Dark Times

Par musicnotes

[complete]When agent Katerina Wild is hired to kill the most vicious criminal of the time, she meets the noto... Plus

Character Aesthetics
I: Angioletto
II: Cretino
III: Trapped
IV: Birds
V: Chamber
VI: Hand, Head, Heart
VII: Stuck
VIII: Scissors
IX: Eloise
X: Fuckarella
XI: Hallucinate
XII: Kiss with a Fist
XIII: Stockholm
XIV: Red Light
XV: The Orphanage
XVI: Forest
XVII: Unspoken
XVIII: Papá
XIX: Niall
XIX(ii): Heat
XX: Noon
XXI: Two Ghosts
XXII: Stella
XXIII: Dinner
XXIV: Wonderland
XXV: Walk Alone
XXVI: Ready
XXVII: Gasoline
XXVIII: Arrival
XXIX: Arthur
XXX: Katerina
XXXI: Nervous
XXXII: Amore
XXXIII: Before the Storm
XXXIV: Sì, Yes
XXXV: Silence
XXXVI: Crash
Epilogue: Bright Times

XXXVII: Control

3.3K 152 107
Par musicnotes

Song: Control - Halsey

When I woke up I could still feel the pain of the hit in my head. I don't know if it was just my imagination or if I had really seen Harry. It was all messing with my head.

I woke up in a dark, quiet room and I sat up, looking around until my eyes fell on someone sitting nearby.

Damien

I was on my feet immediately, "You son of a bitch I'm going to kill you!" I ran toward him, my fist collided with his face before he could grab my hands, but then he did and he pushed my against the wall.

"Listen to me, Katerina!" He yelled, and I kneed him in the stomach, pushing him away.

"You killed him!" I sobbed, "you killed him!" I ran after him again but he backed away quickly, hands in the air.

"He's not dead! He's not!" He shouted back, "It was part of the plan!" He whispered and I stopped.

"What?"

"Shh keep your voice down!" He warned.

"What fucking plan?" I whispered, feeling relief rise within me even though I wouldn't be sure he was alive until I saw him again, well this time.

"The plan was to have Harry pretend he was dead, and come after Felicity himself. He got caught though! And she kept him here instead of killing him! I lied and told her he must've found help but you guys are in deep shit now."

I almost fell, this was absolutely unreal. "Why wasn't I told any of this? Where's my dad?"

His blue eyes met mine and he drew in a long breath. "Because you wouldn't have stayed away! And look how that turned out. Felicity is smarter than you think! Smarter than all of us. She hijacked your dad's jet into bringing him here and they must've found out and tried to stop him so they crashed!"

"Is he okay? Is Harry okay?"

"They're fine. She's keeping them but she wants me to bring you there." He murmured, and I felt my knees go weak. This was it. She had all she wanted now.

"What.. what are we going to do?" I breathlessly asked, and he shook his head.

"I don't know. I'll see if I can come up with something but we need to go before she suspects something. Come on," he said, opening the door.

And I followed after him.
We walked through the unfamiliar hall until we reached a door. And then he opened it, and pressed his gun against me but mouthed an, "I'll help you,"

I walked into the room, still pressing my hand to my head to control the pain but it was still there, along with the feeling of Damien's gun pressing on my back. And when I walked in I was shocked at the sight in front of me.

The plane crash had created a huge fire that could be seen from the giant shattered windows, and Felicity stood in front of them, her back to me. It was my first time seeing her face to face.

Next I noticed the two bodies laying on the floor, apart from each other. One was my dad, who still had bruises from the crash he just survived, but he was passed out, I took in a sharp breath, that bitch. The other was Harry, and I felt both relief and fear within me. It was like breathing again, I wanted to run to him and kiss him.

I knew we wouldn't get time to talk or say the things we both wanted to say. Felicity had gotten what she wanted, she was going to kill me in front of my father.

She turned around, and her blue eyes met mine. We had the same eyes, it was so crazy to consider this woman my aunt.

"Katerina," she smiled, as if she hadn't ruined my life. "I'm so glad we get to finally meet. I'm sure you know who I am. Damien, close the door and lock it, we don't need anyone else in here."

He did as she was told, and pushed me forward.

"Well come close, we should chat." She sweetly smiled. I pressed against my jaw.

"Do you really think I want to talk to you, Aunt? Why don't we just get it over with?" I snarled, and her smile just widened.

"Straight to the point. Just like your mother. Sad, sorry you lost her." She actually looked sad for a second, but the sinister laugh that followed it reassured me she was nothing but a cold hearted bitch.

"I'd do anything to kill you." I bluntly replied.

"Too bad things didn't work like that. I'm sorry that things had to come to this, if my sister had you with another man I would've loved you." She said, pacing around the room.

"Funny that you're still hung up on a man who obviously wants nothing to do with you, or ever did. Get over it, sister, get some ice cream and move the fuck on." I spat once again, and this time I saw the anger build up on her face.

She walked toward me, I didn't move an inch until she was in front of me. "He did love me. Your mother was just a horny slut, and your dad a traitor."

I couldn't help myself, I really couldn't. I raised my hand and slapped her so hard I heard the echo in the room. Once again she just smiled. "I was going to kill you in front of your father, but he had a convincing argument and this attitude you have just sealed that deal."

I breathed heavily, waiting for her to continue. "He wanted me to kill him instead, but I think we can compromise. Your boyfriend and that traitor are both drugged, they're probably waking up at this moment but they won't have movement for a while."

She walked back to stand next to my father, who seemed to be opening his eyes. They locked on mine. I looked at Harry, he was already awake, just staring at me silently but they couldn't move.

She kneeled down next to my father, and pressed the gun against his temple. I felt a tear run down my cheek, she wouldn't. She still loved him.

"Damien!" She yelled, and Damien moved quickly to do the same to Harry. Then she picked up another gun and threw it at me.

"There's one bullet in there. You have one choice, you either kill Arthur, or Harry, the 'love' of your life."

I took in a sharp breath, looking at the gun pressed against my foot. There was no way I could do that.

"If you try anything they're both dead. Now pick up the fucking gun." She yelled, and I shakingly bent down to pick up the gun.

"You have a minute, or they're both dead." And I ignored her, and looked at my dad.

He had given up everything to protect me and my mother, and even after her death he gave up the chance to get to know me just to protect him. I couldn't.

And then I looked at Harry, the man who showed me what true love was. Already feeling what I would feel if he had truly die, I knew I couldn't live my life without him, he was my entire world and more.

I couldn't.

"Tick tock!" She yelled, and I felt the tears swell up in my eyes as I pointed the gun upwards, toward my father, and then Harry... and then... back at myself. I closed my eyes. I would rather die.

When I heard the gun fire I looked down at myself, it wasn't me. And then I looked at Felicity's whose scream filled the room while she dropped the gun to the floor. Damien had shot her in the hand

She looked up at him in screamed.

"What are you doing? Shoot her again."

"These guns only have one bullet!"

I pointed my gun at her, and shot the only shot I had but she moved quickly. She had also trained well, but when she reached down for her own gun using her other hand Damien lunged at her and they both fell on the floor.

She kicked him in the jaw and he fell back, she stood up and lunged at him screaming. "You traitor, how dare you."

I ran to Harry, he just looked at me, and I tried to get him up. When I looked back Damien and Felicity were still going at it, and when I thought he was about to know her out she pulled out a knife from her shoe and stabbed him in the stomach.

"No!" I cried, he turned to look at me, taking a few steps back before collapsing on the floor.

And then I ran for her, my punch ready and pressed against her nose. She moved back, before kicking me in the head, hard. I had already gone through a concussion so my head was still tender and I felt my vision blur.

"Back to the original plan." She growled, moving to pick up the gun from the floor and Damien grunted, and I looked at the knife inside him. He pointed at it.

I grabbed it and took it out of him in a second, and when Felicity came to grab me, to force my dad, who was gaining movement along with Harry, to see me die, her body pressed against mine.

Except I had the knife in front of me, and it impaled her. Hard. I thrusted it deeper inside her and her eyes met mine, a tear fell down her eye, and mine. My hands were shaking, this obviously wasn't the first time I killed, but this kill ended all the killing.

She grunted, looking down at her heart when the knife had impaled and then back at me. I knocked the gun out of her hand and growled before putting my feet together and jumping, kicking her in the face hard. She flew back, and through the broken windows into the fire.

I took a deep breath, looking back at my dad and Harry shakingly who were now standing up and then walking back to them to help them.

"Oh, thank god you're okay." My dad said, slowly bringing me to his arms. I hugged him back hard.

"I thought she was going to kill you." I cried in his shirt.

Then I looked back at Harry, who was watching us and I moved toward him quickly. He grabbed my waist and brought me to him, hugging me just like my dad had. And then he pulled back and pressed his lips against me, hard. I pressed my hands through his hair and kissed him back, but he pulled away quickly.

"I love you so fucking much. That's the one thing in this life I'm sure of." He said, pressing his forehead to mine, and cleaning my tears with his fingers.

"I love you so much. I thought I lost you I completely lost my mind." I kept crying, and he kissed me again.

I went over to Damien's body, where he lay with his eyes open and kneeled down next to him to close them. He looked like he was asleep. I did love him at one point, I wasn't truly in love like I am with Harry but I cared for him, and he only wanted his freedom. It wasn't fair, I couldn't hold the tears. Harry was watching me but I know he understood. I leaned down and pressed a kiss to his cheek. "You'll be in a better place." I whispered.

Then I stood, and quietly walked toward the window, looking at the sunrise and the fire and debris from the plane, and I felt Harry's arms wrap around me from behind and my father came to stand next to me.

"I'm really proud of you." He said, looking at me with a sad smile.

"We all are." Harry whispered against my hair, hugging me tightly.

"So what do we do now?" I asked, the war was over... none of us knew how to go on without it.

"We heal. We live." My Dad replied, taking my hand in his and squeezing it.

We stayed there for a while, watching the fire die slowly and more planes land, probably to rescue us. When the sun set and they had found us, we sat in the plane quietly, Harry with me while my dad, who was asleep, enjoyed the bliss of peace for once.

Harry's arms around me gave me that peace, I knew with him by my side I would be able to heal, I'd be able to live, and would always feel the strongest amount of love.

The dark times were over.

The End

a/n:

Wow what a ride! If you enjoyed this story don't be silent and say some things or share!

Posting the epilogue soon!

Delilah E.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

160K 5.9K 53
After being rescued from a violent attack, Josephine is caught in the middle of a war between a cult of murderers and the vigilantes determined to st...
1.2K 66 6
You get the rare opportunity to interview Taylor Swift. She leaves you with more questions than answers and a bit less blood than when you arrived. ...
211K 10.1K 57
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
8.3K 850 31
(COMPLETED) two idiots who are best friends and try not to break, burn, or shatter anything. Completed January 9.