Daft || Malum

By GiraffeLegsLuke

"Don't be daft, Michael," Ashton laughs. "Calum's straight." ⓒ Cover by quantum-fags More

Hair Dye
Cold Feet
Strawberry
Kiss Me
Hot Murderer
Screen Play
Hemms Lukeing
Pizza Spaceships.
Water Works
Still No Date For The Prom?
Calyum
References
Cuddle Me Clifford
Poisoned Youth
Drum Sticks
Hair Dye Again
Pierce The Brow
Movies
Character Ask
Jane The Ripper
Character Answers
No Shirt Party
Tacos and Blackmail
Bedtime Comedy
Bath Time with 5SOS
Snapbacks and Song Lyrics
Counting Snow
Milkshakes With Darwin
Luke Smash
Chaotic Symphony
I'm Michael
Frick More Biotches, Get Even More Money
Cold Shoulders
Showering with 5SOS
Lashtonless
Adventure Time
Marriage Counselling
ℰND
Fun Facts (skit)
Alternate Ending

"Gel"

11.5K 472 838
By GiraffeLegsLuke

"Fucking hell Calum!" I say in surprise when my eyes adjust to the darkness.

"You really thought I was going to leave you while it's storming? Obviously you don't know me very well." He chuckles, the lightning flashing off his teeth.

It looked like a party with strobe lights, illuminating the room every so often.

The thunder boomed louder than previous ones and I nearly cracked my head off the nightstand.

I cleverly avoided squeaking again by biting my lip.

"H-How did you get in here?" I stutter weakly as he walks slowly over to me.

"Ashton opened the door and I followed him in, hiding behind the door." He explained lightly, in a slight 'duh' tone.

"One second," he stops moving and turns back to the door. "I need to pee."

He peaks out into the hall before jogging quietly to the bathroom.

The thunder cracks, breaking me out of a small daze and bringing me back to my bedroom.

The rain pelts against the window almost rhythmically, interrupted only by the loud booms of thunder. The lightning flashes, exposing the creepy dead bush's branches in the window.

The shadows by my bed seem to shift, and curl leisurely. Creeping across the floor in the direction of my exposed feet.

I tug my blanket over my toes, hoping to ward off the impending darkness.

The curvy dark tendrils chase each other playfully. Three inches from my shaking figure they pause when a toilet flushes.

"Michael?" Calum whispers after not seeing me on the mattress.

The shadows recoil when he spots me in the corner.

"What are you doing over there?" He breathes a laugh and plops down next to me.

Before I could respond the thunder booms, causing me to emit a startled 'Eek!'

"How are you holding out?" He asks, wrapping an arm around my shoulders soothingly.

"M-Much better now." I mumble, shaking like a leaf. I refused to take my eyes off the shadows, afraid that if I did they would take that as a chance to attack.

I feel so tiny next to Calum, under his arm and wrapped in a thick blanket. Like a little boy.

"Come here." He sighs, dragging me onto his lap before I could respond.

"Calum?" I whisper.

I feel like we're both eight years old again, when I slept over at his house and we built the worst fort out of chairs and a blanket ever. It was great until we both tried to fit, Calum didn't mind I ended up just sitting on him. The only problem was we built it in the middle of his kitchen so we could sneak cookies in. It was going great until his sister caught us.

"Yeah?" He whispers, breath sending a chill down my spine.

"Why are you mad?" I spit out, the question tasted weird in my mouth, I've never had to say it to Calum before.

"Would you believe me if I told you I don't know?" He asked softly, wrapping his arms around my waist like at the pool.

"No."

"I don't know why I flipped. I mean, I'm absolutely fine with you being gay. It's not like you walked out of the closet as Lady Gaga." He chuckled.

"What about you? What are you walking out as?" I ask sleepily, curling up comfortably in his arms.

He picked me up, and carried me to the lone mattress. Setting me down carefully, like the finishing domino in a tower. The last building block.

He slipped in next to me like the first night we shared a hotel room.

I cuddled into his chest, while he mumbled about the hair in his mouth.

Before I drifted off I heard Calum start singing the chorus to Heartbreak Girl.

I dedicate this song to you

The one who never sees the truth

That I can take away the hurt, heartbreak boy

Hold you tight straight through the stormy night

I'm right here

When you gonna realize that I'm your cure, heartbreak Michael?

I bite my tongue but I want to scream out

You could be with me now.

Funny, I don't remember my name being in it. He must have changed the lyrics.

I almost drift off when orange light floods into the room. I never really turned the light on in my room, it was pleasantly surprising to find that the lightbulb was old and drifting to an orange shade.

"Calum!" Ashton whisper yells, from the door.

I can't see Ashton because my backs turned and Calum has his arms around me.

"Yes?" Calum asked in a hushed tone, his arms tightening slightly.

"Get out of there, I don't think Michael wants you here." Ashton snaps.

"I can't, he's laying on me." Calum protests lamely, not even moving his arms so Ashton has a better look.

"You shouldn't be in here in the first place." Ashton's voice is coming from the end of the mattress now.

Calum just shrugs.

"You can't just freak out because he's gay then sneak into his room at night while he's sleeping." Ashton snaps, getting close enough that I have to flick my eye lids shut.

"Get up or I'm dragging you out." Ashton demands, going over protective brother on Calum.

"Fine." Calum snaps when Ashton goes to unwrap my hands from around his waist.

"Sweet dreams." He mumbles defeated.

He begins to lift himself off the mattress when I dive after him and snaking my arms loosely around his waist.

"No! Calyum don't go!" I moan weakly, sounding like a little boy on the first day of kindergarten.

"That's such a cute pet name, Calyum." Luke coos from the door.

"Shut up." Calum says, attempting to detach my arms.

"No. Stay." I whine, sloppily trying to maintain my hold on him.

"Michael don't." Calum whines back.

"If you keep this up Michael will wake up completely and beat the shit out of you for waking him up so early. It's only four in the morning." Luke says nonchalantly.

"Language." Ashton scolds absentmindedly.

The sleepiness was wearing off and my grip was becoming stronger.

In one last ditch effort, Calum tried to push my arms down and step out of my hold.

"Don't." I growl, opening my eyes and glaring up at him.

I then turn to Ashton, "Get out. It's not even noon thirty yet."

He held up his hands in surrender, not prepared to deal with an overly grouchy Michael.

The light flicks off and Calum slides back under the blanket.

I smile lazily, snuggling into his--my sweater.

"Sing to me, Calyum." I demand sleepily.

He started to grumble nonsense.

"Sing to me, Asian boy." I repeat louder.

"Such clingy, much demand." He mumbles under his breath before singing really softly to me and stroking my hair.

You got me where you want me

I'm hanging on your every word

It's such a twisted story

How you got me

Now you got me

So let me give you what you need.

I unintentionally make a noise that sounded like it was affectionate but I was to sleepy to tell.

。。。。

"Fuck." I groan, waking up to the sun blazing intensely into my face.

My bedroom door opens abruptly, "Language." Ashton all but sings, followed by the door shutting again before I can even register what happened.

"Calum." I groan, throwing my arm across the bed, only to have it fall flat on the cold sheets.

I could have sworn I fell asleep cuddled up to him.

I get up grudgedly, making my way down the hall in a zombie like manor.

"Make me food." I moan, resting my head on the person's shoulder sleepily. Too lazy to open my eyes and look through the cabinets.

I can't remember smelling their scent before, whoever it is smells great. It doesn't smell very manly though.

It's too short to be Puke Hemmings.

"You smell good." I mumble into their shirt.

"I would hope so." A feminine voice replies back.

I look up a bit startled.

"Hood Mama!" I shout, pulling Calum's mum into a hug.

"Morning Michael. You're the second one up, Ashton's out getting milk." She greets, turning back to the counter where she's defrosting bacon.

Second one up, I feel so accomplished. That probably means it's too early though.

"What brings you here?" I ask, leaning on the counter next to her.

"I wanted to see my baby before you boys leave on tour." She replies, putting the bacon in a pan and cracking eggs.

"Oh Michael dear, your mum wanted me to being you something. She said it was a celebration gift." She nods toward the shiny silver present bag next to the microwave.

Calum stumbles into the kitchen sleepily, he stretches briefly in the door way, exposing a strip of tanned skin under his shirt.

"Mum?" He asks dumbfound when he sees Joyce at the stove.

"My baby!" She greets, rushing over and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Morning Cal." I greet, preoccupied by the card attached to the bag.

Michael,

Thought you might need these things.

Mum & Dad x

I did take notice to the weak glare Calum sent my way though.

"How are you?" She asks Calum, returning to the breakfast she was preparing.

"He's mad because I told him I'm gay." I muttered under my breath.

Calum shot me a glare, apparently I was a lot louder than I thought.

"I'm good." He gives her a tight smile.

"How is the band?" She continues rattling off questions joyfully, not having heard me.

"Divided." I mutter, undoing the ribbon on the bag.

"We're great. Hey Michael? What'cha got there?" He changes the subject.

"A gift from my mum." I answer with a frown, curious as to what it could be.

"Honey, I'm home!" Ashton calls, entering the kitchen seconds later.

"I was waiting for you." I cheer, racing forward.

Ashton smile grows wider when I'm nearly there, I throw my arms out as I go.

"I really wanted milk." I state, snatching the milk carton and taking a clean glass out of the dishwasher.

He frowns, quickly replacing it with a smile a little less bright.

"Morning Calum." Ashton chirps, being the happy morning person he is.

Calum gives him a nod.

I gulp down half the glass before a bit rushes past my mouth and down my chin. The milk spills onto my shirt, with a full mouth I attempt to dab at it with a dish towel.

I look around to see if anyone witnessed my failure.

Dammit.

Calum happened to be looking my way, he licks his lip quickly.

I wipe my mouth and swallow the rest of the milk.

Calum clears his throat uncomfortably looking somewhere below my nose.

Am I finally starting to grow that moustache I always wanted?

"I'm going to shower quickly." He blurts out, in a huskier voice before racing out of the room quickly.

Ashton looks at me questioningly, I shrug and turn back to my gift.

I open the bag and pull out an Aerosmith shirt. So far so good.

I put my hand in the bag again and my fingers grip a something that feels like a bottle of gel.

I don't use gel.

I look in the bag and read the label.

It isn't gel.

I look quickly to the other items in the bag, a pair of rainbow briefs and a box.

The box says One Size Fits All.

At least she's supports me, even though it would have been more likely for her to ship Federer here.

"What did you get?" Ashton asks, trying to peak into the bag.

I blush deep scarlet and shut the bag quickly.

"I got a shirt and rainbow boxers." I squeak, grabbing the bag and rushing to my room.

I throw the contents into my suitcase quickly, too flustered to throw them away.

Not to mention the garbage is in the kitchen and there's a little one in the bathroom but Calum's showering.

Bet he looks great covered in water.

Didn't he shower last night?

"Michael! Breakfast is ready!" Joyce yells from the kitchen.

There is no time to think because there's food.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 174 23
❝they all think you❜re bad ass.❞
483K 29.8K 33
"send me a selfie, i miss you."
17.7K 1.4K 102
⤷ you're the only thing that's going on in my mind. [completed] → content warning: homophobia depression
241K 2.8K 33
read my newest one shots on ao3, my username is dancingmalum these are my one shots from before I quit posting on wattpad.