Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The couple jumped apart, as Draco looked from one to the other. Torn between anger and shock, and not wanting to upset his son again already, he merely said, "I suggest you come downstairs, dinner is ready," and went back down the ladder. Rose looked to Scorpius worriedly and followed the elder man down the ladder, he boyfriend following suit. They got ro the garden moments after Draco, and sat next to Albus at the end of the table. Albus gave them a glace, and pointed to Draco who looked deep in thought, and not happy as he had minutes ago before he went to look for them. "Later," Rose muttered, before raising her voice and asked Albus to past her some pumpkin juice. The garden was lively with chatter, as it always was in the Burrow (no wonder with the amount of Weasleys and Potters).

After Mrs Weasley had served everyone a slice of carrot cake and everyone was merely chatting away about how school and work was going, and such, Draco stood and becked his son over and the two of them walked into the kitchen.

"Well, I have to say I'm not exactly happy about you and Miss Weasley, especially finding out how I did," Draco said frowning, "but I'm not ready to lose my only son again because of my old grudges against the Weasleys. So I'm only asking this, do you like her?"

Shocked, Scorpius just looked up at his father, "I love Rosie. I've loved her since we were twelve, I can't imagine my life without her."

"Well, if your happy, then I'm glad you found her," Draco smiled, "I'm assuming her family don't know so I won't tell anyone, but I urge you to tell them soon. I know, her father especially won't be happy, especially if he finds out how I did. I know from school experience that he's good at holding grudges." Saying goodbye to his son, he went to thank Mooly for dinner and say he was leaving, as Scorpius watched him leave the room, a new grown respect for his dad appearing.

Meanwhile, Rose told Albus about Draco walking in on them kissing. "Wow no wonder he didn't look too happy, he's just accepting you us being his friends and then you go and snog infront of him," Albus exclaimed.

Slapping her cousin gently she replied, "We didn't know he was there! I hope this doesn't change his mind about talking to Scorp. He was so happy about him coing back into his life." Just then they saw Draco disapparate and Scorpius came out and motioned for them to follow him up to their 'den'. When they got their, he told them everything his father had said to him, and they laughed happily, celebreating with bottles of butterbeer and games of exploding snap, until they were shouted to go to bed, where Rose and Scorpius slept happily, knowing that about the one parent that knew of their relationship was got going to hate them for it.