Trying to survive sequal to F...

By Zombiegirl_08

Maxcine and Daryl have been through a lot at this point. Their relationship has seen its good and bad days. B... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Authors Note

Chapter 23

93 3 0
By Zombiegirl_08

Daryl's P.O.V

Now that I have someone who thinks the same way as me I great. Maggie and I are going to stop Rick and make him see what he has been doing. I have not seen a lot of Max lately. She has been attached to Rick's hip. I don't know what they are up to. He is trying to teach her things. I think he wants her to carry on what he wants to do. She is the right person in his eyes. She was the first one to give Ricks way a chance besides Michonne. She agrees with his way. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I herd Jerry talking to Rick. Jesus told Rick what was going on. I did not need him getting in the way. Now I need Rick out of the way.

"Hey. What's going on" I asked walking up.

I needed to act like I did not know what was going on. I needed Rick to trust me.

"Maggie's heading to Alexandria. She might do something she will regret" said Rick.

He went to saddle up a horse. 

"Hop on. I will take you" I said.

"You sure you have enough fuel" asked Rick.

"Yeah plenty" I said.

He nodded. Then Max came running up. 

"He I need to go to Alexandria. Are you in" asked Rick.

"Yeah. Let me get my bike" she said.

I taught her how to ride a motorcycle. She was a pro at it. I waited for her to get ready. I led the way and she followed. I hate doing this to both of them but I don't need max doing things for Rick that is going to get her in trouble.

After awhile we were coming up on the turn. I was hoping Rick did not notice but he did. I could tell by the way he was moving on the bike.

"That was the way back there" he said.

I ignored him. 

"Pull over. Pull over" he yelled.

I stopped the bike and got off. I did what I had to do. He can get mad all he wants.

"What's going on" asked Max getting off her bike. 

"What is this" asked Rick.

"You know exactly what this is" I said.

"I already called it in. Maggie is not making it through those gates" said Rick.

"That message did not go through" I said.

"You messed with the relay" asked Max.

She looked so confused right now.

"This time it will go the way it is supposed to" I said.

Maxcine's P.O.V

I was so confused right now. I thought we were going back to Alexandria but Daryl led us far out. Then I find out that him and Maggie are working together to stop Rick. I needed some serious filling in but before I could ask the two of them went tumbling down a hill into a giant hole. I really did not know how they were going to get out. I looked down at them as they looked up at me. 

"Those roots are the only way of getting out" I herd Rick say.

He tried to jump up and grab one but he missed and fell hard.

"God dammit. Did you set that up too" asked Rick.

"You really blaming this on me" asked Daryl.

I honestly don't know what I am supposed to do. I am just laying on my stomach looking down into this hole.

"Your the one who had to go chasing after her. You could not let things be" said Daryl.

'You know what keeping Negan alive means to us" said Rick.

"I know what seeing him dead mans to her" said Daryl.

Why is he on Maggie's side. I don't understand why people can not let things be. This is how our lives are now. 

"Daryl I get why she can't except it. I do. Her never coming to Alexandria" said Rick before I cut in.

"The way she hung Gregory" I said and the two guys looked up to me.

"I know. I'm not blind" said Rick.

"You sure as hell been acting like it. Man your ass would not be alive if it was not for Glenn. You would not have found Lori, you would not have found Carl, and you sure  would not have found any of us. He did that, or did you forget said Daryl. 

My mouth dropped. How could be bring up Glenn. I started to tear up when I herd Carl.

"Of course not. I think about it every damn day. I hate what I did to her, what I took from her, but it is what I had to do" said Rick.

"Now she is doing what she has to do" said Daryl.

"What, your okay with that" asked Rick.

"Why the hell wouldn't I be" said Daryl.

I think they forgot I am up here. I am finding out more and more listening. If this was not a walker infested forest, I would think I was watching this on T.V.

"You spared Dwight. After Denise, after what he did to you" I yelled down.

I hate Dwight. He killed Denise and he was the one who help Negan do what he did to Daryl. He should have been killed when someone had the chance.

"You mean locking me in a damn closet. Parade me around so I could not say nothing. You got that guy sitting in a damn cell like a symbol. To all them asshole that can't  wait for things to go back to the way that they were" said Daryl.

"Keeping him alive is making sure that they won't" screamed Rick.

"No. Keeping him alive is giving them hope" said Daryl.

I understand where they both are coming from. Rick wants to keep him alive to make sure he does not go back to the way he was. He says that all lives matter. He is right about that. Daryl is saying he needs to be dead to give Maggie peace of mind for killing Glenn. I just don't think that Negan needs to die. 

"Michonne talked to her. She came to camp. She was coming around" said Rick.

"Yeah she was trying, but the truth was is that she could not live with it. Just like oceanside" said Daryl.

"Oceanside. You said oceanside killed those saviors" said Rick.

"They got what they deserved" said Daryl.

"You knew and you did not tell me or say anything" I asked.

"Truth is I could not live with it either" said Daryl.

I was surprised by what came out of his mouth.

"If she kills him and he dies, then he becomes a martyr. The war was for nothing, everyone who died was for nothing. Carl died for nothing" said Rick trying to fight back tears. 

I started to cry again. I miss Carl so much.

"What about the rest of us. You don't think after all the shit we've been through we could not handle it. You keep asking us to have faith in all these different people. The truth is you don't have enough faith in us, or should I say some of us" said Daryl looking up at me.

Rick followed his gaze. I can not help that Rick trusts me. By seeing what has gone down today I can see why that he has no faith in anyone else. i just hope that we can get passed our differences and come together. Daryl and Maggie need to get over that this is the way things have to be done. Rick has never done us wrong in the past. Why would he start now. 

"You know that is not true" said Rick.

"I would die for you. I would die for her too. You know i would die for Carl. You got to hear me. Your chasen something that is not ment to be for him. You just have to let him go" said Daryl.

"I never asked anyone to follow me" said Rick.

"I know. Maybe you should" said Daryl.

I felt something good come out of the end of that conversation. I feel like they are good now. Maybe we can find a way to get them out of this Damn hole now. Until we herd gun shots.

"Sounds like that came form camp" I said.

"Those herds" Rick said.

Daryl started to boost Rick up so he could grab a root. I was looking out for any signs of walkers. Rick got up on a root. Then I seen walkers coming. I had an Idea. 

"Use them" I said.

I knocked a few walkers in the hole while I tried to stop more from going in. I was hard with one person.

After they were both out I was relieved. Now we need to get out of here. I want to get back to hilltop and see my daughter. I also want to find out from my sister personally why her and Daryl are doing these things. I can tell the next few days or weeks are not going to be good.

"Come on let's go" said Daryl.

"He did not have to tell me twice. I was already on my bike.

"No. I'm gonna stay back and lead them away from the camp" said Rick.

"What" I said.

"I'm staying" said Rick.

"No man" said Daryl.

"I am not giving up on it. Not yet" said Rick.

"The River. Take them to the bridge. The river will wash them away" said Daryl.

"No. I am not giving up on the bridge. I will find another way" said Rick.

"There's not another way" I yelled.

"I am not destroying the bridge. We need it" said Rick.

"Fine" said Daryl.

"Be safe" I said.

"You too" he said back.

We were off. I hate how hard headed Rick is. It just shows what a good leader is too. Following Daryl back to camp was tough. I could not help thinking what was going on with him and Maggie. Is it something that I should be worried about. I really need to talk to my sister. This next few days might be bigger that any of us could handle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 28.1K 65
I didn't want her to know about him, to know about the man that had left us behind. But now that he was back, how could I hide it? How could I hide t...
16.9K 572 14
Sequel to the first 'You're Not Alone' The reader and Daryl have started to settle into life at Alexandria, but once the group runs into the Saviours...
697 79 18
** SECOND BOOK TO LOVERS AND ENEMIES ** Years later, the community move on to better things and new challenges, but will their new missions be too mu...
28.9K 846 28
Hiraeth: Longing for a home one cannot have or never had. While residing at the farm with Hershel, Rick and Shane find themselves in big trouble in t...