The Princess and Her Alpha (B...

By kthaler

*Sequel to On the Run* Everything has changed for Isabella since her sixteen birthday. She's a princess but m... More

One Month Later
Pregnant
Back to Reality
Remember
Return
Vision
Lilly
Leaving
The Talk
Date
Decision
Letter
Changed
Secrets
Revealed
Encounter
Mistake
The Past
Broken
Aftermath
Three Years Later
Lost and Found
Let the War Begin
The Beginning of the End
Bloodshed
Epilogue

Leaving

550 22 4
By kthaler

        A wave of loneliness hit me as I walked out of the pack territory. I fought to keep back the tears but as much as tried, it was impossible. I kept thinking of Jace and the twins. My babies would never see me again. Would they even remember their mother? Tears spilled down my cheeks because I knew that they would never remember me. They have only been alive two, almost three days; they won’t even know who I am when they grow up. I wonder what Jace will tell them. Would he tell them I died? Or that they didn’t have a mother? Would he tell them the truth, how I sacrificed myself to save them?

            My head started to spin and my stomach was filled with butterflies. I was literally making myself sick thinking about this. I ignored the sick feeling and continued on, knowing it would take me a few hours to get to the cabin on foot. I didn’t want to shift because I wouldn’t have any clothes and it would be easier to track me in wolf form. The cool night air caused me to shiver. I should have grabbed a jacket or some other clothing than the shorts and short sleeve shirt I had on now. I didn’t want to risk waking Jace up though.

            It was nearly one in the morning and my body was reacting to it. I let out a yawn, tiredness overtaking my body. I hadn’t slept at all tonight and it was taking a toll on my body. I ignored the screaming of my legs as I walked on. Ten miles was awfully far of a walk at one in the morning. The only thing I could do was pray that Jace didn’t wake up in the middle of the night and find me gone.

            After forcing my family out of my mind, I began to think of Dillon. What would happen when he came for me? What would he do to me? The possibilities were endless. I knew that he would hurt me if he had too. Where did the Dillon I once knew go? Maybe I could try and reason with that side of him? I could try and find that old Dillon. I needed a plan before I got to the cabin. 

            There was a possibility of rogues wandering the unclaimed territory and if I did come in cross with one, they’d know just by my scent that I was Jace’s mate and rogues hated alphas. Hurting me would be hurting Jace and that’s what rogues wanted. It was scary to think that I used to be one.

            I continued walking for what seemed like forever. The endless tree scenery was getting old by now. I’d walked at least five miles or before, my knees got weak and I stumbled to the ground. I groaned, my body not wanting to go on. It had been a long night and I was exhausted. If I feel asleep, then Jace could wake up before me and find me here before I even got to Dillon. Maybe just sitting for a few minutes would make me feel better.

            I leaned up against a tree, my legs loving the rest they were getting. My wolf whined to be let out, but I refused. The idea of getting up, let alone running, seemed terrible. After about ten minutes of resting, I finally forced myself to get up. Have you ever been so exhausted that you want to cry because of how weak and tired you are? Well that happened to me, I broke down into tears. I think it was a mixture of exhaustion and the thought of leaving that made me break down.

            I wiped away the tears as I started to walk towards the cabin. The thing that kept me going was that I was protecting my family this way. I had to keep telling myself that I loved Jace and the twins. This was all to protect them from Dillon.

            After hours of walking, the soreness of my legs screaming for another break, I finally saw the cabin in the distance. I sighed, thankful that the cabin was finally here. I’d made it. I looked around for cameras like he said there would be, but saw none. The lights to the cabin were off, but that didn’t mean that he wasn’t there. The cabin looked completely normal and well taken care of. Part of me expected a dirty, rundown cabin, but I guess Dillon knows how to clean. It reminded me of the small cabin that he lived in back in Cadellan.

            I reached the front door and turned the knob. To my surprise, the door was unlocked. This was the place, right? It had to be, there wasn’t another cabin near this one. I walked inside and the smell of dust filled my nostrils. I turned on the nearest light and noticed that the place seemed untouched for awhile. It seemed normal, despite the dust covered furniture and floors. I walked and could see my own footprints in the dust, that’s how dirty the place was. I guess I shouldn’t have expected it to be as nice as the outside.

            It was a cozy cabin, extremely small, but comfortable. There was a small living room with a kitchen just across the room. There was a hallway where a bathroom was and a master bedroom. I walked into the bedroom, checking the last place for Dillon. There weren’t many places to be, so it took a minute to check the entire house. Inside the bedroom was a king sized bed which took up most of the tiny room. There was a closet to the left of the bed, with sliding, wooden doors. Besides the bed and a nightstand, the room was empty.

            What surprised me the most was that, unlike the rest of the house, the bedroom was spotless. There wasn’t a speck of dust anywhere. I could practically smell the freshly washed bed sheets. The wooden floors looked recently mopped and swept. Even the black walls looked newly painted.

            “Hello, beautiful.” A voice echoed behind me, causing me to scream.

            I grabbed my chest, trying to calm my racing heart down. I hadn’t even heard him come in. I whirled around to face him, my heart still pounding from his sudden appearance. My eyes filled with tears when I saw him because I’d forgotten the torture he had put me through almost a year ago. He had murdered my dad, forced me to marry him, bit me, and teamed up with Jason, who had killed Zack. Everything went back to Dillon.

            He grinned at my fear and the way I was staring at him like I was almost surprised to see him. I knew he’d come, just not this soon. He obviously was expecting me to come or he wouldn’t have cleaned the room or gotten here so quickly. Part of me was already regretting meeting him, because he was like a time bomb. I’m never sure when he’ll explode.

            “I’m glad to see you took my advice and came here yourself.” He said, smiling as he scanned my body, shamelessly. I involuntarily shivered at the way he was checking me out. It I knew that he wouldn’t hurt me; I’d shift and attack him.

             “Well you didn’t give me much of a choice, did you?” I asked, sarcastically.

            “I’m pretty sure I gave you two options, Isabella.” He spoke softly.

            “Yeah, and the options sucked. It was obvious I had to come, so you really didn’t give me a choice.” I said, stubbornly, crossing my arms over my chest.

            “Just remember that there are consequences for your actions. I suggest you think really hard about that before you do something stupid.” He said taking a step towards me.

            I held my ground, refusing to cower away from him. He approached me, clearly amused by me standing my ground. He grabbed my wrists and yanked them apart, no longer allowing me to cross my arms. Instead of letting go of my wrists, he grabbed my hands in his tightly so that I couldn’t escape his grasp. I stared at him, wondering what he was doing. He leaned over and kissed me on the cheek, causing me to flinch.

            “You look tired, get some sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a long day.” He spoke, smirking, probably because he knew what tomorrow would bring and I didn’t.

            Before I knew it, Dillon was gone, leaving me alone in the room. I noticed that the bedroom door was shut, but I wasn’t sure if it was locked. I didn’t really care at the moment. Dillon was right, I was exhausted. It was nearly two thirty in the morning. I crawled into bed, not thinking about Dillon, Jace, or anything other than sleeping. I instantly closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

            I opened my eyes up with the sun shining in them. I groaned, not sleeping as long as I wanted too. I looked over to see that it was nine o’clock in the morning. There was a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and spooning against my back. I turned around and almost screamed when I saw Dillon there. Part of me wished it was all a dream and that I hadn’t left. My heart started to race, because he was holding me and sleeping in the same bed as me.

            “Can you keep it down; your heart is beating really loud. I’m trying to sleep here.” Dillon spoke, his eyes still closed.

            My eyes widened, not realizing that he was awake. A grin appeared on his face as he opened his eyes, staring into mine. I quickly looked away, hoping he didn’t catch me staring at him. I jumped when I felt him caress my cheek. My eyes snapped to his and tried to pull away from him.

            “I’m pretty sure that’s not how a wife I supposed to act.” He said, stunning me.

           Using all my strength, I pushed him away from me, causing me to fall off the bed in the process. I quickly got to my feet. He was still lying on the bed, only wearing a pair of boxers, making me want to blush. He stared at me with amusement in his eyes as I stumbled to the far wall, putting as much distance between us as possible.

            “I’m not your wife, and I will never be. I’m married to Jace and love him. Not you.” I snapped, instantly regretting the words as I said them.

            A low growl escaped his throat, causing me to jump back in fear. I watched as his eyes changed from brown to red. Great, I pissed him off. My heart started to race, because I knew I screwed up. How could I say that to him? This is what I get for letting my emotions get the best of me.

            “You’re going to regret that.” He snarled, as he got up from the bed.

            I did the only thing I could do, run. I reached the door and flung it open, only to be stopped by Dillon. He was faster and stronger than me, so it was a long shot trying to run. He grabbed me by the wrist, yanking me down the hall into the living room. There was a wooden door which I assumed was a closet. Yet, assuming is always a bad idea.

             He flung open the door which revealed steps. Great it was a basement. I struggled against him, yelling at him to let me go, but he ignored me. One of my arms got loose from his grasp and I managed to punch him across the face, stunning him only for a second. Without any hesitation, he pushed me down the stairs, causing me to fall down a couple but regain my footing and stumbling down the rest, trying to get away from him.

            Dillon slowly walked down the stairs, the darkness of the basement, casting a silhouette look of him as he controlled his anger. I could tell by the calmness of his walk that he was holding in his anger. My body was trembling as he got closer and closer. I didn’t want to back away into the darkness of the basement, so I stayed at the bottom where the light from upstairs was shining down.  

            “I didn’t want to do this, but you’ve left me no choice. If I truly want you to myself, then I’m going to have to take out the problem.” He said, stopping half way down the stairs.

         “What?” I asked, confused on what he was talking about.

        “I’m going to have to kill Jace because you’re too hooked on him to be my wife. I let him take you away once, but I’m not making the same mistake again.” He snarled.

            “What! No, please, Dillon. Don’t do this. I promise to be good.” I begged, realizing that he was actually planning on killing Jace.

          “I’m sorry, but this isn’t about you behaving, it’s about you loving him. You’re my wife, not his anymore.” He replied, as he headed up the stairs towards the door.       

           “You said you’d leave Jace alone if I came to you!” I screamed, tears lingering in my eyes. He stopped at the top of the stairs as I raced after him; I was on the top step when he said three words that crushed my heart.

         “Well, I lied.” He replied.

           With that, he slammed the cellar door, locking it from the outside. I started to bang on the door, begging for him to leave Jace alone. My pleading turned into sobs because I knew Dillon was ignoring me. Jace was in pain since I disappeared so he wouldn’t be at his best. Dillon could kill Jace and then I would have nothing to live for. I continued to scream, until my throat became hoarse. I knew Dillon wasn’t changing his mind and that Jace could be dead within the hour.

Please Read!!

Hey everyone, i'm sorry for the wait. I started school and i'm exhausted from it. It hasnt even been a week back and im sick of it. Sadly, this means i won't update as quick, probably a few days to a week it just depends. I'm planning on updating on the weekends so check for my update then. Please don't just comment, "Update," because that drives me crazy!!! If you want to say that, then at least give me a little feedback about the chapter. I'll try and update as soon as possible, just bare with me please!!!

So what did you think of the chapter? I'm thinking of doing Jace's POV next, what do you guys think about that???

This chapter's dedication goes to @Warriors229. You're the only one who ever comments on this story, haha, so here's another dedication. Thanks for being an amazing fan, you're comments mean the world to me!!!!

Until next time, please comment and vote!!! THANKS FOR READING!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

554K 16.5K 55
*Warning - Contains 18+ Content* He holds my face firmly between two hands. "Sienna, I'm not going to have you for the first time one of Maren's gues...
69.4K 1.6K 26
After Layla is forced on a rip across the country to visit all of the packs in the U.S.A. a lot of unexpected things happens. She meets her mate for...
246K 8.9K 21
Typically the alpha is a male. Males of the werewolf population or any for the matter are more respected and treated right. But what if a female coul...
225K 3.1K 45
A sequel to A different side of Twilight Breaking dawn, after the entire vampire and werewolf feud with the Cullen family and the Volturi, Jacob, and...