Flowing Promises (Under Revis...

By Innocence51

Korosensei made a promise to Aguri Yukimura to look after her little sister since she'll be alone. But when h... More

Author Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 - Part 1
Chapter 10 - Part 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29.2
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 36.5
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 60.5
Epilogue
Acknowledgement

Chapter 29.1

2.2K 42 25
By Innocence51

A Change of Pace

---

Nagisa's POV

"I'm sorry I kept you waiting!" Cried Kayano as she hurriedly ran toward where I was. She was busy holding her summer hat and wore a see-through shirt that was designed with black hexagons and a white slim dress beneath it. Thank goodness though that she was wearing sandals. If she were running in heels, who knows how many times she's gonna fall off.

"I'm late, am I?" Kayano timidly asked as she stopped to recover some of her stamina.

"No, it's okay. I also just got here." I tried to cheer her up.

But suddenly, right after she finished taking a breather, she raised her head with a sulky face, directly looking at me.

"W-What's with that look?" I took a one step back in worry, wondering why she was suddenly angry at me. Did she found out that I lied that I just got here?

But fortunately, I found out that it wasn't the case when she immediately changed her expression at the back of her hand, forming up that usual cheerful smile on her face.

"Oh nevermind. Anyway, let's go!" Kayano happily offers her hand for me to take which I didn't hesitate for long to accept.

"Yeah." I answered as I took her hand and started walking with her in tow.

Yesterday was a bit exhausting, so I decided to go out with Kayano as a change of pace before I can concentrate about the classroom and that mysterious killer last night.

Nevermind about those problems, I'm out here having fun with Kayano. That's the important moment right now, and not gonna lie, I don't want to mess this up. Like really mess this up.

"Ooh! Let's check that place first!" 

I didn't have some kind of a plan on today's have-fun session so I let Kayano decide which place to go. After pointing at it, we went to a British-style café along the shopping district in the city for the first part.

It was my first time visiting a café full of elegant people—drinking tea, coffee and eating other western meal. Truth be told, this isn't my style of atmosphere. It's pretty awkward, but Kayano remained energetic the whole time, so I tried not to be a drag to her and helped her find a table for us to eat.

Switch to Kayano's POV

After our little visit in a café, we head out to our next location—a fashion store.

As usual, I dragged Nagisa inside because he was being hesitant again. But thankfully, he eventually stopped hesitating and went along following me inside.

Meanwhile, just as I was busy browsing fashionable outfits, I heard voices somewhere from the store that somehow mentioned the name of the one accompanying me today.

"Whoa! Nagisa-sensei? Fancy seeing you here!"

When I got curious, I went to sneak a peak from the other side. Just then, I saw Nagisa talking to a group of dark-looking guys that were way taller than him. Although they look like bullies or thugs, they seem to be nice and all when they spoke with Nagisa.

Are those, by any chance, his students?

"Hey~! It's Haruna Masé!" Unfortunately, I was spotted by one of those guys and I instantly flinched due to my cover being thoroughly seen. Crap!

As a result, the whole group consisting of four teenagers come running and surrounded me as they started asking several weird questions.

"Haruna-chan, how old are you?" One of the guys asked me.

"What are your three sizes?" Another one asked me that seemed to be a perverted question.

"Eh, um..." I was becoming quite anxious being surrounded in an uncomfortable situation. It turns out these guys are just dirty on the inside after all.

Wow... I wonder if Nagisa is doing fine teaching them?

Moments later after feeling a strange sensation that a certain hand was about to hold my shoulder, Nagisa immediately rushed in to my rescue and stopped the guys from harassing me even further. He holds the pervert's hand and looks at him with a straightforward face.

"What do you think you're doing?" Nagisa said with a threatening vibe.

"Ehh?? N-Nagisa-sensei?" Said the guy that had his hand stopped.

"We were just—"

"No, I mean you shouldn't touch her." Nagisa warned them even further.

Although being unaware of things, I suddenly felt something clasped around my hand. When I felt warm out of the blue, I realized...

Ah... It's Nagisa I'm talking about... 

It seems Nagisa was firmly holding my hand, protecting me from being harassed by his own students. But I guess, this is how he always is, isn't it?

———————————————————

"Thanks... for saving me back there." I bashfully said under my breath after receiving a cold canned drink from Nagisa which he bought from a vending machine just a second ago. 

We are currently outside sitting on a bench to rest for a while. I wanted to remain energetic for today as much as possible, but I think that attitude leads to naivety knowing that nothing lasts forever, huh?

"Oh, that? Don't mind about it. It's just that, they're my students, so I have to stop them no matter what." Nagisa casually said after taking a sip of his own cold drink and scratched his chin softly as he said that. There was a slight sign of blush on his cheeks though, but I didn't bother prying into that.

"Even so, you protected me. So I have to thank you for that." I looked at him with a smile hoping that he'll consider my gratitude for him. I know that he's usually that type of a guy, but I have to admit how grateful I am even if he doesn't mind.

"Uhh...Ah! Look, we still have a lot of time~! K-Kayano, where do you wanna go next?" Nagisa was flattered by my charm so he instantly changed the subject. It looks like he still doesn't understand my feelings, good grief.

But even so, Nagisa looked cute when he reacted with a blush like that, so maybe I'll consider his excuse this time and continue teasing him today.

I wonder how you will react, Nagisa.

As I thought of that, a secret devilish smirk formed up on my face as Nagisa started to walk ahead of me, looking for a next spot for our date.

Time Skip >>>

It was finally dusk in the afternoon after all those visits in one day. Thankfully, I feel relieved after having fun spending time with Nagisa and other things. It seems that a change of pace is exactly what I've been looking for.

"Nhmm~! What a day." I gleefully exclaimed while stretching my arms up high.

"I'm glad that you enjoyed it." Nagisa happily said to me.

We were now walking across a certain street not knowing where we're headed. And so, because of that, once I have finished fixing myself, I ran a bit further ahead, turn to look at Nagisa, and made the most convincing look on my face as much as I can.

"Hey Nagisa? Will it be okay if I come over at your place?" 

"...W-What?!"

The moment I said that to him, Nagisa was taken aback. That's the reaction I'm looking for!

"W-Why all of a sudden?" Nagisa stuttered at his words while having a pinkish blush on his face.

"Can't I?" Using my best repertoire, I pleaded Nagisa with a face that looks about to cry.

As a result, Nagisa couldn't say no to me when I do this, so it was a success. Nagisa sighed in defeat and looked the other way as a move to hide his embarassment and said:

"Okay. But I have to check if Mom and Dad are fine with it." Nagisa said in a softer voice.

"Mhm~! I can't wait to see Mrs. Shiota again." I gleamed.

It has been awhile ever since I've seen Nagisa's mother. I'm wondering about his Dad as well. Now that he mentioned it, I didn't meet him previously the last time I visited Nagisa's house. Oh well. I just hope that things will go well as planned.

———————————————————

"I'm home!" Nagisa said after unlocking the door of their apartment room and went inside.

"Pardon the intrusion!" I politely said as I followed Nagisa.

Huh

It was already evening by the time we got to Nagisa's turf. But after witnessing that the entire place was dark and empty and not hearing any word from them greeting us back, I realized that this could only mean one thing.

"Nobody's home." I blurted out while standing at the living room, and I swear that I heard Nagisa flinch just now.

"T-That's impossible!" Nagisa hurriedly walked across the room and went toward the kitchen, probably trying to check if any of his folks are home. I followed him afterwards.

"Mom? Dad?" However, he couldn't find any of them inside, but instead, he found a paper attached on the refrigerator in the kitchen bearing a note.

Gone to a business trip with your dad. Will be gone in 2 days. I hope you'll be fine by yourself, dear.

Love: Mom and Dad

"That explains it." Nagisa mutters to himself, which I completely heard anyway.

Although, it's strange. I went to Nagisa's house and found out that his parents are away, which means we're both alone. Is this fate, perhaps? Or maybe it's just a coincidence?

"Well now that we're both here, what do you think we should do?" I asked Nagisa while he was still anxiously staring at the paper he took out from the refrigerator on his hand. When he heard me, he couldn't let a word out from his mouth and looked at me with a confused face. He must be overwhelmed. Oh dear.

In order to break the awkwardness, I thought up of an idea.

"Ah! I know! I'll cook us some dinner!" I clasped my hands and said that out with excitement. 

This is my chance!

"Ehh~? B-But...are you really sure? I'm glad and all, but shouldn't it be me making dinner since you're my guest?" Nagisa worriedly asked as he gazed at me walking past him as I opened the refrigerator to search for ingredients.

"It's fine, it's fine! I'm doing this because I want to." I answered while browsing the fridge.

"But—" As Nagisa continues contradicting about the idea, I immediately cut him off—placing my finger on his lips to keep his mouth shut.

"I'm telling you, it's okay! Remember what I said to you back then? When my mind is fix on something, I just keep rolling!" To outdone convince him, I tried making a determined expression wearing heartwarming smile on my face.

With that done, Nagisa's shoulder loosened. Okay, he's calmed down now.

I let go of my finger and Nagisa didn't say a word as expected. After awhile, he finally sighs in defeat and looks at me with a helpless look.

"Alright. I'll let you cook for dinner."

---

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 518 21
The third instalment of the Luffy x Hancock series Trilogy but can be read as a Standalone Set in the Movie Stampede, Hancock is invited to the Pira...
17.4K 469 10
Arthur Leywin, Prince of Alacrya, is betrothed to Tessia Eralith, Princess of Elenoir. The problem? Arthur has never met his wife-to-be and doesn't s...
337K 18.5K 85
He was a supervillain, brilliant and ruthless. For James Moriarty, fortune and power had become so easy, it was boring. But not for long. Now the Gre...
5K 983 67
MBMMS Meet these two characters who have their own perspective. He hate her but she loves him. Brylle Tyre Dechaves is suffering from Philiphobia (f...