The Epic From Her Eyes- Mahab...

By TheCryingSoul

Meet Amrit, a 19 year old Indian girl who went to the age of Mahabharata. But what will happen if the way she... More

Disclaimer
Meet Amrit
The Gift
The Choice
A New Family
Going To Dwarka
Kanha and His Smile
Lakshagriha
The Best Friend
Panchali's Svayamvar
The Dead
The Bird's Eye
In Indraprasth
Rules Of Panchali
Familiarity
Destiny
Padmavan
The Boon
A New Friendship
Return To ......
Wedding?
War
Reminder
Planning Of Svayamvar
The Pooja
Rituals and Hint
Phobia Of Kids
Svayamvar: Part 1
Svayamvar: Part 2
The Consequences
Marriage
Love
It Was Never Easy
Finally!
Panchali's Wrath
The Younger Sister
Laksh
Trust?
Wait
Truth Revealed
Love?
I Quit
The Return
Him
Preparation
Sprain
The End?

The Kala Pradarshan

4.9K 170 124
By TheCryingSoul

Note- This story is just a work of fiction.

Previously on this story-

"Thanks Kanha"

And then suddenly a beam of light flashes on me eyes which forced my eyes to be closed.

I could feel the surrounding changing.

As I opened my eyes I saw--

Now:-

Amrit's POV

As I opened my eyes, I saw myself in a river bank. The river was shining against the rising sun. Opposite of the river, was a small forest, after which a few tall forts and castles were seen.

But Kanha was not around. He was gone.

Is this Hastinapur?
Then this must be River Ganga.

I again turned towards the river. A bit far from me, was a man standing.

He seemed to be praying to the rising sun.

I stepped closer to him.

He was as fair as someone could be, his skin was shiny as if it was reflecting the rays of the sun.

As I circled around him (he was praying with his eyes closed), I noticed his face. It was as bright as the sun but as calm as the moon.

His ears has those unbelievable golden earings.

Those are the golden kundals! That means my doubt was right. He is Karna.

I looked at him as I observed his face.

He is much more handsome than I could imagine.

I don't know why but I stepped a bit back.

As soon as he opened his eyes, I pretended to praying and secretly peeped at him.

Oh god! What am I doing? I need to make him my brother. But how? I just can't find my voice to talk to him.

I finally got some courage and turned towards him but he was gone.

Great!

I sighed.

Wait wait wait! I have a plan but I will have to wait until the day after kala pradarshan.

I smiled wickedly. Suddenly I heard

"Amrit there's a hut nearby with sufficient food for 2 days. You will live there."

It was Kanha's voice but he was no where around. But I didn't dare to question his plan and searched for the hut.

It was a small but nice one. I saw a few lehengas there and then looked at my dress.

Oh no! I was in front of Karna in this outfit?  Fuck!

I changed into a lehenga which seemed to be for daily use.

I then went to a town.

Ammu! Just don't forget the way back to the house.

Narrator's POV-

Like this two days passed,

It was the day of Kala Pradarshan.

Amrit went and sit among the common people and was having the perfect view.

Amrit's POV

This place is just perfect. I can see everything from here.

Suddenly my eyes caught the royal family.

They all were sitting at a higher place but were clearly visible for me.

There was an old looking man yet looking as fit to defeat all the princes. He was fair enough and had white beards.

I think he is Bhishma Pitamah!

Near him was a man who looked younger than him but still old. He was wearing a crown which could be of a king. He seemed to be blind by the position of his eyes.

And he is Dhritarashtra, I guess

Beside him, was a beautiful lady who has covered her eyes with a piece of cloth.

She is Gandhari for sure.

A bit distant from her, was another lady who was as beautiful as her but in white saree.

She must be Kunti.

Near her was a man, who I think was Vidura.

Near Dhritarashtra, was another man with an injured leg who was Shakuni.

And there was another lady beside Gandhari, much younger than all of them who I think was Dushala.
Soon the Kala Pradarshan started as the speaker started taking their names as they enter.

First were the Kauravas or specifically , The Sons Of Dhiritarashtra.

"Duryodhana, Dushasana, Vikarna, Yuyutsu, Jalsandha, Sam, Sudushil, Bheembal, Subahu, Sahishnu, Yekkundi, Durdhar, Durmukh, Bindoo, Krup, Chitra, Durmad, Dushchar, Sattva, Chitraksha, Urnanabhi, Chitrabahoo, Sulochan, Sushabh, Chitravarma, Asasen, Mahabahu, Samdukkha, Mochan, Sumami, Vibasu, Vikar, Chitrasharasan, Pramah, Somvar, Man, Satyasandh, Vivas, Upchitra, Chitrakuntal, Bheembahu, Sund, Valaki, Upyoddha, Balavardha, Durvighna, Bheemkarmi, Upanand, Anasindhu, Somkirti, Kudpad, Ashtabahu, Ghor, Roudrakarma, Veerbahoo, Kananaa, Kudasi, Deerghbahu, Adityaketoo, Pratham, Prayaami, Veeryanad, Deerghtaal, Vikatbahoo, Drudhrath, Durmashan, Ugrashrava, Ugra, Amay, Kudbheree, Bheemrathee, Avataap, Nandak, Upanandak, Chalsandhi, Broohak, Suvaat, Nagdit, Vind, Anuvind, Arajeev, Budhkshetra, Droodhhasta, Ugraheet, Kavachee, Kathkoond, Aniket, Kundi, Durodhar, Shathasta, Shubhkarma, Saprapta, Dupranit, Bahudhami, Yuyutsoo, Dhanurdhar, Senanee, Veer, Pramathee and Droodhsandhee"

And soon it was the time for Pandavas.

"Yudhisthir"

A tall thin, quite fair man entered. His face was a calm expression as he entered with a spear in his hand.

"Bheem"

A taller muscular man enter with a gada in his hand. He had a 'don't angry me' expression.

"Arjun"

A man with darker skin than the others enter with a bow in his hand. He was really as handsome as we were told.

"Nakula"

A man entered with a sword in his hand. He was the most handsome looking among all his brothers.

"Sahadev"

Another man entered with a sword. He looked a bit similar to Nakula.

And soon the Kala Pradarshan started and Arjuna was overpowering any one. An old man who was Dronacharya was about to label Arjun as the best archer in the world when...

"Wait!"

Everyone looked at the centre of the common men area and saw a man with a bow, he was Karna.

"I am here to challenge Arjun and become the best archer" I said with authority.

"I am ready" Arjun said taking his Gandiva.

They were about to start when...

"A prince can only fight with a prince. What is your name? And from which caste do you belong?" Another man of somewhat Drona's age said. I knew he was Kripacharya.

I was feeling more excited very second and a bit scared as I knew what was going to happen.

"I am Radheya. And I have a the knowledge of archery so I am a warrior." He said not changing his expression.

This is a lot exciting in reality. But I am feeling so nervous. Oh God!

"We need to know which caste you belong to. And also which guru gives his student the knowledge without knowing his caste " exclaimed Drona.

"My guru is as same as yours" He replied.

"Guru Parshurama! Does that mean that you are a Brahmin?" Drona asked.

"Why don't you label a man by his ability and not his birth? I am an archer and I am here to challenge Arjuna" Karna replied with a bit anger in his voice.

Just then a man came and interrupted "Son let's go this place is not for a Suta. I am sorry if my son gave you any trouble "

I felt my heart broke. I knew this was going to happen but the expression of shock and sadness which Karn had just make my heart ache. I wanted to interrupt and tell them who he really is but I can't.

"Oh so a Sutaputra thinks he can challenge a Kshatriya?" said Kripacharya.

"Go Sutaputra, listen to your father. " joked Bheem.

I felt rage of anger growing inside me as they all kept on insulting him.

I was about to shout when

"Stop!" Duryodhan came in front "If he is not getting to fight with Arjun just because he is a Sutaputra then I am making him the king of Anga"

Oh I totally forgot about it.

I took a deep breath. Karn and Duryodhana talked something which I couldn't listen.

"So now he is a king and therefore can fight with Arjun" said Duryodhan

Soon Karna and Arjun were engaged in a combat. Suddenly an arrow of Arjun was going to pierce into Karn's chest when his golden kavach appeared.

It was so shiny that it made my turn my head. My eyes felt on Kunti who was shocked and filled with terror.

She had recognised  her son! Her first born! And he was in a combat with his younger brother!

I looked back at them as the people were now cheering for Karn. It made me smile.

The combat was getting more interesting minute by minute.

When suddenly we heard a shank blown. It was by Bhisma Pitamah.

"The Kala Pradarshan is finished now. It's sun set" He said in a very deep voice.

I looked at them as they gave each other a angry stare.

I don't know why but it gave my goosebumps.

Next morning,
I realised that I have no food left.
I went to the river bank and saw Karn there.

He was giving daan to some Brahmins.

He was wearing the crown and everyone was calling him Angaraj. I can't help but smile.

As all Brahmins left, Karna started walking to leave.

It's my only chance. I can't delay this anymore.

I blocked his way.

"Angaraj! Even I need a daan" I said trying to be serious.

"I am sorry but I have nothing left right now" he said in a pleading manner.

"But the thing I want is with you right now"

"Then ask. I have vowed to give anyone who asks for something after my morning puja" He said promisingly

"I want a brother" I commanded.

To Be Continued...

Author's Note-

Hey guys! I hope you like the part.

The names of all the Kauravas are taken from Wikipedia and so I am not sure if that's correct.

If anyone has seen any mistake then feel free to correct me.

And ya the next part will be totally fictional.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

To save her love By Leena Pal

Historical Fiction

20.5K 878 25
Story of a 13 year old girl who time travel to mahabharat era. She is not here to change the destiny of kuru princes. She is also not here to change...
46.1K 1.9K 68
This is a story of a girl who loves the concept of time travel. She is an avid fan of Mahabharat. What would happen when she is thrown into a world o...
10.9K 658 25
Mythology, history are very interesting to listen...... but what will happen if a character of history land into the 21st century....... ●●●●●●●●●●●...
3.8K 316 23
Jai Dwarkadhish ki, This is the story about a girl named Meera, who is a great devotee of lord Shri Krishna as her name and she is on her journe...