The Nightmare Came True..!

By TheRedUmbrellaGirl

Ever wondered what would happen if you wake up one morning and don't find anybody in the world? The universe... More

The Lightning
Bizzare Silence
The Deserted Town
Something's Wrong
The Little Things
Unexpected Morning
The Deal
Let the jouney begin!
Set Fire to the Rain
Lapis-lazuli eyes
Bittersweet Moments
Damsel in Distress
In the Middle of Nowhere
Do you hate me?
Stupefied
Fearless
Breakdown
The Weather Manipulator
Young love is such dumb love
I leave before I'm left
Let's remove the space between me and you
Life's a rollercoaster ride!
You Lose! Loser!
Stunning
Work of Fiction
I'm with you

The Cookie Monster

1.5K 18 16
By TheRedUmbrellaGirl

The tears had dried up now. I ensconced myself on the porch. He had gone, left me. I had to survive all alone now. I should've seen it coming. He never cared and he never will. I was blinded by optimism, I thought he had somewhere inside of him a nice guy hidden.

I was so lost in somber thoughts of mine that I didn't see something coming towards me. It was a car.My heartbeat accelerated. I rubbed my eyes and stared.

It was red in colour. It couldn't be Kevin, he had a silver car. It came nearer and finally came to a halt. The glasses were tinted. The door opened and came out of it none other than Kevin himself. My mind was a turmoil. An ocean of emotions washed over me like a tidal wave.

He walked towards me.

"Hey, I'm hungry, didn't have breakfast." He complained whilst I just stared.

"I know I'm looking handsome but It's rude to stare." He said normally. I acted purely on impulse.

No, I did not kiss him or anything. I was not some desperate little girl. I punched him on his chest. It was not enough. I did it again and again. I managed to make him move backwards. I lost the count now. He grabbed my hands suddenly and looked at me.His blue eyes were boring into my brown ones. His eyebrows were scrunched together. He looked like he was trying to figure out some calculus problem.

"What is wrong with you?" He asked whilst still having a strong grip on my hands. I squirmed but he didn't let go of me.

"Where were you? Couldn't you care enough to tell me before going somewhere. I was dead scared. I thought you ditched me. I don't even know this place. How could you just go like that and come after hours and you don't even apologize, you say you're hungry." I said everything without pausing a bit.

He smiled and started walking inside. He had not left my hand.He was taking me along with him.

I flinched the whole time.

We were heading into the kitchen.What is he doing? Is he going to threaten me into making something for him now?

He went towards the fridge and opened it. He took out a yellow cold parchment from it, unfolded it and read it out loud.

"Hey, I'm going out because I need to get my car back, It's still there on the road and I assume it doesn't even have much petrol left in it so I'll try and find the nearest petrol pump. Will be back in two hours maybe.

-Kevin"

"Who puts a note inside the fridge?" I widened my eyes and my expression probably implied that I was the crazy one here.

"I do." He said as if it was normal.

"Seriously, why can't you be just normal for once?" I asked. I could totally see us going back to square one.

"Who wants to be normal?" He said plastering a fake smile on his face.

"I really don't know what your problem is but I bet It's hard to pronounce." I said sarcastically and stormed out of the kitchen.

He came out after a minute with the jar of cookies."Those are mine,I found them." I almost screamed. I felt like I had an authority over the jar, as absurd as that may sound.

He looked at me and then looked here and there like he was searching for something or maybe trying to hear something.

"Do you hear that?" He whispered.

"What?" I lowered the tone of my voice too, did he hear somebody? Was the owner back like I feared.

"That's the sound of no-one caring." He smirked.

I threw a cushion at him because that was the nearest object, oh how I wish it was a heavy vase but he dodged. I would kill him today. I went to the bedroom and brought two pillows with me and launched an attack on him. It bursted into little white feathers.He ran around with the cookie jar and into the kitchen. He came out with a bottle of water. He took a sip from it and gulped it down, I never saw it coming, He threw the water from bottle at me. I was shocked.

"What am I? Flypaper for freaks?" I shouted mostly at myself.

He grinned.

"Did you eat an extra bowl of stupid this morning?" I asked with fury building up inside me.

"Remember, I didn't eat anything.So cookies are mine." He said showing me the jar like it belonged to him.

I wasn't going to be wasting anymore time on him.I went into the bathroom and got changed. I packed my stuff in my backpack and came out muttering all the time.

"Let's go." I said avoiding eye-contact.

"Where?" He asked confusedly.

"Plan on living here forever? We have the car now so let's go." I said coldly looking at my nails.

"Fine." He nodded and grabbed his bag and ofcourse the precious jar. I took one last look at the house, If the owners had cctv cameras installed and they came back they'd kill us for sure. I didn't care at the moment.

We were out of the house now and going towards the car.

"Who's car is it?" I asked, I forgot to ask earlier.

"A human's." He rolled his eyes.

I tried to restrain myself from punching him on the nose, yeah punching on the nose is really evil,it hurts a lot.

"Did you steal it?" I asked.

"I guess,you can call it stealing too." He grinned sheepishly.

"How could you?" I widened my eyes.

"Don't be a hypocrite! you lived in somebody else's house without their permission." He said with a serious face.

"Why did you have to steal it still? You had your own car." I said.

"The tires punctured while I was on my way to the petrol pump so I walked some distance and found this car." He explained.

I nodded and sat in the passenger's seat. I plugged in my microphones and lost myself in the music. I did not speak a bit today let alone sang anything.

After sometime he suddenly pulled my earphones out. I glared at him. He kept his gaze on the road.

"What?" I asked irritated by his behaviour.

"Why are you so silent?" He asked surprising me.

"I don't fancy being in another storm accident." I said indirectly making him feel guilty.

"I'm sorry for that." He said with what I assumed was guilt and honesty.

"Okay." I said keeping a straight face.

"So, You're going to be your usual chatterbox self now?" He questioned.

"No, I don't want to talk about anything." I said, I would just fight with him if I speak much.

"Not even for a scooby snack? Oops I mean a cookie?" He smirked.

I looked at him in amusement but didn't quite reply like that.

"No." I said sternly.

"Not even for two?" He said with hopeful eyes.

I liked this side of him, I smiled internally.

"Nope!" I said this time a little more playfully.

"Fine, you can have the jar, just please do keep talking else I'll just fall asleep whilst driving."

I smiled wide in triumph and snatched the jar.

"So What was your favourite colour,you didn't answer me the other day..." I started the conversation.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Note: Thanks for reading. Please comment and vote because that's what really gives me motivation to update soon.

this chapter isn't edited like a lot of others :P please try to find my mistakes amusing. :P

If you really like it then don't hesitate in showing me some love :P Suggestions for the story,constructive criticism etc. are always welcome :D

you can even ask me for dedication on your favourite chapter :)

Please recommend to others too!

please!

-Vrinda :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 82 11
"Don't you see now why we can't be together?" I whispered at the crazy boy in front of me. "Aren't you repulsed by me? Disgusted? Dis interested? Ca...
8K 803 28
"Where were you all my life?" I jokingly asked "Right across the sea, waiting for you. But you had to cross other oceans and go to other countries be...
126 28 25
/dɪˈlɪəriəm/ /dɪˈlɪriəm/ [uncountable] a mental state where somebody becomes excited and not able to think or speak clearly, usually because of illne...
1M 25K 39
"I want a divorce." And just hearing him say that my whole world that seemed to revolve around him stopped. Gathering myself I barely managed to spea...