Good Girl Gone Bad [LIV BLAC...

By adolescentmuse

Sirius Blacks daughter cared by Remus Lupin. "She would never! She's a good girl!" "I'm sorry, Lupin, but it... More

GOOD GIRL GONE BAD
01 | azkaban
September, 1991
September, 1991
September, 1991
July, 1993
September, 1993
September, 1993
September, 1993
September, 1993
September, 1993
October, 1993
October, 1993
October, 1993
October, 1993
November, 1993
November, 1993
November, 1993
November, 1993
November, 1993
December, 1993
Christmas Eve, 1993
Christmas, 1993
January, 1994
how to disappear completly. march 1994
April, 1994
April, 1994
JUNE, 1994
JUNE, 1994
JULY, 1994
sirius' arrival, july 1994
Forgive & Forget. July, 1993
33 | Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!
34 | Gentle Sin

June, 1993

2.6K 62 107
By adolescentmuse

IF FRIENDSHIP at first sight was a thing, Padma Patil had experienced it first hand the first time she'd seen Liv Black, pulling out her wand on Ron Weasley for chewing too loud despite it only being her second day at Hogwarts, and being clueless about spells. Ron dropped the chicken wing in shock – it splashing into a bowl of gravy and covering Harry head to toe in it. As he wiped the brown goo from his glasses, Hermione snatched Liv's want from her hand and accidentally poked it straight into Harry's eye whilst doing so. Everybody laughed, but no one as loud as Padma.

Liv swiftly spun round in her seat. She'd never heard such a sweet laugh in her life. Padma had her hand covering her mouth as she giggled away – the silver cross necklace resting on her chest reflected brightly into Liv's eyes. She looked up, starting intensively at the girl.

"What?" Padma suddenly panicked, "is there something on my face?"

Liv was quickly taken aback and briefly stopped staring, "...no.... nothing on your face, well apart from your freckles,"

And now, 2 years later, Padma Patil did infact have something on her face; for Liv had just smeared a finger covered in icing from her 13th birthday cake all over her cheek.

"I hate you!" Padma gasped, beginning to chase Liv around Remus' kitchen table.

Liv smirked dipping past a chair in hopes to run faster than the girl chasing her, but Padma was too fast; catching up with Liv and wrapping her arm around her waist before falling to the ground in a fit of giggles.

Liv's birthday had gone great, it was a warm summer morning- something that would have seemed impossible last winter. Kaia, Remus' seemingly on and off girlfriend of a couple years (Liv didn't know, Remus was very private about his relationships) had popped in to wish her a happy birthday and stayed round for some morning tea, leaving behind a rather large pile of wrapped presents.

Kaia was very beautiful. And very tall too. Liv had always thought she could be one of those muggle supermodels, with long slim legs and very delicate features. Perhaps that's what Kaia did in her spare time, for Liv didn't know- infact, Liv had never asked. She'd make a mental note to ask Remus later.

At first glance, Kaia and Remus wouldn't be seen as a compatible. She was a fair few years younger and always looked well put together compared to Remus, greying and covered in scars making him look rather ragged. But when you saw the pair together, either snoozing with limbs entangled on the couch or both bent over a baking book with puzzled expressions, you could then understand why they fell in love.

Or were they not in love? Maybe they were just really good friends. No, friends don't make out with each other on couch Liv thought. A friend of Remus' wouldn't take Liv's spot in his bed, waiting, full of comfort, for when she has a nightmare and needed to sleep in her fathers arms.

"Happy Birthday, Liv,"

Liv's thoughts fluttered away and went straight to her stomach, where Padma was softly sat. Liv brought a finger up to Padma's face and gently wiped away the icing and placed her finger in her mouth.

"Did someone say birthday?"

Liv assumed the deep male voice who had called from the open front door was her father, but when she peered her head in its direction she was more than surprised to see an older man in long silver robes.

"Professor Dumbledore?"

The girls quickly scrambled from the floor.

"Hello Miss Patil, Happy Birthday, Olivia," Dumbledore smiled. He never called her 'Miss Black'

"I remember when I turned thirteen..."

Dumbledore stared at the ceiling, humming softly too himself as if walking into the house of a student to wish them happy birthday was a perfectly normal occurrence for him. Dumbledore must have sensed the confusion in the girls eyes, and laughed.

"Oh, I'm not here to party. Instead i'm here to convince your father he would be the perfect occupation for a new Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher,"

"What!?"

"Mhm, indeed. Infact I believe i was successful, but I'll let him tell you about that. Now I'm off. I'll be glad to see you again in September,"

In disbelief, Liv watched Dumbledore stride from the house, and with a sudden *crack*, he disappeared.

"DAAAAAAAAADDDDD!"

"Inside voices, Liv," Remus had appeared behind the girls, and placed a large pile of presents wrapped in paper printed with little flying owls. "From Kingsley. You remember Kingsley, don't you?"

Of course Liv remembered Kingsley, the coolest man she had ever met. The coolest Godfather anyone could ask for. Infact, the man who had pierced her ears for her seventh birthday; almost giving Remus a heart attack. Liv made another mental note to never, ever, tell her father how Padma had stuck a needle through her belly button the night before.

"Your-gonna-teach-at-hogwarts?" Liv blurted out.

Remus grinned slightly. Liv and Padma grinned even more.

".... maybe,"

Liv squealed like a mouse, but jumped into Remus' arms like a playful golden lab. She was happy her Father had found a job, knowing how hard that was due to his condition, but even happier she wouldn't have to leave him when she goes off to Hogwarts in a couple weeks time. She held out her arm towards Padma, who ran into the hug too.

Remus was fond of Padma, she'd spent the majority of the summer at their house, finding out she lived just a short 15 minute walk away; Remus hoped it wasn't because of family issues, for Liv would never willingly spend that much time away from home. Either way, he didn't mind. He thoroughly enjoyed her company, and seeing Liv happy- well that was all that mattered to him.

Padma had repaid Remus for letting her stay so often by doing the dishes, something Remus immediately declined, but something Padma was too stubborn to take 'No' for an answer. So, to compromise, Liv was forced to help too. But for today, Liv was excused as it was her birthday, and instead watched Padma from the kitchen table with her chin resting in her hands.

"Liv," Remus nudged her softly, "you alright?"

Liv looked at Remus for a moment, but continued to stare a second a later.

She was just so nice to look at.

"Daddy?"

"Yes, Love?"

"Could it be wrong..."

"Could what be wrong?"

"Am I allowed to look at her like that?"

"Like what?"

Liv sighed. "I don't know... just...."

━━━━━━━━

The first full moon of the summer was nearing- Liv could sense it.

It wasn't because Remus had a cigarette in his hand- something he rarely did, only when he was stressed, and it wasn't because Liv was literally staring at the moon, nearly at a perfectly round circle. Only one more night.

It was like a sixth sense. She knew it was nearing, even when she was miles away from Remus at Hogwarts. Infact, it had been over a year since Liv had been at home for a full moon. She hated it. Not as much as Remus hated it though.

Liv wondered over to the small table Remus was sat at, perched over a small book. He looked up and smiled softly at her, which Liv was happy to see, for Remus could get very irritable so close the full moon. She pulled up a chair next to him.

"Hiya, love," he said tiredly. He was working- glasses on and all, making notes on whatever book he was reading.

"I thought you quit your job now you've got one at Hogwarts?"

"I did," Remus almost sighed with relief.

"Then why are you working?"

"I'm not," Remus replied, closing the book a little harder than he had planned too. "Sorry," he said quickly to Liv, "on edge a bit,"

Liv let out a soft laugh. The book was one on potions, clearly new for it wasn't in the old battered state most of Remus' books were in.

"Wolfsbane potion," Remus said, lighting up a cigarette with the click of his fingers. Liv always loved the trick, as much as she hated him smoking.

"It's new thing," Remus carried on, "Dumbledore said it will be available at Hogwarts, you know, when I need it,"

Remus didn't like talking about his lycanthropy very much.

"I see," Liv yawed, and immediately changed the subject, "so you're definitely going?"

"I don't see why not,"

Liv wanted to change the subject again.

"What about Kaia?"

Remus suddenly looked very puzzled.

"What about her?"

"Well, are you just gonna leave her?"

"Why would I leave her?"

If Remus was having this conversation with anyone other than his daughter he would be offended by such an accusation, but Liv never showed interest in his relationship, rather tried to stay out the way. Remus was far from offended. He was nothing more than confused.

"Well you're leaving her to go to Hogwarts, I just thought-"

"You leave me every year!" Remus said rather dramatically.

"Yes, but–"

"And I'm always here waiting for you when you come back, aren't I?"

"Only because you have too," Liv replied, sticking out her tongue.

"I don't have too," Remus shrugged, jabbing the end of his cigarette into an ashtrash. "Could just walk out, leaving nothing but a note with the nearest children's home address on it,"

Liv burst out laughing.

"But I don't," Remus said rather seriously, "you know why?"

"Why?"

"Because I love you,"

"So you're saying Kaia loves you," Liv stated rather than questioned, and was glad to hear Remus chuckle.

"I would hope so, it's been a quite a while,"

"Oh,"

"It's complicated," Remus said, "everything so complicated these day," he added quickly.

"I want to know," Liv said quietly.

"I know you do, pup,"

Remus patted her shoulder. "She'll be around tomorrow, we'll have some drinks- no, fuck that, I forgot you turned thirteen not eighteen, blimey. Anyway, we can all catch up, I'll tell you everything- all the complicated stuff,"

Liv nodded.

"I love Kaia," Remus stood up, "but not as much as I love you,"

Liv let out a small shriek as Remus grabbed under he arms and pulled her from the chair, throwing her onto his shoulder.

"Come on, time for bed,"

━━━━━━━━

Liv was uneasy. Remus had a giggling Kaia under his arm, but knew he was uneasy too. Tonight was the full moon.

She lightly tapped the top of her Coca Cola can out of boredom. Remus and Kaia had some muggle alcoholic beverage from the corner shop down the road- Remus took a swig and put his hands flat on the table while Liv wondered if werewolves could get drunk too.

"So," Remus smiled, "what do you want to know?"

Liv shrugged awkwardly. "Where'd you meet?"

Kaia began giggling under Remus' arm once more. Maybe it was the alcohol- Remus hushed her with a laugh.

"At her house, I guess? Right after she was born," Remus suggested.

Liv let out a small 'oh'.

"My dad and Kaia's mother were good friends," Remus carried on. "She's a muggle of course, but, yeah, good friends. Came running to her when he found out she was giving birth, had to drag me along,"

"I was four. I got bitten the next year, and my dad didn't want me going near them, especially the baby. It was like he thought I was contagious- he never bothered doing the research to find out differently,"

Remus took another swig of his drink. Kaia had a hand on his chest, and was staring up at him sadly. It looked as though it was her first time hearing that too.

"We met again, at my thirteenth birthday, actually!" Kaia suddenly sang happily. "You were well cool,"

"Shuddup,"

"Oh, come on, you pulled up on a skateboard, for fucks sake!"

"It was my only way to get around!"

"That is cool," Liv agreed, feeling more at ease.

"You were like an older brother," Kaia said, wrapping both arms around Remus now. "Fancied you, though. But you always disappeared,"

She traced a finger along a scar down the side of Remus' neck.

"I always thought these were from falling off your skateboard,"

Remus chuckled softly.

"And then your friend Sirius-"

"No!" Remus suddenly snapped, and quickly jumped from his seat.

"Sorry. sorry...." he muttered, and began rushing around the room. Liv knew he was looking for his wand.

"It's by the window,"

Remus snatched his wand without a word.

"It's time. I need to go,"

Kaia let out a troubled sigh.

"Will you be okay?"

"Yes. Just like every other bloody moon,"

And with that Remus slammed the door leading down to the basement shut.

They both stared at the door, neither making a fuss. Kaia rubbed her arm slowly- they were barely ever alone in the same room.

"He gets really irritated near the moon, he doesn't mean it," Liv said quickly.

Kaia nodded. "I never knew he was bitten," she whispered, so quiet Liv was scared she misheard her.

"Oh god," Kaia said. "the scar on his hip, oh god I'm so stupid,"

"You're not stupid,"

"I know nothing," Kaia began to pace up and down beside the table. "I know nothing about you're world. During the war I was useless! I just had to sit there and watch him-"

"What war?"

What fucking war? Liv knew the wizarding world was divided, but so much so they were fighting? Killing?

There was sudden noises echoing from the garage, noises that would be hard to explain. Banging, scratching, thumps. It sounded as though someone had locked a werewolf in an empty room.

━━━━━━━━

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 318 20
Y/N Lupin-black is the daughter of Remus Lupin and Sirius Black. Shes got everything a girl could dream of amazing friends, loving parents, a beautif...
12.3K 343 29
"Y/n, could you please join us in the real world for a few moments?" She grumbles in complaint, "But my book is getting to the good bit." "And the g...
113K 3.2K 18
"He's not a monster he's my daddy." ***************************************************** Remus Lupin never thought this was how his life would go bu...
447K 10.8K 53
(Re-editing) It's clear that Severus Snape has never been great friends with the chaotic group known as the marauders but when his twin sister must b...