Chapter 5

Chapter 5

As soon as Rose and Scorpius stepped out of the fireplace, they noticed that the whole Weasley/Potter/Lupin family was staring at them. "Hi everyone!" Rose said, immediately going to hug random members of her family before grabbing Scorpius' hand and pulling him forward. "This is Scorpius. Scorp, this is...well everyone." She giggled just as James and Fred pushed to the front glaring at him.

"No one said he was going to be here" James said coldly.

"James!" Ginny scolded, before turning back to Scorpius and smiling. "It's nice to meet you Scorpius. Harry, Ron take their trunks upstairs will you? Children, living room!" Once all of the children were in the room Rose let them all introduce themselves for Scorpius' sake.

"I'm Teddy Lupin. I'm training to be an auror, I left Hogwarts last year." Teddy said kindly, "But you already know me. Not that your dad would be too pleased"

"Yeah I remember you" Scorpius smiled at his cousin shyly.

"I'm Victoire but if you don't know that by now then I'm worried for your health" Victoire joked.

"Dominique and again you know me" Dominique grinned.

"I'm Molly" Molly said simply but kindly.

"This is taking forever! I'm Lily, James and Albus' sister. Over there is Fred and next to me is Roxy. You know all of them that are at school. That's Hugo and that's Lucy. There! Honestly!" Lily burst out, not cruelly but out of impatience, making everyone but James and Fred, who were sulking in the corner, laugh.

"Yup that's Lily for you. Don't get on her bad side, she's inherited mum's temper" Albus said, mock shuddering.

"I'll try to keep that in mind" Scorpius muttered.

"Don't worry about James and Fred by the way. There as bad as Uncle Ron when it comes to holding grudges against people. They'll soften up" Roxy told him as she left the room.

"Come on lets go outside" Rose smiled, taking both Albus and Scorpius' hand and practically dragging them. They found that snow had begun to fall and Rose slyly made a snowball and shoved it down Scorpius' back. "Ahhh god that's cold! This is war Rosie!" he shrieked and pelted her with snowballs, Albus and Rose mercilessly chucking snowballs back from both sides.

In the kitchen Ron was glaring at Scorpius through the window. "Ron are you just going to give him evil looks the whole holidays?" Hermione sighed.

"Yes" Ron said grumpily.

"Come on look how happy he's making Rose. He's her closest friend. Just try to let the past go. Please." Hermione said, smiling at her daughter and nephew having a snowball fight with their friend. And to think, if anyone told her at Hogwarts that her and Ron would have a child (shock ;) ) who would be friends with Draco Malfoy's son she would've told them that they were insane! Her and Ron together? And putting up with a Malfoy? But Scorpius seemed to be nothing like his father. In looks he was, but his personality was completely different and Hermione found it hard to dislike him. Not that she wanted to anyway.

By Christmas Eve everyone except James, Fred and Ron, had warmed up to Scorpius. Albus especially got along with him and Rose knew that they'd end up going around as a trio at Hogwarts, just like her parents and Uncle Harry. "So Scorpius, do you want one of us to apparate you home tomorrow to spend Christmas with your family?" Harry asked kindly as they sat eating dinner.

Scorpius hesitated, "Well, it would be nice to see my father but he said not to come home..."

"He'll want to see your okay though? And enjoying yourself won't he? Tell you what, Harry will take you over and just floo back as soon as you want to?" Ginny smiled at the young boy.