Her Mentor [BeyxMani]

By jblingy

Normani dreams of making it in the entertainment industry and gets the opportunity of a lifetime when her bos... More

Author's Note
Her Mentor [Prologue]
Her Mentor Part 1
Her Mentor Part 2
Her Mentor Part 3
Her Mentor Part 4
Her Mentor Part 5
Her Mentor Part 6
Her Mentor Part 7
Her Mentor Part 8
Her Mentor Part 9
Her Mentor Part 10
Her Mentor Part 11
Her Mentor Part 12
Her Mentor Part 13
Her Mentor Part 14
Her Mentor Part 15
Her Mentor Part 16
Her Mentor Part 16
Her Mentor Part 17
Her Mentor Part 18
Her Mentor Part 19
Her Mentor Part 20
Her Mentor Part 21
Her Mentor Part 23
Her Mentor Part 24
Her Mentor Part 25
Her Mentor Part 26
Her Mentor Part 27
Her Mentor Part 28
Her Mentor Part 29
Her Mentor Part 30
Her Mentor Part 31 (A)
Her Mentor Part 31 (B)

Her Mentor Part 22

2.9K 139 36
By jblingy

Beyoncé walked inside her condo, which contained a décor of white and beige, save for the art room that was colored teal like her Parkwood office.

Calling her lover's name, she was directed to come into the art room. She smiled at the sight of Normani painting a canvas. It had become a shared hobby between the two.

Brush in hand, seated on the oak stool, Normani turned her head to see Beyoncé watching her deeply with a hint of a smile. Normally, the younger of the two would crack a "you're being creepy" joke. But Normani wasn't feeling very playful. "Hey you," she said.

Beyoncé, still in her four inch heels, walked over to Normani and took in her artwork. It was a beach of some sort. "This will be our next getaway," the former Destiny's Child member decided.

Normani looked from the lighter skinned woman to her own illustration and smiled some. "To an island?"

"Yup. Which island is this supposed to be?"

"I actually have no clue...I just went with it," Normani said, a small laugh in her voice. "It can be the Bahamas?"

Beyoncé's smile grew. "Okay, we can do that."

Normani smiled, for real this time. Then she wrapped her arms around Beyoncé's waist, resting her head on her ample bosom. The scent of Beyoncé was serene. It reminded Normani of the spring. She held her lover tight.

"Did you miss me, baby?" Beyoncé asked, pleased with the affection and smoothly gliding her fingers through Normani's jet black tresses. She then kissed the soft skin of Normani's cheek and jaw a couple of times.

Normani's pretty eyes closed as she basked in the sweet kisses that rained on her skin. "I've missed you period...you should sit."

Beyoncé let out this soft chuckle. "Are you sleepy?" She then took Normani's hand and led her to the couch that was positioned on the far right of the room. She stretched her frame along the length of the furniture and had Normani cuddle against her. "I missed you so much...I know things have been busy, but at least we get to come home to each other every night."

"That's true," the protégé agreed.

"By the way, I've been thinking...do you want to move in with me?"

Normani lifted her head and locked eyes with Beyoncé's direct yet patient gaze.

"Is that a good idea?" the former intern responded. "Does Shawn live here?"

"Normani," the CEO sighed, "I told you this is my property and mine only. I wish you would stop worrying about him all the time."

"Well, I'm sorry, I don't mean to annoy you..." said Normani, a bit taken aback by the sudden change in attitude she was receiving. "It's a logical question. He is your husband."

"What part of separation don't you understand?"

Normani felt her body heat up and it wasn't due to lust. She sat up completely. "It's a separation not a divorce," she reasoned. "I don't understand why you're getting mad."

"I'm not mad. I'm just tired of going through this again."

Silence fell between them. Then, Normani got up off Beyoncé.

"Normani," Beyoncé called.

Without another word, the girl went into the bathroom, shutting the door behind her.

Beyoncé's jaw flexed. She swung her legs over the couch so they touched the floor, a frown on her face as she took in what just happened. She didn't mean for the conversation to get intense. That was the last thing she wanted. But Normani seemed to bring up Shawn every chance she got. Sometimes Beyoncé wasn't sure if he was brought up as an opportunity to deflect.

Her thoughts were interrupted when Normani's phone started to ring on the table. Beyonce looked at it and picked it up, going to find Normani.

"Normani, phone," she announced, walking out of the room. She saw it was Justine Skye calling. The phone stopped ringing and then a text surfaced on the lock screen. Beyoncé didn't mean to be nosey, but who were we kidding here? And the text was right there, why wouldn't she read it?

Justine:

i know you probably still need time and space but i really am sorry. i picked the wrong time to act on my feelings. its bad enough you're taken and then i got jealous when i saw how you reacted to teyana. i just feel like i'm not good enough and i know its no one's fault but my own. i've just wished for you to notice me. i'm rambling and shit lol. i'm sorry. bye.

Normani opened the bathroom door and went to collect her phone, feeling nervous. She found Beyoncé in the hall, frozen in place as something on Normani's phone had her undivided attention. Normani inwardly panicked. This couldn't be good.

"Who was it?" Normani asked, getting Beyoncé's attention.

Beyoncé slowly looked up with furrowed brows. Then she looked at Normani's phone again. The 23-year-old reached for her iPhone but Beyoncé continued to hold it, resting her own arm at her side. "Justine called. She texted you too."

"Shit," Normani whispered and groaned.

"Do you have something to tell me, Normani?"

The younger woman looked scared. "This just isn't my day," she then complained.

Beyoncé waited for her to explain.

"Can I have my phone?" Normani said.

Beyoncé paused but then returned it. "I'm waiting."

Normani read the text message from Justine. "Fuck," she muttered, causing Beyoncé to raise her eyebrows. She then forced herself to look at Beyoncé. "Justine admitted she has feelings for me and she made a move."

"When was this?"

"Earlier, at the studio."

Beyoncé barely nodded with a serious expression. "And what did you do?"

"Nothing, I was shocked," Normani assured.

"What happened with Teyana?"

Now Normani really looked uncomfortable. "Nothing happened, I promise. I just..."

"You just...?"

Normani covered her face and whined again. Beyoncé had never seen her like this before. Things intensified when she heard her start to weep.

"Normani," Beyoncé said, alarmed. "What in the world happened?" she walked closer to her and pried her hands from her face.

Sniffling, Normani wiped her eyes. "Nothing actually happened. But I did get aroused. I know I'm wrong."

"What do you mean you got aroused?" Beyoncé demanded. "You are not telling me everything!"

"I was turned on for some reason....I'm sorry, Beyoncé. I feel bad about it." She continued to cry.

A part of Beyoncé felt bad, seeing her girl cry, but she was astounded at what she was hearing.

"Did she touch you?" she asked, confused, trying to make sense of the situation.

Normani tensed up but shook her head no insistently.

"So...you're attracted to her...."

"Not anymore."

"How long has this been going on?"

"Just today."

Beyoncé didn't say anything.

"I know, I'm sorry, Beyoncé. I didn't mean for that happen. I was just horny, we haven't been intimate..."

It continued to be silent on Beyoncé's end.

"Please say something," Normani whimpered.

"Good night," she said after a second and then turned on her heel.

***

"Thank you for having me at the meeting," Ashley smiled as she and Beyoncé exited the conference room.

"It was my pleasure," Beyoncé said, returning a smile. "Did you learn anything?"

"Actually, I have some ideas about Chloe and Halle. I was hoping I could run them by you."

Beyoncé indulged her with an impressed, slight tilt of her head. "I'd love to hear them. Let's meet in the conference room at 2pm."

Ashley's grin was the last thing Beyoncé saw before she went to her office. She had Princeton add the meeting to her calendar and then she went to the bathroom to freshen up before her lunch break. She was going to dine with Sloane and Sanaa at Red Lobster.

"Hey stranger," Sanaa said, kissing Beyoncé's cheek.

"Sexy stranger, aye, mami," Sloane remarked, admiring the long, cleavage-plunging sleeveless dress that clung to Beyoncé's body.

"Damn, Normani can't be happy about this outfit choice," Sanaa commented, making Sloane laugh.

"Now you know you need to stop," Beyoncé chastised her.

"How are things? Is the honeymoon stage over?" Sloane asked as they sat down.

"Nope, it's still new and fresh," Beyoncé said, smiling.

"I've been meaning to ask you...how is she?" Sanaa questioned, giving Beyoncé a knowing, suggestive look.

"Oh lawd," Sloane commented.

"You know you wanna know too," Sanaa quipped.

"I do!"

"Y'all are so damn nosey. But of course it's good," Beyoncé offered, a smiling surfacing.

"Does she ever top? We know you do," Sanaa said.

"No, I don't know," Sloane pouted.

Beyoncé and Sanaa just smirked.

"All I ever got was a lap dance," Sloane complained, this time eliciting laughter from Sanaa as the waiter came.

"I didn't mean I knew from experience," Sanaa told Sloane once they finished ordering their food. She was visibly suppressing another laugh. Beyoncé laughed for the both of them, though. "I meant that, of course Beyoncé would be hitting that."

"Can we stop talking about my sex life?"

"I'd talk about mine, but it's nonexistent. All Jeffrey and I do is work, work, work..." said Sloane. "But I won't complain. Sensual is doing really well." Sensual by Sloane was the official title of her lingerie line.

"I'm so proud of you," Beyoncé smiled, to which Sanaa agreed.

"Thanks, babe! And I'm thinking of hiring Teyana Taylor for my next shoot."

"Ooh, that's a good choice," Sanaa said.

"I know, right? Her body is stunning. Bey, what do you think?"

"About what?" Beyoncé asked, dryly.

"I said I want Teyana Taylor to model Sensual."

"Oh. That's nice." Beyoncé sipped her lemonade.

Sanaa and Sloane looked at each other.

"Someone obviously isn't a fan," Sanaa said, chuckling.

"Aw, do you think she's not the right fit?" Sloane asked Beyoncé.

"I don't think anything about her," Beyoncé shrugged.

Sanaa held a small look of amusement. "What are you not telling us, Bey-Bey?"

Beyoncé put her drink down, a little louder than necessary, causing Sloane to dramatically recoil.

"I wasn't going to say anything, but since we're on the subject, Normani has a little crush on her."

Sloane smiled. "I should have known."

"I mean, is it just a little crush or is she feeling her? There is a difference," Sanaa replied.

"Whatever it is, it's enough to turn her on," Beyoncé lamented, avoiding eye contact.

Sanaa almost choked. She leaned forward, on the verge of laughing but also off guard. "I'm sorry, what?"

***

Normani laid down on her bed, the bed in her actual home. She called her mother and instantly felt her mood lift. Ever since she'd started a new life in New York, she'd come to really appreciate something as simple as hearing her parents' voice. They were a constant reminder that she was loved.

"Hi baby, can't wait to see you," Mrs. Hamilton said.

"When are y'all coming?"

"We'll be there this weekend. Are you excited?"

"Of course I am! I miss y'all so much, you don't even know."

"But you're happy up there, right?"

"Oh of course."

"How is everything with the music going?"

"Amazing, I can't wait to play you what I've been working on and show you how to work a studio. How's everything with you?"

"Well, my students have become fascinated by you. They often ask me about you."

Normani was surprised and flattered. "Really? What do they say?"

"They talk about how pretty you are and that it's so cool that you're working with Beyoncé," Mrs. Hamilton filled in, laughing sweetly.

Normani's smile stiffened and she was grateful her mom couldn't see her. "Aww," she simply cooed.

"Are we going to meet her when we come?"

"Uh, sure, if she's not busy."

"We'll have to meet her, she's been helping our daughter," Mr. Hamilton could be heard in the background.

"Your father-"

"Yeah, I know. We'll see. How's grandma?"

"She's doing fine, you need to call her more..."

They continued to talk a few minutes later when Normani started to receive another call. Pulling her phone to her vision, she saw Beyoncé's name and selfie on the screen. Normani was affected but she kept talking to her mother anyway.

But then her buzzer went off and a knock on the door. Normani instantly knew who it was. She couldn't help but smile a little knowing Beyoncé was still invested.

"Normani," the CEO called from outside the door.

"Mom, I'mma call you back. I love you."

"Okay, I love you too, baby. Talk to you later."

Normani hung up and zipped up her velour black hoody jacket, sashaying to the front door, unlocking it twice. The two women looked at each other until Beyoncé breathed out a "hi."

"Hi," Normani said back and let her in. After locking the door, she turned towards Beyoncé who was already focused on her.

"Yesterday wasn't a great day for us," Beyoncé said.

"I know," Normani quietly agreed.

"I just don't want to lose you."

Normani was both relieved and a little sad to hear that statement. It was relieving to know Beyoncé still cared and wanted her, but it was sad that Beyoncé felt she would lose her.

"You won't. I don't want anybody else, babe. No one compares to you. No one," Normani proclaimed as she drew herself closer and closer to her lover. "I fucked up yesterday."

"You only fucked up if you did something and you said you didn't."

"Right, I didn't."

"Okay, so let's forget about it." Beyoncé smiled softly.

Normani knew they would never forget that incident but she was in agreement to leave it behind. The two found their way into each other's arms again and held each other long and tight.

"Can I still move in with you?" Normani asked after a moment.

Beyoncé pulled back only to look at her beautiful face. "Of course."

They smiled and it wasn't long before their lips attached and moved in a slow, progressive rhythm. 

AN: Thank you so much for reading, voting, and/or commenting! I hope you enjoyed :-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 6K 72
She's my rival... I could never love her... A Norminah Story (Written in Normani's POV) (G!P) (GxG) (14+) Cover by: @willbyrons COMPLETED.
158K 6.5K 28
Just read and enjoy.
2.2K 83 12
What happens when Normani starts falling for her girlfriend's best friend? What happens when Dinah returns those feelings for her best friend's girl...
Us By MOE🚀

Fanfiction

62.9K 2.6K 57
You are a new R&B artist who has everyone's attention. You sing, dance, and produce effortlessly with passion and determination. With success in musi...