𝑩𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝑩𝒚 𝑩𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅 |...

By SierraDuckland

❝𝘓𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩, 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘳, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘴𝘰 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶.❞ ... More

ᏢᎡᎾᎬᎷ
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 - Part 1
Chapter 29 - Part 2
Chapter 30 - Part 1
Chapter 30 - Part 2
Chapter 30 - Part 3
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 - Part 1
Chapter 33 - Part 2
Chapter 33 - Part 3
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45 - Part 1
Chapter 45 - Part 2
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Author's Note #1
Author's Note #2

Chapter 49

719 14 2
By SierraDuckland

Laura's POV

Two Weeks Later...

"Laura, we'll be back in about an hour," Aunt Jill yelled from downstairs, the sound of the front door opening echoed throughout the house.

"Bye kiddo, text us if you think of anything else we need from the store," Uncle Chris said to me, just as I heard the sounds of foots then the front door close. Silence instantly filled the whole house.

While Uncle Chris and Aunt Jill were going into town to do some grocery shopping, I was in my room, laying comfortably on my bed with a book in hand. I grasped ahold of the corner of the sheet, turning to the next page of the book and reading it. I gently grabbed my cup of hot chocolate off the end table next to me, pressing the edge of the cup to my lips and taking a drink out of it, before setting it back down on the top of the end table.

It's been two weeks since I've temporarily moved in with Uncle Chris and Aunt Jill. Despite how long I've been staying with them, I still haven't gotten used to being around them, or the rest of my newfound friends and family members for that matter. All of it felt new to me.

Just a month ago I was still living across the country in Seattle, going to school, hanging out with my friends, all while dealing with my adoptive mother; her state of mind completely broken beyond repair. The only thing that could satisfy her wrecked state of being was a twelve pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon and numerous bottles of Jack Daniels. My once lively mother was tirelessly inebriating herself to point where she was constantly finding herself on death's doorstep, only for the grim reaper to never answer any of her pleas to end her suffering up until her murder.

Now here I am, more than three weeks after the events of the viral outbreak in my hometown, or the Seattle Bioterror Incident as the press has coined it. I'm currently living in Richmond, Virginia with my birth mother's brother and his growing family.

A lot has happened since then. My wounds have fully healed last week; I was finally able to remove the numerous stitches from the long ass scar that now horizontally lined the surface of my stomach. So no more constant bed rest, or pain killers for me. In less than two weeks, I'll be moving out of Uncle Chris's place and leave to go live with my stepfather, Leon, in Washington D.C. After all, the two men had agreed that Leon would be the one to have full custody of me.

That's not all though, there were some things that still plagued my mind, things I could never forget. One of them was when Dad visited me at the hospital that night, sharing with me the truth about behind the bioterror attack in Seattle, Mom's capture, and his real motives.'Who was actually responsible for the viral outbreak? If it wasn't my Dad, then who? Whoever this person was, they must have one hell of a grudge against my father for whatever reason.'

The second thing was Alex, my twin sister. Where is she? Is she alright? I haven't "telepathically" spoken with her even since I've woken up from my coma. I've tried to communicate with her in my sleep, but I keep forgetting it only works when the both of us are slumbering at the same time.

The third and final thing that's been on my mind was the black USB drive Ada had given me on my birthday. I haven't had any time at all to myself to check out what could've been stored within the hard drive. But now that I'm all alone with nothing else better to do, I can now actually see if Ada left anything important behind in the hard drive.

"It will come in handy later..." Her words echoed throughout my mind.

With my mind made up, I placed my bookmark within my book, closing it and setting it on top of the other end table next to my bed. I leaned over the side of my mattress, pulling out my laptop from underneath my bed and opening it up. As soon as I turned it on and entered my password, I inserted the head of the hard drive into the USB port of my laptop, prompting a folder icon titled "Background Information & Research" to appear on the computer screen.

I clicked on the folder, opening it up a separate tab containing a vast variety of digital documents and audio recordings on my laptop. From research notes and lab reports, to personal profiles, classified articles, and mission reports.

As I scrolled through the colossal list of files, my fingers froze, no longer moving along the keys on my keyboard. My vibrant blue eyes landed on one file in particular, one recording that had greatly peeked my interest:

Wesker's Report

'Maybe I'll finally find some answers about my father's past after all. Something, anything that would help me understand why Dad acts the way he does.' I thought to myself, clicking on it. Upon doing so, another tab opened up on the screen, revealing five different parts to whole recording. I selected the first audio recording labeled "Part 1 – Experiment," resulting in a separate tab to open up and play the audio recording.

"July 31, 1978. The first time I visited that place, it was the summer of my eighteenth year. That makes it about twenty years ago. As I got off the helicopter, I remember the sight of the swirling wind the helicopter blades whipped into the air. When viewed from above, the old mansion seemed quite normal, but when seen from the ground, there was something foreboding and unapproachable about it. Birkin, my junior by two years, seemed as usual to be only concerned with a document he was holding. We were assigned to the mansion two days earlier, on the day that the executive training center we had belonged to was closed. It all seemed like it was planned, too much of a coincidence, but probably the only person who knew the real truth was Spencer. Spencer was one of the main guys in charge of America's T-Virus research at the Arklay research facility—" I paused the recording, taking a deep breath.

There's more to these recordings that meets the eye, that's for sure. Even so, I couldn't help but feel a tad bit frustrated over that. I let out a vexed sigh, massaging the sides of my temple with my forefingers in an attempt to calm myself. I've only listened to the narration for less than two minutes and now I have many more questions than answers about my father's origin. One question after another raced through my head, plaguing my very thoughts as if a mental epidemic was spreading all throughout every corner and crevice of my mind.

'Who did my father used to work for? Was it the Umbrella Corporation? What about his colleague, Birkin? Is he somehow related to Sherry since they both have the same last name or is it just a coincidence? What happened to him? And then there's Spencer, who the hell was he? What role did he play in all of this? There's only one way to find out.' I thought to myself.

Right when I was about to click on the play button, I heard foot steps coming from downstairs; the sounds of the floorboards slightly creaking from below. 'Someone's here.' I quietly close my laptop, sitting up off the bed and setting it down on top of my comforter. I reached underneath my pillow, pulling out my sheathed S.T.A.R.S. knife from within the pillow case.

I removed the sheath, placing it down on top of my bed. With my combat knife in hand, I tip toed out of my bedroom, making my way downstairs. As soon as I reached the bottom of the staircase, I heedfully glanced around the entry way, noticing that the front door was open.

I walked over to the doorway, closing the front door and locking it. As I turned around, I immediately saw a fist coming my way, aimed at my face. Using my free hand, I rapidly caught the girl's balled fist, preventing her from punching me in the face. Without a moment's hesitation, I swung my knife in her direction, only for her to cartwheel backwards, kicking the blade out of my hand in the process. As soon as the girl was back on her own two feet, she caught the knife in mid air; her manicured fingers clutching tightly around the blade's handle.

"I expected you to be a lot more rusty due to your recovery and all, Laura. But alas little sister, you're still able to hold your own no matter the circumstances," A familiar voice spoke up, as she inspected the sharpened combat knife in her hands.

'Wait a minute... I recognize from anywhere!' I thought to myself, my eyes going round straight away.

It wasn't until that moment that I finally got a good look at the female intruder, my electric blue eyes glancing over and meeting her matching ones. An impish smirk decorated her lips, as she tucked a strand of long, curly blonde hair behind her ear.

"Alex?"

"The one and only." She grinned, taking one step forward at a time towards me.

"How are you even here? In Richmond? Am I dreaming or am I just that shocked to see you here?" I though aloud, just as she halted in front of me.

Alex let out an amused chuckle, holding my S.T.A.R.S. knife out to me. "No Laura, you're not dreaming. And trust me, I'd feel the exact same way if I were in your shoes."

I took my combat knife back from my older sister. "What are you doing here?" I inquired.

"I was in the neighborhood so I thought I would pay you a little visit to see how you're doing," Alex responded. "By the looks of it, you've already fully recovered."

"Thanks for pointing out the obvious, Alex," I stated, before realizing something. "As much as I want to spend more time with you sis, it won't be long before Uncle Chris—"

"Laura relax," My twin cut me off. "You don't need to worry about that. We have about two hours at most before they get back."

I raised an eyebrow at her. "What do you mean—?"

As if on cue, my phone started to ring, the Metallica music playing in the background indicating that it's an incoming call from Uncle Chris. Grabbing my phone out of my jean pocket, I answered it, holding the cellular device up to my ear.

"Hey Uncle Chris, what's up?"

"Hey Laura, Jill and I just finished up with getting groceries," My uncle informed me.

"Great, when will you guys be home?"

"Actually... We're not heading home yet, Laura."

"Why? Did something come up?" I asked him, using a concerned tone of voice.

"Yes, the truck broke down in the middle of road," Uncle Chris replied.

"Are you two okay?"

"Yes, we're both fine. I called for a tow truck earlier from All Tune & Lube so we're still waking to be picked up and taken back to the auto repair shop."

"How long do you think it'll take to get the truck hauled back to the repair shop and fixed?"

"About two hours at most, Laura," He notified me, with a perturbed tone of voice.

"Well, it could've been worse Uncle Chris. You should be thankful that you two didn't get into an accident," I reminded him.

"Yeah, I definitely agree with you there. See you in a couple of hours. Bye Laura."

"Bye Uncle Chris." I hung up on him, placing my phone back into my pocket.

I directed my gaze over at Alex, as she was leaning her back against a nearby wall. I sighed out. "What did you do, Alex?"

She lifted her head up, glancing over in my direction. "I only messed with the truck's engine, Laura. That's all," My twin answered, holding her hands up in the air in defense. "You make it sound like I did something wrong even though I was just trying to buy us some more time."

I groaned, running a hand through my blonde head of hair as I eyed Alex. "Then why are you actually here? What's so important that you have to tell me?"

"Before that, hand me your phone." Alex held out her hand, gesturing me to hand over my smart phone.

"What?"

"Does it look like I'm joking, Laura? I need to show you something first," Alex said, waiting for me to give her my phone.

I narrowed my eyes at my twin sister, before pulling out my phone and handing it to her. The moment my IPhone was in her hand, Alex threw onto the ground, lifting her foot and smashing the heel of her boot continuously onto my phone until it was shattered into pieces.

"What the hell Alex! Why the fuck did you just break my phone like that!?" I yelled at her, anger evident in my tone of voice. 'Damn it Alex! That phone had all of my selfies of Tyler, Emile, and I altogether on there!'

Alex ignored my question, kneeling down on the ground and digging around the pile of crushed cellular components. My older twin picked up a piece of my broken phone, standing back up and showing it to me.

"That's why Laura," Alex stated, holding out the broken bugging device in the palm of her hand.

My eyes widened in shock, staring down at the Tricell logo imprinted on the miniature device. "How the hell did they plant that inside my phone?"

"Probably while you were in the hospital. Whoever this person is, he or she's got people lurking in every corner and crevice wherever you go Laura. So keep that in mind the next time you're out and about." Alex speculated, placing the broken device inside her pocket. "Now that they can't no longer trace you or hack your old phone, it's high time that you get an upgrade." My older sister pulled out a spare IPhone out of her phone, an exact replica of my broken one. Except it's brand new and appearing to be more high quality.

"Courtesy of our one of a kind father, Albert Wesker. It's your belated birthday present from him," Alex told me, handing me my brand new IPhone 5s.

"It's already activated and ready to go. I was even nice enough to take the time to transfer everything from your old phone to your new one," My sister informed me.

I glanced down at my new phone before shifting my gaze up at my twin sister. Nothing but shock clouding my features. If I could widen my eyeballs any further than they already are, they would be popping out of my eye sockets at this point. 'Now that she mentioned him, I remember her telling me about him in our dream...' I thought to myself, recalling what Alex had said:

"Even though it doesn't seem like it, Dad does love and care about us! Both of us! He just expresses his adoration of us differently than most fathers do! You know that as much as I do sis! He would never do anything to hurt us! Why do you think he came to Seattle just as the viral outbreak occurred?! He knew what was going on and was trying to get you out of there before they could get their hands on you..!"

"How the hell do you know about our biological father and why he was in Seattle?"

Alex's eyes went round. She sighed. "I was hoping that you would forget about that, but looks like it was too much to hope for..."

I crossed my arms over my chest, the corners of my mouth quirking down. "Alex..."

"Okay, fine. Don't tell Dad that I told you this though. The reason why I know so much about him is because I've been living with him this entire time."

The room fell silent, my breath hitching on my throat. No matter how much I didn't want to ask, I needed to know. I need to know how long Alex has been living with our father. "For how long?"

Alex gazed over at me, momentarily diverting her electric blue eyes down at the ground before meeting my gaze once again. "Ever since we were born."

My lips slightly parted, my jaw hanging agape as my eyes fell to the floor. If I wasn't surprised enough, I was completely overwhelmed with shock, anger, and resentment at the same time. One hell of a wake-up call if you ask me. In a way I kinda felt betrayed, no, more like abandoned by my biological father. 'If Dad knew about Alex and I's existence ever since our very birth, then why did he chose to obtain custody over Alex but not me? Do I not live up to his expectations? Does he favor my older sister over me? Is it because—?' I immediately pushed those thoughts aside, redirecting my gaze back up at my sister.

"Is Dad here? In Richmond?"

She nodded her head. "Yeah, he's busy meeting with one of his contacts here in town."

"Does he know that you're here?"

Alex shook her head. "No, not a clue." My twin sister ambled up to me, resting her hand on either of my shoulders. "Look Laura, I understand that you're mad at Dad and all. Before you start yelling at me, there's something else that I need to tell you, it's about Mom's disappearance."

I maintained full eye contact with my older sister; the corner's of my mouth quirked down, forming a frown. "Is it good news or bad news?"

My older sister let go of my shoulders. "It's actually good news for once," Alex responded, a smile curling onto her lips. "Let's take this conversation else where." Alex lead me out of the foyer, towards the living room.

"Did you guys dig up any clues on Mom's whereabouts?" I questioned my sister, as the two of us sat down on the sofa.

"No, it's something else."

I glanced over at Alex. "What? What is it?"

"Despite the fact that we don't know very much about our adversary's background or how he found out about you, we were able to uncover that he had some sort of substantial affiliation with Tricell before the pharmaceutical company was forcibly shut down."

"Then what was the reason for the conglomerate's closure?"

"Due to our father's former affiliation with the CEO of Tricell's African division, the overall plot alone provided a significant amount of evidence that validated one of his most diabolical plans that he ever tried to carry out."

***Flashback***

March 7, 2009
| 5:34 pm |

***3rd POV***

"The preparations are almost complete. Then we can leave," Excella Gionne notified her captivating colleague, Wesker. Her Italian accent more apparent than her showing off her cleavage with her rather revealing daisy colored dress. Ms. Gionne took out one of the syringes from her attaché case, handling the medical instrument with care.

"Her name was Excella Gionne. When our father first met her, she was just another researcher that work for Tricell, working as a researcher within the corporation's pharmaceutical branch in the organization. However, what actually caught his eye what Excella's persona; she was just as ambitious and knowledgeable as him. A worthy and valuable pawn to manipulate for his own selfish gain, another chest piece to utilize on his game board. The game in this case being his plan to achieve complete global sovereignty over the entire human race through forced evolution and natural selection.

Not only that, Excella was just as power hungry as him; a major similarity between them. She wanted a higher position within her family's corporation. Our father needed more funding to expand his bioweapons projects. So the two of them ended forming a partnership. As a result, Tricell was able to establish a secret bioweapons division thanks to all the information and resources Dad accumulated from his time working with the Umbrella corporation. As for Excella, she was rapidly able to climb the company's corporate ladder, until she acquired her desired position as CEO of Tricell's African division and being given more of a voice within the company. And Dad received more than enough compensation to continue his research."

"Good," Wesker simply replied, not making any eye contact with his colleague whilst keeping his gaze on his nine-year-old daughter, Alexandra. The little girl sat to the right of him on the leather couch, quietly reading her favorite science fiction story, "Frankenstein."

Excella removed the cap of the syringe, flicking the tip of needle a couple times with her manicured fingernails. Wesker raised his left forearm, balling his gloved hand into a fist, exposing more than half of his plump veins beneath the surface of his sun-kissed skin. The young CEO then inserted the tip of the needle into one of the blonde's veins, injecting him with the proper amount of his daily dose of antiviral medication.

As soon as Ms. Gionne finished administering the serum, she pulled the tip of needle out of his skin, the miniature puncture wound rapidly healing itself. Excella placed the cap back on the empty syringe, placing it back in her attaché case sitting next to her.

"You know, I was surprised that Las Plagas was such a success," The CEO started off, as Wesker sat up from the couch and took a couple steps forward. "When you first arrived I had my doubts. And now Uroboros is complete." Excella stood up from the couch as well, strolling up beside her fellow colleague.

A roguish grin curled onto the woman's lips. After six long years of hard laborious work on the project, all of their hard work has finally paid off. Now that the Uroboros Virus was finished, soon they can move onto to phase 2 of the Uroboros project. 'Everything is going according to plan, right on schedule as well.' The ravenette thought to herself, eyeing Wesker's eye muscle-bound, appealing figure from top to bottom.

"Your position at Tricell is secured," The blonde assured, still not sparing a glance at Excella. Alexandra peered up from her book, her electric blue eyes focused on the two adults standing in the middle of the control room.

Excella leisurely circled behind Albert, her heels clicked against the surface of the cement flooring, tenderly running the tips of her manicured fingernails from one of the blonde's shoulders to the other. "Oh... I have my eyes set on something much bigger."

Wesker lightly hummed, his tone laced with a hint of annoyance. The blonde gritted his teeth, his lips pressed together to conceal his irritation. Alexandra cringed, the corners of her mouth quirking down in distaste as she watched Ms. Gionne carry out another one of sexual advances towards her father.

"You'll be needing a partner, right? Someone suitable to join you in your nerd world?" The young CEO purred. "I believe I've proven that I'm worthy, haven't I?" Excella lifted one of her manicured hands, lightly caressing the well muscled surface of his taut stomach.

No matter how much Wesker wanted to snap the young woman's neck into two, now wasn't the time to do so, not yet. He still needed to be amiable towards Excella for a little while longer, to ensure that the rest of phase 1 ran smoothly and goes according to plan before he can move onto phase 2 of the Uroboros project. 'Just for a little while longer, then I'll have the pleasure of dismissing her as I see fit.' The blonde reminded himself.

Wesker raised his left hand, taking ahold of Excella's jaw in a belligerent manner. His orange cat-like eyes examined his colleague's face, taking in the ten pounds of makeup that she was wearing on her face. He couldn't help but compare her appearance to Ms. Redfield's, Alexandra's biological mother.

Excella's eyes were rather grey and dull, adorned with mascara and smokey eyeshadow, unlike Claire's vibrant blue ones. The CEO's entire complexion was adorned with powder foundation, her rose beige colored skin a tad bit more creamy than Ms. Redfield's rosy pale skin. Excella's jet black hair was as dark as her ambitions; Claire's on the other hand was auburn, as bright and radiant as her outgoing spirit. Even though Excella's attire mostly consisted of silk dresses, expensive business suits, and other kinds of revealing clothing which showed off more of her slender body than she needed to, the younger Redfield sibling's garments were much more simple yet still sexy (in his opinion though), complementing her lean figurine.

However, the major difference between the two of them was Claire didn't need to wear unveiling attire, lipstick, or eyeliner to look gorgeous, she already was. Every corner and curve on her sylphlike frame was virtually fashioned to perfection, as if she was handcrafted by God himself. From her plump lips to her hourglass shaped hips. Claire possessed a natural kind of  beauty that only a mythical goddess would have. Regardless of what has happened between the two of them, his feelings for her will never change, that's for sure.

"Perhaps you have," Wesker replied coldly, letting go of Excella's chin and shifting his gaze away from her. Not wanting to spend another second glancing the CEO's way.

Alexandra smirked to herself, feeling more glad than ever that her father rejected Excella once again. 'Is that woman ever gonna learn? Or no? I highly doubt it.' The little girl thought to herself, directing her gaze back to her book and reading the page where she last left off.

"The BSAA are here," Jill announced, using her monotone voice upon entering the control room.

Wesker brief glanced in Ms. Valentine's direction, the cloaked women meeting his gaze. Her blank emotional expression hidden behind her crow mask. Alexandra remained hidden from Jill's point of view, her tiny form concealed behind her father's towering, muscle-bound figure

"It appears that your old friend, Chris Redfield has come to pay you a visit," Excella stated aloud, pointing out the obvious and giving away the name of Wesker's nemesis as well as Alexandra's uncle.

A malevolent smirk decorated the blonde's lips, then quickly turning into a frown upon the realization of Redfield's upcoming arrival. "Do I sense concern?" Ms. Gionne teased, using an exuberant tone of voice. "The plan is in its final stages, I will not tolerate delays." Wesker reminded his colleague, keeping his tone stern yet despotic.

Excella huffed out in vexation, turning around and treading towards the couch. She closed the top of the attaché case, grabbing ahold of its handle then leaving the control room with Jill following behind her. The sounds of their heels clicking echoed throughout the hallway, becoming fainter and fainter until they couldn't be heard no more.

Wesker took a couple more steps forward towards the control panel, looking out the window at the rest of the area within the Umbrella African Laboratory. As the blonde gazed out the window, he recalled the night of his visit with Spencer three years ago:

"...a new superior breed of humans...

...creating a new world...

...the Progenitor Virus...

...You...!

...I was to become a god..."

Using his gloved hand, Wesker impaled Spencer through his chest, blood immediately gushing from the open wound.

"...That right is now mine..."

The blonde removed his bloody hand from the old man's chest, as Spencer took one last breath of air before his limp corpse tumbled down towards the end of the stairs. His eyes rolled towards the back of his head; drops of blood trickled down from the corner of his agape mouth.

"I believe I should thank you Spencer," Wesker stated aloud, his eyes landing on the Uroboros missiles that were stored a ways away in one section of the facility.

After remaining silent for so long, Alexandra glanced up from her book, shifting her gaze towards her father. "Daddy?"

Wesker turning around, coming face to face with his eldest daughter. "Yes Alexandra, what is it?"

"Is there something wrong?" Little Alex inquired, setting her bookmark in her book before closing it. "Was it because Exslutta was flirting with you again?"

Wesker let out an amused chuckle, ambling towards the couch then sitting down beside his child. "No my dear, I'm fine," He assured his daughter. "Also, how many times have I told you to not to refer to Excella as Exslutta?"

Alexandra crossed her arms over her chest. "So many times that I lost count," She responded. "Although, you specifically said to not call her that when she is around. Remember?"

Wesker shook his head in a disapproval, remaining composed and levelheaded, even though his daughter's behavior reminded him of a particular redhead. "Yes, I do remember Alexandra. But If I do hear you say that nickname again, no more shopping sprees with my credit card for the next two weeks. Do you understand?"

Alexandra pouted, nodding her head. "Yes Daddy."

***End of Flashback***

Laura's POV

"So let me get this straight," I started off, "Our father used to be work partners with this Excella person, who happens to be an important acquaintance of our mystery foe?"

Alex nodded her head.

"What happened to her?" I questioned my twin.

"Dad killed her," Alex responded. "No matter how annoying the woman was, she didn't didn't deserve to go out the way she did. Still, Excella got what she deserved in the end for affiliating herself with our infamous father."

"Then how do you know about that? About the connection between her and our adversary?"

Alex pulled out a piece of paper from within her jean pocket, her gaze steadily diverting to folded paper in her hand. "One of Dad's former agents, Ada Wong, intercepted an email that our adversary had sent to one of his personal agents from a couple days ago. At first I didn't believe Ada when she called me about this, yet again, it's been over a year since I've heard from her. Although, Ada rarely calls me nowadays due to her work schedule and the fact that Dad isn't exactly fond of her as he used to be. When she does call me though, the only reason for doing so is if it's about something serious. And knowing Ada, she's gonna want a favor in return for her services. So I had to go to great lengths to have a copy of this email sent to me without Dad finding out."

My eyes widened the moment Alex mentioned Ada's name. "Ada is alive?"

Alex glanced back up at me, her eyes partially widening. "Yeah, she is. How do you know about her?"

"I met Ada during the viral outbreak in Seattle more than three weeks ago. That woman helped me more than I could count. If it weren't for her, I wouldn't be here right now," I responded to her.

"That sounds like Ada alright. Always being the damn mother hen she has been," My twin sister trailed off, before glancing down at the paper in her hand for a moment. Alex held out the paper out to me. "You need to read this Laura. It ain't pretty one bit, but it's something you need to see."

I take the paper from my sister, unfolding it before beginning to read it:

_______________________________

DATE - October 3, 2015

TO - E***** G*****

FROM - R****** V*****

SUBJECT - Mission Debrief

Despite the early complications and setbacks we've experienced, we were still able to execute the mission by capturing and detaining one out of the two targets: Claire Redfield. She is currently interned in a disclosed location for the time being until more reinforcements arrive to transfer her to one of your private research facilities as per you requested. She will be delivered to the I****** R******* F******* in approximately two days' time.

Every single detail is being taken into account to ensure that the B.S.A.A. nor the D.S.O. don't come across any evidence that would suggest the female subject is actually alive. Preparations have already been made and carried out in the biohazard zone to stage Claire Redfield's "death." If any B.S.A.A. operatives or D.S.O. agents were to stumble upon the gruesome scene we've set up, more than enough evidence had been planted within the surrounding area to falsify Ms. Redfield's so-called death. They'll have no other choice than to declare her officially dead, thus permanently ceasing any and all search operations for missing woman.

However, even though Claire Redfield is securely confined within our custody, Laura Wesker still remains at large. We weren't successful in capturing Albert's daughter and taking her prisoner along side her mother. In spite of the drastic measures we've taken to pull off Laura's assassination, she still managed to survive the assault even with the severe injuries she sustained.

Not only that, Allen Vasquez, the sniper that was ordered to eliminate Laura, was collared by B.S.A.A. captain Chris Redfield and his lieutenant Piers Nivans. The same goes for Jessica as well; she was also apprehended by B.S.A.A. operatives and transported to their North American branch headquarters on the east coast four days ago. Just as you instructed her to do so.

Aside from that, there's something else. As you suspected, Albert did end up making an appearance in Seattle during the viral outbreak. It seems that he's starting to catch onto your diabolical intentions with Claire and Laura, nevertheless, his involvement isn't at all profound to be deemed as a major inference to Operation Bad Blood. Yet. Despite the fact that Albert has managed to take Agent Ford captive for questioning, he won't find out anything new from the man. Nothing that would eminently jeopardize your operation of getting revenge for Excella Gionne's death.

For now, we'll be keeping a close eye on Laura Wesker. It's early as well as risky to try to kidnap her once again, now that Leon Kennedy and Chris Redfield (her stepfather and uncle), and Albert Wesker are partially aware that we have our sights set on Laura. When the right time does come though, we will not fail again.

_______________________________

As soon as I finished reading the email, I was about to ask Alex a question until a phone abruptly began to ring. "Animal I've Become" by Three Days Grace resonating audibly throughout the living room. My twin let out an annoyed sighed, digging her smartphone out of her over jean pocket and answering it.

"Hey Evan, I'm in the middle of—" Alex was suddenly cut off when the person interrupted her, talking with my older sister using an alarmed tone of voice.

"What? Soon? What's their ETA until they get here?" Alex inquired, sitting up off the couch and heading into the foyer.

I followed after my sister, approaching her just as the call ended. Alex turned around, facing me as she placed her smartphone back inside her pocket. "Looks like our time is gonna have to be cut short. Chris and Jill are on their way, they'll be here in less than two minutes."

My eyes widened. "Shit," I cursed under my breath. I briefly looked behind me, my vibrant blue eyes landing on the back door in the kitchen. "Go out the back door. There's a ninety percent chance that they won't see you if you take the back way through the neighborhood," I advised, making my way towards the back door.

"Good idea, Laura," Alex acknowledged me, following right behind me.

I quickly unlocked the door, opening it and peering all around outside, noticing that no one was looking our way. The sound of Uncle Chris's pickup truck pulling into the driveway prompted me to slightly panic. I rapidly turned around, holding the door open. "Now's your chance. Go while nobody's looking."

"Thanks sis, see you later." Alex hugged me for a moment, before dashing out the back door. She sprinted across the back yard, hauling herself over the seven feet tall wooden fence before jumping off it. Alex landed on the other side of it, vanishing from my sight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 283 16
LEON ART IN BOOKS COVER: @everglaid_ -Twitter or MistFighter -DeviantArt - Female reader! Unless you can change pronouns as you read - After a serio...
3.7K 84 5
Just before the events of Resident Evil 4, Leon is about to go on his mission to save the President's daughter. He just can't get a certain someone o...
93.5K 7.5K 79
[Featured by wattpad romance, teen fiction, young adult and psychologicalnovel] Joy Jones was a seventeen-year-old kind and optimistic girl working...
93.7K 3.1K 29
꧁𝚁𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙴𝚟𝚒𝚕 𝚅𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚡 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛꧂ 𝙰 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚝 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚋 𝚏𝚊𝚒𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚝𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘...