Foolhardy // vminkook

By Jron_Jungkook_lover

"At that, he got him by his shoulder and pushed him against the lockers, slightly levitating him from the gro... More

intro
Chapter one ~ a fresh Start
Chapter two ~ a friend
Chapter three ~ monster
Chapter four ~ innocent
Chapter five ~ second chance
Chapter six ~ hospital
Chapter seven ~ new feelings
Chapter eight ~ the kiss
Chapter nine ~ confronting fears
Chapter ten ~ severing ties
Chapter eleven ~ apologies
Chapter twelve ~ confused
Chapter thirteen ~ guilt
Chapter fourteen ~ desperate
Chapter fifteen ~ 6AM
Chapter sixteen ~ jealous
Chapter seventeen ~ bully
Chapter eighteen ~ that boy...
Chapter nineteen ~ complicated
Chapter twenty ~ cafeteria
Chapter twenty one ~ choose
Chapter twenty two ~ the date
Chapter twenty three ~ happy
Chapter twenty four ~ gifts
Chapter twenty five ~ finding out
Chapter twenty six ~ Taegi talk
Chapter twenty seven ~ ball
Chapter twenty eight ~ good boy
Chapter twenty nine ~ drunk
Chapter thirty ~ father and son
Chapter thirty one ~ bodyguard
Chapter thirty two ~ interview
Chapter thirty three ~ restless
Chapter thirty four ~ surprise
Chapter thirty five ~ phone call
Chapter thirty six ~ an encounter
Chapter thirty eight ~ goodbye
Chapter thirty nine ~ hope
Chapter fourty ~ dream
Chapter fourty one ~ foolhardy
Epilogue

Chapter thirty seven ~ happily ever after?

1.7K 59 39
By Jron_Jungkook_lover

I'm very sorry again, for not posting for a month. I'm a junior in highschool now and I'm very busy with everyday life :( There are two or three chapters left though, I haven't decided on how to extend the chapters yet. After I finish this story I'll be taking a long hiatus. I have some small Jikook story ideas in my head but I dont know if I'll ever get the time

   It was June 13th, saturday, the day of the wedding.

    Everyone was very hyped and buzzing around as they all had a lot to do, and they were all very stressed that the preparations wouldn’t be finished in time, even though they had ~30 servants working for them. Taehyung was the worst though, at around 12 am, four hours before the reception, he could be found crying over the flowers because they were “too red.” Jimin was trying to reason by saying they were red roses, they were meant to be red, but he had no luck.

    When it was three o’clock however, everything was mostly finished. They had managed to calm Tae down and get him hair and makeup with an hour sparing. All the check-ups were done by three thirty, when the guests started arriving. Jimin and Jungkook both had their hair combed to the back and they both looked like absolute snaccs, Yoongi and Hoseok had their bangs pushed to the right, Taehyung’s hair was a bit wavy and looked kinda messy [DNA hair] but he didn’t fail to look formal somehow.

    Jimin and Jungkook were sitting on the front row, right in front of Yoongi, Hoseok and Irene. The front row on the right side was left for Namjoon’s dad and Jean’s mom, who were inside the little cottage next to the open area, waiting. First to arrive was the officiant Bogum, taking his place at the altar before the ceremony started. At four pm, Namjoon came, arm to arm with Jean’s mother. She looked happier than she had ever been, she even whispered a quick something in Joon’s ear before letting him walk up to the aisle.

    After Namjoon came Taehyung and Yoonji: The best man and the bridesmaid. At first look, they both seemed like an odd choice. But when you thought about it, it made perfect sense that they were there. When Tae neared the altar Jimin handed him the rings, winking. Tae smirked in return and took his place next to his dad. The only one left to arrive was Jean now, and she didn’t make them wait for long. At exactly four ten, the wedding music started playing. Jean came out from her dressing room in the small house, arm to arm with Namjoon’s father. Her short black hair was all brushed back and it looked great in contrast with her simple white wedding dress. She looked beautiful, so beautiful that Namjoon felt like he was about to faint. He honestly wouldn't care if one of the guests bursted up in flames because he was busy looking at his soon-to-be-wife. Everything about her was just downright gorgeous.

    When she finally arrived at the altar, Joon’s father gave him a little wink before sitting down next to Jean’s mom, and the ceremony officially started. [a/n: I totally didn’t just steal some of this lines from Phoebe and Mike’s wedding in Friends.]

    “We have gathered here today to celebrate Namjoon and Jin’s wedding,” Bogum started. “Can I get the rings please?” Tae and Yoonji smiled at him while handing him the rings and Bogum gave them to the bride and the groom. “I’m going to keep these short because I know you all are here for the food.” he heard the crowd chuckle before continuing. “You may now proceed with the vows.”

    “Joonie,” Jean started. “You’re the best man I have ever had the chance to meet. Before I met you, I was worthless. I was just a mindless waitress who didn’t care about anything. You really changed my life for the better. You gave me all I could have ever asked for, and yet I was dumb enough to walk out on that. Now I realize leaving you was the biggest mistake I have made.” she paused for a while, looking up to Namjoon’s eyes.

    “My vow to you is that I will never leave you again, no matter what happens. I’ll be right there next to you through sickness and health, as you have been there for me. You saw something in me when nobody else cared enough to even cast a second glance. You made me realize I could become something way better, and I will work hard from now on to prove that to you. You believed in me when I was at my weakest, and now I’m standing here with you, as equals, and I promise that I will love and care for you till death do us apart.” She took a deep breath and placed the ring she was holding to Joon’s ring finger.

    “Jean…” he smiled. “I did prepare what exactly to say today, but looking in your eyes right now, all of it seems nonsense.” he sighed before continuing. “You are the most amazing woman I’ve met in my life. Our relationship definitely had more downs than ups, yet we are somehow standing together, as you said, on this altar. What’s in the past is a part of our lives, we learn from our mistakes and carry on. I hadn’t been the husband you deserved at the time, I neglected you when you tried to offer me your love. Now though, I see that there is nothing more important than family. You are the first woman I have dated that didn’t seem just interested in my riches. You really cared, and I failed to care back as time passed. From now on, I swear to never neglect you. I will dedicate all my time to you and our family, because there is nothing more important to me than you and Taehyung. I know now that I’m too late to be realizing that, I will do my best to make it up for the lost times.” He slowly took Jean’s hand and placed the ring.

    “By the powers vested on me by the state of Busan, I now pronounce you husband and wife.” Bogum smiled, turning to Namjoon. “You may now kiss the bride.”

    As Namjoon leaned in to kiss Jean, Taehyung discreetly wiped off a tear. They looked so cute together, they looked so much like they were made for each other that some people in the crowd “aww”d and some just smiled and clapped. Hoseok heard a small sob from next to him and turned around to see Yoongi with teary eyes. Yoongi didn’t realize this at first, but when he saw his boyfriend staring at him in utter shock he quickly wiped his tears and said “it’S CUTE OK?!” a bit too loudly. Someone behind him aggressively shushed him so he turned around and made a face.

    Jimin and Jungkook, totally oblivious, were holding each other’s hands and watching Taehyung’s reaction. His happiness was so genuine that they just wanted to walk up the altar and hug him and never let go, but that would have been socially inappropriate. The only thing holding them at that moment was the fact that they were sitting right across the aisle from the parents of the bride and the groom, and they didn’t wanna make a scene. Plus, Jimin had a crazy headache because of all the stress.

x    X    x

    Cocktail hour went as planned nothing really happened. Everyone was very happy, all guests were well served. Jimin drank a little bit too much though, at the end he couldn’t even properly walk and had started seeing some black spots. Jungkook took him away from the crowd for some air a little while. Jimin wasn’t a lightweight, he had no idea why it happened. He didn’t feel drunk, he had just lost his balance. He took some painkillers and it all passed in a few minutes in time for dinner.

    After everyone’s dinner got served, Namjoon stood up. “Hello everyone, thank you for joining us on a great day like this. I know the best man should be giving his speech right now, but I wanted to say a few words before giving the non-existent mic to him. I know, having your son as a best man in your wedding with his mom doesn’t seem like a normal choice but you see, my first best man is in jail right now.” the crowd chuckled lightly. “And, I really wanted Taehyung next to me on the altar today. As I stated in my vow, I neglected my family for way too long, but now I see that they truly are my best friends in life. I realize now that Taehyung is the only person -that I’m not marrying- that I can trust with my everything. I am very glad that he is a part of my life, and I am deeply sorry that I haven’t been a big part of his.” he smiled to his son and sat down.

    “Well as my dad pointed out already,” Taehyung started, looking kinda nervous. He saw with the corner of his eye Jungkook giving him a thumbs-up, Tae smiled at him and gathered up some courage. “I was very surprised that he asked me to be his best man. He has a lot of close friends from work, old friends from school, why me? Am I going to have to find him a stripper now? Ew.” everyone laughed. “Then it hit me though. As a “fruit” of this relationship,” (he said fruit in air quotes) “it’s only fitting for me to be standing next to the groom, my dad. Ever since he proposed again, I’ve probably been more excited about this wedding than he ever was. It’s so good to see your parents together again, I feel overwhelmed just standing here. I’m going to keep the speech short though, as I don’t have many anecdotes of our silly youth together with the groom and I’m scared I’ll get too choked up if I go on about my feelings. I will say though, my relationship with my father used to be nothing but mistrust and disappointment in each other. Or… that might be the edgy teen part of me talking.” the crowd laughed again.

    “Really though,” he continued after looking at his boyfriends again, “I’m not the one to say I had a tough childhood. I could basically get all I wanted, if I wanted a racecar, I got ten. If I wanted to fly a kite all day, nobody could stop me. If I wanted a unicorn, there were people ready to create that for me.” He paused for a sigh. “But there’s only one thing that I really wanted since I was very little. This is going to sound cliché but it’s true: I wanted a normal, happy family. After eighteen years, I finally got it and I really couldn’t be happier. I’m glad they found each other again. And I’m glad they gave me the honor to give this speech right now. To Namjin!” he raised his cup and then he took a sip and everyone followed him. He sat down smiling.

    It was Jean’s turn to stand up now. “I wanna make a small speech about my bridesmaid as well; although she didn’t want to give a toast today, I have something to say. When I was trying to figure out who to pick as a bridesmaid, my lovely Joon here recommended Yoonji. At first I thought it would be a weird choice, we have never been that close, she’s someone who works for my household. But then I realized, it wasn’t weird at all. I owe Yoonji everything: when I couldn’t be the mother my son needed, she was right there with him till the end. She didn’t have to do that. She didn’t have to look after my son when even his own mother had been selfish enough to walk out on him. Yet she persevered.” she smiled at Yoonji. Yoonji looked like she either really needed to go to the toilet or she was trying hard not to cry.

    “It was the little gestures that counted. It was her bringing him some hot choco when he had the cold or her listening and soothing him when he was upset. It was her when it should have been me. So yeah, Yoonji isn’t my best friend in the sense that first comes to the mind, but she is the most important person in my life. She is all the things I failed to be. She is the reason Taehyung became the gentleman he is today. I am so grateful to have her here next to me today, because she truly is a part of this family and she will always have a place in our home. To Yoonji!” She raised her drink and everyone took a sip of their drinks once again, and Yoonji did something that would have surprised everyone who knew her. She stood up and hugged Jean, publicly. Everyone just stayed in silence for a minute, shocked. When she sat back down, everyone resumed their meal as if nothing had happened, mostly out of fear that Yoonji would murder anyone who talked about this again.

x    X    x

    At nearly 7:30 pm, everyone had finished with their meals. Jean and Namjoon stayed in the open dining hall to take some more pictures, while Tae, Kook and Bogum started working on the party area right next to them. There was nothing much to do except a few mic checks, the band had arrived and but the vocalist, Bob, was hanging around in the back. The drummer with a very low pitched voice took his place first, and started gaying out with the pianist with a smile that somehow had the boxiness of Tae and gumminess of Yoongi combined. Tae had started chattering with the bassist and the guitarist, they seemed in love too. The guitarist was a nerdy looking scrawny little boy, and he unmistakably looked like chicken little. The bassist, Brian, was a bit more muscular, he even showed Taehyung some maths dance moves. They both spoke fluent english, and they were pretty cool in general. Their ship name was unnecessarily long though.

STANDAY6

    When Namjoon and Jin finally came from the photoshoot, everyone quickly took their place. Taehyung was standing right next to Bob, in front of the microphone. His parents looked surprised for a second, wondering what he was doing up the small stage.

    “Hey,” Taehyung started. “I prepared a small surprise for you. I know you already picked your first song, but well I figured you already had that song as your first dance.” he smiled mischievously. “Apparently, that song wasn’t good enough that it lead to your divorce! So, I thought of taking the reins instead. I kinda went out on a limb, and prepared for singing a song for you myself. What is the song you might ask? Well…” he sighed.

    “As you know, when I was in elementary school, my school’s kids drama group was making a musical called Hwarang. I got one of the lead parts, and I had to sing a song called “Even if I die it’s you”. That meant the world to me at that young age, you guys were going through the divorce and everything was falling apart in my life. My only way of clearing my head from all the chaos at home was rehearsing that song, and you helped me improve my voice a lot, mom. It had become our song at one point, it was our secret getaway, our way of passing the time when my dad was staying late in work, again. After you were gone, I kept listening to it whenever I felt overwhelmed by how much I missed you. That song helped me remember the good old times, and I used to cry my heart out every time I played it again. And now I wanna sing it here, as an ode to old times and as a symbol of a new opening. I don’t need a reminder for the old days anymore, I am as happy as someone could ever be. So consider this song as a wedding gift from me to you.”

    He signaled Wonpil (the keyboardist) to play the first few keys. When he turned back to his parents, he was surprised to see that they weren’t dancing. Jean was busy wiping her tears away by a piece of napkin Namjoon handed her. The moment he started singing, they also took their position to dance. The song wasn’t that slow, but it was very moving in itself, they had no problem with dancing to it. When the song was done, everyone applauded and cheered, both for the couple and for their son.

    Taehyung opened his mouth to speak again, mostly to thank everyone but he could only form one word: “Jimin!”

    Meanwhile, Jimin and Jungkook were hanging in the back of the room. Jimin’s situation had worsened and Kook was trying to find a way to get him out before making a fuss and alerting their boyfriend. This was Taehyung’s happiest day, he had been preparing it for months. He didn’t want to ruin it for him.

    As Kook let go of Jimin for two seconds to clap and give a thumbs-up though, Jimin felt the world slipping. He couldn’t focus on anything, everything became a big blur. A guy who looked like Jungkook grabbed him by the waist, but he couldn’t really be sure because he only saw one eye and two noses. What he saw was pretty funny though, he started giggling. A cyclops with two noses… or two heads? Were there two people? Did Jungkook have an evil identical twin? He just wanted to close his eyes and wait till the world came back to normal. All he needed was just a little sleep. It had been so long since he last slept… he thought. He was having a hard time remembering the last time he had slept. Not that he cared, all he cared about was just closing his eyes and letting Jungkook’s evil twin kidnap him or whatever. And so he did. As he slipped to unconsciousness the last thing he heard was Taehyung’s voice calling his name.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 3.5K 16
"Please Hyung, I want to swallow your-" "JEON JUNGKOOK SHUT THE FUCK UP" a taekook fanfic :') smut might be included (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑) HIGHEST RANK #3 yon...
143K 6.6K 66
It all started back in daycare with two 5-year-old boys who were just simple classmates but for yoongi it was different he thought his classmate par...
163K 5.7K 21
Tae and Jimin's relationship was already close to its breaking point, with Taes habit of taking advantage of his vulnerable and insecure boyfriend...
167K 11.5K 18
A YOONKOOK SHORT STORY! Recently dumped, heartbroken, and unwilling to move on, Yoongi spends his days wallowing in self-pity. He's trying to tell hi...