Hello Logan

callheryellow által

Logan Andrews has had her share of heart breaks and bad mistakes, but does she have what it takes to accept t... Több

Hello Logan
• Prologue •
• 1 •
• 3 •
• 4 •
• 5 •
• 6 •
• 7 •

• 2 •

44 1 0
callheryellow által

I walked into the restaurant behind Cynthia and followed her to a table by the window. Patrick, Olivia, Casey, and Andy were already there when we reached the table. Cynthia and I sat down in the two empty chairs between Patrick and Andy.

Cynthia kissed Patrick's cheek. "Sorry for being late babe. Logan changed her outfit like four times."

I rolled my eyes. "Liar, it was twice."

Olivia laughed. "That's our Logan, always the perfectionist."

Casey snorted. "Perfectionist? Okay Olivia, and what am I? Einstein?"

Andy shot Casey a look. "Just shut up."

I smiled at her. "Well, hello to you too Casey."

Casey hated my guts. We've never seen eye to eye. It was always something that she didn't like about me or anything that I did. I'm not friends with her, never have been. I guess I could say we're only cordial, because of our mutual friendships with Patrick and his sister Olivia.

Patrick cleared his throat. "I know that this is last minute, but I really need some help planning my birthday party. That's why all of you are here."

Cynthia sighed. "Baby, you had me worried I thought you were dying."

I shot Cynthia a look. "Really?"

Andy laughed. "It takes her to guess the worst of something."

Olivia giggled. "Right babe, she's always been the Debby Downer."

Cynthia shot her a glare. "What the fuck? That's a poor choice of fucking words Olivia."

Olivia's eyes widened. "Gosh Cyn, I was only joking."

Patrick rubbed her back. "Baby it's okay. Don't freak out."

Casey rolled her eyes and sipped on her martini. "I'm so glad I have this drink."

"Hey guys. I hope I'm not too late?"

I looked towards the voice and my breath hitched. The guy had to be about 6'4. He had short dark brown hair, blinding white teeth, and the most beautiful honey brown eyes I'd ever seen. He was magnificent in a sense. He looked vaguely familiar.

I let out a breath. "Your eyes..."

The table suddenly got quiet and everyone looked at me. I could feel the awkwardness surrounding me. I cringed. "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry. That was super weird of me."

The guy looked at me for a second and smiled politely. I almost melted. "Don't worry about it. Thank you for the unfinished compliment, but compliment nonetheless."

I smiled awkwardly and nodded. I looked at Cynthia and she wiggled her eyebrows at me. I rolled my eyes.

Patrick cleared his throat and stood up to hug the guy. "What's up man. You're right on time, we were just talking about my birthday." He sat back down.

The guy nodded and sat beside Casey. "Hey."

She smiled and wrapped her arm in his. "Hey."  She cut her eyes at me then looked back to him.

I looked at Cynthia to find her still looking at me. I shrugged and she rolled her eyes.

Andy looked at Casey. "Wow, I can't believe this shit.."

Olivia raised an eyebrow at Andy. "Baby, what's wrong?"

Andy gave her a look. "You're serious?"

Olivia ignored him and looked at the rest of us. "Party ideas anyone?"

Cynthia looked at Casey. "No Olivia, we don't have any party ideas. I'm more interested in Casey and this new guy. He's really attractive."

Casey laughed awkwardly. "Um.." She glanced at me then back to Cynthia. "Thank you."

I looked at the guy, now known as Casey's boyfriend. "Excuse me?"

Everyone looked at me and I shook my head and pointed to Casey's boyfriend.

He pointed to himself. "Me?"

I nodded. "Yes, sorry.. Have we met some where before? You look so familiar."

He raised an eyebrow and leaned forward. "You know, I was thinking the same thing. What's your.."

Andy started violently coughing, cutting off Casey's boyfriend. I looked over at him in alarm and started patting his back. "Are you okay?"

He let out a breath and cleared his throat. "Yeah. I just need some water."

I nodded and looked around for a waiter. I felt him squeeze my shoulder lightly. "Come to the bar with me?" He stood up, pulling me up with him.

I nodded. "Sure, are you okay?"

He looked at me and cleared his throat. "I'm fine. Come on light bulb." He looked at everyone. "We'll be back in a minute."

I felt everyone's eyes on me, especially Casey's boyfriend. It was strange how familiar he looked. I continued to follow Andy to the bar outside. He sat down on a stool and I sat down next to him. The cool breeze felt amazing on my skin. I sighed in content.

Andy tried to get a bartender's attention and sighed when he didn't. He looked at me and smiled. "Hey."

I smiled. "Hey. Are you sure you're okay? I know I keep asking but..."

He laughed. "Logan, I wasn't really coughing. I just wanted to get you away from them."

My eyes widened and I punched him in the arm. He cringed. "You suck, I thought you were choking."

He smiled. "I love you too."

I let out a breath. "Whatever. Oh, question. Who's the new guy?"

He raised an eyebrow. "New guy?"

"You know, the guy that's with Casey. I feel like I've seen him before. Do we know him?"

"Uh, give me a second." Andy managed to get a bartenders attention. "What's up man, can I have a cranberry and vodka for the lady and I'll take a Heineken."

The bartender nodded. "You got it."

"Thanks man."

I poked his arm. "You're hiding something from me. I can feel it."

He snorted. "I'm not hiding anything from you."

"Yes you are. Tell me or I'll have a nice conversation with Olivia, you know your girlfriend, about our trip to Spain last year. Didn't we run into Sam.."

He looked at me and groaned. "Okay! Okay.. Logan, please don't make me do this. I'm trying to protect you."

I hummed. "Protect me? What do you mean by that? Now you really have to tell me."

"Vodka and cranberry. Heineken." The bartender placed our drinks in front of us. "Anything else I can get you?"

"No, that's all. Thanks." Andy grabbed his beer.

I grabbed my glass. "Thank you."

The bartender nodded and walked away.

I took a sip and scrunched up my face. "Wow, it's been so long since I've had one of these."

"It's your favorite."

"Are you trying to distract me from questioning you Andy? That's low." I smirked.

He smiled. "Is it working?"

I laughed. "Spit it out now."

He sighed. "Okay fine, just promise me you won't run back to the table."

"I won't."

He raised an eyebrow. "Swear on it?"

I sipped my drink. "Yeah."

"Logan."

"Yes. Yes, I swear on it."

He sipped his water and cleared his throat. "His name is Mike."

I sat my glass down. "Oh?"

He hummed. "Liv and Pat set them up at a party they had three weeks ago at Liv's house. She told me about it last night."

"I'm sorry, but I'm confused. Who's Mike?"

Andy looked at me, sadly. "Logan, you.."

"Mike?"

"Michael."

"Michael?"

"Anderson."

"Michael... Anderson?"

Andy looked at the ground. "Yeah."

I paused. It felt like my heart stopped beating for a second. I pushed my drink away from me and closed my eyes.

"Logan, say something? Please."

I opened my eyes and saw Andy's worried face. I let out a breath and stood up. "Michael? That was fucking Michael? I was talking to Michael?"

Andy grabbed my hand and gently pulled me back down. "You swore you weren't going to freak out."

"I didn't think it was going to be something like this!" I took my hand back and ran my fingers through my hair. "This is bullshit Andy! I'm going to kill them!"

"Think about this situation rationally.."

My eyes widened. "Rationally?" I cried out. "You're kidding right?"

He groaned. "Logan, please.."

"I knew it, I felt it. That's why the energy shifted when he came over? Did they think that I would've recognized him? That doesn't even..."

He nodded. "I know and trust me I would have told you sooner if I'd known. You're like my sister and I love you. I just.."

"No, stop it. It's not your fault. Thank you for telling me." I sighed. "I'm not going to say anything about it to them."

"What?"

"I don't know anything okay? You didn't tell me anything. We're going to let this one play out on it's own." I waved my hand. "Bartender! Another one of these please! Less cranberry!"

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

33.1K 2.7K 23
• In Which He Tries To Move On • 20 Days 20 Feelings 20 Unexplained reasons And a broken hearted boy Will he be able to move on? Or thi...
38.1K 2.1K 55
Meeting someone at your lowest point who understands the struggle you're facing can be everything, until your struggles become the reasons you're hur...
90.7K 7.4K 79
[Featured by wattpad romance, teen fiction, young adult and psychologicalnovel] Joy Jones was a seventeen-year-old kind and optimistic girl working...
7K 158 17
Victoria Rose Jones is a determined and opinioned woman who worked as a defense lawyer. Blake Alexander Williams is a man who has everything, money...