The Epic From Her Eyes- Mahab...

By TheCryingSoul

Meet Amrit, a 19 year old Indian girl who went to the age of Mahabharata. But what will happen if the way she... More

Disclaimer
Meet Amrit
The Choice
The Kala Pradarshan
A New Family
Going To Dwarka
Kanha and His Smile
Lakshagriha
The Best Friend
Panchali's Svayamvar
The Dead
The Bird's Eye
In Indraprasth
Rules Of Panchali
Familiarity
Destiny
Padmavan
The Boon
A New Friendship
Return To ......
Wedding?
War
Reminder
Planning Of Svayamvar
The Pooja
Rituals and Hint
Phobia Of Kids
Svayamvar: Part 1
Svayamvar: Part 2
The Consequences
Marriage
Love
It Was Never Easy
Finally!
Panchali's Wrath
The Younger Sister
Laksh
Trust?
Wait
Truth Revealed
Love?
I Quit
The Return
Him
Preparation
Sprain
The End?

The Gift

5.6K 186 106
By TheCryingSoul

This story is a pure fictional work

Narrator's POV

At night, Amrit was sitting with her mother and grandpa in the living room. All her cousins had left.

"It's Bhai Dooj the day after tomorrow." Amrit said as she looked at the pictures she clicked today.

"But none of your cousins will be here for you" Her grandfather said with pity.

"Hmm" Amrit said "I am going to sleep"

She went to her room and locked the door.

"This will be the first time she would have no brother for bhai dooj" her mother said with a bit sadness in her voice.

"And even Ajay (her dad) will be here to ensure that she is happy as we are going to Menaka's (some relative) house." her grandfather said looking at her mother.

"Hey Narayan! Please take care of her this Bhai Dooj. She would be alone" her mother prayed in her mind.

Amrit's POV

I locked the door and sat on my bed while looking out at the sky.

So will I really have no brother this year? Not Daksh. Not Aryan Bhaiya. No one. And I won't even have anyone to spend my whole day with.

A tear fell from my eyes.

What will I do the whole day?

Soon I fell asleep. I don't know how? But I woke up with a blanket over me.

But the door was locked from inside and I didn't even had any blanket on my bed.

This year is going really crazy!!!

Narrator's POV

The whole day passed without much event and Amrit almost forgot about the blanket case.

Next day was Bhai dooj.

Amrit's POV

"Listen Ammu! I have kept your breakfast in the fridge. Be sure to warm it before eating" my dear mom told me the sixth time.

"Ha mumma! You have told this the tenth time" I lied

"I will take care of myself. You can go without any worry " I reassured her.

"Dadu! Now take her otherwise she will tell me more of her dos and don't dos" I told my grandpa.

Soon they both went and I went to my washroom to have a shower.

I wore a blue coloured half sleeve t shirt with a red leggings.

I know that's an odd combination but I love it.

I was about to heat the food when suddenly I felt something strange.

It was as if I was not in my control.

I don't know why but I took all the things necessary for the Bhai Dooj ceremony and kept them and also decorated it as it should be.

What am I doing? I asked myself as my body came into my control.

This diwali is going so strange! I exclaimed in my mind.

As I was about to take the things to keep them in their places.

"Wait!"

I looked around to see who said that but no one was there.

I am becoming mad!

I again started to collect the things when suddenly

"Wait! "

"Who the hell is here?" I asked in anger.

"Calm down girl! It's me"

I stood up and looked around to see if anyone was there.

"And who is this me?" I asked

"Well I thought you might recognize me!"

I followed the voice and reached the living room.

And to my surprise, there was someone standing there with his back towards me.

He was wearing the 'old time clothes'.

"Who are you?" I asked standing at a distance.

"You still didn't recognise me,Amrit?"

The man turned towards me. He was dark skinned but still attractive. He had those beautiful eyes and had a peacock feather in his head piece.

"Kanha?" I said in shock taking a step back.

He just nodded as yes but even his nod was so satisfying.

"No this can't be true" I said in disbelief "You are some actor or someone just wearing the dress of Kanha."

"How can I make you belief that I am your Kanha" he said with still a smile on his face.

His smile is making me want to smile. But no I need to be serious. This man entered my house without my permission. He can be dangerous.

"No I am not at all dangerous" He said making me feel more scared. "Well I have a way to prove myself. You treat Kanha and Karna as your brothers. You have a crush on your college mate. You stole two chocolates from the chocolate box of your cousin on diwali. You secretly ate a laddoo from the packet which was kept to be a prasad for me"

As he listed all this. My eyes got big in dismay. All of these things were known by no one except me.

How does he know all these? Is he really Kanha?

"Yes I am" He said with the same smile.

"Are you telling the truth?" I asked still confused.

He just nodded and I don't know how but the next thing I remember is that I was hugging him with tears falling from my eyes.

Am I dreaming? How can he be in front of me for real?

He wiped my tears "I am here for a purpose Ammu"

I felt a pleasing feeling when he called me by my name.

"I am here for Bhai dooj" he said going past me to the place where all the stuffs where kept and sat there.

I followed him and sat in front of him. I started doing all the ritual. And he was sitting there with that pleasing smile of his. It just made me wanna laugh and cry atthe same time.

Soon everything was completed.

"Now I am hungry" He demanded looking at me.

"Just a minute" I went to the kitchen and came out with the breakfast.

My mum has an habit of making too much food for me when she know that I am going to eat alone.

Well that's a good thing today. Thanks mom. Thank god.

"You are welcome"

I smiled on hearing that and took the food to the dining table where Kanha was already sitting.

"Your food" I said as I passed him his plate.

I don't know why but I felt so shy and nervous all of sudden. I have always imagined myself to be cheerful and full of fun and sarcasm when I meet Kanha. But it's completely opposite.

"Kanha why are you here?" I asked suddenly

"I told you I am here for Bhai dooj" he said while eating.

"But there are so many other girls who treat you as their brother, who are much devoted to you than me, who would do anything to meet you, then why me?"

I asked while looking into his eyes. It felt so good to look at his godly eyes. Wait he is god! Concentrate Ammu!

"You will get to know your answer soon" He said with a somewhat naughty smile.

"So now what do you want as your Bhai Dooj gift?" He asked

"Kanha you came is much more than I could ask for. I don't need anything" I said with a smile.

"No but I want to give you se gift. Ask for anything and it will be granted" He insisted

"Ok..."

I was so confused. I mean what can I ask him to give me. And then suddenly.

"I want to go to the time of Mahabharat and be a part of that great epic"

To Be Continued...

Author's Note-
So this was the second chapter of this story.

There might be some spelling/grammatical mistakes as English is not my first language.

At first, I thought of describing the full Bhai Dooj ritual but then I realised that almost every region has different rituals of Bhai Dooj. And so I decided to skip that part.

Another thing, I might not update regularly as my school keeps me really busy and I need a certain kind of mood to write, but I will try to update it as often as I can.

I hope you like the story. And if you think this story has potential, then please share it and make it reach a larger audience.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 90 10
Time traveling has always been a fascination for everyone. Although scientists are trying to figure out if time traveling is possible or not, yet not...
171K 8.9K 77
Dharmyudh, which means 'Battle for Justice' What happens when fate decides to take a steep turn ? Could it change the destiny of Aryavarth ? ...
39.7K 3.5K 31
"If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were." ♡ "I saw this girl at the age of 13...
12.8K 580 14
Time travel of a 21st century girl to Mahabharat Ara. She is here to change kuru princes destiny. She is calm, she is different, she is just like shr...