Do opposites really attract?

By Barneybear123

A story which discovers the lives of two individuals, Manik Malhotra and Nandini Murthy. Poles apart from eac... More

Introduction
Prologue
Character sketch
Chapter 2 - First meetings!
Chapter 3 - "Expect the unexpected!"
Chapter 4 - "Goodbye for now!"
Chapter 5 - Forced Meetings!
Chapter 6 - Jab they met, once again!
Chapter 7 - An agreement gone wrong!
Chapter 8 - Confusions cleared!
Chapter 9 - "My date for the night!"
Chapter 10 - "She's already taken!"
Chapter 11 - Dancing away!
Chapter 12 - Late night conversations!
Chapter 13 - Hidden secrets!
Chapted 14 - Letting it all out!
Chapter 15 - New friends!
Chapter 16 - Just friends?
Happy international women's day!!!
Chapter 17 - Match day!
Chapter 18 - Cute conversations!
Chapter 19 - The mystery girl
Chapter 20 - The professional relationship
Chapter 21 - Falling for her!
Chapter 22 - Manik's Princess
Chapter 23 - A new friend!
Chapter 24 - Jealous? No way!
Chapter 25 - The confused souls
Chapter 26 - Give love a chance
Chapter 27 - The journey
Chapter 28 - A work of fate or something more?
Chapter 29 - Seeking answers!
Chapter 30 - Preparing for Valentine's day!
A thought that's been on my mind!
Chapter 31 - Our first Valentine's day
Chapter 32 - Revealing the past
Chapter 33 - "Give me a chance too"
Chapter 34 - Their special Announcement
Chapter 35 - The perks of dating a cricketer!
Author's Note
Chapter 36 - Not insecure, simply worried!
Your help needed!
Chapter 37 - Curious not Jealous
Chapter 38 - Love like no other
Chapter 39 - They know about us.
Chapter 40 - Back to Bay
Chapter 41 - Is marriage on the cards?
Chapter 42 - Supporting my love

Chapter 1 - Acheivements and mishaps!

7.9K 561 29
By Barneybear123

"That's another six! The vice captain has sent the ball outside the stadium! This man, only this man can turn a game like this around. India need 12 runs from 3 balls. Can they do it?" The commentator almost screamed into the microphone. The crowd was getting crazy. It was the final of the T20 match between India and Australia. India were on the verge of losing but the vice captain and ex captain M.S. Dhoni were on the field. Their last few over boundaries had created hope for India. It was the last 3 balls remaining and the entire pressure was on the vice captain. He had to win this match. He couldn't let the centuries of his captain Virat Kohli and good friend Rohit Sharma go to waste. He couldn't let the Hatrick of Bhuvneshwar Kumar go to waste. He had to finish the match off on a good note. The bowler paced towards him, his eyes were on the ball and boom! Another six! This too went out of the stadium. India now needed 6 runs from 2 balls to win. Can he do it? Of course he can! The baller once again paced towards the captain and he tried to swing his bat to hit the ball but he lost his balance and boom! He fell straight to the ground. The players quickly gathered around to check on him. He screamed in pain.

"Bro are you okay? What happened?" M.S.Dhoni, the experienced man, asked as he examined his leg.

"No idea! I just lost my balance and my legs intertwined with each other. It's damn painful!" He said as he cried in pain.

"You want to go off?" M.S questioned.

"No are you serious? One ball left! I can't! Kar loonga mai!" He replied.

"I know you'll do it! But your leg, what if it's broken?" Dhoni asked with concern.

"MS, I'll be fine. Sticking on the field through pain, I have learnt from you! Don't worry I've got this!" The vice captain said with a smile.

"I trust you!" Dhoni said to him.

"I know you do!" He said with a smirk.

"Chal show the Aussies what we're made of!" Dhoni said with a wink.

"Yes boss!" He said as MS forwarded his hand to help him up. As soon as the other members of team India saw him get up, they started to cheer with the crowd. Their vice captain was up! He struggled to stand on his feet at first but then he saw his family watching on giving him a reassuring smile and he gained all the strength he needed. He got up and slowly walked towards his place. He shut his eyes due to the pain, took a deep breath and prepared himself. He had to hit this! He had to! The nervous baller paced towards him, the ball hit the ground first and then the bat and as expected went flying out of the stadium.

"And that's the winning six! Team India has done it again. Once again the vice captain, Manik Malhotra, has proved why team India is so unique! Congratulations India on the win!!" The commentator said with joy.

M.S.Dhoni hugged him and patted his back.

"Well done champ! Well done!" He said with a big smile.

"Bro that was awesome!!! How's the leg now?" Virat said as he ran onto the field to congratulate the duo.

"Thanks yaar! And leg is painful! I need to get it checked out." He replied.

"Yes you do! I need you to be fit and fine for the success party!" The captain said with a smirk.

"Yes captain!" Manik said with a giggle.

"Manik we have to get your leg checked right now. Your parents are so worried too!" The coach said as he came running towards them.

"Coach I'm okay! Chill!" Manik replied.

"Manik we can't chill! You are a crucial member of the team, we can't take any risk. Come let's get you checked out!" He said as he held onto Manik to help him walk.

"Okay okay I'm coming!" He said as he started to walk towards the dressing room. Once inside the dressing room, he was about to sit down so they could do his check up when he fainted and fell to the ground.

"Manik! Manik! Call the ambulance right now and inform his parents!" The coach shouted to one of the assistants.

Hospital:

"Gently lift your leg up like a good boy!" The young doctor said to the little boy.

"No doctor aunty. It's going to hurt me too much." The boy said out of fear.

"Beta your leg is nearly getting better. You have been a good boy for all these weeks and now it's time to take the bandage off. But if you don't move your leg properly we won't be able to see if it's healed. I promise it won't hurt!" The doctor said to the boy patiently.

"Pakka promise?" The boy said cutely.

"Pakka promise!" The doctor said as she high fived the little child.

The doctor then checked the little boy with the help of the nurse and removed the cast from his leg.

"Mr and Mrs Gupta he does not need the cast anymore but you will have to bring him to the hospital twice a week for his physiotherapy sessions for the next month. It will help in getting his leg working back to normal. Please make sure you don't put too much stress on it! And beta this is your gift for being a brave boy!" The Doctor said with a smile as she handed the boy a big chocolate bar, a book, and lots of stickers.

"Thank you so much. You are the best doctor!" The boy said as he gave the doctor a big hug.

"Awhh thank you and you are one of the cutest patients I've had too. Take care of yourself. Byeee! See you next week!" The doctor said as the little boy left the cabin with his parents. A few minutes later, a nurse came running in.

"Doctor, doctor, there's an emergency! A cricketer has been brought to the hospital. Apparently he suffered a leg injury and about 5-10 minutes after he fainted. You have to attend him doctor." The nurse said with panic.

"Shreya calm down. I have been assigned to the children's clinic at the moment. Dr. Sharma is in charge of the adult clinic. Is he not attending the patient?" The doctor asked the nurse.

"I know doctor but he has gone out to somebody's house for an emergency appointment. We rang him up and he asked us to inform you to attend to the patient." The nurse explained.

"Okay that's fine let's go!" The doctor said as she got her stethoscope and ran out of the cabin. As soon as she got there, she saw a man lying on the bed. To say she didn't find him attractive would be a lie. He was a very handsome man. There was a woman stood near him crying and a man comforting the woman. She assumed they were his parents.

"You're the doctor? Please check on my son! He suddenly fainted!" The mum spoke with concern.

"Yes ma'am we will do that now. You please look after yourself." The doctor said with a smile.

"Thank you doctor!" The Dad said with a slight smile.

"Please it's our duty!" She said politely as she went inside the room with the nurses. Once inside, she first checked the heart rate and blood pressure of the patient to find that his blood pressure was slightly higher than normal. Luckily his heart beat was steady. After throughly examining him, she came to a conclusion that he fainted due to exhaustion and the immense pain. When they examined his leg, they realised that his ankle was slightly fractured. They did an X-Ray for confirmation and the results were positive. He indeed had a minor fracture. When he lost his balance, his entire weight must have come onto one leg causing it to fracture. She gave him a painkiller injection and walked out to inform his parents whilst the nurses were instructed to put on the cast on his ankle. As soon as she came out of the room, a little girl hugged her legs straight away. She bent down to reach the little girl.

"Beta aap theek ho? What happened?" She asked the child with a smile.

"Doctor aunty, my chachu, is he okay? I am very worried for him aunty!" The little girl spoke in her ever so sweet voice.

"Awhhh beta your chachu is much better. Don't worry!" The doctor said reassuring the little girl.

"You won't give him big big injections right? He doesn't like big injections or big medicine. You see chachu is scared of them like me." The little girl said cutely as she spread her arms out indicating the size of the big injections.

"Awwh, beta I understand your concern but how will he feel better if he doesn't have any injections or medicine? You see beta it's all needed in order for him to feel better." The doctor very nicely explained to the little girl.

"Amayra beta please aap doctor aunty ko pareshaan mat kijye. I'm really sorry doctor. Amayra is very close to her chachu and hence got carried away." A beautiful lady said as she pulled her daughter towards her.

"It's not a problem. I wanted to speak to the patients family."  The doctor said.

"Yes I am his sister-in-law Zoya and this is my daughter. And my in laws are here also but Dad has gone to attend a call and Mum has just gone to the washroom. Is everything okay with Manik?" She stated.

"Ohh okay. Not a problem. Can you all please come to my cabin together and I'll discuss the matter with you there." The doctor said.

"Doctor we're here. We'll come with you now."  The duo said as they walked towards the doctor.

"Sure! Mr....?" The doctor politely asked.

"It's Mr Raj Malhotra and this is my wife Mrs Nyonika Malhotra." He said as the doctor gave him a smile and took them to her cabin.

"There's nothing too serious. He fainted because of exhaustion and the immense pain caused by the injury. We have given him painkiller injections but his right ankle I'm afraid is fractured. I have heard he is a professional cricketer, I'm sorry but he will not be allowed to take part in any such sports until he is fully recovered. Because it's only a minor fracture it should heal within 3-4 weeks. The nurses have plastered his ankle. He will need to come atleast 2 times a week for his regular check up. And he will also need physiotherapy lessons after that for the next month or so." The doctor explained the entire situation and the process that was to be followed.

"That's fine doctor. We're just glad it's nothing too serious." The doctor said with a slight smile.

"But Raj his matches, you know he can't be separated from his cricket matches. I'm just afraid of his reaction once he find out." Nyonika said with concern.

"Mum it's fine. He doesn't have any important matches until the next 4 months. Hopefully with good rest and medication he will be fit and fine by then." Zoya said to reassure her mum.

"Yes Nyonika, Zoya beti theek keh rahi hai. Right now his health is important and he needs to realise that." Raj said to his wife. Just then Zoya's phone stared to ring.

"Hello Aditya! How are you? Yeah he is much better now. No Adi please aap mat aayai. You have responsibility too and I'm sure he won't like it if he finds out his bade bhaiya left work midway and came to see him. We are all here with him you please focus on your flight. Take care I will see you soon and yes your princess is also doing fine. She is just playing in the hospital play area with Dhruv. Bye take care!" Zoya said as she put her phone down.

"I'm going to give you a list of medicine, please get them. Mr Malhotra will gain consciousness soon. We will have to keep him for the night to monitor him and you can take him home tomorrow." The doctor gave her instructions.

"Thank you doctor for all your help!" Raj said with a smile.

"Like I said before sir, it's my duty!" The doctor replied with a smile too.

Few hours later:

"What do you mean I won't be able to play cricket for a few months? Where's the doctor? I want to speak to the doctor!" Manik shouted out loud as he found out from his parents about his fracture.

"Sir please it's a request. Please don't shout!" The nurse said softly.

"I want to speak to the doctor! Now!" He paid mo heed to the poor nurse and she simply looked down and proceeded to call the doctor.

"Please stop shouting Mr Malhotra. This is a hospital not your cricket ground." The doctor said with a stern voice as she walked in the room.

A/N: Chapter 1 updated! Hope you guys liked it! Do you enjoy the concept of my new story? Please do give me your feedback whether it is positive or there's improvement that needs to be done then please tell me that also. It is your support which encourages writers like me to write. Thank you for the support always. Lots of love xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

842K 79.4K 66
Previously known as 'THERE FOR EACH OTHER' "And when my eyes fell on you, I realised that all I ever needed in life, To flourish and to bloom, Was yo...
106K 6.3K 25
What happens if you love someone else and are forced to marry someone else? Same happened with Nandini Murthy. The girl who loved her boyfriend, Abh...
75.6K 4.5K 17
Hello guys am starting my new story of Manan. Let's meet our Mr Manik Malhotra CEO of Malhotra industries, rude to outside world but sweet to his fa...
93K 9.2K 57
#6 in Lifestory out of ~10K stories (June, 2021) When THE Nandini Murthy met Manik F*CKBOI Malhotra, during her undergrad days in New York, it was th...