Flowing Promises (Under Revis...

Από Innocence51

Korosensei made a promise to Aguri Yukimura to look after her little sister since she'll be alone. But when h... Περισσότερα

Author Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 - Part 1
Chapter 10 - Part 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29.1
Chapter 29.2
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 36.5
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 60.5
Epilogue
Acknowledgement

Chapter 28

2.2K 41 8
Από Innocence51

An Unknown Enemy

---

Nagisa's POV

Tonight was another night mission. Lately, we discovered a news that a certain warehouse of a factory is currently being robbed by some unknown terrorists, and our team is now heading towards H-point as we speak.

Karma, me, and three other specialized agents under Mr. Karasuma's team ran across the neighborhood rooftops, eventually reaching to a certain point where we spotted squad C taking a reconnaissance of H-point from a tall building.

(Innocence51: By the way, H-point means "Hit"-point; the code name of the target location. I made that up though, nothing special.)

"Squad A is here." whispered one of the reconnaissance team when he noticed our arrival.

"Good, just as planned." A man with a deep voice turned around after taking a look with his binoculars and took off his lower mask covering his mouth. This must be Hattori—A.K.A. Unit 463 Jackal, the captain of Squad C.

"What's the order, coach?" Karma started asking after taking off his mask as well.

"Intel has it that the warehouse was completely overrun by a large group of unknown terrorists. They have all personnel inside has hostage, so the police can't do anything and stand their ground outside." As Captain Hattori informed us about their recent recon, each one of us were given binoculars to take a look at the parliament building.

There, I saw the warehouse being heavily guarded by thugs while the police force surrounds the entrance. It might take awhile for their main force to get there, so we were ordered to take immediate action for infiltration.

". . . do you have some kind of plan, Unit 80?" After Captain Hattori finished his briefing, he takes off his binoculars and turns to ask me that question.

"Hmmm... What's HQ's orders?"

"HQ said to take immediate actions, and they keep repeating that command. You're free to do as you will."

"Perfect. Squad A, let's go!"

This is a perfect chance for me to initiate my own plan. I wonder why HQ kept repeating the same command. No matter. The objective of this mission is to eliminate the threat. They're terrorists, which are criminals, so there's no need to capture them for now.

———————————————————

"Squad A to Squad C, we're going in..." I said to my earpiece with a soft voice to let the recon team know that we're entering the premises.

"Copy that." Replied the squad captain from my earpiece.

Once we received his approval, I nodded to one of my squad members and he started breaching the backdoor with a crow bar. Once it was opened, Karma immediately threw a smoke grenade inside and went in.

"All clear!" Karma spoke through our earpieces.

The four of us took turns to go inside while stiffly holding our knives and handguns, remaining cautious of our surroundings.

It was dark and full of smoke inside, but we had masks with night visions on, so lurking under this smoke is no big of a deal.

"..Zzrt.. Do..zz.. co.. p..y..Bzzzrt!!" 

Meanwhile, as we were slowly walking across the dark mist, my earpiece suddenly received a noisy transmission which I couldn't determine clearly. It must be coming from squad C. But why does it sound like it's about to be jammed?

"This is Squad A. Requesting to repeat your last transmission, over!" I gave a signal to the agents behind me to stop while I try to decipher the transmission.

"..Zzrt.. Sq... uad... Bzrt! Do... Zz..py...Bzzrt?!" However, the transmission was still distorted that I couldn't figure out or understand whatever they're saying.

But while my thoughts were glued on the jammed radio transmission, I suddenly heard footsteps gradually becoming closer.

"Nagisa!" I heard Karma's voice shouting from the other side. He must have gone further ahead! That red-headed idiot!

Though, I took this as an opportunity and ordered the agents behind to follow me as I ran outside the cloud of smoke.

But when I finally got out from that mist, a disgusting smell suddenly reaches my nose. Furthermore, I was utterly shocked and terrified when I got to the inner part of the warehouse. 

There I saw all the terrorists lying dead across both two floors while the hostages remained safe sitting at a corner, paralyzed in despair. Karma was trying to calm them down while I went to investigate what happened here.

"Get all the civilians to safety!" I quickly ordered my remaining men and they quickly went to Karma's side while I patrol the area.

What just happened here

The steel walls of the warehouse have dents on them, blood and dead bodies of criminals left on the floor, from the looks of it, this isn't the work of the cops. When I looked outside, they were also trying to get over here when they saw my signal that the sector is clear.

"What happened?" One of the commanding officers of the police force asked me when he also got a grasp of the situation.

"I've no idea. They were already dead when we got inside." I said with a bewildered face.

"Commander! This one's still alive!" When we heard one of the cops shouted that, we immediately went towards where he was, and we literally found a dying man who was a terrorist covered in blood but was still breathing. There was also a wound with a long scratch across his face. It was horrible to look at honestly.

"Tell us what happened." The Commander of the police force knelt down and asked the dying man.

"...urgh.. it was... a mon..ster." The dying man said with a weak breath but we all heard it clearly.

"A monster?" One of the cops asked.

"What do you mean?" Followed by the commander.

"... It had... lo..ng.. arms... spe..ed... li~ke... light..~ning... Guuarghh..!!" Those were his last words when he started vomiting blood, and later on passes away as his breath disappeared.

"Thank you for your cooperation, agent 80. We'll take it from here." When the terrorist was finally dead and was about to be placed inside a bag for dead people, the commander fixed his cop hat and turn to say that to me.

"Understood." I nod at him before walking outside the warehouse that were momentarily entered by cops and medical personnel.

Upon reaching outside, I group up with Karma and the rest, and we discussed about what happened earlier.

While in the middle of things, it was not too late for me to realize about that broken transmission awhile ago. I turned back on my earpiece and spoke through it, intending my words would reach Squad C.

"This is Squad A to Squad C. Do you read me, over?"

"Unit 80? Thank goodness, we copy you agent, over."

"Did you notice something inside the warehouse awhile ago, over?"

"Yeah. Something terrible happened, right? We're sorry we couldn't find out what it was, but it broke through the ceiling in such speed. We don't know where it went either, over."

There's that again... in such speed? Is that even possible

"Copy that. We'll report this to HQ, over and out."

"Copy that, over and out."

After our radio exchange, I turned to look at my team and ordered them to return back to Headquarters. We were lucky when the higher-ups supported us by sending Humvees to our precise location for extraction. I'm completely tired tonight, so I can't guarantee that I'll make it to the Headquarters by foot.

Anyway, my mind is still suspicious about this 'monster'. 

Hmmm... I'll take a look into that matter once I've rested.

While being extracted, I decided to get some shut-eye. Man, today was shockingly exhausting really. It was like a massacre.

You know what? Maybe it's a good idea to not think about it tonight or I might get some nightmares.

Switch to Normal POV

As two armored vehicles drove through the city, there was a certain black figure on top of a tall building that was looking down at them.

Its silhouette was caused by the moon's luminescent rays, and its face was half covered by a white mask, revealing an evil smirk on its lips.

What could this mean..?

———————————————————

"Nagisa? Nagisa! Wake up! It's past breakfast already!" Shouted an impatient mother from the other side of the room as she knocks at her son's door five times again, and again.

Damn it.. lemme sleep for five minutes...! 

On the other side, a blue-haired grown up was acting like a child, covering himself with his blanket while ignoring his mother's cries from the other side on purpose.

.. ~Krrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriing!~...

However, he couldn't lie back to his slumber when his alarm clock suddenly goes off and annoyingly disturbs him.

Figuring that he doesn't have any other choice, he decided to get off from bed and opened the door where he found his mother glaring at him in disappointment.

"N-Now, now, Mom... I apologize for oversleeping, so could you not look at me like that the first thing in the morning?" Nagisa said with a slight feeling of panic.

Thinking that things might go the other way around than what Nagisa hopes to bring forward, his mother fortunately sets aside her disappointed attitude towards him as she sighed in defeat.

"Honestly, what am I going to do with you. You're already a grown man, stop oversleeping like a little kid." His mom scolded him.

"I'm sorry. I'll try not to do it again."

"Apology accepted. Now come on, breakfast is ready." After Nagisa apologized, he followed his mother on their way to the dining room where he spotted his father reading a newspaper sitting in the table.

Now that the family had gathered around the table, they started to eat their breakfast and had a few short conversations to add a lively atmosphere as one happy family.

Today was a rest day, so Nagisa isn't necessary to wake up early for school. But as a grown man, he should wake up before breakfast to make sure he's present while having their meal.

I wonder what I will be doing today... 

Nagisa thought to himself as he decided to spend the rest of the day goofing of or whatsoever. Eventually deciding to go with that one, he immediately grabbed his smartphone and started dialing the person he wanted to contact.

After three beats, he brought his phone closely to his ear.

"Hello? Kayano?"

---

End of Chapter 28

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

5.2K 136 21
What if Eren and Mikasa swapped genders? Would Eren have to act like Mikasa? Would they tell their friends? Would the others understand? How would th...
17.4K 469 10
Arthur Leywin, Prince of Alacrya, is betrothed to Tessia Eralith, Princess of Elenoir. The problem? Arthur has never met his wife-to-be and doesn't s...
274K 12.9K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
12.9K 219 9
after his family threw him out, Lincoln ran from home and was never heard from again. 14 years later, Lynn Sr. dies shortly after an accident, Rita t...