Chapter 19:

Chapter 19:

The train ride home was quiet, which left me room to think about my past few weeks and the future ahead of me. Surely, I will have nightmares about the terrors of the last weeks. I will certainly never be the same again. The Capitol ruined my chance at a semi-normal life. I can't get the faces of the people I've killed out of my head. I can't forget the feeling of Grant's lips on mine before I murdered him. I get the horrifying screams of the boy I just killed out of my own mind. The Capitol ruined me. All for entertainment.

My district will have food, though. There is a good thing coming out of my suffering. And I'll get to see my family again. My heart pulsed with the anticipation of seeing my brother and parents. I can't wait to wrap my arms around Skylar's little body. But in just a few years, he would be eligible for the Reaping.

The train lurched to a stop. My heart jumped into my throat. My palms became sweaty and my body tingled. I stood up and straightened my dress. I placed my foot in front of the other and walked towards the train door. Outside, the sky was blue, not a cloud in sight. In front of me, District 12 was crowded around the small platform. They erupted into cheers when they saw me standing in my blue dress. I gave a small wave and looked for my family. My face lit up when I saw Skylar sitting on my father's shoulders. Mother was standing next to him, tears flowing down her face. Tears were forming in my eyes too.

I jumped off the train platform and ran into the crowd. People parted for me, as I ran towards my family. I reached my mother first. I hugged her fiercely, tears now spilling out of my eyes.

"Shhh," Mother said. "It's okay. It's okay."

"Ivy!" Skylar screamed. "Ivy!"

"Skylar," I said. "Come give me a hug!"

As my father put Skylar down, I wrapped my arms around Father.

"I missed you," I told him. "I thought I would never see you again."

"You're here now, sissy," Skylar said.

"Oh, Sky, I've missed you."

I grabbed him and gave him the world's biggest hug.

"I'm home, Skylar," I said. "I'm safe and home."

THE SEQUEL, MOCKINGJAY'S REDEMPTION, IS UP! Also check out my story The Curse!

XOXO, Sasha!