The Seven Wonders | BTS

By CrazyGirrrrl

"An evil force has risen. In order to defeat it, you must find and gather the seven wonders." **** » WINNER o... More

Intro + The Gems
1. Begin
2. Ignis
3. Guardian
4. First Love
5. Unlock
6. Fire
7. Awake
8. Choices
9. Betrayal
10. Water
11. Blood Tarts
12. Confession
I've had enough
13. Return
14. Lie
15. Stigma
THANK YOU
16. Thunder
17. Reunion
18. Trust?
19. Reflection
20. Earth
21. Devotion
22. Tenderness
23. Mama
24. Air
25. Seven Wonders
FAN ART GALLERY
26. Doubt
27. Small Talk
28. Hatred
29. Confrontation
30. Teamwork
31. Pyramids
NOTE + ANNOUNCEMENT
32. Vrede
WE NEED YOUR HELP
33. Lucht
34. Reassurance
35. Acceptance
36. Aarde
37. Comfort
38. Rebellion
FICTION AWARDS?!
39. Assistance
40. Promises
41. Responsibility
42. Bliksem
43. Persuasion
44. Coincidence
45. Illusions
46. Clarity
47. Solitude
48. Coping
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL: ONE SHOTS
I MADE IT?!
49. Tranen
50. Secrets
51. Trust
52. Regrets
53. Riptide
54. Reminiscing
55. Vlam
56. Uncertainty
57. Loneliness
58. Unity
59. Move
60. Remembrance
61. Contact
62. Hemel
63. Unconditional
64. Crybaby
65. Reclaiming
66. Strategy
67. Broken
68. Reassemble
69. Evaluation
70. Home
71. Hel
72. Remorse
#T7W1MReadsParty
73. Persistence
74. Game
75. Bond
76. Path
77. Feelings
78. Truth
79. Past
80. Calm
81. Team
82. Dread
83. Twilight
84. Desperation
85. Lesson
86. Free
87. Unsure
88. Worry
90. Warning
91. Rescue
92. Fear
93. Leap
94. Battle
95. Cavalry
96. Revival
97. Reckoning
98. Finale Part 1
99. Finale Part 2
COMING SOON?
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT
PATREON
JUST TO MAKE THINGS CLEAR
THE GAME IS OUT!
DISCORD SERVER

89. Realization

36K 1.8K 5.3K
By CrazyGirrrrl

Yoongi hated the current situation they were in. Being handcuffed was familiar but he will never be accustomed to the feeling of being chained. He gritted his teeth as he was tugged forward, the metal making his wrists burn. Holly was curled in his arms, wings pinned together and a muzzle strapped across its mouth.

Truthfully, Yoongi wanted to burn the soldier who had done this to Holly, especially because he was standing right next to him. But since he was wearing anti-magic cuffs, he couldn't. He honestly couldn't believe that circles of metal had enough power to cancel out even Taehyung's magic.

This made Yoongi realize how powerful the Helians really were. As much as he hated the thought, they were at the army's mercy. They could decide to snap one of their necks and none of them would be able to fight back— maybe with the exception of Emily. The protector would definitely find a way to stab one of the soldiers in return.

Yoongi shivered. He recalled a horrible memory of his mother locking him in his room whilst chained to his own bed for a whole day. Those twenty four hours were spent by him staring at his shattered piano and torn music sheets. Spinning his wrists, the cuffs burned against his skin. His eyes dotted with tears.

To shake the thoughts away, Yoongi glanced around. Despite the earmuffs, he could still hear a bit of background noise. He could hear the jingling of everyone else's handcuffs around him. Leaves and vines rustled as they passed through, the rocks on the ground below crunching with each sure step. Sangdol's were particularly light. The horse's steps sounded like mere tapping.

Jin was standing next to Yoongi, expression grim and blonde hair still disheveled. His jaw was clenched as he glared a few feet away and at a soldier a who had an unnecessarily tight death grip on Emily's arm.

Jimin still had that horrible gash on his face, the dark blood caking his cheek and a bit of his lips. Namjoon was standing right next to the thunder gem bearer, almost as if their shoulders were glued together. He growled at anyone who stayed close, resulting in the formation of an empty circle around the couple.

Jungkook was next to Sangdol, the wings on his head drooped down sadly and his six wings locked together by a large metal brace. Hoseok was on the horse's other side and although Yoongi couldn't see his face, he knew that the air gem bearer was wearing an upside down heart smile.

Atop the horse was Taehyung, who was just looking straight ahead with a blank expression on his face. You sat behind the darkness gem bearer with both arms wrapped around his waist and a hand intertwined with one of his own. Yoongi smiled a bit at the sight.

Holly started to whimper. Yoongi looked down and saw the dragon tremble in his arms. It tried to snap its teeth together but cried louder when the muzzle halted it from doing so. The braces on the dragon's wings clattered as it desperately tried to flap.

"Holly?," Yoongi whispered and tried to pet Holly, hissing when the cuffs stopped him. "It's okay, little guy. I'm right here."

Since Holly continued to cry, Yoongi whispered words of comfort at the little dragon. The fire gem bearer was so focused on his pet that he didn't notice— or hear, thanks to the earmuffs— the anger soldier spitting out words next to him.

Yoongi only realized that the soldier was screaming at him when his earmuffs were suddenly pulled off his head. He turned towards the Helian, whose furious purple eyes pierced right through him.

"I said," The soldier tossed the earmuffs to the ground. Yoongi eyed it cautiously and heard the leaves rustle in the wind. "You better shut up your dragon's yapping mouth before I do it myself."

Yoongi could feel the Helian's hot breath his cheeks as the soldier stepped closer. Strangely enough, the forest was silent and there was no singing in the air. Instead, the fire gem bearer could only hear his own staggering breath. All eyes were on him.

As Yoongi hugged Holly close to his chest, he snarled at the Helian soldier. "If you even try, I'll bite your nose off."

The soldier just laughed at Yoongi's face, whilst the others stayed silent behind. When the Helian suddenly grabbed Holly's little body, the fire gem bearer's eyes widened. "Give me that little shit."

A few seconds of struggle passed. Yoongi tried desperately to keep Holly in his arms but his chained wrists made it more difficult as the dragon cried. The Helian soldier continued to pull and the fire gem bearer dreaded how he was slowly losing grip of his little pet.

"Leave him alone! You big bu—"

"Shut up!," The soldier hissed, his tone making Jimin flinch. Namjoon growled next to the thunder gem bearer.

From behind the soldier, there was Jin. The water gem bearer's eyes glowed a bright blue as he clenched his teeth. Somehow, Yoongi knew that he didn't need to call for help. It was all in the blonde's eyes— he was furious.

"Didn't you hear what Jimin said?," Jin took a deep breath as both Yoongi and the soldier glanced at him skeptically. "He said to leave Yoongi alone!"

Jin charged forward with a scream and tackled the soldier's back. This caused the Helian to stumble forward and loosen his grip on Holly. Seeing the perfect opportunity, Yoongi bared his fangs and bit into the soldier's nose.

The Helian screamed and immediately pulled backwards, which then caused a portion of his nose to be torn off. Yoongi felt the hot blood splutter all over his face. He spat out the chunk of flesh as the metallic taste coated his mouth.

Yoongi chuckled with a gummy smile, his teeth tinted with the red blood. "I warned you, didn't I?"

The Helian soldier gritted his teeth as a blood dripped down the open wound of his nose. He raised his hand, an action of punishment that was way too familiar for Yoongi. "You little—"

Yoongi shut his eyes and hugged Holly close to his chest as he braced for impact. When the fire gem bearer heard a laser beam shoot out instead, he opened his eyes to see a hole through the soldier's chest, the skin around the wound red and sizzling. The Helian fell to the ground dead with a thud.

This revealed General Jisoo, who was standing behind the now dead soldier. She was holding a laser gun in her hand, its mouth still smoking. Yoongi watched as she sighed and pulled off her earmuffs.

"We made a promise to the guardian," General Jisoo's voice boomed. Yoongi wondered why the trees were using this moment to sing. "In exchange of them complying to King Michael's wishes, we will not hurt anyone from their team."

General Jisoo stepped forward and Yoongi instinctively shuffled backwards. She used her foot to flip the soldier's body, which revealed his bloody and wide-eyed face. Then the Helian woman bent downwards and picked up the earmuffs on the ground.

"A promise is a promise, fail to keep it and you end up like this," General Jisoo pointed at the dead soldier. "Got it?"

All the other soldiers replied with a loud Yes, general! and Yoongi noticed how they all sounded afraid. General Jisoo stepped forward a bit more but she grabbed the fire gem bearer's arm before he could walk away from her reach.

"I apologize for the newbie's actions," General Jisoo sighed and glanced at the dead soldier. Yoongi slowly wriggled his arm out of her grip. "It will not happen again."

Yoongi was silent as General Jisoo slipped the earmuffs back on his head with a smile. As she walked away, the fire gem bearer caught sight of your worried expression, along with Taehyung's. He nodded at them in reassurance.

Soon enough, the team continued to walk through the forest. Yoongi licked his lips and nearly gagged at the taste of blood that filled his mouth. Holly was still whimpering but now more of worry then fear. The dragon was looking up at the fire gem bearer with teary eyes.

"I'm okay, Holly," Yoongi whispered and stroked Holly's head, despite how this made his wrists hurt. "Don't worry."

"Are you really?"

Confused, Yoongi turned towards Jin after hearing his voice. The water gem bearer was just staring at him, blonde hair still disheveled and cheeks puffed as he pursed his lips into a thin line. His expression was gentle, the furious blue eyes no longer present.

Yoongi didn't question why Jin could hear him and vice versa even with the earmuffs, especially because the rustling of leaves still resounded in his ears. He inhaled sharply and frowned at the prominent smell of blood.

"You've kind of got a bit of—," Jin tried to gesture at Yoongi's face with his hand but ended up making a shaky circle in the air with his finger. "On your face."

"I know," Yoongi chuckled a bit as a small smirk grew on his face. "And I'm fine."

"I never knew you'd actually bite a part of his nose off, though," Jin chuckled a bit and showed off a toothy grin. "I thought you were just bluffing."

Yoongi stared at Jin for a moment and wondered why he was being so cheerful despite the current situation the whole team was in. "Didn't I look serious enough?"

"You did!," Jin replied quickly, his sudden loud voice making a few soldiers glance. He tried to rub his nape but was stopped by his cuffs. "It's just— I really admire your bravery. You could have been shot."

Yoongi thought about it and realized that Jin was right. Provoking the soldier was both a bold and stupid move. If the soldier decided to ignore his warning and blow his brains out, there was nothing he could do. The fire gem bearer was glad that he came out of it unscathed.

"You learn lots of things out there in the streets," Yoongi paused and recalled some of the street brawls he participated in, mostly due to the food he'd steal. "...Anything to survive."

Jin fell into deep thought. Yoongi realized that the water gem bearer was from a rich family and probably had no idea what he was talking. A man who lived in luxury for most of his life, surely a Senator's son wouldn't—

"I know what you mean," Jin had on a meaningful yet obviously sorrowful smile. "Before my father became a senator, I was in a public school for about a year. The environment was..."

As Jin trailed off, Yoongi stared at him wide eyed. He felt bad at how he stereotyped Jin as the rich boy who had it easy all his life, so much so that he had forgotten about his past. Somehow, knowing this made the fire gem bearer feel extremely relieved.

"Still, that was pretty gutsy of you," Jin's solemn expression was instantly expression by a bright smile and crinkled eyes. "Although my old school was wild, nobody bit each other's noses off."

Yoongi laughed a bit at Jin's wit but his happy facade was instantly shattered when Holly released a low cry. He looked down to see the dragon tremble in his arms.

"I would never let anyone hurt Holly," Yoongi looked down at Holly and teared up at all the braces around its little body. "I don't care what happens to me."

"God, Yoongi," Jin laughed and shook his head. "You should worry about yourself a little bit more."

Yoongi smiled at that. He looked ahead and noticed that General Jisoo and Taehyung were in the midst of a conversation, the sight more confusing than shocking. Sighing, he turned back towards Jin, whose cheeks were still puffed like a hamster's.

"I'd give you a hand with the—," Jin's mouth curled as he flicked his eyes up and down Yoongi's face. He wondered why the water gem bearer couldn't just say blood. "But I'm pretty tied right now."

Jin released a squeaky laugh that earned an adorning glance from Emily. Yoongi stared in bafflement and took a few seconds to realize why he was laughing at his own words.

Yoongi was about to snarlingly ask Jin if that was supposed to be a horrible pun but he came to a realization. The water gem bearer was trying to lighten up the atmosphere of the seemingly hopeless situation they were in— and embarrassing himself was something he didn't care about.

A gummy smile grew on Yoongi's face as he laughed. Jin paused and glanced at the still laughing fire gem bearer with a stunned expression.

"What?," Yoongi breathed as his shoulders shook in between his laughter. "Funny or not, it deserves some recognition."

Jin didn't say anything for a while. This made Yoongi wonder if his attempts to praise his friend spiraled down to a grave insult instead. Then the water gem bearer released his notable squeaky laugh once more, which now sounded like someone was cleaning a window with a dry cloth.

Still, Yoongi smiled. He was glad that Jin was doing his best to make the most of the situation. The fire gem bearer appreciated his friend's efforts really, even now he felt a little bit more hopeful.

Yoongi somehow ended up staring at you. You were still leaning on Taehyung's back, a notable smile on your face as the Helian prince returned the tight grip on your hand. It was both a bittersweet yet joyous sight for the fire gem bearer.

"You really care about her, huh?," Jin asked suddenly, his gaze identical to Yoongi's.

Yoongi sighed knowingly and nodded. Holly looked up at him, the dragon agreeing through its eyes. "Yeah... I guess I do."

"Are you okay, though?," Jin asked again. Yoongi was about to roll his eyes and answer sarcastically until the blonde spoke again. "And I don't mean physically."

Yoongi stared at Jin, the genuine concern on his face telling him that there was no way out of this question. He exhaled loudly through his nose and recalled the sudden news of you and Taehyung's kiss.

Truthfully, Yoongi had a mixed reaction the first time he heard about it. He was initially stunned since he didn't think that Taehyung could actually grow the balls to initiate a kiss with you. Then he felt joy towards the darkness gem bearer for overcoming said lack of courage.

Jin's question stuck to Yoongi's mind— Was he okay? He thought about it for a while and tried to dig deep into his heart to figure it out. The fire gem bearer glanced at you once more and caught sight of both you and Taehyung laughing.

Suddenly, Yoongi knew the answer.

"You know, Seokjin," Yoongi chuckled at the expression Jin made upon hearing his own name. "I do love Sky, you know? And I think I always will."

Jin remained silent. Yoongi imagined the sensation of the water gem bearer tapping his shoulder, which was definitely what his friend would have done if his wrists weren't chained together.

"But... I know she loves Taehyung, whether she wants to admit it or not," Yoongi smiled as Holly cooed and rubbed its snout on his arm. "And Taehyung would do anything to protect her too."

Yoongi thought about his past relationship with you for a while. Although his time as your lover was short, he savored each moment and each memory. The fire gem bearer could still vividly remember the way your eyes crinkled when you giggled.

And looking at you and seeing the same crinkled-eyed smile around Taehyung, Yoongi knew what was for the best. "So to answer your question, Seokjin... I'm happy because she is. And I will be fine."

Jin shook his head and muttered a low true love under his breath which Yoongi decided not to acknowledge. Truthfully he thought it was ironic, how someone who had never been loved had the ability to love.

There was a silence afterwards, the pleasant smile on Jin's face being more than enough of an answer for Yoongi. He looked up above and saw the leavs rustle as shadows casted over his face. It made him wonder if the trees knew a song other than their hypnosis tune.

Yoongi smiled. Whether the trees really were singing or not, he wasn't afraid. All he felt was true joy.

-

You grunted in frustration. When the soldier started to pick on Yoongi and Holly, you wanted to jump into action and protect the fire gem bearer. However, since you were chained to Taehyung atop Sangdol, there was nothing you could do but watch. This made you realize the reasoning behind cuffing you and the prince together— being each other's handicap.

When General Jisoo came in and helped Yoongi, you were more than surprised, so much so that even Taehyung gasped. It made you think of the possibility of the Helian woman actually being on the wonders' side— which seemed farfetched but with all you've experienced, it wasn't impossible.

It was silent in the forest as the team continued to march onwards towards Hel's royal palace. You remembered the first time you entered the palace for the ball and ended up dancing with Taehyung. That thought was imprinted in your mind, the feeling of his hand on your waist still tingling your skin.

You honestly wanted to ask Taehyung what it was like— to act as a foe when he was actually an ally. The mental and emotional strain was definite and it made you feel pity towards him. Regret as well since you greeted him with anger when he first returned to the team.

Taehyung was facing ahead, his fingers still intertwined with yours. You could hear his heavy breathing through his back. After taking in a deep breath, you opened your mouth to speak.

But you were beat to it. "Crowned Prince must be wondering why he can still hear his surroundings despite wearing the earmuffs, yes?"

Both you and Taehyung turned towards General Jisoo, who surprisingly wasn't wearing said earmuffs. Instead, she just had them hanging around her neck. This made you worry about the forest's song but the Helian herself seemed unbothered by the danger she had put herself in.

"These earmuffs were specifically made to block out the voices of the trees," Jisoo tapped her earmuffs with a smile. "It doesn't block any other sound."

Taehyung glanced over his shoulder and at you, which gave you a full view of the three scars running across his eye. He then faced Jisoo, who was silently spinning the electric staff in her hands.

"Thank you for helping Yoongi," Taehyung's voice was quiet and it almost sounded like a low whisper. You nodded from behind him.

General Jisoo still kept that genuine smile as she nodded back at both you and Taehyung. She then pet Sangdol, who strangely didn't react to the Helian's touch.

"It is my duty to follow King Michael's orders," General Jisoo continued to stroke Sangdol, her fingers brushing past the horse's flaming mane. "And those orders are to bring his son and the guardian to the royal palace safely."

Taehyung scoffed loudly, which earned a skeptical look from General Jisoo and a shrug from you. "Capturing my friends was absolutely unnecessary. Sky and I would have come with you either way."

"Taehyung is right," You gulped a bit when General Jisoo turned sharply and met your eyes, her purple orbs piercing into your soul. "Just simply talking to us—"

"The seven wonders are the most powerful magical beings in all the universe," General Jisoo's staff crackled in her hands, which made Taehyung grip your hand in a protective manner. "Precautions are a must. We could not risk having a single one of you out of our sight."

You completely understood General Jisoo's logic and knew of nothing to contest her with. Taehyung remained silent as well and ran his fingertips across Yeontan's dark fur. The dog was strangely calm around the general.

"I apologize whenever I come off as rude," General Jisoo released a very convincing sigh of frustration. "I am simply doing my job."

For a moment, you wondered if every single Helian soldier was on Hel's side or not. People like General Jisoo seemed to be only doing their duty, despite having varying opinions towards King Michael's tyranny. Remembering the rebel group LOONA fed your hopes that the general could possibly be on the good side.

"For someone who belongs to Father's army, you are...," Taehyung trailed off. It made you wonder what thoughts he had in his mind. "Different."

General Jisoo halted, which caused Sangdol and everyone else to stop walking as well. You stared at the Helian woman and saw her grip on her electric staff tighten slowly. Dread pooled at the pit of your gut as the tension in the air thickened.

"What's your opinion on that, Crowned Prince?," General Jisoo didn't turn towards Taehyung, which made you even more nervous.

"I think different is good," Taehyung spoke without hesitation, his tone stern and sure. "It makes you unique."

As a deep silence rang across the forest, a memory flashed in your mind. You remembered laying on the deck whilst gazing at the stars. Taehyung was next to you, his hand clutching your as he told you about his human mother and the consequences of being different.

You recalled how the children in the orphanage would pick on you for having silver hair and flinched at the voices that rang in your head. General Jisoo finally turned around. In her eyes, you saw yourself— someone who wanted to make the most out of themselves.

"I see," General Jisoo finally turned around. She had a smile on her face but even you could tell that it was forced. "Does the princess think the same?"

As General Jisoo started to walk, which continued the march across the forest, you felt Taehyung stiffen. He released a shaky sigh and you watched his back ripple like a wave. You tried to imagine his expression and remembered the sorrowful look on his face after talking to Shay back at the tower.

"I don't know," Taehyung's Vredeian accent was stronger without the formality, which seemed ironic to you. "I can never tell what Shay thinks."

You could hear the sadness in Taehyung's voice and sighed loudly. After rubbing circles on the prince's back with your thumb, you felt him flinch initially before he relaxed under your touch. His grip on your hand tightened even more.

Thinking back to all the times you and the team had to fight against Shay, you thought about how Taehyung coped with the fact that his own flesh and blood was their enemy.

"The Crowned Princess...," General Jisoo sighed deeply, seemingly in endearment. She put on a smile as she turned towards a very disoriented Taehyung. "I'm here because of her."

Both you and Taehyung gasped at the same time, also speaking one word in unison. "What?"

General Jisoo just chuckled, which made a billion scenarios cross your mind. Did Shay recruit her? Was she actually the unseen member of the Great Six Taehyung refused to talk about? Whatever the answer was, you knew that none of them would reassure the Helian prince.

"I wasn't originally going to be part of the royal army," General Jisoo's eyes suddenly darkened as she glared at an awfully silent Taehyung. "Especially because you Bristenes destroyed my home."

Although you were confused by General Jisoo's accusation, Taehyung wasn't surprised at all. He just exhaled loudly through his nose. "You... are from District Drie."

You had a flashback of the ruined village of District Drie, along with the burnt houses and possessed corpses that attacked the team. Then you remembered watching the orphanage burn to the ground and suddenly an extreme remorse towards yourself and General Jisoo.

"Our village was infested by those horrible insects," General Jisoo's jaw was clenched, her stern voice muffled behind her clattering teeth. "I could do nothing as all my friends..."

General Jisoo trailed off and you didn't need her words to figure out what was in her mind. Before you could think your words through, you spoke. "How did you survive?"

You gulped at the piercing glare you received from General Jisoo and felt Taehyung shift slightly. Her electric staff crackled. It made you wonder if her weapon was tied with her emotions.

"My father and I ran," General Jisoo turned away, her radiant hair fluttering as she did so. "We moved to the city to hide. And make a fresh start, you know?"

You couldn't see Taehyung's expression but knew that he was feeling completely about the whole thing. It was obvious through the way his hands trembled slightly.

"He wanted to join the army but I told him not to," General Jisoo shrugged and placed the staff on her shoulder. "He was insistent so I took his place instead. We kind of needed the coins too."

Nobody said anything for a while. Taehyung then spoke, his tone shaky and voice deep. "And what does my sister have to do with this?"

"Oh, right," General Jisoo's lit up suddenly, her cheeks round as she smiled. You were stunned by her instant change of mood. "The Crowned Princess... She's something else."

Taehyung hummed at that, which sounded like an agreement he made under his breath. It was barely loud enough for you to hear. You glanced around for a bit and nearly jumped out of your skin when you saw Jungkook staring— was the angel listening?

"She's so strong, so quick-witted... so brave," General Jisoo continued to smile, her eyes basically flashing hearts. "Crowned Princess Shay is everything I've ever wanted to be."

"Shay is one special girl, huh?," Taehyung smiled as well, his expression solemn. You could hear the pain in his words. "I think so too."

You stared at Taehyung's back and used your free hand to squeeze his arm in a hopefully comforting manner. He didn't say anything to you, instead he just released a shaky breath.

Remembering the contents of the letter sent to Taehyung by King Michael, you completely understood why he decided to leave the team. Still, you couldn't believe that his father would so casually threaten something as grave as killing his own daughter. You still couldn't wrap your head around how cruel Hel's king truly was.

Then you remembered that both Taehyung and Shay spent a majority of their lives with King Michael. Just the thought of it made a shiver run down your spine.

You planted a cheek on Taehyung's back as you discovered newfound emotions within. He didn't react to your touch but you could hear his breathing slowly turn steady. Now you realized that the Helian had done everything for the sake of the team, even willing to sacrifice himself to ensure everyone's safety.

You wished that you understood Taehyung earlier, that way you could have told him that there was no reason for him to go to the extreme. All he had to do was talk to them and it would all be okay.

In the darkness of the forest, you couldn't tell whether it was still morning or not. Still, it felt like hours had passed by and you were hit by a sudden wave of sleepiness. You yawned quietly and closed your eyes.

-

Taehyung could feel the weight of your face on his back. He smiled at the image of your soft cheek squished up against the fabric of his jacket. By the way you sat still, the prince could tell that you were fast asleep.

Truthfully, Taehyung himself couldn't tell how much time had passed since they departed from the campsite. All throughout the journey through the forest, all the prince could see were rows and rows of trees and corpses. It almost felt like they were all marching on a treadmill.

Taehyung glanced at General Jisoo, who was whistling a tune whilst inspecting her nails. Her other hand was gripping Sangdol's leash, an action she claimed was a precautionary measure. The prince honestly thought that she just wanted to pet his horse.

Amongst all the Helian soldiers Taehyung has met— with the exception of Bogum, may his soul rest in peace— General Jisoo stood out like a diamond in the rough. She wasn't as impatient and crude as her companions, instead she displayed a certain softness that he honestly thought was completely wiped out of his kingdom.

Taehyung gaped when the possibility of General Jisoo being on the rebel side entered his mind. The idea was out there, especially because she was currently a high ranking officer in his father's army. But because the general had a seething anger towards his family, the prince considered the possibility— after all, anything to survive.

"General Jisoo," Taehyung spoke in a whisper. He sighed in relief when he didn't feel your figure shift on his back. "How long have we been in this forest?"

General Jisoo's whistling stopped as she gave Taehyung a blank look. She then fished into a small opening of her armor and pulled out a pocket watch. Strangely, the Helian prince could hear it tick slowly.

"Three hours, Crowned Prince," General Jisoo shrugged and shoved the watch back into her pocket.

"Three hours," Taehyung repeated to himself. He squinted his eyes suspiciously at General Jisoo, who was back to whistling that weird pop song tune under her breath.

Taehyung thought about the first time they crossed the forest and winced at the flashback of his illusion. It was still so vivid— He was King Taehyung Bristene, ruler of Hel and beloved by all. The whole dream played out during his coronation. He could still his mother placing the crown on his head herself.

The sight of both his mother and Shay giving him looks of approval nearly convinced Taehyung to stay in that dream-like realm. But when you approached him in that beautiful purple gown and presented yourself to Hel as their queen...

Taehyung didn't know why that image made him realize that it wasn't right. He wasn't sure why that loving gaze of yours snapped him back to reality. Maybe it was disbelief in you ever looking at him like that, really he didn't know.

Whatever the case, Taehyung was glad that he was able to break out of it. It made him wonder what the others saw, especially a majority of them had snapped out of their illusions before he did. He felt a bit insecure about that, at how he clung so tightly onto that fake perfection.

"We have been traveling for quite some time," Taehyung's deep voice rumbled. Sangdol's hooves tapped underneath. "I recommend that all of us take some time to rest."

General Jisoo just stared at Taehyung for a solid minute, which made him wonder if there were any flaws in his judgement. After all, he only wanted what was best for his team.

"Crowned Prince, it will be much better if we exit the forest first," General Jisoo turned around and pointed ahead before Taehyung could protest.

Taehyung followed General Jisoo's gaze, his eyes widening when he realized that the forest's exit was just a few feet away. A bright light was glowing from between the leaves and branches, a sight the prince didn't know would make him feel so relieved.

Slipping off his earmuffs, Taehyung squinted his eyes as they exited the forest. Once his vision finally adjusted, he opened his eyes once again. The image of District Drie's deserted and destroyed city instantly shattered the prince's mood of paradise outside the cursed forest.

Taehyung then remembered General Jisoo and turned towards her. She was just staring ahead at the village's burnt leftovers with sorrowful eyes. The prince felt bad for the general and remembered when he and Shay watched District Drie's beautiful garden burn to the ground.

"General Jisoo," Taehyung spoke sternly and swallowed when your grip around his waist suddenly tightened. "Are you alright?"

General Jisoo turned towards Taehyung and instantly covered her sad expression with a bright smile. "Yes, Crowned Prince. I am fine."

Taehyung didn't say anything for a moment. He just stared at General Jisoo and was horrified by how much she reminded him of himself. It was scary, almost as if he was staring at a mirror— especially because that vulnerability was so familiar.

"Wait a minute," Jimin spoke up from behind. He shuffled until he was next to Sangdol and unintentionally dragged Namjoon with him. "We're out already?"

"We took a lot longer," Jin glanced at Taehyung with glinting eyes, which made the prince stare right back. "I wonder why?"

Taehyung was slightly irritated by the fact that he most probably led the team to a different and much longer path. But before he could come up with an excuse, Yoongi stepped forward the chains of his handcuffs jingling.

"I think it was because we were on tree acid," Yoongi shrugged, the earmuffs now resting on his shoulders.

Taehyung wondered what this tree acid was. He tried to think back at his Earth experience to justify this. This made him wonder if he had missed a species of plant life that had acid as its sap— which seemed odd, even for a Vredeian like him.

"Tree acid? That sounds quite painful," Jungkook asked with a thick Vredeian accent. He tilted his head and blinked with his doe eyes and turned towards Hoseok, the human standing closest to him. "Do some trees of Earth have acid within their trunks instead of sap?"

"I do not think Earth has a use for plants like that," Taehyung mumbled without much thought. "They do not have sap-drinking flies there."

"Maybe it serves as a defense mechanism against other humans?"

"Like deforestation? Hm, you might be onto something, Kook."

Taehyung raised an eyebrow when he heard laughter. Turning towards it, he spotted Yoongi laughing out loud with a (bloody) gummy smile whilst Hoseok sounded like he was wiping plates in his throat.

"What?," Jungkook asked innocently, his blue eyes dripping with confusion. "Why are you guys laughing?"

Hoseok dramatically wiped away an invisible tear and let out an overreactive sigh. "Jungkook, what Yoongi meant to say was we were all just pretty fucking high. Higher than the god damn sk—"

"Crowned Prince," General Jisoo spoke before Hoseok could finish his sentence. "Although you suggested us to rest, we are only a few hours away from the royal palace. I am afraid that King Michael is in quite a hurry."

Taehyung tugged Sangdol's leash, which made the horse turn around towards the group. Everyone was just staring up at the prince silently. The way they all had to look up at him (because he was on a horse) almost made him feel powerful. He had a slight urge to make them kneel and pushed those thoughts at the back of his mind. His gem flashed a dark purple.

"Namjoon," Taehyung called out and scanned his eyes across the sea of soldiers. "Where are you?"

"Here," Namjoon raised his chained hands, thankfully out of his growling trance. He was standing behind Jimin, who was strangely sniffing his earmuffs.

Taehyung was yet to get used to Namjoon's clawed purple hand and his tendencies to lash out like an animal. Still, he was glad that the earth gem bearer had broken out of the venom's control. What worried him more was the fact that the venom was still in him.

"Come here," Taehyung cocked his head and stared at General Jisoo, who instantly got the message through his eyes. She grabbed nearby soldiers and walked out of earshot.

Namjoon took a quick glance at Jimin before he shuffled forward. A soldier tried to grab his arm to escort but the only received a loud growl and bared fangs. The earth gem bearer hissed at the cowering Helian and Taehyung swore that his tongue flicked.

Once Namjoon was in front of Taehyung, he couldn't help but stare at his scowling face and sharp fangs. "What is it?"

Taehyung was a bit surprised at Namjoon's harsh tone. Still, he leaned forward slightly and noticed that General Jisoo was staring. "Namjoon, listen to me carefully."

Namjoon's stone cold expression shifted to his normal one as he nodded. Taehyung was glad to see this. "I'm listening."

"When Sky and I enter the palace, you and the others will most probably be brought to the dungeon," Taehyung could see Namjoon visibly stiffen at the mention of a dungeon. "And with those magic blocking cuffs..."

Namjoon swallowed dryly, his adam's apple bobbing up and down as he did so. Taehyung didn't need to finish his sentence— both of them knew how high the stakes were. There was no guarantee of an escape or of anyone getting out of this unharmed... or alive.

"Our main goal is to survive," Taehyung whispered and ignored the slight desperation in his tone. "Keep the others safe no matter what."

Namjoon nodded and raised his chained wrists. He grabbed Taehyung's free hand and gave it a tight yet reassuring grip. "I promise with my life."

Taehyung hated the sound of that but didn't protest because he'd do the same. He glanced at Jungkook, who gave him a nod from behind Sangdol. Through his doe blue eyes, the angel told him that they would be fine.

"General Jisoo," Taehyung ignored the dread bubbling in his gut. "Lead the way."

-

Shay was tired. Each step she took was painful and heavy, her jelly-like legs threatening to give out any minute. The tip of her staff made a scraping sound as she lazily dragged it across the floor.

It was eerily silent in the palace's garden. There were no gardeners watering the plants or soldiers marching across the field. Instead, Shay only saw the colorful flowers and crumpled leaves scattered across the stone pathway. All the brightness made her eyes ache.

Shay walked silently towards the door. She glanced down at her hands and as the dried caking her palms and sleeves. Truthfully, the princess didn't even know whose blood was on her. It could belong to anyone but Animo's, whose body she never found.

The image of the three graves she dug herself would forever be burned into Shay's mind. She could still hear herself sob over them, more so when she caught the figures of Taehyung and his team walking away happily— as if they didn't leave death in her wake.

Shay remembered the framed photo Taehyung left behind. She glanced down at her hand once again, ignoring the blood and eyeing the small number one etched on her wrist. Sighing, the princess suddenly felt her eyes brim with tears.

"Macht," Shay sucked in a deep breath as her hands trembled. "Don't think about it. Don't think about it."

Shay sighed deeply as she continued to walk towards the door. Once she was in front of it, she noticed two soldiers standing on each side. They didn't say anything, instead they stared at the princess like she was some kind of ghost— with all the blood and dirt on her, it wasn't a surprise.

"Welcome back, Crowned Princess Shay," One of the soldiers finally spoke whilst the other avoided any eye contact.

Shay replied with a quick bow before the doors opened. She stepped into the palace quietly and could still feel the soldiers' gazes boring into the back of her head. Her soles tapped in a rhythm and filled the silent hallways.

Somehow, the palace halls seemed to be longer and colder than it used to be. Shay swore that walking towards the throne room never took her this long. Portraits of Hel's former rulers hung on each side in a parallel pattern. The princess that they were all glaring at her too and judging her very presence.

Even when Shay entered the large open ballroom, she still felt like she was suffocating. A lone maintenance crew was moping the floor, the slushing of soapy water echoing across the empty room.

Shay just watched the Helian woman clean for a moment and wondered if she was judging her as well. Even though she wasn't looking, it seemed like the princess could hear her thoughts— Look at this princess, dirty from head to toe, not even having the decency to make herself presentable to her own people.

Shaking her head, Shay turned around and continued her path towards the throne room. Passing another hallway and feeling more portrait eyes staring at her, it seemed like hours passed until she reached the familiar stone slab doors etched with Hel's logo.

The doors of the throne room creaked as they were opened from the inside. A bright light poured onto Shay's figure, the sudden brightness making her squint her eyes. After her vision adjusted, she saw two guards bowing down at her.

Shay nodded at the guards and stepped into the throne room. Glancing around, the princess eyed the draperies hanging down the walls. Some of them were generic designs of Helians with varying occupations (soldiers, farmers, etc.). Others were of deities like their head god Macht and Krystal, goddess of the sea.

Rows of pillars stood at each side, each one carved with the shape of both female and male soldiers holding swords or spears. Large firebowls were on the ground, each one lit up with bright red flames.

It all lead to the center, where the throne was located. The stone behind the throne was sculpted to resemble large black feathered wings that pointed downwards to whoever was seated. On the wall above it was a drapery of the current royal family.

Shay stared at her own smiling figure, then at Taehyung's and her mother. She wondered when was the last time she smiled that genuinely. Sighing, she shifted her gaze towards King Michael, who was also staring at the portrait.

"It seems that you've finally returned," King Michael spoke suddenly, his back still facing Shay. "It took you quite a while."

Shay waited for a bit until King Michael would face her then she realized how stupid that was. She slowly knelt down on one knee and crossed an arm over her chest. "I apologize. The circumstances were not... ideal."

King Michael finally turned around. Because Shay was still bowing, she didn't see the stunned and slightly relieved expression on him. When the princess looked up, all she saw was his familiar stoic face.

"Where are the rest of the Great Six?," King Michael asked after a moment of silence, his hands clasped behind his.

Shay froze and felt her hands tremble. She inhaled a shaky breath as the image of four graves flashed in her mind once. The urge to cry almost came over the princess and she bit her lip hard until it bled to stop herself.

"My team," Shay inhaled sharply and shut her eyes tightly. "Have all perished honorably in battle."

A silence passed. Shay wondered what was going on in her father's mind, if he felt pity towards her or the rest of her team. Maybe he'd take their bodies and order an honorary and extravagant burial for them. Maybe they'd have a spot in the Museum of Heroes. Maybe he'd even apologize and reassure the princess that everything was going to be alright.

Instead, King Michael sighed and shook his head in obvious disappointment. "I see. I have overestimated their abilities. Any news on your brother?"

Shay stared at King Michael in utter disbelief. That's it? Not even slight remorse for her dead teammates? Not even a relief for her own return? She just continued to stare at her father and hoped that he'd at least say something about it.

"Shayana Bristene," King Michael snapped, his sharp tone making Shay flinch. "I asked you a question."

Shay took another deep breath. It took every single finger in her body to stop herself for screaming at King Michael to at least acknowledge her team's efforts. "Taehyung and the wonders are traveling back to the palace as we speak."

"Ah," King Michael stepped down the stairs leading to his throne. Shay eyed his nearing figure. "So you do not know."

Shay hesitated to speak for a moment but King Michael's expression told her that being silent was a bad idea. "Do not know what, Father?"

"Did you just call me father?"

Still knelt down, Shay winced when King Michael's shadow loomed over her. Her bloody hands trembled as she braced for a hit, a kick, anything really. Instead, nothing came, but that terrified her even more.

"I apologize," Shay almost stuttered when her lips started to shake. "Your Highness."

King Michael stepped away and Shay released a breath she didn't know she was holding. "I sent General Jisoo and some of her men to capture the wonders, more specifically to bring Taehyung and the guardian to me for a meeting."

Shay was confused by what she just heard but she didn't bother to ask, rather she didn't want to engage in a possibly dangerous conversation. "The guardian as well?"

"Yes. Rise, Shay," King Michael ordered sternly. Shay rose slowly with her aching knees. "We will have a peaceful conversation... and you shall join us."

Shay felt her heart stop in her chest. The word peaceful was something she'd never thought she'd hear from King Michael. That aside, the scenario of you, Taehyung and herself in one room was so overwhelming that she already felt like exploding.

But no matter how much Shay wanted to protest, she knew better. King Michael wasn't going to take her's or anyone else's words for thought. Other than that, even attempting to go against him would lead to—

"I understand," Shay did another formal bow. She could taste the blood on her bottom lip. "I shall make preparations before their arrival."

"Good," King Michael turned around and walked back to his throne, his cape fluttering as he did so. "You are dismissed."

Shay bowed one last time before she marched towards the door, the staff nearly slipping out of her hands. She couldn't feel King Michael's gaze on her. With each step she took, the fire within her burned hotter and brighter.

Despite how much Shay knew about King Michael, she at least expected him to show a bit of gratitude in her return or mourn over the fact that four of his best magicals have all perished.

Instead, King Michael said nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Shay felt like her insides were burning. Her hands balled into fists as her teeth clenched. The doors of the throne room creaked open and the guards said something to the princess, but all she heard were incoherent murmurs.

Stomping deep into into hallway, Shay waited until the doors were closed. The light from the throne room faded as the doors creaked and finally shut, the loud slams echoing across the empty halls.

Shay took a few moments to breathe. She glanced down at her bloody hands and had another image of the Great Six— all five of them. Her whole body trembled as she frantically glanced around the area.

When Shay spotted a bust of King Michael resting on top of a little podium, her eye twitched. Her teeth clattered as she practically pounced at it and threw it to the floor. The stone shattered as it hit the ground, some of its pieces hitting the princess' legs.

Shay stared at the broken bust and at the cracked face of King Michael. When the princess suddenly saw her own face on the marble, she screamed and shot at the pieces with a purple laser beam of her staff. This left a charred patch on the red carpet.

Arguably, this has been the most Shay has felt since the last couple of hours. There is bile in her throat and a sting on her eyes. She bursts—an eruption that seems like it was years in the making. All she sees is red and all she can do is break.

Maybe that's all she has ever known.

Like a switch flipped on, Shay stops and so does the adrenaline. She pants, her exhales sounding shallow. She examines the damage laid before her. The wool over her eyes has lifted and she only sees two things: broken shards and her bloody hands. A messy spectacle.

It's an accurate portrait of herself. Damaged and abandoned.

-

A/N - credits to hotricebowl for writing the last few paragraphs!!!!!!!

FINALLY DONE OMGGG i'm so glad that Shay finally realized how much of an ass her dad is— and this might hint to something? Hmm

anyways not much to say cos I rlly want to upload this chap lol PLEASE anticipate the next chap!!!! like literally chap 90 will be wild..... also........ this story might end in chap 100 :(

That aside i hope y'all loved this chap!!! what do u guys think will king michael say to taesky hmm we'll find out i guess lol goodbye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 379 36
As a princess living a sheltered life, family ties have been a little off. One day, an elven prince comes to visit and dangerous events begin to unfo...
Kiss √ By peach

Fanfiction

372K 16.4K 61
❝she leaves behind a red kiss.❞ in which a cold-hearted murderer finds herself involved with the biggest gang in seoul. ━━━━━━ @peachies ✓ highest r...
223K 8.1K 51
𝑭𝒐𝒓 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒍𝒖𝒄𝒌, 𝒕𝒘𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒎𝒆𝒆𝒕. ‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ He was sure of his words, as he looked once more into Jungkook's...
153K 5.4K 53
Together, the Sins are stronger than ever and together they can reach their goal- but maybe someone isn't as trustworthy, they are sins after all... ...