Build | Justine Skye

By StoriesInParadise

After being on a hiatus for 2 years, Justine wants a fresh start and a new sound for her next upcoming album... More

Cast
Build Soundtrack
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
NEWS
38.
39.
40.
41.
I MADE THE PLAYLIST FINALLY!!
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.

14.

547 31 24
By StoriesInParadise

Edit by yours truly.

October 20th, 1999

Los Angeles, California

1:30 pm

In -N- Out Burger

Justine Skye

I was hanging out with Dalvin today we were getting some food nothing serious we were just catching up on things and stuff.

"So he showed up at ya crib?" Dalvin questioned.

"Yeah, he is on some stalker type shit I don't like it at all.. Hes becoming obsessive, at first it was cute when we started dating but then it got serious to the point it wasn't cute anymore just seeing him doing this type of shit again is too much for me." I said.

"I bet, gotta watch ya back girl." Dalvin said.

"I know glad Devante was there that night." I said.

"Devante was over ya crib?" Dalvin questioned.

"Yeah." I said.

"Why you say it like that?" I questioned.

"Nothing, it just caught be by surprise." Dalvin said.

"Yeah he was there that night he been at my house ever since." I said.

"I didn't know he was still here." Dalvin said.

"Yeah I thought he told you." I said.

"Nah he didn't tell me." Dalvin said.

"But he back in New Jersey now I got my parents over my house now." I said.

After that he just nodded his head and continued to eat.

"So what you doing for the rest of the day?" I asked.

"Probably gonna go to the studio and then later on tonight going to a strip club hang out for some friends." Dalvin said.

"Alright then, you have fun." I said shaking my head.

"I see you whenever you be careful." Dalvin said giving me a hug.

"I will, bye." I said giving him a hug back as he kissed my cheek.

"Lata." Dalvin said.

We both got in our cars and drove off I was doing some arranges for a few hours and after that head too the store to get some food since my parents wanted me to get them some items and I didn't mind as I pulled the list out to get these groceries. I couldn't get this certain item when some dude came up and I notice it was Static as I smiled.

"Hey static." I said giving him a hug.

"Hey Justine, you can call me Stephen." Static said giving him a hug back.

"How you been?" He asked.

"Well Stephen, I been pretty good so far too much been happening this past weeks trying to take one step at a time." I said.

"What's been going on, if I may ask?" Static asked.

I was telling him what have been going on and stuff all of a sudden I saw him turning his body around like he saw someone.

"Something wrong?" I asked.

"I saw some nigga following us." Static said.

"Its probably him." I said getting nervous.

"Aye I am here with ya, do you need me to follow you to ya house?" Static questioned.

"Yeah, I am getting paranoid now.. maybe it wasn't him or maybe it was I don't know." I said.

"Aight do you need to get anything else?" Static asked.

"No this is all that I needed." I said.

We went to the checkout and paid for our groceries after that we put it on our cars and after that he was following me back to my house as I became to a stop.

"Thanks for doing this." I told him.

"Its no problem, we friends after all!" Static said.

"Do you want some food? My parents are inside and is going to cook some good soul food that I haven't had in a long time?" I asked.

"Its okay, I was just getting snacks from the store since I am seeing Missy and Timbaland in the studio and shit." Static said.

"But thanks anyways." He added as I nodded.

"Alright I will see you later or something." I said.

"Yeah you got my number?" Static asked.

"Yeah I got it." I said.

"Don't be to scared to use it if you need someone to talk too as a friend I know you with Devante and shit don't want him mad at me." Static said as I laughed.

"I will make sure to call you whenever I need a friend." I said as he smiled.

We hugged and said our goodbyes as I went to the door calling for my parents to come and help me with the bags.

Los Angeles, California

Dinner with parents

6:30 pm

My phone started to ring as I excused myself from the table to see how it was as I looked at the caller I.D. and it was Devante as I smiled.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey lil mama, what you doing?" Devante asked.

"I am having dinner with my parents." I said.

"Dinner? And I missed it?" Devante questioned as I laughed.

"Yeah I am sorry, maybe when you come back we can do it again or something." I said.

"Yeah I would like that, ya parents are nice people." Devante said as I smiled.

"Yeah they are." I said.

"I called you because I was checking on you." Devante said.

"I appreciate that, and I am good now I think he was in the store eariler but I am glad that I ran into static and he was with me the whole time and he wanted me to get home safe so he followed me all the way home." I said.

"That is nice of him." Devante said.

"Yeah he is sweetheart glad you have him as a friend." I said as I knew he was smiling.

"I miss ya... that is the real reason I was calling." Devante said as I blushed.

"I miss you too, I may have to come up there to visit." I said.

"I don't mind." Devante said as I laughed.

"Yeah I know you wouldn't mind." I said.

"Well tell your parents that I said hello and stuff." Devante said.

"Okay I will, I probably call you later." I said.

"Aight then I will be waiting." Devante said as I laughed.

"You so corny." I said as he laughed.

"I know." Devante said.

"Bye." I said.

"Lata." Devante said as he ended the call.

"Who was that? Devante?" Mom asked.

"Yeah." I said with a smile.

"You are smiling." Mom said as she smiled.

"He seems like a nice man." Dad said.

"Old man at that." He added.

"Daddy!" I said.

"What?" Dad asked.

"You met mama when you was 29 and she was 20? What's the difference?" I questioned.

"She does have a point." Mom said.

"Yall have been together ever since then." I said.

They both looked at each other and smiled.

"But he told me to tell you guys hello and wants to do a dinner whenever he gets back to LA." I said.

"I will love to see him again." Mom said.

"He brought us together that means something right?" Mom questioned as I nodded.

"Yeah, it was really nice for him to do for your birthday." Dad said as I smiled.

"Yeah." I said.

"Did you have a huge crush on him when he was in Jodeci anyways?" Mom asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"It worked out for ya huh?" Mom questioned as I laughed.

"MAMA!" I said as they laughed.

"Yeah but I like him because of him not because he was in Jodeci." I added.

"I can tell you like this man very much." Mom said.

"You been through so much you deserve someone better and makes you feel safe, beautiful, and happy Justine that is what we both wanted all this time." She added.

That warmed my heart I was not going to cry though.

"I just don't appreciate how he randomly popping up again." Dad said.

"I know, that is why I have you guys here with me." I said.

"You need to move." Mom said.

"Move where?" I questioned.

"Back to Brooklyn, New York." Dad stated.

"Its too much memories especially New York I can't move back up there, that is why I moved to LA to get away from him." I said.

"But hes here though baby, when we go back home what are you going to do then?" Mom asked.

"I will have my bodyguards here with me." I said.

"Move up to New Jersey." Dad said.

"Devante lives there." I said as he nodded.

"He probably won't mind you living with him." Dad said.

"Living with him?" I questioned as I was shocked because he said that.

"Yeah I can stay with him for a lil bit but I don't know about living with him that's a big step." I said.

"Its just a thought, he probably don't mind you living with him." Mom said.

"I don't know this is moving a lil too fast." I said.

"Okay we were just throwing it out there." Dad said.

I mean I don't mind living with Devante but we taking this slow and I don't want anything to happen to the point we break up and I have to move back to LA and I am not trying to do that because I like how things are between Devante and I.

Your thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 6.2K 32
𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐌 𝟕͟𝟐͟𝟑͟ devanté swing © 𝙼𝙸𝙰 𝙶𝙾𝙻𝙳𝚂 ❝ what if everything you ever wanted, cost you everything you believed...
82.4K 3.7K 37
𝐁𝐄𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐊, stormi evans is the biggest female r&b singer on the planet. with the fame and success, such tragic events in h...
730 113 14
[] open! | [✶] closed! started: march 6, 2024 finished: ??? all rights reserved to @jadememoriia & @urbestestfriend