Mockingjay's Daughter

By SashaLockwood

This is the story of Ivy Primrose Mellark. She's the daughter of Katniss and Peeta. Now the Hunger Games are... More

Mockingjay's Daughter
Chapter 2
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
CONTEST!
Ideas and Thoughts... And a Plan
Chapter 6:)
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Ideas!:)
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Any ideas?
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Summary of my new book: IN IT TO WIN IT!
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15:
Chapter 16:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19:
New Story: The River House

Chapter 17:

1.8K 42 21
By SashaLockwood

I need 10 votes and 20 comments to upload the next chapter! Please fan! Important Author's Note at the bottom!!

Chapter 17:

            I was hiking throughout the maze looking for a water source. My mouth was parched. It was lonely without Shine. I never thought I’d say that. I longed for home. For Skylar. For Mother and Father. I wanted to be hugged. To be told, “I love you.” But that wouldn’t happen until I won.

            Lost in my thoughts, I didn’t even notice the rain. Rain! I cupped my hands and waited for the water to fill my palms. But my hands started burning. A droplet landed on my arm. I screamed in pain. It was like fire. Like a searing acid. It wasn’t rain that was falling; it was acid. How would I get out of this?

            And just when I thought it was a lost cause, a parachute appeared. My first gift. I ran towards it and opened the big container. It was full of cloth. I pulled it out and it popped open. A tent appeared in front of me. I let out a sigh of relief and crawled into the opening, zipping it up when I was inside.

            There was a sleeping bag and another bag next to it. Curiosity got the better of me and I reached inside the bag. I pulled out a piece of paper and peered down at it. I instantly got tears in my eyes when I recognized my mother’s writing.

Dear Ivy,

I am so proud of you. Words can’t express what I’m feeling. I’m sad and angry that you are having to go through this. No one ever should.

I just hope this letter will help you keep going. I remember the day

when you were born like it was yesterday. I was so scared knowing that

I held something so fragile and perfect in my arms. You’ve grown up in the blink of an eye. Your father and I are doing everything in our control to make sure you come

back to us. I love you so much, Ivy. Never, ever give up.

Love, Mother.

I wiped the tears from my eyes and reread her letter. I would do this. For her and for the rest of my family. I reached into the bag and pulled out three more things: another piece of paper, a bottle of burn cream, and a canister of water. I looked at the paper and recognized Skylar’s artwork. It was a picture of a girl hugging a little boy. It was a picture of me and Sky.

Come home to me, Ivy.

I was planning to do just that. After this acid storm passed, I would go hunt down the last tribute. Then I would be going home.

I need 10 votes and 20 comments to upload the next chapter! Please fan!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to ask if I should post my new story, IMMUNE. It's about a witty, sarcastic girl who discovers she's immune to an insane virus that the government released. She's hunted down with her other immune friends. Lots of sarcasm and action in it. A little bit of romance too! 

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT, FAN, AND VOTE!

xoxo, S.L

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 13 30
When Primrose is reaped, her eldest sister, Lily, volunteers. Will she manage to make it out of the Games alive? Will she come back to the epic roman...
3.5K 41 38
Katniss and Peeta Mellark have two kids, Jace who is 11 and Primrose who is 12. They're having a normal life, until they watch television. They come...
71.2K 911 43
Set after Mockingjay part 2, the 2 victors have their differences. Peeta; a simple man who has one desire, Katniss. He is still scared from the horro...
31.1K 549 50
The rebellion is over, and Katniss and Peeta are married. This story is told by the perspective of their 14 year old daughter, Primrose. She has aske...