Thirst

By Auriel_Ora

Vampires aren't real right? Daniel found out they were real. And they don't act like the stereotypes that... More

Mint Gum
Dreams
Just My Type
Ass-mar
Bum-fire?
Thirst
I MUST BECOME BEAUTIFUL
You're kinda Pretty
Faded
Poppin' Bubbles
I'm you!
Special Short: Haunted Bathroom
Somewhere in Stockholm
Dirty Little Secret
The Spectre
Dark Side
The End
Closer
Plot twist
Why're you so obsessed with me?
Dark Bond
Somnophilia
Shadow Kiss
If I lay here....
Love me Like You Do
The Middle
Stay
Just give me a Reason
Eyes on me
My Heart
Liar Liar
Hash Slinging Slasher
It's complicated
Falsity
Recall
This story is dumb
Spoilers
Sparkling Lemonade (No)
Come with Me
Daniel (No)
I start putting random titles now
Deceptive scenes
Clarity
Simple and Clean
Epilogue
Extra Endings: Thirst

Blood, Sweat, and Tears

1.8K 98 81
By Auriel_Ora

Chapter Whatever: Blood, Sweat, and Tears

A/N: -Casually refuses to put a song that is named the same as the Chapter and waits for flames from angry readers- Sorry, not sorry, but Alan Walker is too good.  

'Jay' looked around, he smiled.

He, the dark side/ the vampire side/ the blood-lust, finally had taken control of Jay's body.

After so many years, he finally was free to do as he pleased.

The first thing to do with his new found control was escape.

Pulling off the contraption that connected to the heart monitor, 'Jay' got out of bed.

He saw his clothes neatly folded near the bed.

He changed into them quickly as he tossed the hospital outfit into the trash can labeled as a Bio Hazzard.

'Jay' looked about as he casually walked out of the room he once resided.

Dodging the various nurses and doctors by ducking behind 'wonderfully' placed carts and chairs, 'Jay' made it to a nearby exit.

Escaping, 'Jay' whistled as he walked out into the cold night.

Smirking as he wondered what he should do next.

He didn't smell anyone's blood near him as appetizing in any way, but he had caught a whiff of something off when he was sleeping in the hospital room.

He didn't recognize the smell. But he could tell that whoever's scent that was, it was a threat.

'Jay' cracked his neck as he sniffed the air, trying to find where the threat had gone but it was vanished.

'Probably took a car.' 'Jay' thought as he began walking to his apartment.

----

Chubby Daniel had cried himself to sleep, his friends allowing him to do so after all that worry he had been through.

Daniel's new body was awake as he heard them sniffle and anticipate a call from the hospital.

"Do you think Jay will ever come out of the ER?" Zoe asked as Jace patted a sobbing and holding puppies Vasco.

"He looks like a tough guy, so yeah. I believe he can." Jace said.

"Yeah, Jay is strong." Zack confirmed, remembering when Jay held back his wrist with one hand when he fought Daniel.

Speaking of Daniel, the tall one was staring off into the window at the city.

"Daniel? You okay?" Mira asked.

Daniel nodded absentmindedly, but didn't look at them.

Zoe held small Daniel as she slept as some sort of comfort as the sun slowly rose.

The group of friends were snapped from their sadness when they heard the front door open and close.

The footsteps came in as the friends ran out of the living room (minus chubby Daniel of course) and let out happy and thankful sighs.

"Jay!" Daniel yelled as he moved past Vasco who was still holding puppies and Zack, throwing himself at Jay.

Zack let out a small smile as he spoke, "Told you he was strong, nothing to worry about."

"Zack, you were worried and crying too." Mira remarked as Zack blushed in embarrassment.

Jay hugged Daniel as Daniel squeezed him tightly, Vasco and Jace letting out sighs of relief as Vasco gently placed the puppies on the floor.

To everyone's surprise, the puppies barked at Jay and growled.

Daniel tried to shush them, all while holding onto Jay like a koala to a tree.

Mira ended up putting the puppies in another room to calm them as Daniel turned his attention back to Jay.

"Jay I was so worried.... But I'm glad you're okay." Daniel squeezed Jay tighter as Jace dragged Vasco into the living room to give them their privacy.

Zoe let out a small sad smile but allowed Daniel and Jay to have some alone time as Mira and Zack went to hush the still barking puppies.

"..."

"No, don't be sorry. Friends care about friends." Daniel said, though he internally cringed at the 'friend' bit.

"..."

"My roommate's okay. He told me... everything..." Daniel lied again as he placed his chin over Jay's left shoulder.

"..."

"No, I don't find you as anything but a living person. Listen, I don't care you're a you know what. I like you just the way you are." Daniel couldn't take the words back.

"..."

Daniel moved back to see Jay's face slightly red.

Laughing, Daniel answered, "Yeah... I mean it that way."

Jay smiled as he moved closer to Daniel.

And Daniel shifted his head to one side as he pressed his lips against Jay's.

The friends who had 'given' them privacy, internally let out victorious screams, their thoughts screaming, "OTP! OTP! JANIEL IS OTP!"

No one noticed the lack of shadow Jay had, nor the reflection on the window of the living room showing the real Jay pounding his fist against the glass to be let out.

----

Darkness was all Jay could see as he hit his hands against the place where he last seen the door.

'Daniel! Daniel! Daniel!' Jay thought as he feared what his blood-lust side would do to innocent Daniel.

Was Daniel being drained of all his blood right now?

Was Daniel being raped by his blood-lust side?

After all his blood-lust even though it had a more aggressive and perverted personality, it still had the same likes Jay had. So that means that it obviously liked Daniel as much as Jay did. But who knows maybe it was lying when it said it was interested.

'Now isn't the time to see if it likes Daniel, I have to get out.' Jay thought as he threw himself against the door.

It seemed to budge so Jay tried again.

After a few good hits, the door fell.

Jay peeked out, he didn't know how he was able to take back his body but all he knew was that he had to confront the doors in his mind.

After all he had a feeling they were something he needed to endure to be able to defeat his uncontrollable blood-lust.

----

Daniel refused to let go of Jay that day, it was a good thing it was the weekend because there was no doubt that girls and guys besides their friend group who'd be questioning about what happened.

Jay didn't seem to mind as he wrapped his arms around Daniel's waist.

The group of friends watched over the new couple in silence as they waited for the two say anything.

"So..." Zoe started as everyone (minus the sleeping small Daniel who had been moved into one of the guest rooms) turned to look at her, "How about that Half-Light sequel?"

"Oh, I heard they're working on the sequel movie already." Mira replied as Zack cringed internally.

"Wow. I'm totally going to see it, I bought the e-book since I couldn't get a physical copy." Zoe said as she opened her phone to open said book.

Zack and Jace looked at Vasco who was utterly confused on what the girls were talking about before getting into a topic on something other than the sequel to Half-Light.

Namely Vasco and his success on growing a durian.

Daniel felt a buzz from his pocket as he pulled out his phone, surprised when he saw a message from Duke.

It read:

'Hey, Daniel! How have you been? It's been a while and if you have time, I'd like you to come and look over the dance routine I'm doing in front of some big time producers and get some advice.'

Daniel smiled as he hoped Duke the best at getting to perform infront of some big-time producers, texting back the message:

'Sure, how about around 3 this afternoon?'

Duke replied quickly:

'Sure, see you at the studio at 3.'

Daniel informed Jay of his plans at leaving at 3 which Jay nodded to.

The friends decided to begin going back home at 10, first Vasco and Jace then Zack walking Mira home, and last with Zoe who surprisingly hugged small Daniel goodbye.

Daniel carried his original body as he told Jay to stay home and rest.

Jay was resistant but Daniel stood firm.

As soon as Daniel closed the door and exited with his original body, 'Jay' smirked.

'I have to find that threat.' he thought as he opened a door to one of the rooms, the dogs bounding out as they growled at 'Jay'.

'Jay' held his hand out to them but they veered away until he turned, walked away, and came back with dog treats.

The dogs were still weary but accepted the treats nonetheless, Enu watching over 'Jay' like a hawk as he went off to get changed and ready to go out and search for that threat.

----

It was around 1 and after taking lunch at some fast food place, Daniel returned home with his original body.

Daniel laid his original body down to rest as he changed into one of the many outfits Jay laid out for him that he deemed casual enough.

Making sure he locked the door to stop another Stalker Arc from occuring, Daniel began walking to the PTJ building.

People stared at him as usual and some girls even asked for his number, Daniel politely declined. After all his eyes were only on Jay.

Daniel stopped infront of the PTJ building, remembering Lasol and Oliver, knowing the two had success in their reach. He remembered when he was training with Duke who did his best and the fruits of his labor moved him into group B.

Checking his phone for the time, Daniel realized he had a good hour to kill.

'I wonder what I should do.' Daniel thought as he heard a car pull up, and screams of fangirls.

Turning his head, Daniel watched as the car door opened but couldn't see who it was coming out.

Something grabbed at Daniel's sleeve as Daniel saw Duke who had come early, and surprised to judging by the look on his face.

"Daniel, let's go before we're mobbed." Duke said as Daniel nodded, fangirls were like wild animals at times.

They entered the familiar studio that Daniel remembered training in as Duke stretched as he got ready to perform the dance that he wanted Daniel to critique.

Daniel sat down comfortably against the wall as he watched Duke prepare, putting his phone on silent to give Duke his full attention.

Duke took a deep breath after deeming himself thoroughly stretched, he looked at Daniel as he said, "Don't be afraid to hurt my feelings, I want to do my best."

"Aren't you going to sing for them too?" Daniel asked as Duke nodded.

"Yup, I got a song prepared. I'll let you hear it after the routine I do." Duke said as he began.

Daniel watched as Duke moved about to the music from the music player that Duke had brought.

'He's improved.' Daniel thought, 'He's added more expression to his movement.'

Once the song had ended and Duke sat down to recover some of his breath, Daniel clapped his hands in approval.

"Wow Duke, you've gotten so much better!" Daniel complimented as Duke beamed.

"Really? You think that I can make it the way my dancing is now?" Duke asked as Daniel nodded with a grin.

"Alright, I'm going to perform the song now." Duke said as he regained his breath and cleared his throat.

Daniel sat back down as he watched Duke, not noticing the door to the studio was opened and a figure was watching them. Watching Daniel specifically.

Daniel listened as he absorbed the words Duke spoke out, some parts were rap some were singing. Daniel could never measure the amount of blood, sweat, and tears Duke put into the lyrics to tell a story of pain and struggle to reach the top.

Daniel felt a tear go down as Duke finished up as he remembered his mom. He vowed to call her to say 'I love you' as soon as he got home and to buy her a lot of new clothes and support her more with his job.

"So how was it Daniel?" Duke asked as he huffed and wiped his forehead with the cleeve of his jacket.

"It was...." Daniel started.

"Reeking of desperation." a voice cut in as Daniel and Duke turned to the sound of the voice.

Duke and Daniel's eyes widened.

'It's... DG? What's he doing here?' Daniel thought as he locked eyes with the pink-haired male.

DG didn't break eye contact with Daniel as he spoke, addressing Duke though his gaze was on Daniel, "Your movements were too rushed and stiff. If you want to keep the song, slow down your movements otherwise go for a faster beat. The song was only marginally better, some lyrics feel crammed in and make it sound like it was written by a middle school poetry teacher with only the basics down."

Duke hung his head as DG ripped into him as Daniel glared.

Daniel was about to speak up but Duke said, "I thought so, the advice you gave me opened my eyes a bit. I'll practice more and revise the lyrics."

Daniel looked over at Duke who's fist were clenched as DG stared down at the two of them.

What surprised Daniel was what Duke asked for next, "Do you mind watching over my performances and correcting me, please DG?"

Daniel expected DG to say no, after all he was a busy guy/idol/CEO, but to Daniel's surprise DG walked over and sat near Daniel against the wall and waved a hand as if to say 'Go on, I don't have all day.'

Daniel stiffened up as he scooted a bit away from DG, not knowing how to feel sitting next to a someone as popular and influential as DG.

DG glanced at Daniel from the corner of his eye before looking over at Duke from behind the sunglasses he wore.

Duke took a breath as the music began before starting.

Not even 10 seconds in DG remarked, "You're being too stiff again, loosen up."

Duke took another deep breath as he stopped the music to start from the beginning as Daniel bit his lip.

The music started again.

Duke started again from the beginning.

This time DG didn't speak up until the dance was over.

Duke looked expectant as Daniel wondered what DG would say, but the guy kept his eyes closed from beneath his sunglasses.

DG sucked in a breath before letting go of it slowly before eying Duke beneath his glasses, "How serious are you to perform in front of thousands, millions, billions of people?"

Duke made a determined face, "I'm willing to do anything I possibly can, give everything I can to be able to prove my worth."

Daniel couldn't help but relate to that, 'Duke really is stronger than I'll ever be.'

DG seemed to swirl the words in his head for a bit before clasping his hands together, elbows on his knees.

"Then, do the dance again with a determined mindset." DG said as Duke nodded, starting up the music and beginning again.

Daniel noticed the more fluid movement, as Duke's face only read determination as he moved his body to the rhythm.

'He's gotten way better with the advice from DG." Daniel thought, 'Well if you call what he said advice.'

DG looked at Daniel again as if he could read his thoughts before looking back at Duke.

The song ended as Duke gasped for air.

"How'd I do?" Duke asked DG.

DG was silent as he looked over at Daniel who was looking at him before back at Duke.

"How do YOU think you did?" DG asked.

Duke didn't hesitate with his response, "I performed the very best I could."

DG blinked.

Daniel blinked.

Duke blinked and huffed.

DG stood up.

He began walking towards Duke.

Duke expected a slap or a punch but instead a cold water bottle was held infront of him.

"Work on your rap a bit more, than run it by me before performing it for those producers." DG said as he turned and began walking to the doors.

Duke nodded as Daniel stood up.

"Thank you, DG!" Duke called out as DG glanced at Daniel before Duke.

DG didn't say anything as he kept walking.

He closed the door behind him as Daniel looked over at Duke who was beaming at being approved of by a top idol.

'Maybe DG isn't so bad.' Daniel thought.

----

DG stood behind the closed door as he sighed.

'I want him.' DG thought as he ran his Chrome Hearts ring covered hand over his hair.

He heard Daniel and Duke talk through the door about how to improve Duke's song before deciding it was time.

DG walked away, his mind not leaving Daniel's image.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.7K 821 50
The vampire world sure is one hell of a secret to discover
Kismet By Wendy

Fanfiction

23.1K 1.7K 37
Lila's life was mediocre at best. Her marriage was falling apart at the seams, she lived paycheck to paycheck, and she lost the passion for life she...
442K 18.4K 113
[Completed] +++++++++++++ "Don't! Why do you need it anyway?" he stays silent and doesn't answer. Once the syringe is pulled out of my arm a drop see...
97.1K 2K 17
nothing ever makes any sense 2016-2017