unwanted

Oleh ShawMcKnight

the uninvited series book II He didn't come for her. Can not be read as a stand-alone. Should read uninvited... Lebih Banyak

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twentyone
chapter twentytwo
chapter twentythree
chapter twentyfour
chapter twentyfive
chapter twentysix
chapter twentyseven
chapter twentyeight
chapter twentynine
chapter thirty
chapter thirtyone
chapter thirtytwo
chapter thirtythree
chapter thirtyfour
chapter thirtyfive
chapter thirtysix
chapter thirtyseven
chapter thirtyeight
chapter thirtynine
chapter forty
chapter fortyone
chapter fortytwo
Unfinished

chapter eight

842 67 2
Oleh ShawMcKnight

uncertain

The kids ate quickly and with a lot of whining and complaining, then they ran off to play again.

Come to find out that the oldest one who was always getting into trouble the most, was a girl. When Grammy made her take off her cap, she'd had the most beautiful curly blond hair.

Jess's mouth dropped open. Don't know why. She hadn't been any different at that age. Guess because Fritz was so breathtaking, she wondered how she could have ever thought she was a boy.

Julian smiled and gave her a nudge with his shoulder. His second since sitting down next to her. The first nudge had been at the speed she'd use to make sure she got the seat next to Adrian.

Guess she'd been too obvious about it. Now everyone at the table probably thought she liked him, and the truth was that she like being around him.

She didn't understand it, but he had a calming effect on her. It was almost like he had Savion's gift, except for stronger. He didn't just calm her nerves he calmed her pain as well.

For the first time in months, she could breathe without it hurting and she knew it was because of him.

From the time she'd woke up, the effect had been there but now, with him this close, it was stronger.

She should be demanding answers from him, but she was just hard press to stay out of his arms, as it was, she touched him every chance she got.

By the end of dinner, it was clear that he knew the effect he was having on her. Smiling softly at her, he took her hand in one of his. "You've had a hard time of it, haven't you sweetheart?"

Nodding, she moved closer to him until he tucked her close.

"You're an alien?" Julian asked, his face hardening.

"Of course, he's not. You don't really believe there's aliens, do you?" Sean answered then asked.

Jessica reached for another piece of cornbread. "He just has a calming effect on people. It's sweet, not something to be afraid of."

"Aliens are real, believe me. I've met them, I've seen their giant spaceship. Some of them even have gifts like your friend here, so I'll ask again. Are you one of them?"

"Julian, he doesn't look like them." His dark brown hair and golden-brown eyes were proof of that.

"I was born and raised right here. My dad farmed this land and my mom passed away when I was thirteen. After high school I wanted to see some of the world, but I wasn't army material like my dad was, so I joined the peace core. Afterwards I always knew I would end up back here doing what my family has always done. Farm the land. I was barely back states side when people started getting sick. By the time I got home my dad was already gone. I'm as down to earth and as human as they come. Jessica is right. Ever since I was a small child, I've noticed that I have a calming effect on people."

He looked down at Jess, who was still tucked into his arms. "I will admit something seems different with her. Like I know her. Like I recognize her. It's like I'm not just calming her, I'm trying to heal her.

Jess nodded against his chest. "It's true." She looked backed to Julian. "If I'm touching him the pain is bearable. Just being around him makes it almost bearable."

"I'm glad for it, baby, but it makes no sense." He looked back at Adrian. "You don't happen to have a tattoo or birthmark somewhere, do you?"

"On the back of his neck." Jessica blushed and went back to picking at her cornbread. "I mean, I've noticed it before."

"None on your chest? No new ones?"

"Only the one. It's a birthmark not a tattoo."

Julian got up to have a look, so Jess did the same. His hair covered most of it, but you could make out a circle and a line through it.

Julian looked at her.

"It's less elaborate and looks more like a birthmark than a tattoo, but yeah, it's kind of close to the kind Kell has."

"You were born with yours too so that's not too impossible to believe, but what about the gift?"

"That's not so impossible to believe either, is it?"

Nothing was impossible to believe anymore. They've seen it all.

"So, you've actually seen a spaceship?" Sean asked.

Sighing, Julian sat back down and took Jess's hand. "We have."

"So that's what all this is actually about? We're being invaded?"

"Not exactly. They had the cure, so they came to help us. In return, they're looking for mates. Instead of picking the ones they want they have some kind of hocus pocus that chooses for them. Tattoos or birthmarks. Once you get one, you're connected to them. They say it's permanent, but I'm going to find a way to break it."

"It's not as bad as Julian is making it sound. I mean that part is, but they aren't evil or anything like that. They're not here to hurt us. If not for them, Julian wouldn't be here right now."

The news had different effects on all of them. Grammy didn't look like she believed them. Sean was curious. Jessica worried, and Adrian still seemed to be absorbing all the information.

Jess took his hand again.

"Are you saying Adrian's been chosen?" Sean asked.

"I haven't even seen any of them." Adrian replied.

"You don't have to. Jess was born with hers too. She was still miles away when it burned."

"Does yours burn?" She asked as she gave his hand a squeeze.

"No."

"Be glad. Once it does and you're ever apart from her then it never stops burning. Even with you trying to help me it still does." She took his hand and placed it over her mark. Even through the shirt, he'd be able to feel it.

His eyes widen.

It was a lot to take in, but he adjusted better than the others did. Sean now looked super worried and a little dumb struck, and Jessica looked like she was going to cry.

Grammy shrugged. "Let's don't worry the kids with any of this. Until there's aliens standing in front of me then they're no concern of ours anyway. Twins you're on dish duties. New kids you get every third day starting tomorrow, for as long as you're here. I'm about to catch those animals we've got and give them a bath. If you hear anyone screaming, it's Fritz. Child does not like to bathe."

The twins got up to clear the table but stopped as soon as the older lady disappeared into the woods around the house.

"What do they look like?" Sean asked first.

"Are you sure they aren't here to harm us?" Jessica asked next.

Jess just realized she was still holding Adrian's hand to her chest, so she let it drop. He was watching her.

"You said it burns because you're not with him? Is that also why you've been unwell?"

"Yes."

"And it never stops?"

She shook her head and damn if tears didn't flood her eyes.

He took her hand again.

"Like us, only paler, blond, and blue eyes. All of them. They don't exactly want to hurt us, but they are here to help their own kind first."

Sean frowned. "What should we do?"

"Stay away from them if you can. Hopefully, they'll be leaving soon."

"Unless one of you get sick. If you must go then go. They can save you." Jess added.

"Are you saying that when they go, they will be taking some of us with them?"

"That's the plan as far as I can see." Julian grumbled.

"It's bad enough that nothing is the way it used to be but now we have to worry about this too. It's unfair."

Sean put his arm around his sister. "They could have done this to us just so that we would need them."

"They're assholes but they aren't mass murderers." Jess reassured them.

"Grammy is right. Let's don't borrow trouble before we have to. Our main concerns right now are food on the table and keeping everyone safe. Everyone do your chores before Grammy is after all of us."

Adrian waited for the twins to be out of ear shot before he looked back at her and Julian. "You're welcome to stay as long as you like, we just ask that everyone helps out. There's always a ton to do."

"We'll stay a few days and let her rest. I'm not afraid to work so just point me in the right direction."

"We always need more firewood. I also have a personal favor to ask of you. If you get a chance, talk to Marty before you leave. She comes and goes. I think she's had some trouble and you might be able to help her. If nothing else she might want to travel with you when you leave."

"We can do that. Babe, why don't you rest why I go gather wood? I don't want you doing too much."

Adrian looked to her hand still grasping his. "I still have work in the garden, she's welcomed to tag along if she likes."

"She's been going through a lot. Too much. You can help her but don't get any ideas."

Before she'd even realized it, she punched him in the shoulder. "I can speak for myself."

"Ouch babe, that hurt."

"Not as much as I'm going to hurt you."

He grinned. "You almost sound like my old Jess. Fine, some lite making out can be accepted. Especially if he's making you feel this much better. No clothes coming off though."

Jess rolled her eyes for the new guy's benefit. "He's joking. And he probably wishes I'd make out with you."

His eyes widen slightly. "She's just a kid_____."

"Fixing to be eighteen." Julian stated.

"How old are you?" Jess asked.

He looked back and forth between her and Julian. "Twenty-two. Aren't you two dating? You don't seem like brother and sister."

Jess sighed and fell back onto her same old comment. "It's complicated. Either way, you're safe from me."

Jess tried not to be offended when he took a deep breath of relief.

"We're dating. Getting married soon." Julian stood up. "I'll get to work. You staying, babe?"

"I'll help you." After his getting married comment, she kind of wanted to go hide in her room but they haven't been apart since all this started and she didn't want to be now.  

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

432K 23.8K 28
My father left me and my mother when I was nine. When I was twelve, he came back for me, and caused destruction in his wake. Little did I know what w...
1M 35.9K 42
#1 in Teen Fiction - 26.03.2020 #10 in Romance - 04.10.2020 #1 in Unrequited - 21.02.2020 #1 in LoveTriangle - 01.01.2020 # 14 in Angst - 20.20.2020 ...
173K 7.3K 23
Irrepressible. Extraordinary. Indestructible. Her name is Nova, like the muscle car, or a supernova, and she is a cosmic hurricane in Puck's wo...
125K 2.9K 24
Aliens are real. They infested Earth in hope to find their "mate". They call themself the Matters. **************************************************...