Chapter 10:

I NEED THREE VOTES AND FOUR COMMENTS TO POST THE NEXT CHAPTER!

Chapter 10:

            “Did you hear that?” I asked Grant.

            “Yes,” He said breathlessly.

            I grabbed my bow and loaded an arrow. I cautiously stood up and did a 360. I didn’t see anything. Multiple howls sounded in the cold air; I heard a scream and the sound of a cannon. More howls filled the now silent arena; this time they were closer.

            “What do we do?” I asked Grant.

            “We run.”

            I swiftly grabbed my backpack and began sprinting away from the wolves. With Grant behind me, we ran from the howls. I frantically continued checked behind me.

            “What now?” I whispered.

            “I don’t know,” Grant said. “I guess we just run.”

            His plan shattered when we say three pairs of eyes in front of us. I glanced at Grant; his eyes were wide with terror. The haunting blue and gray eyes of the wolves startled me. They seemed so familiar, but I couldn’t place it. We slammed to a halt. I loaded another arrow and waited for the wolves to attack.

            They walked silently around us. They were the size of small horses: huge for a wolf. Two wolves had sandy-blond coats while the other one, a she-wolf, had a dark coat. The she-wolf walked with a kind of grace that paralyzed me. The bigger sandy wolf was clumsy and the small blond wolf had a child-like nature about him.

            “What do we do now?” I asked.

            Grant remained silent, watching the familiar wolves circle us. Multiple cannons filled the air, causing Grant and I to jump.

            “Ivy, look at them,” Grant said, his voice hoarse, “Really look at them.”

            I studied the wolves more. The coat and eye colors and the behaviors added up: The wolves were my family. Well, made to look like my family. The she-wolf was Mother, with her stealth and eyes; Skylar was the childish wolf; Father was the clumsy wolf, with the big blue eyes.

            The Mother-wolf growled at me and the others followed in suit. They took a step closer to us, teeth barred. The only way out of this was to kill them. A burning sensation flamed in my heart. It would be like killing my family.

            But this isn’t your real family, Ivy, I reminded myself. If you don’t kill them, they will kill you.

            I gripped my bow tighter and pulled the arrow back. I glanced over at Grant. He nodded. I took a deep breath and let the arrow fly, hitting the Father-wolf in the eye. I felt a tear fall down my cheek. I loaded another arrow and hit the Mother-wolf. More tears. I turned towards the Skylar-wolf.

            “I’m sorry, Sky,” I whispered. “I love you.”

            I let the arrow fly. I closed my eyes before it hit him, directly in the eye. I was now openly sobbing. Grant walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me.

            “It’s going to be okay, Ivy,” He told me.

            “I’m not sure if it is.”

            I collapsed in his arms, sobbing out all of my heartache. 

I NEED THREE VOTES AND FOUR COMMENTS TO POST THE NEXT CHAPTER!

THANKS TO EVERYONE READING! IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS, I WOULD BE EXTREMELY GRATEFUL IF YOU WOULD MESSAGE ME THEM!