After the Crank (TMR Fanfic)...

Bởi SaminaZilfan

Thomas had never been happy living in the safe place. he felt something missing. he couldn't forget about his... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Surprise
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
announcement

Chapter 26

248 12 0
Bởi SaminaZilfan

24.11.18

----------

The boy nodded. Then, the other boy came to face them. He opened his mask. It was Riley, the Keeper of the Builder. There were so many questions in Thomas’s head. If he didn’t give a damn about the situation that surrounded them he would state all of the questions in one breath. He chose to hold them back. Not now. The conversation could make the others get suspicous.

“Newt, great to see you.” Frypan placed his hand on Newt’s shoulder, gripped it tightly. His smile’s getting wider, showing that he missed the second in command so much.

Newt looked back at Frypan. A small smile escaped his face.

“Fry, how can you guys arrive here? Are—”

“Hold on, Tommy!” Newt cut him off.

Thomas shut his mouth, realizing he’d just done a stupid thing, especially with excitement controlled his tone. Forgot that he’d just reminded himself.

“We better go finding a good place to talk.” Newt suggested, accepting agreement from his friends.

“Follow me!” Riley ordered. He turned back, starting to move. No one argued. They went after him.

Riley lead them entering a small path. A few stores and house were passed until they arrived at the bakery. Riley entered the bakery. The smell of cake, cream, sweet, and such greeted them. Minho elbowed Thomas in the gut, grinning. His face pointed at those delicious cakes. Thomas smiled. He also hoped he could eat one of them.

Unfortunately, Riley walked past the chairs, tables, and the display window of the cakes. He didn’t stop as they reached the kitchen, but entered another door. He waited at the threshold, letting the others get in to the room. After all of them were in the room, he shut the door from outside, guarding.

There was a table surrounded by eight desk. Someone was waiting for them, sitting on one of the desk. He dressed like an astronaut, covering his whole body and using a square helmet. Thomas scanned the person from his shoes to his helmet. He was sure he didn’t know him. However, he was curious. Another question formed.

As the person turned, he saw his face clearly. At the moment, he denied his thought. Sure, the clothes he wore didn’t show his real posture. By seeing his face, even though his cheekbone looked clearer, he recognized him. Gally would very happy to meet that man.

“Vince?” the name came aloud from Thomas’s mouth. He let his mind processed some memories, some flashes memories with Vince. He had only one day with him. It was a wonderful day.

“How are you, Thomas?” Although he used a helmet, his voice was clear. Vince sounded like an old friend, not like the one who aimed the gun to him the last time they met.

While the others frowned—except Frypan—Thomas was approaching him. He stopped in front of Vince whose hand reached out. He caught his hand, doubtfully shook it. The last time he met Vince, the man exploded WICKED’s headquarter, not caring about the innocence that trapped there.

“What are you doing here, Vince?” that was his first question. Soon after Vince answered him, he would ask for another question.

“To save you and your little group. What else?” Vince shrugged at the end of his sentence. “Have a seat, Thomas! Calm your mind.”

This time, Thomas frowned. The answer easily raised his curiosity. For a moment he stood still. He needed three second to respond. He pulled a chair out, sitting right beside Vince.

“Save us? It was shuckin’ bullshit! The last time I heard your thought, you only cared about your business with WICKED.” Thomas rose his voice.

Minho was aware of Thomas’s rage. He had no idea what made Thomas was so angry. He knew only a thing, that he had to stood beside Thomas.

“Calm down, Thomas!” Vince widened his lips, curving a little smile.

“Yes, sure. I can calm myself in front of the man who made me a target.” He said sarcastically.

Vince chuckled. “You have a good long term memory, Thomas.”

“Shut up! Just say, what do you want?” Thomas snapped. His hand gripped the table. Eyes flamed with anger. He almost loosened his patience.

“Slim it, Tommy!” Newt joined them. He crossed his arms over his chest. His eyes met Thomas’s, staring deeply. As if he was searching a gap to find Thomas’s angriness, then blew it with composure.

Thomas bowed his head, looking at the table. He got a glimpse of Clarisse who sat across him. He felt an arrow pricked him on his chest. Teresa. If Vince didn’t explode WICKED’s headquarter at that time Teresa might be there with them.

Newt shifted his gaze to Frypan. The boy was surprised by Thomas’s reaction. Then, he moved his eyes to look at Vince.

“I know, Frypan definitely have a buggin’ reason to bring us here. I knew Fry, he wont just ... randomly believe in bloody someone. There must be at least a reason. So, I’ll let you consider that I bloody believe in you.” Newt paused. He took his eyes off Vince and returned them to Frypan. The boy nodded in agreement. “If you’re really on our side, just tell what your plan. All I bloody knew, you and your buggin’ group—The Right Arm—left us with Cranks and WICKED.”

Vince took a deep sigh. “Apparently the news succeed to control the situation.” He laughed.

“What do you mean? Control the situation?” the question came from Clarisse.

Vince nodded. “Listen up, Thomas.” Vince clapped Thomas’s knee before placing his palm on it. “I’ve realized my mistake after we burnt WICKED’s headquarter. I didn’t give the munnies time to escape and save their lives. If you didn’t do your part, I don’t know whether still there are munnies in this world.”

Those were interesting words for Thomas. He lifted his head to face Vince. Vince spoke calmly. Somehow he was sure Vince’s heartbeat was normal as he talked. Vince didn’t lie. He believed his words even more when he stared at Vince’s eyes that filled with honesty.

“Then, what?”

Vince smirked. “Is he always being impatient?” he wandered his eyes, looking at Thomas’s friends one by one. “Just let me talk. Are you okay with that?”

No one answered so he continued. But, his eyes fell to Minho and Newt. “You two. Will you keep standing there until I finish? What do you think I will do to your beloved friend? Moreover, this boy doesn’t need the guards. There are three empty chairs. Have a seat!”

With no words or smile, the two of them walked toward the empty chairs, sitting near to each other.

“Please, continue!” Insisted Thomas.

Once again, Vince chuckled. “The Right Arm left Denver? Yeah, that’s right. But, our berg landed a few miles off Denver. Luckily, no one knew. Then, what happened after The Right Arm left? WICKED took action, right? I mean, clearly.” He rolled his eyes, hoping for agreement.

No one gave him a response. They stared at him with curiosity burnt in their eyes, wanting Vince to continue.

“That what we wanted. They’re not hiding anymore. We can watch them easier. As long as we’re exist WICKED won’t start their trials.”

“WICKED really plan for that stupid trials?” This time, Sonya was impatient.

“Like I told, no as long as The Right Arm exist.” Vince answered confidently. “In their minds, positive. They will do the trials. The arena was ready. They’ve gathered the munnies. Not long until it will start.”

Thomas opened his mouth. Before he spoke, Vince raised his hand, motioning Thomas not to speak. Thomas didn’t argue. All he could do was bit his inner lip.

“The Right Arm found that arena. They connected this place to the arena using Flat Trans. Neither a maze or a schorced city. I wonder heard that the arena looked absolutely normal. A valley with a meadow, so many trees, animals, and a lake. It seems too good to became an arena for their trial. Not that safe and peaceful. Yeah, of course. They’ve lurked something. I knew a few weeks earlier. They put some Cranks to block the way out.”

Every face looked so serious, including Thomas. He still felt something wrong about the arena though Vince’d told about the Cranks.

“However, I think the trial will difficult and hard. Living at that good place, you won’t think to leave for sure, especially with the memories about the world outside—according to the rumor, they will keep the memories of their subjects. If no one leave the arena, the trial won’t finish. Or they all may be get killed.” Vince shrugged.

“They will finish the trial if WICKED decide to finish it.” Thomas commented, as if there was something from his memory that pushed him to speak up.

“Yeah, except that.” Vince nodded. “I heard you back to this town, Thomas. I don’t need any information from the outside to tell you, they will make you their main target. Or they have. In anyway, I don’t believe they spread that stupid rumor. Your blood? It’s poor joke.”

“Can you shorten your story, Vince?” Minho asked, stealing their attentions. “I’m starving to death.” His hand caressed his stomach.

Frypan laughed. He pushed the chair back, stood up. “When is the last time you eat, Minho? So pity.” He walked toward the door.

“I’m still the leader in Safe Haven, Fry. Show your respect!” Minho said, not so serious even though his expression was very convincing.

“Yeah, I know. Subject A7, the leader.” Frypan turned. He smirked before he disappeared to the kitchen.

Suddenly, laugh became very needy for Thomas and Newt. They burst into laugh seeing a little fight between Minho and Frypan.

“Seemingly, I have no place in the bloody council of the Safe Haven,” Newt joked, elbowing Minho in the ribs.

“Oh, I will gladly give my position o you, Newt. with that, I will have more time to flirt with the girls.” Minho snickered. He didn’t realize his words until his eyes landed on Sonya’s. “I mean, flirt with a girl. Yeah, just a girl.” Minho explained nervously. His expression changed, like someone who pleaded for trust.

“Not that easy, player!” Newt gave Minho a protective look.

Thomas itched to see Sonya’s reaction. To his surprise, Sonya blushed. He couldn’t help, but laughed so hard.

“Ehhmm.” Vince cleared his throat, automatically stopping their conversation. “Teenagers. Should I continue?”

All the attention back to Vince. There’s no answer, but they stared at him sharply.

“I’ll take those as a ‘yes’.” The man nodded. “It’s right, WICKED use you for their imaginative ambition. For you know, there’s another group here. That’s the group of the infected people. They hate munnies as much as they hate the Flare. The bad news is, they’re on WICKED’s side—sure they are. They’re consumed by WICKED’s lie about the cure. If WICKED failed the mission, they will undoubtedly kill the munnies.”

Soon, the air became heavy. As the fear stung their body, they froze. Thomas found a relation among Newt’s words and Vince’s. They seemed to face a bigger problem than they’d thought. The crowd felt more dangerous.

Silence took over the situation. Several seconds until Frypan came back to the group. He had two trays full with cakes and drinks. With confuse covered his face, Frypan put the trays on the table. He had no idea what made them looked so terrible. They sat quiet, not interesting to the cakes.

“Fine. I think I’d rather take it back to the kitchen.” Frypan had just touched the trays. He was about to pull them out when hands immediatelly fought to get some cakes. He laughed. “Good that. You shanks need to eat in order to increase your energy. War is near.”

Thomas was the only one who didn’t move his hands from his lap yet. Vince words made him thought so many things. There’s no place for hunger. He worried about his friends. Right now, nothing more interested than to know the news from Gally and the others. Though the cakes with whipped cream looked so delicious.

“What’s your next step, Vince?” Thomas restarted the conversation.

“Save the munnies, then go.” Vince answered briefly. Determination grew on his face. The plan was a must, like a redemption.

“I like the plan,” Minho said with mouth full of meal. He turned his head, facing Thomas. “Hey, Thomas, you heard Fry, didn’t you? You’ll need some more energy to confront the war. So, eat!” He brought a slice of tart to Thomas’s mouth.

Thomas accepted it. They’re right. He needed carbo. So, he ate the cake.

“Tommy, forget all of the buggin’ thought that bothered you for a while. I’m sure Gally and the others are bloody fine.”

Thomas only stared at Newt.

“If you’re thinking about the group who went with the former WICKED’s doctor, don’t worry. They’re safe with The Right Arm.”

Thomas had some water. He swallowed the meal and his anxiety. Finally, he sighed.

“Can I ask for another question? The last one?”

Thomas saw Clarisse eyes lingered at Vince, curious.

Vince nodded. “Anything.”

“Why you dress like an astronout?”

“This protects me from the Flare. You know, I’m not immune.” Vince replied calmly, as if Flare was only influenza virus.

Thomas finished his cake. He ate another slice of it. After the cake landed in his tongue, it delicious taste made him want more and more. He knew before, he was hungry. He observed his friend one by one as he chewed. He stopped moving his neck when he looked at the door. Riley got in to the room in hurry. He didn’t use his mask yet so Thomas could see his worry.

“What’s wrong, Riley?”

Riley locked the door. “They’re coming!”

“WE have to get out of here right now.” Vince stood up, followed by the others.

***

-----------

You can touch the star if you like this chapter.
Thank you.

See ya,
Love

Samina

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

4.5K 101 25
|The conclusion to the Edge of Insanity Trilogy| a Minho/TMR fanfiction After escaping the Maze and WCKD's trials, Ari and her friends thought they...
5.2K 185 22
Disclaimer- The Characters belong to James Dashner but the plot belongs to me Newt is dead and Thomas is alive or are they. Weeks after Newt was sho...
352K 7.5K 22
This is a crossover between Teen wolf and The Maze Runner. ~Newt is alive and got the cure *Possible Newtmas* Stiles or as some know him, Thomas, wa...
1K 47 42
Minho and Newt have been friends and lovers for a long time, and everything was okay. Until it wasn't. After the maze, they both start sinking into g...