Supposed to meet

By linstead53

She's just an ordinary girl with a newborn baby. Her life as always never been fair to her. He's just a det... More

Chapter 1-welcoming the burn
Chapter 3-sorrys never enough
Chapter 4-pampered up
Chapter 5-since when
Chapter 6-cant be the last time
Chapter 7-why did you do that
Chapter 8-gotta learn to trust
Chapter 9-wild thoughts
Chapter 10-our time being
Chapter 11-trainee in progress
Chapter 12-miserable
Chapter 13-sexual frustration
Chapter 14-power
Chapter 15-at fault
Chapter 16-paying back

Chapter 2-the little theif

1.2K 25 2
By linstead53

(Erin Romed the isles at a food store, trying to find the baby food her daughter demolishes)

E<"Emmy sweetheart, I think they are out of your favorite crunchies,(she said sadly.
Emma turned her head around to look at her surroundings, her view getting blocked from the side of her carrier. She then turned her head to look at her mom and whined),oh know,(she cooed),it's that annoying"(Emma whined a lifted her head out of the pillowed area in her carrier, dropping it seconds after)

(Erin found the Gerber food in a different isle, cooing to her daughter who happened to shriek at her mothers excitement)

E<"I know aren't you a happy little girl,(Erin showed her little girl what was in her hand. The baby grasped it but held onto it, ending up dropping it in between her legs causing her to whimper),it's okay baby"(she rowed the cart towards the cash register, placing all the items on the moving thing)

<"your total is sixty-ninety three"

E<"gonna be on debit,(she murmured and then watched as the cashier nodded her head to let her know to swipe the chip),have a nice day"

<"you to,(she moved the next items up),next"
***

E<"ready to go home Emma?(she asked after putting all the grocery's in bags then making her way to the sliding doors),I know I am"!

<"excuse me ma'am"

E<"yes,(Erin turned around, only to see a security guard looking her down),can I help you"?

<"we need to check your bag"(he reached forward)

E<"are you serious,(she scoffed),I didn't take anything"!

<"ma'am all you gotta do is cooperate and you'll be outta here"

E<"this is ridiculous,(she moved forward),I'm leaving,(Emma started fussing as her mothers raising voice),I know baby,(she tried walking through the sliding doors but they wouldn't budge),why isn't it opening"?

<"since you didn't wanna cooperate, I had to call the cops ma'am"

E<"your serious"(she was trying so hard not to scream)

<"if you will follow me I'd appreciate it"

E<"I'd appreciate if you opened the door"!(Emma started whining louder so Erin gave her her binky)

<"I can charge you for shop lifting"

E<"oh my god,(she sighed),this is stupid"(Erin said under her breathe before following the security guard into a delegate room)
________________________________

R<"people these days, thinking they can take shit without paying is so funny"(rusek said with enthusiasm when he parked the car and made his way to the store)

J<"tell me about it,(Adam and jay made their way into the store and held their badges up to the security guard),what's going on"?

<"this women wouldn't cooperate so I brought her to the security room. She took something and didn't pay"

R<"alright, well where is she"?

<"back here,(he started walking towards the back room, opening the door so the two officers can come in),right there"

R<"oh my god,(he sighed),seriously"?

E<"that's what I said"(she scoffed)

J<"really man...your gonna bring her in here for what"?

<"she stole something and didn't comply"

E<"this is ridiculous,(she moved forward),check me for all I care! I didn't steal"

<"yeah alright"

E<"I will rip you a new one sir"(she raised her voice, stepping forward towards the security guard)

J<"hey,hey,(he wrapped an arm around Erin's waist and pulled her away from the security guard),enough"!

<"you check her"!

R<"we will"(he nodded in Jays direction)

J<"I'm just gonna check alright"?(he asked Erin, seeing nothing but trust in her eyes)

E<"mhm"

(She watched jay walk over to her stuff and saw the carrier)

J<"who's this little princess"(he cooed down to the baby)

E<"my daughter"(she watched jay intently as he kneeled down and check the stuff)

J<"what's her name"?

E<"Emma"

J<"pretty name,(he stood back up and smiled at the baby, causing her to kick her legs and smile her gumed smile. When Emma kicked her legs, jay saw a glass container in between her legs),what do we have here,(he reached froward and grabbed it, seeing as it was gerbers blueberry baby food),man seriously"

E<"Emma"!

R<"your gonna put a mother in here all cause she forgot to pay for baby food"?

<"she needs to pay"

J<"it's baby food,(he scoffed and walked to the side of Erin),get over yourself"

<"if you don't like my business, leave. I'll just have her arrested and her baby out in a foster care"

E<"Like Hell You Will"(she stepped forward only to get held back again by jay)

J<"take this,(he grabbed five bucks out of his back pocket from his jeans and slapped it in the the security guards hand),keep the change"

R<"let's go"

J<"next time man, ask nicely before you go accusing people"!(he said harshly before following Erin and Adam our of the store, getting looks from a bunch of other customers)

E<"piece of crap,(she huffed as she took a crying Emma out of the carrier),I know he made mommy upset to"

R<"oh Emma,(he ran his thumb down her chubby cheek causing the baby to wail louder),okay...or not"!

E<"shhh it's okay baby,(she smiled when Adam pulled his hand away fast when Emma cried harder),I know...tell me all about it"(Emma grabbed Erin's necklace and started to calm when she saw another person in view)

J<"how old is she"?(he watched Emma suck on the pacifier that Erin stuck gently in her mouth)

E<"two weeks"

J<"wow,(he leaned forward),hello Emma, hello cutie"(jay cooed)

(Emma's cheeks raised and she dropped her binky out of her mouth as she showed her gums to jay. Her dimples very clear that she got them from Erin)

E<"she really likes you"(she smiled at the interaction between her daughter and the detective)

J<"that's good,(he laughed and tickled the little girls covered belly),are you ticklish, huh...you ticklish"(Emma squealed and kicked her footie covered her feet. Jay started to peekaboo)

E<"you want kids"?

J<"Um yes,(he smiled. Emma raised her chubby arms so that jay can take her),can I"?

E<"yeah, just don't drop her"(she watched cautiously as jay slowly unbuckled her)

J<"got it,(he gently pulled her arms from the straps and pulled her out, holding her head since she wasn't strong enough to hold it up for herself. Her legs curled up, her eyes blinking fast due to the wind outside),are you cold"?(jay pressed her to his chest)

E<"here, let me fix this,(she said fast, moving jays tangled badge out of Emma's way so she can lay her head down),there you go"(Erin looked up and saw jay staring down at Emma as she fought with her eyes)

J<"do you need to be somewhere"?

R<"oh why jay...something you gotta do"?(he winked)

J<"no, I feel bad if we are holding her up"(he held Emma's head still as the baby started to fall asleep)

R<"well I'm gonna head out. I have lunch reservations with Kim"

E<"you and her going out"?(she asked surprised as she ran her thumb up and down Emma's closed fist)

R<"working on it,(jay chuckled),what"?

J<"nothing"?(he smirked and then smiled when emma stretched up further, ending up right under Jays chin)

R<"you jealous. Not my fault that you can't hold a girlfriend, or fiancé"

(Erin's POV)
what girl wouldn't wanna date him, or spend the rest of her life with him?

J<"man shush,(he scoffed),your getting me mad and I'm not gonna wake up this precious thing just cause you can't keep your mouth shut"!

E<"alrighty boys, you two can fist fight while I take my baby and feed her,(she reached for Emma, smiling when jay gave her sad face yet handed her to Erin),have fun"

R<"bye Erin"(he said happily. Erin threw her arm back and gave him the middle finger)

E<"jay,(she turned back around and walked back up to him),how bout I take you for a coffee. You both saved my butt today but since Adams being a doof I'll take you,(she watched as his eyes widened),what do you say"?

J<"ahh, yeah sure,(he smirked),more time with Emma"

R<"jerk"

E<"you had your turn to be nice"(she turned around and swayed her hips)

(Rusek caught jay staring so he hit his arm and smiled)

R<"don't forget to use protection"!

J<"shut the fuck up"(he muttered before making his way to Erin's car)
________________________________

(Erin and jay took the farthest booth in the coffee shop. They made small talk and then focused on the baby. The attention Emma was getting filled her with excitement)

J<"what are you doing?(he teased as he watched Emma playing with the sword that came with the lemon),are you a pirate"?

(Emma started babbling, blowing spit bubbles onto the sword)

E<"no, no sweetheart don't put that in your mouth,(she carefully took it out of her hand, not realizing that she startled her daughter until she curled her lip and started crying),oh baby,(she leaned forward),did I scare you?(erin pulled Emma to her chest, rocking her back and forth to try and soothe her wails),it's okay, mama's sorry"

J<"here,(he reached in Emma diaper bag and grabbed her pacifier, reaching over to place it against Emma's lips),take the binky,(he watched as Emma opened her mouth and took the binky, sucking on it fast),there you go. See everything's okay"

(Erin looked up from her daughter, locking eyes with jay)

E<"your great with her"(she smiled)

J<"not as good as her mother,(he looked intently at Erin),I wanna take you out to dinner one night"?

E<"me"?(she choked on her water, grinning when she saw Emma looking up at her confused as she sucked her binky)

J<"yeah,(he moved forward on his chair),I wanna get to know you more"

E<"um,(she blushed as she looked down),yeah okay"(her eyes looked back up and watched jay cross his arms together and look at her)

J<"so it's a date"?

E<"uh yeah,(Emma babbled and grabbed Erin's necklace),I'll give you my number,(she waited for jay to get his phone, giving him her number seconds after),so we're do you need to go after this"?

J<"I'm just gonna go home"

E<"I can give you a ride"!(she insisted, placing a twenty on the table)

J<"no you don't need to do that. You brought me to coffee. That's something the man needs to do"(he smirked)

E<"well I offered and your taking it. One thing you need to know is I don't take no for answer"

J<"understood,(he scooted out of the booth and held his hand out for Erin to take),let's get you to home. Especially this little one"

E<"I need to still feed her,(she grinned),little girl has been so districted by you"

J<"can you blame her"?

(Erin's POV)
No

E<"I don't know,(she grabbed Emma's jacket),can you just hold her real quick while I get her jacket situated"?

J<"of course,(he slowly grabbed Emma out of Erin's arms, caressing Erin's hand while he was at it),hey there princess"

E<"say hi jay"(she cooed. Smiling when Emma started babbling and picking at Jays chin with her sharp nails)

J<"ouch,(he pulled his face away),you got sharp nails little girl"

E<"they grow so fast,(Erin grabbed Emma's arm and slid it into the sleeve gently, pulling it to the other side to get the other arm in),all warm"!

J<"ready"?

E<"yup,(she followed jay out of the shop, thanking him for opening the door),ready to go home love bug"?

(Erin and jay helped Emma into the car seat, and then made their way to their seats, driving off towards Jays apartment after he gave her the address)
________________________________

(Erin made her way towards her apartment, letting Emma's head rest in the crook of her arm she carried her to the door. She unlocked the door and walked in, locking the door after. Erin made her way immediately to her room to go feed Emma. Smiling when she remembered that she was asked out by Jay Halstead)

E<"did you like jay?(she looked down at Emma as her mouth moved around her nipple, her small open hand, placed against the top of her breast. Emma's eyes started closing, the feeling of being in her mothers embrace letting her rest),he's what mommy needs"!

(Emma continued to suck as she fell asleep, Erins hand running up and down Emma's face)

E<"my beautiful girl"

(Erin leaned forward and kissed Emma's forehead, taking a bib and wiping her mouth after she let go of Erin's nipple. Erin fixed her shirt and then brought Emma to her crib to take her afternoon nap)

(As Erin cooked dinner, Jay Halstead did not leave her mind. The thought of him with her baby, the touch of his hand, and just in general made her want their dinner date to come faster)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.1K 1.9K 65
โ› ๐—œ'๐—ฉ๐—˜ ๐—•๐—˜๐—˜๐—ก ๐——๐—˜๐—”๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—ก๐—š ๐—ช๐—œ๐—ง๐—› ๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—ฆ๐—ž๐—ฌ ๐—Ÿ๐—ข๐—ฉ๐—˜ ๐— ๐—ฌ ๐—ช๐—›๐—ข๐—Ÿ๐—˜ ๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—™๐—˜. ๐—•๐—จ๐—ง ๐—ช๐—œ๐—ง๐—› ๐—ฌ๐—ข๐—จ-๐—œ ๐—–๐—ข๐—จ๐—Ÿ๐—— ๐—ก๐—˜๐—ฉ๐—˜๐—ฅ ๐—ฅ๐—œ๐—ฆ๐—ž ๏ฟฝ...
620K 10.6K 35
โ› ๐—›๐—˜ ๐— ๐—”๐——๐—˜ ๐— ๐—˜ ๐—•๐—˜๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—˜๐—ฉ๐—˜ ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—Ÿ๐—ข๐—ฉ๐—˜ ๐—”๐—š๐—”๐—œ๐—ก . . . โœ ๐—œ๐—ก ๐—ช๐—›๐—œ๐—–๐—›, ๐˜€๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐—ต๐—ฎ ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—น๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ป๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ด...
17.7K 318 12
Hi Everyone! I am a huge fan of Chicago PD and Linstead. This story is my perspective of what Jay and Erin's life would be like if One Day Is Today...
2.1K 31 18
** I do not own the character of Erin Lindsay ** It had been almost two years since Erin put Chicago in her rear view and never looked back. She had...