I'll bet you've never had a F...

By EllNattila

June. The summer vacation was upon us in Beverly Hills. No more getting up early, just hanging with my friend... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six (Extra Chapter)
Chapter To Tell You
A Short Lil' Message

Chapter Seventeen

1.3K 13 0
By EllNattila

Vic’s POV

“Maybe.” Kellin doesn’t normally go for other people’s girlfriends, especially friends. I saw Mike heading for the front door, where was he going? I broke free from Ellie and grabbed her hand to follow me. I coughed. “Mike, where are you going?” He looked nervous.

“Out.” He was hiding something, I knew my brother to well and he knew that. I raised an eyebrow and looked at him.

“I know that, but where? Who to see?” I teased him. Mike turned bright red and I heard Ellie snigger behind me.

“Someone.” I stared at him, he was really starting to annoy me now.

 “We all know it’s a girl Mike, just tell us who and bring her home.”

“Really everyone knows?” I pointed at Ellie.

“Yep, it’s pretty obvious.” She laughed. He looked beaten. Victory to the big brother.

“She’s called Bekka. I really like her Vic, please don’t embarrass me.” He begged. Okay.

“Me embarrass you, what really?” I said sarcastically.

“I mean it Vic.” With that he walked out the door. I turned around to find Ellie biting her lip; she was so much like a sister.

“Where’s Charley?” She asked me looking straight in my eyes, with her piercing blue ones.

“I don’t know, I’ll text her.” I took out my phone and started a text.

“No, call her.” Ellie said sweetly. “Text when you know.”

“Where you going?” I asked her. She turned around and smiled. Well that helped. Something wasn’t right about her smile. She brought a hand to her chest and stroked her scar of the gunshot wound. Her smile faded. “Ellie, no. Don’t it’ll make it worse.” She was going to look at them, she still was damaged, but she was recovering this would make her worse. I grabbed her waist as she was about to run up the stairs.

“Let go Vic!” She struggled in my arms. She was weak after she was shot, by now she would have made it out of my grasp. “I need to do it some time.”

“Not now Ellie. It’s for the best.” She stopped struggling and I loosened my grasp. I turned her round to face me, she was crying again. Aww man, when someone cries I start crying. I pulled her in to another hug.

“Really?” She asked. I nodded. My phone vibrated in my pocket. “Woah that felt weird.” She was smiling again. He smiled was my second favourite, Charley’s being the first. Ellie took a step back, so I could take my phone out. “Where’s Tony?” She asked, she seemed to want to know where people were.

“He is urm, probably at Henri’s parents place. Why?” She looked down.

“I miss Tony.” She sat on the bottom step, I slid next to her. Tony and her were pretty close, they always used to just go and eat Taco’s and take walks together. It was sweet. “I’m gunna go see Nic.”

“Okay.” She kissed me on the cheek and went up to her room.

Ellie’s POV

“Nic, you need to get yourself a man.” I was sitting on her desk chair, spinning around. I heard her laugh.

“Yeh I do.” She was spread on her bed looking at the ceiling.

“How about we go out tonight find you a man?” I heard her consider this. She rolled over on to her front and I stopped spinning.

“How about you stay over!?” She clapped with joy. We hardly ever had girls’ nights out anymore. I nodded and smiled.

“Yeah!!” I screamed. “Come with me to get some clothes.” She stood up and I followed.

“You can borrow some of my stuff.” She spun round stopping me in my tracks. Nic had an amazing fashion sense, I agreed.

“I’m gunna call Jaime to tell him I’m staying over.” I pulled my phone out and I heard Nic groan.

“Come on loosen up a bit, you don’t need to keep him updated, it’s not like he’s Facebook.” I fiddled with my phone, considering what she had just said.

“You’re right.” She smiled triumphantly, as I slid my phone back in my pocket. “What’s the time?” She looked down at her Hello Kitty watch.

“Eight thirty. Shall we get ready now?” She bit her lip and I nodded. Nic being Nic sprung up and started pulling out clothes for me to wear. She gave me black skinnies, and a studded belt, a black Of Mice & Men tee shirt, with just the & sign on formed by writing, and a cropped leather jacket. As she was giving it to me I was putting it on. “It suits you, keep it.” I loved her for this. I smiled a thank you and she handed me a black pair of tattered old Toms. She got herself an outfit, which consisted of a green army jacket as a tee and some black skinnies like mine and biker boots. I wandered in to the bathroom and wondered what to do with my hair. “Put it up in a simple pony, leave your fringe out.” I did as she told me and it looked quite nice actually.

Nic looked pretty, she had her hair the same as me, we looked the same with most things. Tonight people could mistake us for sisters. That was probably her game plan. I laughed to myself.

“What?” Nic turned around smiling.

“We look so similar.” She smiled too. I went over and hugged her. Been a while since I’d done that.

“What was that for?”

“I don’t know.” I shrugged. She smiled again. My phone vibrated in my pocket. It was Vic, why was he ringing me? “Hello?”

“Hey Ellie. I thought you’d be back by now. Hurry up.” Vic said jokingly.

“Why should I?” Matching his tone.

“Come home please.” I hung up the phone. Nic look at me, mascara brush in hand.

“Jaime?” She asked whilst putting another coat of mascara on. I had touched mine up before I came out after all the crying that went on today. I shook my head and turned my phone off, then slid it in my pocket again.

“Vic.” I shook my head again and sighed. “Leave me alone.” I said as I flopped on to Nic’s bed. She laughed and slapped my back.

“Come on let’s go.” I screamed, I was excited. 

Luckily for us, the centre of town wasn’t far away, so we just walked. Nic was so chatty tonight, it rubbed off on me. When we got to the bar, you could feel the buzz from outside; it was Live Mic night tonight. I knew Nic would make me do it and the first thing she said was, “Oh my gosh, do it do it!” I smiled, embarrassed. Nic took my hand and led me to the bar. “Two shots please.” The bartender, Gus, smiled and nodded. We were locals here.

“So Nic, what’s the plan?” I bit my lip anxious to what she was going to say.

“Well, you’re gunna sing and I’m gunna be like that’s my friend up there, isn’t she amazing. But then I say you are in a relationship and so it begins.” I laughed at her enthusiasm.

“Here you go girls. Elliott you singing tonight?” I shrugged my shoulders.

“Come Ellie, it’ll be fun.” I hadn’t been in front of a crowd in a while. I gave in.

“Okay Gus, put me up.” I downed the shot and followed Gus.

“What song?” He handed me a list. So much choice of my favourite songs, I decided to go with Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac. All-time favourite of mine. “Good choice, you’ll be on after this dude.” I looked on stage to find a young boy around my age singing his heart out, to Muther by Letlive. There was so much talent in this world that no one knew about. The boy finished his song and walked past me and smiled. “You’re up Ellie.” Gus said patting my shoulder.

As I got up on the stage, Nic cheered me on. “Come one Ellie!” I laughed at her.

“That is my friend Nic everybody.” I pointed at her. She got a couple of looks from some guys. The plan was going to work. “My name is Elliot Skye’d and I’m singing Go Your Own Way by Fleetwood Mac.” I signalled to Gus to start the song.

‘Loving you

Isn't the right thing to do

How can I

Ever change things that I feel?

If I could

Maybe I'd give you my world

How can I

When you won't take it from me?

You can go your own way!

Go your own way

You can call it another lonely day

Another Lonely day

You can go your own way!

Go your own way

Tell me why

Everything turned around?

Packing up

Shacking up's all you wanna do

If I could

Baby I'd give you my world

Open up

Everything's waiting for you

You can go your own way!

Go your own way

You can call it another lonely day

Another Lonely day

You can go your own way!

Go your own way

You can go your own way!

Go your own way

You can call it another lonely day

Another lonely day

You can go your own way!

Go your own way

You can call it another lonely day

You can go your own way

You can call it another lonely day

You can go your own way

Go your own way.’ During my performance the guy from earlier went and started speaking to Nic. He was a cute boy. He reminded me a lot of Austin Carlile, but a lot more tanned. Once I was finished I had a massive cheer from everyone in the room. I smiled at everyone. “Thank you. If you would like a record of my old band, Catch Me If You Can, it’s called Fairytales.” I walked down the steps and Gus gave me a hug as I handed him the Mic.

“You were amazing; I forgot how good you were.” I reddened.

“Thank you Gus.”

“Free drinks on the house for you and Nic.” He screamed. More and more people were inspired to go up on stage and sing.

“Hey Nic. Who’s this you got here?” I signalled to the boy. He nodded.

“Before that, you were AWSOME out there. Make a new band please!” She begged me.

“I’ll see.” The boy smiled.

“This is Jake.” Jake stuck his hand out and I shook it. He smiled and nodded.

“Jake Lordez. I play lead guitar and sing.”

“You have a very Spanish surname.” He took a sip from his beer and placed it down on the counter.

“Yep, Mexican born, moved he when I was one.” I clapped my hands and laughed.

“Oh my gosh.” Me and Nic exchanged looks.

“We have Mexican friends.” Nic said placing a hand on his shoulder. He turned his head and stared in to her eyes. They was something sparking here. I coughed.

“Shall we go sit at a booth?” I signalled to an empty one, they both nodded and followed me. The red leather seats smelt of disinfectant. It made me sneeze.

“Do you play anything?” Jake asked both of us. We both nodded.

“I slap the bass.” Nic answered.

“And you?” Jake asked me.

“Well I can play drums, bass and guitar but in my old band I played Rhythm guitar and was lead vocals. I prefer to do that.” Jake nodded with an impressed look on his face. At that moment Gus walked over with a Martini for me and two beers for Nic and Jake.

“Do you not like beer?” I shook my head and smiled.

“No.” Nic smiled at me. “What?”

“You were drinking it the other day, Tony told me.” I reddened.

“I was upset okay.” She smiled at me, her face said ‘sure’. “I was ask Vic.” Jake seemed to be slightly confused at who we were talking about. We sat there drinking and talking, Jake was interested in starting a band and was very interested in Nic. “You two should get together.” I slurred. Jake looked at Nic and nodded.

“I agree.” Nic’s face turned red. “Nic will you go out with me?” She bit her lip and nodded. Jake threw himself on her and hugged her, I just sat there laughing.

“See I told you, you would find someone.” I looked up as the door to the bar opened. Kellin walked in, looking for someone. I stood up. “I’ll be right back.” Jake’s eyes lit up.

“Is-is that Kellin Quinn?” Nic nodded. “I’m a huge fan.” Jake followed me to Kellin. Kellin seemed embarrassed at my presence. I introduced Jake to Kellin. “I’m a huge fan.” Jake shook his hand and got his phone out. “Picture?” Kellin nodded. Aww, Jake was star struck.

“Get used to this Jake.” I smiled and waved him off as he went back over to Nic.

“Who’s that?” Kellin signalled to Jake.

“Nic’s new boyfriend met him tonight.” Kellin raised his eyebrow. “Why you here?”

“I came to find you.” My face fell.

“How did you find me?” I tilted my head.

“Vic said you were with Nic and the most likely place you would be was at the bar.” He shrugged his shoulders and looked at the floor. “You look nice.” He looked up, nervous.

“If this is about what happened earlier, Kellin it doesn’t matter.” He took my hands in his.

“It does matter Ellie, I am just so sorry. I don’t know what came over me.” I silenced him by pulling him in to hug. He smelled nice, similar to what he did in High school. He took a deep breath. “I missed you Ellie.” I kissed him on the cheek and buried my head in his shoulder.

“I did too Kellin.” I didn’t know what else to say to him. “Why did you leave?” He pushed me away and we stood there him thinking of what to say.

“I just felt so embarrassed.” He stuttered. I stroked his arm.

“Go back to my home and stay longer, I haven’t told Jaime but I told Vic and he won’t anyone, it can be our little secret.” He nodded.

“Did you feel anything?” I shook my head, he looked disappointed.

“Ever since we broke up and became good friends I have felt nothing towards you. I’m sorry, just go back and stay longer.” He gave me another hug and walked out, his head hung low. I still didn’t know what to say to him to make it better.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

479K 17.4K 30
(Mature content) (Highest ranks listed) (Editing slowly) A simple last night out with my girls before I move to America. Drinks are flowing, hips mov...
2.7M 73K 35
With more on her plate than any 18-year-old should endure, Clarity's driven to a rooftop with a plan that's cut short by a certain lover boy who save...
3.9K 51 36
I waited by the window watching for the headlights of a car pull in the drive. They finally shone in the window pane, I sighed and hopped down off my...
155K 3.3K 36
Being in an abusive relationship is hard, but leaving is even harder. I never thought my sweet, charming boyfriend I met freshman year of college wou...