Build | Justine Skye

By StoriesInParadise

After being on a hiatus for 2 years, Justine wants a fresh start and a new sound for her next upcoming album... More

Cast
Build Soundtrack
1.
2.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
NEWS
38.
39.
40.
41.
I MADE THE PLAYLIST FINALLY!!
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.

3.

794 39 11
By StoriesInParadise

Continued from the last chapter

July 24th, 1999

9:30 am

Justine Skye

I checked the clock that I had and it read 9:30 in the morning as I got up to use the bathroom after that my phone started to ring next to my bed as I went to the phone as I answered it.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Wassup Justine, this is Dalvin." Dalvin said as I smiled.

"Well Good morning Mr. Dalvin!" I said.

"Good morning, I was wondering uhm would you like to get some breakfast or something?" Dalvin asked.

"Sure I would love to, do you want me to come over your house? or are you going to pick me up?" I questioned.

"I can pull up to ya crib." Dalvin said.

I told him my address and he knew the location as we said our goodbyes and hang up. I went into the bathroom to take a quick shower and get ready for this breakfast with Dalvin. He seems like a really nice guy we sorta clicked I should say but I don't want to get attached I have done that. I was wearing something comfy since its 10 something in the morning too early to get all pretty and stuff so I waited for Dalvin to come as I heard a knock on the door as I got up and opened the door and seeing Dalvin front of my door as he smiled.

"Hey you looking good for a brutha!" Dalvin said looking at me up and down.

"Thanks, you looking good ya self!" I said as he smiled.

I grabbed my things and went to get breakfast with Dalvin. And so far so good I was having a great time with him as I did last night at his birthday party that I went.

"So you went to the studio with Devante? How was that like?" Dalvin asked.

"It was amazing we instantly got to work already got 1 song done and he has been writing more but I got tired so he took me home. Your brother is such a nice man hes a genius when it comes to music it didn't take him to write a song." I told him as he nodded.

"Yeah I know that's true, Devante can write a song under 10 minutes or less that is how talented he is. He always working and working on music that is all he does is do music." Dalvin said.

"Yeah I can most definitely see that." I said.

"He is very passionate when it comes to music, how was it when you guys were in Jodeci?" I questioned.

"Man De always wanted to work, he didn't want to go out all the time.. Always gotta write some lyrics down and then its a fucking wrap! I mean he would go out and have a good time, ya know have ladies over and shit but other than that music comes first to him then anything else." Dalvin said.

"He really that passionate, man I have always wanted to write my own songs but they wouldn't let me.. Like I didn't have control with anything because I was 15 during that time, it was hard but I kept pushing and that is when I became lost, hanging with the wrong person." I said stopping myself.

"Who was this person?" Dalvin asked.

"Its still hard for me to talk about." I said.

"I understand lil mama, you don't have to explain ya self you been through alot and I get it." Dalvin said.

"Thanks for being so understanding, maybe one day I will tell you." I said.

"Its no problem, and I am always one call away if you want to talk about it." Dalvin said as I smiled.

The breakfast place he took me was so good the people were nice, prices were nice, and the food was amazing I most definitely need to come back here again.

"So what do you have plan?" I asked.

"Shit I don't know, probably gon chill or something." Dalvin said.

"Do you still go in the studio?" I asked.

"Yeah, Actually I am working on my 1st solo album! going to release next year." Dalvin told me.

"That is great, I can't wait for it." I said as he smiled.

"Yeah same here, maybe one day I will let you come by to the studio and let you hear some of it." Dalvin said.

"I am cool with that." I said with a smile.

"Aight coo." Dalvin said as he wasn't trying to smile so he played it off.

He was taking me back to my place he walked me to my door as I turned around to face him.

"I had a really great time with you Dalvin, the breakfast was amazing." I said as he smiled.

"I had a great time too, maybe whenever you not busy we can do this again.. probably dinner or something?" Dalvin suggested as I smiled.

"Dinner is good, and you have to let me know whenever you not busy also." I said as he nodded.

"Aight I can do that." Dalvin said.

I gave him a hug and he was smiling real good as I pulled away he was holding onto my hand.

"I see you whenever Justine." Dalvin said as he kissed my hand.

"Bye." I said.

"Lata." Dalvin said as he walked away to his car.

I waved bye to him as I went inside my house and as I was heading into my room that is when m phone started to ring as I answered.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, this is Devante!" Devante said.

"Hey wassup?" I asked.

"Tryna see if you wanna hit back in the studio?" Devante questioned.

"Yeah I am down, I see you in a bit." I said.

"Aight coo, already there I'm still in the same room we used last night." Devante stated.

"Okay, I will see you in a few." I said.

"Aight lata." Devante said.

"Bye." I said as I ended the call.

So I re freshened up and I was on my way to the studio.

July 24th, 1999

12:33 pm

Studio in LA

Devante Swing

I was waiting for Justine to come by the studio to get this work done I already finished the song we were writing last night just making finish touches. I want her to read over the lyrics to see if shes like it or not ain't tryna force her singing anything if she doesn't like it ya know she wants a new sound but I want to make sure ya know.

"Hey De!" Justine said walking down.

"Sup Justine, I want you to read over these lyrics and to see if you feeling it." I said.

"Okay." Justine said taking the notebook from me as her hand touches mine.

Ain't gon lie I felt some spark by her touch but I was gon play off like I didn't feel what I just felt a second ago.

"Maybe." Justine said with a giggle.

"You good lil mama." I said.

She was reading over the lyrics and she instantly had a smile plastered on her face.

"I am really feeling this can we record this I think know how to see this song." Justine said.

"Yeah hop in there." I said.

[Chorus]

Two in the AM come and get it, get it

It's mine, do ya, do ya, do ya dig

You don't stay, you don't stay far from the crib

So baby pick up, pick up when I'm calling for it

Skrrrt, pull up, I want goodlove

Pull up, I want goodlove

All of a sudden she stopped singing causing me to be confused.

"Wassup? why you stopped?" I asked.

"I need an intro before I come up with this chrous." Justine said.

"Aight... like what?" I asked.

"You." Justine said.

"Excuse me?" I questioned with a confused look on my face.

"I want you on this track." Justine said.

"Aight then." I said.

"What do you want me to say?" I asked.

"Whatever comes to mind." Justine told me.

I nodded my head and got up that is when my boy static comes in the door.

"Wassup! Wassup!" Static said.

"Wassup nigga." I said giving him a handshake and a hug.

"Wanted to see what ya doing, I see you working." Static said.

"Yeah you can stay she won't mind." I said.

"Aight." Static said.

I told him that I was going into the booth with Justine as she waved at him.

"Static gon stay if that's fine?" I asked.

"Yeah that is fine." Justine said.

I told static to start the beat over and whatever came to my mind I said.

[Intro: Devante Swing]

Fiesta fiesta

Justine and Fiesta

Song:

Justine Skye- Goodlove

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.4K 3.9K 52
E.X.I.T 22, a very successful multi-platinum 4 member girl group gets dropped from their label Interscope Records due to constant fighting , and alte...
40.6K 2.4K 27
{Book Two} It's been two years since DeVanté's incident and Morgan has moved to California. Expect MORE drama. Enjoy! ✨ -status: slowly being edited...
4.5K 257 43
"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒆𝒏"... 𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐥 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐤𝐞, 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐨𝐩𝐮𝐥𝐚𝐫 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐫�...
79.2K 2K 35
"Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it." - Lloyd Alexander If you loved volume one you will absolutely love volum...