My Step-Brothers

By gracegxlee

Evanna Halls, a 12 year old girl tries to overcome her mental illnesses while dealing with bullies in school... More

Welcome!
Chapter 1: Divorce Forms
Chapter 2: It's Going To Be Alright
Chapter 3: Jonathon
Chapter 4: Jonathon Part2
Chapter 5: Alone
Chapter 6: Memory
Chapter 7: Hospital
Chapter 8: Moving?
Chapter 9: Moving? AGAIN?
Chapter 10: Meet the New Family
READS UPDATE :)
Chapter 11: Snitches get Stitches
Chapter 12: Birthday
Chapter 13: Pain
Chapter 14: Small Fight
Chapter 15: Out To Eat
Chapter 16: Sick
Chapter 17: Swimming Accident
Chapter 18: A New Friend
Chapter 19: Into The Woods
Chapter 20: Coming Back Again
Chapter 21: Running Away
Chapter 22: School Starts Soon
Chapter 23: Back To School Shopping
Chapter 24: School
Chapter 25: After School
Chapter 25: Picture
Chapter 26: Ankle
Chapter 27: Different Sides
Chapter 28: Saved?
Chapter 29: Matthew
Chapter 30: Least Favorite
Chapter 31: Shopping Incident
Chapter 32: Stealing
Chapter 33: Don't Make Promises You Can't Keep
Chapter 34: Instagram Account
Chapter 35: Dad Finds Out
Chapter 36: Dad finds out PT. 2
Chapter 37: Alex & Andrew PT1
Chapter 38: Alex & Andrew PT2
Chapter 39: Split Family & News
Chapter 40: Claire and Her Brother
Chapter 41: Waking Up
Chapter 42: Wedding Day
Chapter 43: Wedding day Pt. 2
Chapter 44: Stuck in The Rain
Chapter 45: Re-introductions
Chapter 46: I like you.
Chapter 48: Where Everything Started Turning Around
Chapter 49: First Detention Ever
Chapter 50: Studying Hard
Chapter 51: Test & Christmas Special
Chapter 52: Christmas Special Part 2
Chapter 53: Invisible
Chapter 54: Trust & Betrayal
Chapter 55: Goodbye, friends
Chapter 56: Falling Apart
Chapter 57: I'm In Pain Too
Chapter 58: My Brothers' Gift
Chapter 59: Happier
Chapter 60: Visit To The Hospital
Chapter 61: Matthew's Back & Accidents
Chapter 62: Blaming and Trust
Chapter 63: I Hate My Life
Chapter 64: Suicide
Chapter 65: The Notes
Chapter 66: The Accident
Chapter 67: Staying In The Hospital
Chapter 68: Flashbacks
Ending
Note
Sequel!

Chapter 47: Unexpected Turn Arounds

58.8K 1.7K 2.7K
By gracegxlee

E V A N N A

"Hey, Evanna? I'm sorry, but an emergency came up. You and Jayden can walk together, right? I'm really sorry," my dad said through the phone. "Will you be okay?"

"Yes dad," I replied.

"Okay, make sure to stick together, all right? Walk home safe," Dad said.

"Okay."

"Bye, Evanna."

Maybe I should have called for help before my dad hung up. I should have told my dad what was happening. But I couldn't.

"You have great acting skills," Jayden commented, throwing my phone on the dirty bathroom ground. "Get her up."

Blake and Dylan grabbed each of my arm and hauled me up, slamming me into the wall next to me.

"So you're telling me that she actually tried standing up to you?" Owen asked in disbelief, laughing.

Yes, Owen. Yes I did, and now I regret it so freaking much. I'm actually screwed.

Jayden nodded, sending Owen into another fit of laughter. Owen wiped a tear from his eye. "You're so funny, Evanna."

I was dragged into the bathroom, surrounded by 6 guys. Jayden, Owen, Blake, Dylan, Ryan, and Hunter.

"What was it you said to me again?" Jayden asked, taking an intimidating step closer.

I stared at the ground, not replying.

Jayden grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him. "Don't ignore me, pathetic bitch."

"Sorry," I whimpered, wanting to leave.I felt a hard kick to my stomach, making me drop in pain.

"Do you ever think about killing yourself? Because honestly, if you did, there would be so many people happy about that. Don't you think so?" Jayden asked. "Look at your mother. She was probably happy to get away from the pathetic excuse of a daughter you are."

Tears welled in my eyes.

"And your father now. Do you think you're still his favorite? That's hilarious. Why would anyone love you? You're just a stupid, annoying bitch that should end her life so everyone would be happy." Jayden added.

Jayden grabbed me by my hair and threw me in front of the boys. And then everything started again. Punches and kicks. Blood, bruises, cuts. I was leaning against the wall, half dead.

"Come on," Jayden said to his friends. "Let's go."

They walked out, leaving me by myself. All I could think was how they could do that to someone. I got up, using the wall as support. It took a lot of effort. My body ached, my arms and leg felt like they were on fire, and the world was spinning. I didn't want to, but I looked in the mirror. Great. Messed up hair, bruises on my face, blood everywhere. I cleaned all the blood off, wincing as I accidentally touched a bruise that was forming.

I limped out of the bathroom, feeling blood rush towards my head. I winced at the sudden pain, my vision going black for a second. My legs felt like jelly and I collapsed, but someone caught me.

"Woah, are you okay?" A voice asked.

I looked up and saw a cute boy with dark brown hair and gold chocolate eyes. He was tall and had a fit figure. He looked young though, maybe my age? His face was full of concern and worry as he helped me up. He reminded me of Matthew, except Matthew had blond hair and blue eyes.

"Y-yes, thank you," I stammered.

"You don't look fine," he said, frowning. "Do you need to go to the hospital?"

"No, I'll be fine," I reassured him.

He gave me a small smile. "Let me guess. You're the type who's broken and is hurt but puts on a fake smile and say that they're fine?"

When he smiled, you could see a dimple on his right cheek. His eyes were warm and looked genuine.

I managed a weak laugh. "Correct, beginning to end."

"Are you sure you'll be fine?" He asked. "I think you might need some medical attention."

I shook my head. "Really, I'm okay."

He scratched the back of his head. "Um... I'm curious, but what were you doing in the boys bathroom?"

I blushed in embarrassment. "Uh... w-well..."

"Did those boys hurt you?" He asked. "There were 6 of them. Were they hurting you?"

Don't tell him.

He doesn't actually care.

No one cares.

He'll betray you. Just like everyone else.

"I'm okay," I replied, looking away.

"That wasn't my question. Was it them?" He asked.

I gave him a reassuring smile. "Okay, maybe. But I'm fine."

He frowned. "Really? Shouldn't you tell someone or call the cops—"

"No!" I blurted. "It'll be fine."

"A-anyway," I stuttered, "What's your name?"

"Sammy. Well, some people call me Sam, but my full name is Samuel, but most people call me Sammy because I don't like Sam but I'm okay with Sammy or Sam or Samuel..." he trailed off, adverting his gaze. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to blurt our everything. It's just a habit."

I laughed. "It's okay."

"So yeah. Sammy. I just moved here."

"That's Cool. Do you live in this neighbor—" All of a sudden, my knees went weak again and I collapsed into Sammy's arms again.

"I think you should head home and rest. Do you want me to walk with you?" He asked.

"N-no," I replied. "I'll be fine. Um, I'll see you around."

With that, I started walking back home.

Home.

A place with your family. Where you feel safe.

It didn't feel like home to me anymore.

Family? I don't even know what that means anymore.

It was turning dark. The sun was setting and I had to hurry home. I was walking past an alley when I felt a hand cover my mouth, preventing me from screaming, and I was dragged into an alley.

Oh no.

Not this again.

Why me? Why does this happen to me?

Oh shit.

Did you just curse?

Maybe. But it's appropriate in this situation.

But you tell people not to curse.

Yeah but when you're about to get kidnapped, then I think it might be appropriate—

I was slammed into the wall.

Oh my gosh, how many times am I going to be slammed into the wall? The wall loves me.

In front of me were two men, probably mid thirty's or so. That's great. They were both huge, strong, tall, and scary looking. And once I realized what situation I was in, I got scared.

I screamed. As loud as I can. Before any sound came out, they clamped their dirty hands over my mouth again.

"Shut up! Bitch!" One of the guy growled.

"Please," I whimpered.

"No," he hissed. "Someone wanted to see you."

Screw my life. Why. WHY?

Jonathon walked out behind them and I felt like crying. My heart stopped and I couldn't breathe. Flashbacks to that date came into my mind and fear rose in me.

"Long time no see," Jonathon growled.

One of the guy pushed me towards him, but I forced myself to stay back, and it worked. But, a little too much. My back hit the wall, and the three men surrounded me, leaving no escape.

"Because of you, I had to go to jail. But they let me out early, which is great. And now I'm here to get revenge," Jonathan spat.

"What happened to your face?" He asked, a cruel smile on his face. "I guess I'm not the only one who hates you."

I couldn't speak. My voice didn't work. Someone, help me. Please. Someone.

"I promised I'd kill you, bitch!" He yelled and pulled something out of his pocket.

A knife.

As the knife almost hit my skin, I threw myself to the side, avoiding the knife.

"Bitch!" He yelled, again. He walked towards me, knife in his hands.

I backed up, regretting that I didn't throw myself to the other side, where it wasn't a dead end. Jonathon lunged towards me again, but I dodged it, scrambling away.

He chuckled. "You're a lot faster."

Before I could react, instead of using a knife, he punched me in the face, making me cry out in pain. The strike hurt way more, considering the fact that Jayden and his friends already did a lot of damage.

"How's your mother?" He asked with an evil smirk. "Why'd you move here? Where is she?"

He didn't know about my mother's death. That was good. Tears streamed down my face. "I'm sorry. Please, let me go."

"It was all your fault! If you hadn't snitched, I wouldn't have gone to jail!" He shouted, cutting the skin on my cheek with his knife.

My cheek burned in pain as I felt blood rushing down my face. I winced as I clenched my teeth to not scream. He yanked me by my hair and slammed me into the wall.

His hand was wrapped around my throat, cutting off the oxygen. He waved the knife in front of my face, mockingly. I was coughing in between small gasps of breath. I just wanted to get out of here. I wanted to leave.

Someone, please save me. Anyone. Just someone, please.

Jonathon released his grip on my throat and shoved me to the two guys. They grabbed my arm and pushed me to the side, my back against the wall.

"I missed your face. All I could ever think about was getting out of jail and getting my revenge."

Jonathon stroked my hair, grinning. "Now I'm free. At last."

"If I were you," a voice said from behind us. "I would let go of her right now."

It was an awfully familiar voice.

Jonathon turned around to face Brandon. "Or what?"

Brandon was leaning casually against the wall, his arms crossed. "You don't want to know."

"Oh, but I do," Jonathon replied, smiling.

Brandon pushed off the wall, standing straight. "Hand her over, or you'll regret it."

Jonathon laughed. "Who do you think you are? Who even are you?"

"Her brother," Brandon said.

Did... did I hear that correctly? He just said that he was my brother...

Jonathon smiled, looking at me. "Brother, Huh? Your mom finally got a new man? Even your family is shitty."

Jonathon turned back to Brandon. "Your want her? Come and get her. But you don't stand a chance against all three of us."

"But we do," another voice said.

Mark and Vincent stood on either side of Brandon, crossing their arms. Jonathon glared at all three of them. "What're you waiting for? Come on."

Brandon smirked. He took of his jacket, cracking his neck. "You're going to regret it."

Jonathon nodded, and the two guys walked up to Brandon.

As fast as lightning, Brandon punched one guy in the face and then twisted his body, slamming his elbow into the other guy's face. They both staggered backwards and Brandon walked past them, walking up to Jonathon.

Jonathon threw a punch but Brandon caught it with his hand and Brandon kicked Jonathon in the stomach. Brandon grabbed my arm and pulled me towards Mark.

Mark pulled me out of the alley and into Brandon's car. I couldn't stop crying. I was shaking and traumatized. Mark gently wiped the blood away with a cloth, taking out the first aid kit.

How did they find me? Why are they being nice all of a sudden? What's going on?

***
Hi! It's me. So I promised to upload a chapter early, and I did. So yeah, here's the chapter haha.

I hope you guys enjoyed it! Your comments are literally so sweet and hilarious. We hit 33k and I'm jungshook.

Thank you all!

Vote
Comment
Share
:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 518 25
(For some problems I couldn't put the whole description here so please kindly check the first chapter as I am gonna upload the description as a chapt...
72.3K 2.4K 29
Sixteen year old Nova is ready to see what life has to offer. Her family isn't ready to let her go yet. Secrets beyond what Nova could imagine will b...
1.3M 35.8K 68
~ongoing~ ~unedited~ After eleven year old Parker is faced with her stepfather's death, she has to move in with her five older brothers. Her newly...
244K 13.9K 62
Two years after the traumatic events of the past, Jason and his siblings, Riley and Noah are finally getting their lives back in order. With Jason me...