Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Because of how they knew their parents would react to the news of them dating, Rose and Scorpius decided to keep their relationship a secret for the time being. Luckily they were very close before they were going out so as long as they weren't caught snogging by any of their peers then no one suspected a thing. It was now the last day of their fifth year and everyone was either hanging out by the lake or doing some last minute packing, like Scorpius and Albus. Rose sat in Scorpius' dormitory writing a letter to her mum while she spoke to her friend about random nothings. Scorpius was nearly done packing, which was good since they were to meet Albus in the entrance hall in 10 minutes. "Finished!" Scorpius cheered happily.

"Finally!" Rose giggled, "Come on we gotta meet Al."

They walked down hand in hand as usual and when they got to the entrance hall they saw they were early meeting Albus. Looking around to check no one was in sight, he caressed Rose's cheek, gently pulling her closer and kissed her sweetly. Rose responded instantly, nipping at his bottom lip before they heard someone yell. "Oh my Merlin!"

Jumping apart they saw it was Albus, glancing from Rose to Scorpius looking shocked and slightly annoyed. "What the hell Malfoy! Why were you snogging my cousin?"

"Well we have been going out since the day after you're birthday, which is nearly four months, so I'd say I'm allowed to kiss her." Scorpius pointed out, not that it helped much.

"You've been going out four months and you didn't tell me? I thought we were best friends guys!" Albus exclaimed, walking off.

"We were going to tell you Al, but we didn't want anyone to know. And no offence but you're not the best at keeping secrets," Rose said not unkindly as she grabbed his wrist. Albus glared at her before sighing.

"I guess you have a point. But a heads up would've been nice." Albus grinned and added, "Shall we get dinner? I'll sit with you guys."

"Sure Al," Scorpius agreed, glad his best friend wasn't mad at him. The trio walked into the Great Hall that was alive with students and went to sit at the Gryffindor table. The Gryffindors didn't even turn to look at Albus, they were used to him coming and sitting with them, like the rest of the remaining Potter/Weasley family. Also house rivalry wasn't as bad as it had been in their parents' time, so people didn't care who sat where.

"Scorp, do you know if you're staying at mine or Rose's first?" Albus asked as he poured half a boat of gravy onto his chicken roast dinner.

"Not sure yet, Rosie wrote to her mum earlier to find out so we'll find out by tomorrow I'd have thought." Scorpius replied shrugging as he debated what kind of potato to have in his head.

..0

The train journey to Kings Cross seemed to take no time at all and the three, along with Fred, James, Lily, Hugo, Roxy, Louis, Molly and Lucy were greeted by Grandma Molly and Grandpa Arthur, who hugged all the children happily and lead them out to their car with had been enchanted to fit 12 so James had Lily sit on his lap, much to her annoyance. Once they got to the Burrow everyone relaxed and waited for their parents to come and take them home. "They're taking their time at work today! They don't wanna see us yet do they?" Roxy complained. She hated waiting.

"You're so impatient Roxy, they're obviously busy. Let's play I spy!" James said happily. Everyone groaned except Fred who nodded.

"I spy with my little eye something beginning with...W!

"Window?

"Weasley?"

"Rosie?"

"W, James not R."

"Right...window?"

"Been said mate."

"Damn it! I give up!"

"Wall?"

"Good job Rosie!" Fred smiled, high fiving her while James muttered to himself in his armchair.

"Okay," Rose started, thinking, "I spy with my little eye something beginning with...L!"

"Light?"

"Lily?"

"Love?"

"Can you see love James?"

"Stop ruining this for me Fred!"

"I can't think."

"Lime?"

"Lampshade?"A voice from the door said, and the children all turned and looked in shock at the man next to their grandparents.