Chapter 17:

I need 10 votes and 20 comments to upload the next chapter! Please fan! Important Author's Note at the bottom!!

Chapter 17:

            I was hiking throughout the maze looking for a water source. My mouth was parched. It was lonely without Shine. I never thought I’d say that. I longed for home. For Skylar. For Mother and Father. I wanted to be hugged. To be told, “I love you.” But that wouldn’t happen until I won.

            Lost in my thoughts, I didn’t even notice the rain. Rain! I cupped my hands and waited for the water to fill my palms. But my hands started burning. A droplet landed on my arm. I screamed in pain. It was like fire. Like a searing acid. It wasn’t rain that was falling; it was acid. How would I get out of this?

            And just when I thought it was a lost cause, a parachute appeared. My first gift. I ran towards it and opened the big container. It was full of cloth. I pulled it out and it popped open. A tent appeared in front of me. I let out a sigh of relief and crawled into the opening, zipping it up when I was inside.

            There was a sleeping bag and another bag next to it. Curiosity got the better of me and I reached inside the bag. I pulled out a piece of paper and peered down at it. I instantly got tears in my eyes when I recognized my mother’s writing.

Dear Ivy,

I am so proud of you. Words can’t express what I’m feeling. I’m sad and angry that you are having to go through this. No one ever should.

I just hope this letter will help you keep going. I remember the day

when you were born like it was yesterday. I was so scared knowing that

I held something so fragile and perfect in my arms. You’ve grown up in the blink of an eye. Your father and I are doing everything in our control to make sure you come

back to us. I love you so much, Ivy. Never, ever give up.

Love, Mother.

I wiped the tears from my eyes and reread her letter. I would do this. For her and for the rest of my family. I reached into the bag and pulled out three more things: another piece of paper, a bottle of burn cream, and a canister of water. I looked at the paper and recognized Skylar’s artwork. It was a picture of a girl hugging a little boy. It was a picture of me and Sky.

Come home to me, Ivy.

I was planning to do just that. After this acid storm passed, I would go hunt down the last tribute. Then I would be going home.

I need 10 votes and 20 comments to upload the next chapter! Please fan!

Hey everyone! Just wanted to ask if I should post my new story, IMMUNE. It's about a witty, sarcastic girl who discovers she's immune to an insane virus that the government released. She's hunted down with her other immune friends. Lots of sarcasm and action in it. A little bit of romance too! 

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT, FAN, AND VOTE!

xoxo, S.L