Treat You Better

By scarletwidow06

Hayden Blakely is a NYU sophomore and cheerleader from South Carolina and a good girl. Natasha pushes her boy... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 2

553 14 0
By scarletwidow06

A few days later she was in the living room doing her homework when everyone came in and Natasha said "Oh there you are."

"What?' she said

"We went to the library where you usually do your homework." Wanda said 

"Oh I just wanted to be alone." she said 

Then they heard her music that was playing when they heard "I Got The Boy" By Jana Kramer. Natasha took her ipod and said "No we aren't doing this anymore Hayden." as she turned off her sad music.

"Nat stop ok." she said as she picked up her stuff and took her ipod and said "I was with him for 3 years Nat he gave me a promise ring before I left he promised me that we would be ok if I went to college here so please for the love of God let me deal with my broken heart the way I want to." as she went the room and slammed the door. 

Wanda looked at Natasha and said "I told you to give her time 3 days isn't time Natasha." 

She cried herself to sleep as she played her music with her headphones. That night Natasha looked out the window of her room and saw Bucky opening up the door for his date and giving her his coat cause she was cold. He may be a heartbreaker but he knew how to treat a girl she knew that she has known him since kindergarten and knew his dad raised him to be a gentlemen. He looked up and seen Natasha and waved a small wave. 

She went out to the living room and said "Wanda how long has Bucky been with Kaci." 

"Almost 4 months why?' Wanda said

"Well never mind then." she said

"What were you going to say." Carol said

"I thought maybe we could set her up with Bucky you know for her to see that not every guy is going to be like Sean that not all the apples are bad. But if Kaci has made it pass his 3 month mark then he must really like her." Natasha said 

"Oh.." Wanda said 

The next morning Wanda found Bucky and said "Hey Buck."

"Hey Wanda Clint is still asleep." he said

"Actually I came to talk to you" she said 

"Me?' he said

"Yeah.. um do you really like Kaci?' she said

"I do we have been together awhile now why?' he said

"Well um Nat has this crazy notion that you could change Hayden's mind about dating. I just thought I would let you know just in case she finds you today." Wanda said

"Why would I be the one to change her mind about dating. I'm not a perfect boyfriend I have my flaws just as much as anyone." he said 

"I don't know just avoid Nat as much as you can Hayden needs time this is the first time she's actually broken up with him and not went running back to him after a few days. The 3 years that they have been together isn't a straight 3 years. I know more than Nat does cause Hayden opens up to me more cause I'm not pushy like Nat is." Wanda said

Bucky saw Hayden walking out of the girl's dorm building and he said "I'll do my best to avoid Nat I do like Kaci I don't mind to be friends with Hayden" and he walked to his class. 

Carol came out of the bushes and said "Nat isn't going to be happy that we told him her plan but he seems like he really likes Kaci Wanda. And granted he is a gentleman to his who ever he is dating I just don't think setting her up with someone is the way to go right now." 

"I agree Carol" Wanda said as they walked to class. 

************

*1 month later*

Bucky flat out told Natasha that he wasn't going break up with Kaci that he really liked her and he wasn't going to ask Hayden out just because she wanted to prove her point to her. It was the weekend of the homecoming dance for the football team they were all in the living room and Wanda went into Hayden's room and said "Hey do you think you can get a group picture for us."

"Sure." Hayden said as she came out in her sleep pants and a t shirt with her red hair in a braid. 

She took the picture and said "Here you go Wanda." and she was about to walk off when Nat said "You sure you don't want to come."

"No.. I told you Nat I'm not doing couple things or dances that require a date besides I didn't get a dress so I'm just going to enjoy my movies and popcorn you all have fun." she said as she went into her room.

They all started to leave and Bucky realized that Nat wasn't lying that Hayden was having a hard time letting go of what he did to her and then he kept hearing Wanda's words she knew more than Natasha it wasn't a perfect relationship in his mind. He went to the dance with Kaci and then he took her back to her dorm after it was over. 

He found Wanda with Clint and said "Hey Wanda can I talk to you for a second." 

"Yeah sure." she said

Clint said "I'll see you back at your dorm babe" as he kissed her cheek.

Bucky and Wanda started to walk and he said "You said you know more than Natasha." 

"I did and so does Carol." Wanda said 

"What is it that Natasha doesn't know." he said

"Well for starters he's cheated on her more than once and he would get mad at her for her dresses being to short or her shorts. He hated her temper that she gets I mean she can get nasty I've seen and heard how she gets with her older sister it's bad. He had a tendency to be controlling and abusive. Last year he forgot her birthday and it's not a hard birthday to forget considering she's a Christmas baby." Wanda said 

Bucky wiped tears and said "Here I thought all guys from the south were nice guys to their girls." 

Wanda's phone started to ring and she said "Hello." 

"Wanda get here now bring Bucky." Clint said

They both went running and they got up to the dorm building and saw an ambulance parked outside and went running upstairs. The EMTS were bringing Hayden out on a stretcher and Wanda said "Oh god Hayden." 

The police came out with Sean and he had scratches and a bloody nose where she fought back. Natasha came out with tears and Steve had a bloody knuckles and Bucky said "What the hell happened?'

Carol came out and said "That son of a bitch found her and came up here and beat her for breaking up with him." 

They all went to the hospital and Natasha called Hayden's grandma and she met them at the hospital and the doctor came out and said "Ok well she's going to be fine. She has a concussion where he hit her over the head a busted blood vessel in her eyes a broken nose and bruises on her neck and ribs." 

Margaret her grandma said "Can we see her?'

"Yes you can." he said

They followed the nurse to her room and Margaret walked over to her grand daughter and said "Baby." She said "I have to call her parents do you all mind to stay here just in case she wakes up." 

"Sure" Natasha said 

Natasha walked over to her and grabbed her hand she whispered "Should of went to the dance." 

"Nat!" Wanda said

"What she wouldn't be laying here if she had went to the dance." Natasha said

"Then he would have found her at the dance Nat he could find any of the other times she's out and about." Carol said

The next morning Hayden woke up and she saw her grandma and she said "grandma" 

"Hey my sweet angel.." she said 

"What happened?' she said as she looked around and saw that she was in the hospital.

"Honey Sean attacked you in your dorm room." her grandma said 

She started to cry and said "I knew he would find me grandma" 

"Don't worry sweetheart he's been charged and I got you a restraining order." her grandma said 

Back on campus Wanda found Bucky and said "I um didn't get to finish telling you stuff." 

"ok.. I was about to go to the hospital to see her." he said as he opened the passenger door for Wanda then he got in on the driver side

"Um the real reason she's been trying to get Nat off her case is because of what happened last night she was afraid if she did try and move on that he would not only come after her and the guy she was dating. See he's able to play her like a fiddle he will play the sweet loving boyfriend card when he needs to and she will fall back into his trap." Wanda said

Bucky said "I just I don't see how Nat has this crazy idea that I can fix her. I mean it breaks my heart that she has a such a heartbreaking story but I'm not this prince charming that Nat has in her head." 

"I know Buck heck we dated freshmen year of high school" she said 

They pulled into the hospital and went to see Hayden. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.6K 572 21
She's a tomboy far from the type he usually goes for considering he's a football star and part of a football legacy. But that all changes when the t...
7.9K 137 11
When Bucky falls hard at 14 for Steve's twin sister Millie their relationship takes you on a wild journey of young love. A/U Not Set In Brooklyn set...
31K 830 34
He hates boring..and that's all his life has become. A boring job that he hates, a boring fiancé who hates everything that he's into and tries to cha...
95.7K 2K 46
Harlow Cooper is a 18 year old who is starting her first year of college..she and her boyfriend Lucas Towns are going to together.. College was suppo...