With a sigh, Peter slid into his assigned seat next to Ned and in front of MJ, providing the perfect cover for her to continue reading her book (Becoming by Michelle Obama). The substitute began shushing the excited chatter from the students and began class. Peter finished the assigned worksheets in under 15 minutes, an astounding feat considering many of his peers took the papers home to finish later.

Two minutes before the bell rang, the stand in teacher reminded the students of the field trip to a still unknown location the next day. This caused another sigh to escape from Peter's lips as he had not turned in the permission slip on time (due to his aunt's funeral).

"What's wrong, loser? I don't care but you're interrupting my reading" this comment quite obviously coming from MJ.

Peter gave her a look and let out an exaggerated sigh (just to annoy her some more) before explaining his predicament to the teenage girl.

MJ thought for a second. "Why don't you just stay home at the tower with your dads? Nobody is gonna be here anyway."

Both Ned and MJ knew about the adoption and Spider-Man so this comment did not cause any alarm to the arachnid. MJ had found out when the trio was walking back from a study group and a man in a mask tried to mug them. Peter had the man webbed up to the wall within seconds. MJ (who was actually freaking out on the inside) had simply pretended she knew all along and quickly pieced together all the clues in an effort to prove her knowledge of Peter's identity.

Ned quickly began to ask questions, still in shock that his best friend was the son of Captain America and Iron Man. The only way the situation could have been improved in the young boy's mind was if he himself was adopted by the two Avengers.

"I can't believe you got adopted by Tony Stark and Steve Rogers! That is so cool! Have you meet Black Widow? Did you fight the Winter Soldier? Are you an Avenger? Do you call Tony dad? What do you call Captain America? How old is he?" The onslaught of questions continued despite Peter's protests to stop or at least keep the noise level down until Flash overheard the conversation.

"There is no way in hell Penis Parker knows Iron Man. Let alone be his son. Why would he want you when he could have me?" Flash smirked at the boy in question, who was trying to avoid confrontation by simply ignoring the bully. Flash did not like this and slammed his hands on the desk, causing Peter to jump a little. "Answer me when I ask a question!"

"Knock it off, Flash. You're just jealous because you are an alternate on the decathlon team while Peter is a first." Peter was surprised as MJ defended him from the school bully, who was currently walking- well, more like stomping away from the table.

"Thanks"

"You're still a loser"
———————————
The rest of the day went somewhat smoothly. He had a pop quiz in English, the one subject he actually had to study for, and Flash teased him some more but other than that the day was pretty good.

When the final bell rang, Peter dashed out of the school along with the other students and made his way to the subway. After a 30- minute ride he was finally downtown. A brisk 10 minute stroll landed him in the lobby of Stark Towers.

"Hi, Peter!" Marcy, the receptionist, greeted Peter as he walked in.

Peter smiled at the kind woman, "hey, Marcy. Is your dad doing better?"

"He's doing a lot better. Thank you, Peter"

With a "no problem", a swipe of his level 10 ID card (there were only 5 in existence: Tony, Steve, Bruce, Rhodey, and Peter), and a quick elevator ride, Peter was on his way up to the penthouse.

He called out a "hello" to anyone who might be on the floor but no one seemed to be there. He sat down at the desk in his room and knocked out what little homework he had. After a quick snack, he was on his way to Tony's lab in order to find his dads.

He swiped his ID card and pushed open the door only to find Tony scolding DUM-E while trying to put out a minor fire with Bruce yelling at Tony to "just get rid of the damn thing."
Peter stood there in the doorway with his mouth wide open until FRIDAY announced his presence to the room's occupants.

"Hiya, Pete"

"Jesuchristo! Umm. Hey, son. You're home early" Tony said with a sheepish grin. He may not have been happy that his new son just heard him cussing out a robot but he certainly was glad he was home.

"H-hey, guys."

"What's with the long face, Pete?" Tony walked over, an expression of concern visible on his face.

Peter shrugged, "there's a field trip tomorrow and I can't go. I didn't turn in the permission slip since I was at the fu-" peter paused, a sob almost escaping, the wound of his beloved aunt's death still fresh. "I was at the funeral." He managed to finish.

Tony pulled Peter into his chest, carefully in order to avoid cracking his skull on the blue arc reactor residing in his chest. He placed a quick kiss on the top of his head before lightly pushing him away, leaving a comforting hand on his shoulder. Tony's face suddenly lit up, his tell tale sign of a new idea.

"Why don't you stay home tomorrow? I mean, no one's gonna be at school and you're so far ahead of everyone else. It makes sense. You and I can do some father-son bonding. Whaddaya say?" Tony (unknowingly) held his breath in anticipation of his newly adopted son's answer.

Peter's frown quickly turned into a smile. "I'd love that!"

Tony released the breath he didn't know he was holding and gave a small chuckle at the young superhero's enthusiasm. "Perfect. Now. To find Capsicle"
————————————
The following day
Peter woke up the next day, refreshed and relaxed. At least he was until he realized it was 8:02.

The only thought running through Peter's head after that was "IM LATE FOR SCHOOL!"
He raced down the stairs and into the kitchen grabbing a pot of coffee and chugging it while rummaging through the fridge in search of breakfast. He only briefly paused when his fathers appeared to give a hug to both men and yell a "bye!" before racing out of the door. It was only when Peter reached the elevator that FRIDAY reminded Peter of the field trip and the whole day planned with his father. He sheepishly walked back into the penthouse living room where he was greeted by his fathers.

"Now that our son" Tony couldn't help but smile at the word "has graced us with his presence," his every word dripping with sarcasm "let's get some proper breakfast and then we'll head to the lab."

Peter and Steve agreed and sat down to a breakfast of waffles and omelets made by Iron Man himself. Peter was embarrassed of course when Tony realized his son was adopting his coffee consuming habits (that being drinking a whole pot). The trio quickly finished up before heading down to the training room.
———————
At exactly 8:03, a cliche yellow school bus pulled up in front of the tower. Mr. Harris was the first off, counting his students as they exited the bus, careful to not lose any child.
"23...24....? We're missing a kid. Who are we missing?"

Ned, god bless his soul, reminded the forgetful teacher for the third time that morning that Peter Parker (although legally Stark) was not allowed on the trip. Poor Ned had been left to suffer alone (with the occasional exchange between him and MJ or teasing from Flash).         
As the class walked into the tower, jaws dropped as they took in the lobby. Ned and MJ were the only two (besides the absent Peter) that had been in the tower before. Ned because he had an internship with Dr. Bruce Banner and MJ due to her mentor Pepper Potts (CEO of Stark Industries and ex-girlfriend of Tony Stark). While the young computer protege (Ned) was impressed by the school's choice for a field trip (and of course the fact the school had managed to get a trip), MJ was not as she had been the one to suggest the trip to Pepper (who in turn organized the entire thing).

Badges were passed out by Lily, the college intern in charge of leading the group throughout the tower. She recognized Ned and MJ from their frequent meetings with various staff members and reminded them of Tony's strict rule against reprinting badges. The high school interns whipped out their level 9 badges (the same level as Pepper and the other members of the avengers). Flash was not happy about that but chose to remain silent over fear of repercussions from Lily, who was currently reminding the group of their NDAs and the tower's rule against bullying.

If Flash was this angry about Ned and MJ (and Peter) having internships, imagine how he would react to Peter's adoption.

After two hours of touring various labs and meeting rooms, the tour was granted the one in a lifetime chance of a meet-and-greet with the Avengers.
————————-
"Boss, Pepper Potts is calling. It appears to be urgent" the sound of FRIDAY broke the mostly silent training room after nearly two hours of sparring and practicing.

"Put her through, FRI," came Tony's reply. "Watch your form, Pete"

Peter quickly adjusted and continued sparring against Steve. A few more moves and Steve was pinned against the mat. Both men clapped at Peter's victory. Normally Steve would be embarrassed a losing to a teenager, but ever since the couple had found out Peter could lift 200,000 pounds he could only feel proud at how long he lasted against the arachnid.

Tony walked over, ruffling Peter's hair and pressing a quick kiss onto his husband's cheek. "Change of plans, guys. Pep has us scheduled for some meet-and-greet for a tour group. And we are now officially late. So you two shower because you stink and then we'll head down."

Ten minutes later the family was on their way to what would be a very interesting Q&A.
——————-
"Hello, students. My name is Pepper Potts, I'm the CEO of Stark Industries and I am very pleased to welcome you to the tower." A light applause followed Pepper's introduction the the students waiting in inpatient anticipation for meeting the Avengers. "I see a few familiar faces in the crowd" the CEO gave a quick wave to Ned and MJ, who very politely waved back (this causing a scowl to appear on Flash's face). "Mr. Stark and Mr. Rogers will be down shortly along with their son. Please wait patiently and thank you for touring the tower." The students once again clapped before chattering somewhat quietly amongst themselves as they waited for their idols to appear.

The first avenger to walk through the door was Bruce, who also greeted Peter's friends. Natasha and Clint soon followed with Thor behind them. And finally, Tony and Steve entered the room, still in conversation with Peter (who still had not noticed his classmates).

"I'm just saying, I should call you 'dad'" the arachnid pointed towards Tony, "and you 'pops' since you're old," he now gestures towards Steve who was pretending to be offended at Peter's reasoning for the names.

"I like it" came Tony's reply.

"I don't! Our son just called me old!" Steve said in mock offense.

"Need I remind you dear. You are old."

Peter laughed at that, earning a fake glare of anger from his 'pops'.

"If it makes you happy, then I'll allow it." The trio quickly hugged (with Steve and Tony chastely kissing one another 'secretly' above Peter's head). It was as the newly formed family separated that they noticed the classmates. Normally that wouldn't be bad. But it was because those students belonged to Peter's first period chemistry class that it was bad. Especially because- unlike the other students gaping in shock- Flash had to shout "Penis isn't lying!" In front of the entire team of Avengers (who were all fiercely protective of Peter).

"Oh no" said Peter

"What tH-" Tony began yelling before a surprisingly calm Steve spoke.

"Who isn't lying about what?"

Flash being Flash did not realize that he had managed to upset the entire team of Avengers. Bruce had left the room in an effort to prevent a Code Green, Natasha was brandishing her widow's bite, Clint was climbing in the vents waiting for the perfect time to strike, Thor had mjolnir, Tony was trying to call the Iron Man suit and thankfully Steve was holding his arms down at his sides while trying not to go all PSA on Flash before kicking his ass into next week.

But Flash seemingly did not see the look of murder in everyone's eyes and said "pen- I- I mean Peter is lying about having an internship with Tony" this caused Tony to turn red with anger and thrash harder against his husband. No puny child called him Tony. (Peter didn't count since he was in fact not puny even by Loki's standards).

Flash turned towards the man in question and began a 'sales pitch' of sorts. "Mr. Stark, you should fire Parker and hire me instead. I am a much better candidate than him." He stood with his chest puffed out, arrogance evident in his features.

Tony simply left out a laugh, still stuck in his husband's arms. "Why would I do that?"

This did not appear to shake Flash as he responded. Well, more like bragged. "I am on the academic decathlon team, I have a 3.8 GPA, and my dad is the 5th richest man in New York and he sits on the board for Harvard."

Tony gave him an incredulous look. "Peter's told me about an alternate on the team who tells everybody he is in first seat. Peter here is actually in first seat and he has a 4.0 GPA. his dad is the richest man in New York and sits on the board for MIT, Harvard, Yale, and Princeton. Any questions? No? Good? Now, students as you al-"

"That can't be true. Parker's dad is dead!" Flash shouted in disbelief.

"Do I look dead to you? Oops" Tony quickly slapped his hand over his mouth. He had just revealed his identity as Peter's father. Whoops.

Shouts filled the room as questions came pouring in. Tony tried to organize the chaos as Steve took Peter out of the room to avoid a sensory overload. Flash's face had drained of color and his jaw had dropped. Ned was laughing at the look of disbelief on the bully's face while MJ sketched for her Crisis Book. When the room finally quieted, Peter came back in.

"Anyone who was any questions can raise their hand and wait patiently to be called on. Got it? Let's start wiiiith you in the AC/DC shirt."
Peter rolled his eyes (a trait he had picked up from hanging out with Tony Stark too much). Of course he would pick the kid wearing his favorite band on a t-shirt. Typical Tony Stark.

"Are you Peter's biological dad?"

"No. Next question. You" This time pointing at a girl in a French braid. Peter recognizes her from the decathlon team.

"Why did you adopt Peter?"

Steve took this question before Tony could open his mouth. "We adopted Peter because his aunt died."

Flash didn't wait for anyone to call on him and asked anyway "why him? Out of all the kids to adopt you chose him?"

Tony was once again filled with rage. "That is iT! I HAVE HAD IT WITH YOU PICKING ON MY SON! He is the greatest thing to happen to me. I chose him because he is smart and kind and he's kinda a nerd and he brightens up any room he's in. This kid is so selfless and sweet but you won't stop picking on him. You don't think I see the bruises Eugene? No kid can fall down the stairs that many times. If you so much as look in his direction again I will personally make sure you never get into a good college. Have I made myself clear?"

Thankfully Flash seemed to get the message and quickly nodded. Tony turned towards Peter and pulled him into a hug. He placed a kiss on his head before turning to face the shocked students. Even MJ was a little shocked that the 'heartless' billionaire had expressed that much emotion.

"You will be leaving now. Have a nice day. Except for you 'Flash'. You can go to hell"
The class laughed at Flash who was finally getting a taste of his own medicine. Peter didn't know it at the time but he would never be bothered by the bully again.

Lily ushered the students out, reminding them of the NDAs they had all signed in the lobby. Tony quickly called Ned and MJ over and got permission for them to stay (more like took the kids and told the teacher he would be keeping them at the tower). Ned quickly ran off to find Bruce while MJ calmly walked to Pepper's office. Tony turned around, ready to apologize for revealing his identity (thankfully not his superhero one), but was instead viciously pulled into a bone-crushing hug from Peter.
Peter didn't realize it, but Tony did hear him whisper into his chest, "thanks, dad"

He tried not to show any emotion at being called 'dad' for the first time. But one little tear managed to leak out. And later on that night as Tony prepared for bed, he asked FRIDAY if she had managed to capture the recording.

When she responded, the billionaire gave a small smile (but not small in emotion) before saying "Save to file 'my son'"
————————————-
Midnight
"Hey guys? I think I'm stuck. Guys? GUYS?!"
——————————-
Thank you so much for reading. I do take requests. Thanks again and happy reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.2K 1.7K 8
Here is a collection of oneshots inspired by Marvel and the MCU. Most of them are Irondad, Spiderson, and Superfamily oneshots focusing on the relati...
12.4K 255 25
Spider-Man Oneshots for marvel fans. This collection of oneshots I wrote are being edited but the book is completed.
62.9K 1.2K 18
A collection of oneshots about Steve, Tony, and Peter as a family. Requests are currently CLOSED so please do not comment any requests on my story. H...
721K 19.7K 71
So basically its the title. It is completed. i love all of you guys. EVERYTHING BELONGS TO MARVEL EXCEPT FOR SOME PLOTS highest rankings #40 in spide...