An Unlikely Friendship

By AbiLucyOwen

More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 5

367 12 3
By AbiLucyOwen

Chapter 5

As soon as Rose and Scorpius stepped out of the fireplace, they noticed that the whole Weasley/Potter/Lupin family was staring at them. "Hi everyone!" Rose said, immediately going to hug random members of her family before grabbing Scorpius' hand and pulling him forward. "This is Scorpius. Scorp, this is...well everyone." She giggled just as James and Fred pushed to the front glaring at him.

"No one said he was going to be here" James said coldly.

"James!" Ginny scolded, before turning back to Scorpius and smiling. "It's nice to meet you Scorpius. Harry, Ron take their trunks upstairs will you? Children, living room!" Once all of the children were in the room Rose let them all introduce themselves for Scorpius' sake.

"I'm Teddy Lupin. I'm training to be an auror, I left Hogwarts last year." Teddy said kindly, "But you already know me. Not that your dad would be too pleased"

"Yeah I remember you" Scorpius smiled at his cousin shyly.

"I'm Victoire but if you don't know that by now then I'm worried for your health" Victoire joked.

"Dominique and again you know me" Dominique grinned.

"I'm Molly" Molly said simply but kindly.

"This is taking forever! I'm Lily, James and Albus' sister. Over there is Fred and next to me is Roxy. You know all of them that are at school. That's Hugo and that's Lucy. There! Honestly!" Lily burst out, not cruelly but out of impatience, making everyone but James and Fred, who were sulking in the corner, laugh.

"Yup that's Lily for you. Don't get on her bad side, she's inherited mum's temper" Albus said, mock shuddering.

"I'll try to keep that in mind" Scorpius muttered.

"Don't worry about James and Fred by the way. There as bad as Uncle Ron when it comes to holding grudges against people. They'll soften up" Roxy told him as she left the room.

"Come on lets go outside" Rose smiled, taking both Albus and Scorpius' hand and practically dragging them. They found that snow had begun to fall and Rose slyly made a snowball and shoved it down Scorpius' back. "Ahhh god that's cold! This is war Rosie!" he shrieked and pelted her with snowballs, Albus and Rose mercilessly chucking snowballs back from both sides.

In the kitchen Ron was glaring at Scorpius through the window. "Ron are you just going to give him evil looks the whole holidays?" Hermione sighed.

"Yes" Ron said grumpily.

"Come on look how happy he's making Rose. He's her closest friend. Just try to let the past go. Please." Hermione said, smiling at her daughter and nephew having a snowball fight with their friend. And to think, if anyone told her at Hogwarts that her and Ron would have a child (shock ;) ) who would be friends with Draco Malfoy's son she would've told them that they were insane! Her and Ron together? And putting up with a Malfoy? But Scorpius seemed to be nothing like his father. In looks he was, but his personality was completely different and Hermione found it hard to dislike him. Not that she wanted to anyway.

By Christmas Eve everyone except James, Fred and Ron, had warmed up to Scorpius. Albus especially got along with him and Rose knew that they'd end up going around as a trio at Hogwarts, just like her parents and Uncle Harry. "So Scorpius, do you want one of us to apparate you home tomorrow to spend Christmas with your family?" Harry asked kindly as they sat eating dinner.

Scorpius hesitated, "Well, it would be nice to see my father but he said not to come home..."

"He'll want to see your okay though? And enjoying yourself won't he? Tell you what, Harry will take you over and just floo back as soon as you want to?" Ginny smiled at the young boy.

"Can Rose come with me?" Scorpius asked quietly.

"Of course" Hermione said.

"No way!" Ron replied at the same time.

"Dad! That's not fair!" Rose complained.

"I don't care you're not going to a death eaters house, with the spawn of a death eater to see a death eater!" Ron shouted, getting up and storming out of the now silent room. After a few moments Harry and George followed the red head out the room, to try to talk some sense into him.

"I apologise for Ronald's behaviour. Rose can go with you tomorrow if she wants, so you're not alone and you can just come back here as soon as you want to okay?" Hermione said gently to Scorpius who nodded and gave her a small smile.

"Well obviously I'm going to go Scorp, I'd be a terrible friend if I didn't!" Rose exclaimed, giving her best friend a one armed hug.

"Thanks Rose" Scorpius hugged her back tightly.

"Anyway, it's late, bed!" Molly (Senior) said. Sleepily the children walked up the stairs, James and Fred muttering and glaring at Scorpius as he hugged Rose once more before she went into the room she was sharing with Victoire, Roxy and Dominique.

(I was going to stop here but since I've not updated in forever I thought I'd keep Christmas in this chapter, see im a nice person sometimes)

The next morning Scorpius was shook awake. "Come on Scorp get up! And don't you dare go back to sleep Albus Severus!" Rose said loudly as Scorpius sat up groaning.

"Rose" Scorpius moaned, "Its early, I wanna sleep!"

"But its Christmas!" Rose exclaimed, making the boys jump out of bed.

"Okay we're up!" Albus said, sprinting down the stairs, his friends following closely behind.

Once everyone was downstairs and had opened the majority of their presents, Rose and Scorpius went to get ready to go to the Manor. "Uncle Harry, we're ready!" Rose said in a sing-song voice while she skipped down the stairs, half dragging Scorpius as she was holding his hand. Ron huffed at this but said nothing.

"Okay, hold my hand then," Harry told the two kindly and then they disappeared into thin air, arriving at Malfoy Manor just moments later. "Do you want me to go now or wait for you to go in or something?"

"You can go if you like, we can floo back" Scorpius replied politely, making Harry shrug and apparate back to the Burrow. Rose smiled at her friend reassuringly and he took her hand before opening the door before him. A small elf quickly appeared before them and bowed.

"Master Scorpius, sir. Master Draco said you weren't coming home."

"I thought I'd come to say Merry Christmas. Where's father Blinky?" Scorpius asked.

"In his study, Master Scorpius. Would sir like me to take him and his friend there?" Blinky said bowing again.

"No thank you Blinky. This is Rose by the way. And please stop calling me master all the time. Scorpius is fine." Scorpius told the elf nicely and led Rose up the stairs and knocked on the first door to their left.

"Enter" a voice that had to belong to Draco Malfoy called. Scorpius opened the door and walked in, still gripping Rose's hand tightly.

"Merry Christmas father" Scorpius said quietly, as Draco stared from him to Rose.

"What are you doing here? I thought I told you to stay at Hogwarts!" Draco said angrily.

"We were at the Burrow, Scorpius just wanted to see you" Rose muttered.

"You went to the Weasleys?" Draco shouted, "You went to stay with blood traitors, and mudbloods?"

Scorpius just stood silently as his father screamed and shouted at him. It was nothing he wasn't used to. He noticed Rose tear up and realised how much it would be hurting her. It was her and her family his father was insulting. He started to get annoyed, wondering why his father would say things like this, hurting one of the only people in the world that gave him and his family a chance.

"Shut up!" Scorpius bellowed over his father's rant, making him stop and Rose jump.

"Excuse me?" Draco asked slowly.

"Shut up about Rose and her family! Can't you see your upsetting her? And me! They're the nicest people I've ever met! They seem to give a damn about me more than you do!" Scorpius replied, still shouting.

"Then leave! If that's the case you're no son of mine!" Draco shouted, at his only son shoving him out of the study, Rose walking out before them backwards, as fast as she could go. Once they were out of the study Draco slammed the door.

"Well that was entertaining" Scorpius mumbled. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Are you?" Rose said quietly. Instead of answering Scorpius took her hand and led her down the corridor to another room.

"This is my room. We can floo from here, I just need to do one thing." Scorpius said, "Blinky!" The small house elf appeared before them and bowed.

"What can Blinky do for Master Scorpius?" Blinky said happily.

"Is their anyway you can lock my room so only I can get in?" Scorpius asked.

"Of course! I shall as soon as master and friend leaves." Blinky smiled.

"Scorp?" Rose said, "Thank you, for sticking up for me and my family like that."

"It's okay. You stood up for me when Fred and James said things about me" Scorpius told her, smiling slightly. Still holding Rose's hand he pulled her over to the fire place, grabbing a handful of floo powder.

"Still it was nice of you. I'm sorry that I caused so much trouble" Rose said as he pulled her over.

"Don't be" Scorpius said smiling fully now. Rose smiled back and kissed his cheek quickly, just before he went red and said, "The Burrow!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198K 9.5K 47
The platform was filled with bustling pupils, fetching their trunks and hooting owls, searching for their friends. Two boys stood together silently...
297K 9.5K 38
A year after "Harry Potter and The Cursed Child" ended and Scorpius and Albus are starting their fifth year in Hogwarts. Still the outcasts only havi...
2.1K 77 14
After graduating from Hogwarts, Scorpius Malfoy moves to Edinburgh to study at university. He invites his best friend, Albus Severus Potter, to stay...
1.7K 9 21
Draco would like to get closer to Harry, who is newly divorced, but Harry is against it. Only unfortunate events, when their sons are in danger, forc...