Born To Kill - Book I {Rewrit...

By GrissyQuinn

"Lesson one. Never cross Alexander Valentino" I pressed on one of the knives in his hand. "Lesson two. Never... More

Important Authors Note
Rewritten***
*Prologue: Taken*
*Chapter 1: Recruited*
*Chapter 2: Omerta*
*Chapter 3: The Valentino Family*
*Chapter 4: Demons*
*Chapter 5: Back up*
*Chapter 6: First Job*
*Chapter 7: Thirst for blood*
*Chapter 8: Looking at the stars*
*Chapter 9: Spies & Revelations*
*Chapter 10: Girls of the Mafia Pt.1*
Chapter 11: Girls of the Mafia Pt 2
*Chapter 12: Shattered Walls*
*Chapter 13: Ruthless*
*Chapter 14: Killers*
*Chapter 15: Famiglia*
*Chapter 16: Una Serata Romantica*
*Chapter 17: Explosions*
*Chapter 18: Letting go & Moving on*
*Chapter 19: The Benefit*
*Chapter 20: Chaos*
*Chapter 21: Euphoria*
*Chapter 22: Justice*
*Chapter 23: The Calm*
*Chapter 24: The Storm*
*Chapter 25: X marks the spot*
*Chapter 26: Haunting Pasts*
*Chapter 28: Into Pieces*
*Chapter 29: Skylar*
*Chapter 30: Nothing else Matters*
*Chapter 31: Diamond*
*Chapter 32: Love Death & Blood*
*Chapter 33: A battle ends but a war begins...*
Authors note:

*Chapter 27: Broken*

8.3K 291 62
By GrissyQuinn

My hands trembled as I paced around in my room. Had I really done it? Had I really killed Nelson Valentino. Had I killed the father of the man that saved not only me but my soul?

So many questions rushed through my mind. That night was so blurry in my head, I had blocked it out to protect myself from so much suffering. I hazily remember pulling the trigger that night. I needed answers and as much as I loathed it, there was only one person who could give them to me.

Taking out my phone I dialed and waited for him to pick up.

"Skylar. I knew you were going to call me soon." His voice cut through the silence.

"Maxwell..."

"What can I do for you? Not that I should considering what you stole from me and my client."

"cut the crap, I know you're in New York and we need to talk"

"Of course, we do. Ill send the coordinates of a meeting place."

With that the call ended. Looking at the clock I saw it was nearing 2:00am. Everyone was asleep and if Alexander was awake, he was in his office to busy blaming me for everything to notice. Although if I did kill his father, he would be right.

Hoping I was wrong about everything, I placed my katana on my back and my glock on my thigh holster. If I was going to see my father, I wasn't going to be stupid enough to go unarmed.

Grabbing a set of keys from the garage, I walked over to Alexander amazing black motorcycle.

Not wanting to make any noise, I pushed the motorcycle all the way out the villa before putting on my helmet, turning it on and leaving.

The cold night air hit my whole body as I rushed down the streets of New York. I tried to empty my thoughts as I got closer to the coordinates my father sent me, but it was no use. I sped up as I screamed at the top of my lungs until my throat felt hoarse. I needed to let out the frustration before seeing him. He may not have any control over me anymore, but I wasn't about to show him any type of weakness.

A couple minutes later, I pulled over at Central Park. Although this was the city that never sleeps, the park was very empty. Only the occasional night owl here and there. I walked through the silent and dark park until I saw him.

He was sitting on a bench, his hands in the pockets of his coat and a blank stare in front of him. We didn't look at each other as I sat down right next to him. Staring at the park in front of me just as he was.

"Did you know?" I asked him, still not looking at him.

"Did I know what?"

"Cut the crap. Did you know when you sent me to the Valentino's?"

"That it was you who was sent to kill your little boy toys father?" he smiled "Of course I did."

"You didn't think it important to tell me that?" my fists clenched in anger.

"It wouldn't have made a difference. You were under orders to go."

"If I had known the truth, I wouldn't have..." I stopped myself mid-sentence.

"Gotten attached? Opened your slut legs to that man?" he answered, making get up, sword in hand pointed directly at his neck.

If looks could kill, he would have been dead a long time ago. At the same time, my heart was breaking. This man, this monster of a man was my father and he didn't care what happened to me as long as he got what he wanted.

"Did you ever care about me at all?" I asked holding back my tears. I was not about to cry in front of him. "Did you ever actually love me? Was I just another weapon for you from the moment I was born?" I demanded answers but as always, I got none. He just stared at me with the same emotionless face as always.

"You are and always will be my ultimate weapon, Skylar! The fact that you ever though you were anything more amuses me." He smirked. "We both know you're not going to kill me tonight. You know very well I didn't come alone, here. I just give the signal and you're dead."

Keeping my sword pointed at his neck, I spit out my words "I may not kill you tonight, but I will. After all..." I sheathe my katana. "I am the monster you made me to be."

***

It was around noon and I hadn't come out of my room. I didn't get any sleep. I was trying to wrap my head around the mess that was my life. I had killed Nelson Valentino and my life here with Alexander was about to end as I knew it. My heart was breaking at the thought of loosing him, but I knew I had to tell him the truth.

I got up and as I opened the door to find Alexander, there he was. Standing in front of my door, with his hand in the air like he was about to knock, was Alexander. He had bag under his eyes like he hadn't slept in days, part of his shirt was unbuttoned, and his hair was a little messy.

"Alexander... I was just about to..." I started before he just grabbed me and pulled me against him for a kiss. His lips met mine in a warm passionate embrace. My insides exploded in butterflies and my heart broke even more knowing I didn't deserve this feeling.

"Skylar, I am sorry for what I said. None of this has been your fault. I was just angry because I felt fucking helpless with everything going on. I shouldn't have blamed you like that." He took my hand in his, gently leaving kisses on them.

"Alexander there is nothing to forgive. Listen we need t- "I was cut off again as his lips softly touched mine once again. His hand went through my hair as he pulled me closer into him.

For a short moment I didn't feel guilty. For a short moment, I felt as happy as I had felt during the time I've been at this house, with this family. For a short moment I allowed myself to succumb and enjoy the feeling I had as Alexander kissed gently down my neck to the valley between my breast. I closed my eyes and let Alexander shower me with kisses. Because deep down I knew, that after I told him the truth, he would never look at me or touch me like that again. That in itself broke my heart more than anyone has ever broken it before.

In the morning, the truth would destroy my salvation.

***

Alexanders POV

Her hair was all over the pillow as she slept. She had no crease on her forehead, she wasn't tossing and turning with nightmare riddled thoughts. She looked at peace, she looked beautiful. It was just so unfair how I had treated her, but I was so caught up on my own failures, I was blinded.

I slowly got up from my bed careful not to wake her. Slowly I made my way to my office. I opened the drawer of my desk and took out a small velvet box. Inside it had a ring.

I was running errands the other day when I passed by the store and saw it by the window. I don't know what came over me but next thing I knew, I was inside the store paying the nice lady for the ring.

I was crazy, Skylar and I hadn't even been together for a year. There's just something about her that makes me not care about the time we have been together. I just care about her and how she makes me feel. Everything she has done for me and my family since she got here.

The holidays were just around the corner and I had plans to ask her at our annual Christmas party. Jeremy told me Christmas used to be her favorite holiday. Being at D.Impero for the past 7 years destroyed that for her. So, I'm going to bring the magic back to the holidays for her. Granted, thanksgiving wasn't for a few weeks, but I was going to wait until Christmas.

Just then my phone rings bringing me out of my thoughts. It was Armani. Feeling pissed off already, I answer the phone.

"This better be good, Armani."

"Oh, it is. You see, I couldn't help but notice your little attachment to that assassin of yours. Nyx is it. Such a sexy little specimen, isn't she? So full of secrets and mysteries."

"Get to the point!" I say through clenched teeth.

"My point is, there so much about her you yet don't know. You trust her, don't you? She has you gripped by the balls."

"I know all that I need to know. A king is only as strong as his queen. You wouldn't know that, considering you aren't even a king." I smirked a bit at that.

"Be careful, Valentino. The queen makes the king strong but she's also the very thing that can destroy him and everything around him."

"What do you mean by that?"

"She's hiding something from you."

"Why should I believe anything that's comes out of your goddamned mouth?

He laughed a bit "I sent you a file to your email. It contains documents from D. Impero. It has everything you need to know about Skylar Diamond. Yeah, I know that's her name. It has everything she did at D. Impero, every training session, every punishment, every kill."

"Whatever you are trying to do, its not going to work."

"Just take a look at the files, Valentino" with that he hung up the call.

I ended up staring the screen of my computer. Wondering if I should really look at Skylar's file or not.

Skylar's POV

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed. I guess Alexander got up early. My stomach was in knots knowing what I had to do next. I had to tell Alexander the truth. That meant he was going to hate me for the rest of his life and this happiness I was feeling was going to go away forever.

Taking a quick shower, I couldn't get rid of the knot in my stomach. I slowly walk over to his office and as I opened the door nothing could have prepared me for what I saw.

Alexander was sitting behind this desk, it looked like the room had been ransacked. The computer was on the floor along with every other thing that was on his desk. The mirror on the wall was shattered like he had punched it, which would explain the dried blood on his right hand. The bookshelf had been knocked on the floor, breaking the glass coffee table in front of it.

"When were you going to tell me?" he asked with a furious expression on his face.

"What are you talking about?" I stepped a bit closer.

"When were you going to tell me that you were the one who put a fucking bullet in my fathers head?"

My heart stopped and broke at the same time. "I- I was just coming in here to tell you..."

"How long were you planning to pretend that you didn't have anything to do it with it. You have been here for months, Skylar! I welcomed you here with fucking open arms and you stab me in the fucking back!"

"Alexander I- "I tried explaining how I didn't remember anything until just 2 days ago but he didn't let me.

"Get the hell out of my house, Skylar. Go live somewhere else, go back to D. Impero for all I care! Just be grateful I'm not killing you and making you suffer for this."

"Alexander..."

"GET OUT!" he screamed throwing a glass of whiskey over my head. "Take your damn friends with you!"

With that I ran back to the room with tears in my eyes. I packed my stuff, got Jeremy and Alexa and we left. In a couple of hours, we were back at D. Impero and as I watched my fathers' sinister smirk. I knew that everything that made me happy was gone forever.

Everything Alexander and I had Disappeared...

Time stopped...

My heart broke...

My whole soul broke... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

960K 3.8K 8
**** Mature content**** "You wanna know why I'm angry?" He said in between the kisses. "Because of you" He said as he continued and my body tensed a...
463K 10.5K 64
Hope. Such a trivial thing but if given, it could be the best or the worst thing that happened to you. Evianna Rose Romano. Daughter of the Italian...
3M 56.3K 35
"It really is a shame that such a pretty face is about to get so fucked up." I say as I run my finger down his jawline. "Even more so that it was was...
2.3M 68.3K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : โ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ขโ€ข she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...