Mockingjay's Daughter

Chapter 1:

The smell of my father's baking rose me from a deep sleep. The sun was just beginning to rise making the world outside a range of colors, orange, pink, and red. I climbed out of my bed and walked into the hallway. My father was in the kitchen baking a new batch of bread. I smiled and walked over to the couch. I flipped through the photo album my parents had made. There were many pictures of them together. Some were of Prim and my mother standing together smiling. Many of my father's paintings and drawing were incorporated in the album, too. I flipped to my favorite photo. It was of my mother, father, my brother and I. Haymitch had taken it in the meadow that my brother, Skylar, and I loved to play in. I closed the book and walked over to my father.

"Good Morning Father." I said.

"'Morning Ivy. How did you sleep?" He asked.

"Fine. Where's Mother?" I asked.

"Where do you think she is?" I pondered this for a moment. It was a Sunday morning, roughly around seven in the morning. Then it hit me.

"The woods!" I said.

Father laughed and nodded his head. I giggled and walked back to my room to get ready for the day. I pulled on a blue shirt and white pants and tried to tame my dark brown hair, but gave up. I pulled it into a long side-braid. I wandered back down to the main part of the house. Pulling on my hunting boots, I bid my father good-bye and walked outside and into the woods. I opened the gate to the forest and hiked into the greenery. There was nothing more beautiful than a morning in the woods. I looked around for Mother. I took my bow and arrows and headed up to the pond where my Aunt Prim was buried. Mother always went there in the morning. I reached the pond, but someone was already there sitting by Prim's grave. It wasn't my Mother. It was a man. He looked like my mother though. He had that dark hair and the standard Seam eyes. Gray. He seemed familiar.

"Who are you?" I asked, venom oozing from my voice.

He turned around, shocked. "I'm someone. The better question would be who you are." The man said.

"Ivy." I said.

"So, Ivy, what are you doing here in the woods by yourself?" He asked.

I laughed. "I'm not by myself."

"Then who are you with?"

"My Mother."

"And who would that be?"

"Someone. Who are you?"

"Someone."

"Well, Someone, get away from Prim's grave or I will shoot you."

"I highly doubt that you could shoot me."

"You really shouldn't have said that." I grabbed an arrow and aimed it at the tree above this man's head. I let the arrow soar through the air and hit the tree. I smirked.

"You're a sharp shoot."

"I get it from my Mother."

"And that would be?"

"Katniss Mellark."

His face changed from white to a brilliant red. Who was this pysco

"As in Katniss Everdeen?" He asked.

"Why should I tell you?" I said.

"Ivy! What are you doing?" A familiar voice said. I turned around. Mother.

"I was looking for you and then I saw him here."

"Saw who?" Then Mother noticed the man. She just stared at him.