Dark Times

Autorstwa musicnotes

[complete]When agent Katerina Wild is hired to kill the most vicious criminal of the time, she meets the noto... Więcej

Character Aesthetics
I: Angioletto
II: Cretino
III: Trapped
IV: Birds
V: Chamber
VI: Hand, Head, Heart
VII: Stuck
VIII: Scissors
IX: Eloise
X: Fuckarella
XI: Hallucinate
XII: Kiss with a Fist
XIII: Stockholm
XIV: Red Light
XV: The Orphanage
XVI: Forest
XVII: Unspoken
XVIII: Papá
XIX: Niall
XIX(ii): Heat
XX: Noon
XXI: Two Ghosts
XXII: Stella
XXIII: Dinner
XXIV: Wonderland
XXV: Walk Alone
XXVI: Ready
XXVII: Gasoline
XXVIII: Arrival
XXIX: Arthur
XXX: Katerina
XXXI: Nervous
XXXII: Amore
XXXIII: Before the Storm
XXXIV: Sì, Yes
XXXVI: Crash
XXXVII: Control
Epilogue: Bright Times

XXXV: Silence

3.6K 155 177
Autorstwa musicnotes

a/n: this whole chapter is in third person pov, only because there's a lot happening and it's easier to keep up.

I suggest you listen to the song up top. It's for the chapter.

No matter what happens keep reading.

Song: Nature Boy (Acoustic) — AURORA

        Everyone was ready. They had trained hard for months, they knew this day would come, and although anxiety could be felt throughout the room everyone was glad they were going to put this to an end. Paul was dead, and now they wanted blood. He wanted blood. Harry had been incredibly close friends with Paul, they had been through thick and thin together, and after the pain of his loss was over, he knew he wanted to destroy the woman who had done this to him.

And she was ready too, Felicity knew they were coming, what she didn't know was that she was being set up. Damien had made her believe he had escaped, and that he was going to be back as soon as he could. He lied and told her he was in London, and in return for his kidnapping she attacked the orphanage she knew Harry and Louis had founded with Arthur's help. They were told she'd be there. The kids were safe, they moved to the mansion in time with Damien's help, after he had indeed flown back to London.

But that's where it was going to go down. The orphanage. And they were all ready. Mostly Katerina. The fact that Felicity was the cause of every single bad thing that had ever happened to Kat had finally gotten to her, and she was angry, she wanted to protect her father and her boyfriend, who she didn't get the time to enjoy her engagement with. She was tired of this bitch messing with her life, and she wanted her head on a silver platter.

So she got her gear on, and went to say goodbye to her father. "I'll be back, don't worry." She reassured him. She knew he was beyond distraught with the fact that she was going but it was her decision, and he had no right to stop her. No one did. The only reason he stayed was because he knew Felicity wanted them both, and he couldn't give her the satisfaction of completing her plan.

"You better." He muttered, moving closer and enveloping his only daughter in a warm hug. She put her arms around him and whispered goodbye one more time before walking back to stand next to Harry, Liam, and Zayn, in front of the multitude of men lined up in front of them.

"Alright, you all know the plan. A1s will ride on the first plane, A2s with me on the second, and A3s on the third. This ends now, all of us here have lost something because of this war and it is time we did something about it. Fight with courage, stand with me. Out!" Harry yelled, and the men moved out while he took his girlfriend's hand in his and gave her a squeeze.

They sat down together in the plane, and she pressed her face against this shoulder. "Promise me you won't get killed," she whispered against him.

She couldn't see his reaction, but he pursed his lips and withdrew a long breath. "You too." He murmured back, and she looked up at him with a sad smile and a nod, before pressing her nervous lips to his.

"You should sleep. You didn't get any last night." He told her, and she sighed.

"You too then."

"I'm too nervous to sleep." He confessed, and she sighed once again before he wrapped his arms around her, and she pressed herself against his chest so she could at least try to sleep.

   "I love you." She whispered against him, and he pressed his lips to her hair.

  "I love you." He whispered back.

It was silent for a while then, everyone just quietly waited until they were in front of the orphanage, they knew the plan, and A1 and A2 quietly moved through the front while A3 went out back. Niall and Louis and their troops had joined them by then as well.

It was already night time, and they could see around 30 men moving outside, and when they noticed the troops they began to shoot. They were no match for Arthur's men, Katerina took down 10 with a round, and no faculties happened until they ran inside and were greeted by around 400 more.

"Damien lied! He said only about a hundred men would be in the facility!" Katerina hissed through the chaos while she shot men through men.

Before Harry could reply another enemy approached her and tried to kick her in the face, but before he could she shot his leg, grabbed it, and swiftly spun him around and shot him in the face. By the time she had finished him she frantically looked up to find Harry. She noticed Zayn, Liam, Louis, and Niall were still fighting but she couldn't see him anywhere.

She took a nervous breath and moved quickly, shooting any enemy in her path and then the man in front of Niall, "Where's Harry?" She yelled through the chaos, looking behind her and shooting the man approaching them.

"He went ahead, look out!" He said, sending a shot to the man behind Kat.

"That's not part of the plan! I-" Someone came at her, hitting her in the head but he was shot by Zayn before she could end him.

"I need to find him." She grunted, he definitely caused a concussion but that didn't matter, she ran forward and Niall ran after her.

Harry made his way upstairs like they had planned, killing as many men as possible before he reached the floor he knew Damien was in, and when he got in he was greeted by a bunch of guns pointed at him, including Damien's.

"Don't shoot!" Damien hissed, before a sinister smile found its way to his face. "He's mine." And then he lunged forward with a knife, pointing at Harry who moved quickly to hit him in the head. He couldn't shoot him, it was part of the plan, but he could at least hurt him while he was at it.

He grabbed his knife from his belt pack, the only weapon he had left and slashed Damien in the left cheek, to which Damien responded with a snarl, and a swipe of his foot into Harry's jaw, surely breaking a few teeth.

Meanwhile Katerina shot and slashed all the men in her way. She had never fought this hard before, this was serious now, she had this feeling that if she separated herself from Harry something would go wrong, and now they were apart. He was a couple of floors up from her and she knew she needed to get there quick.

Niall and Zayn kept on her tail, not that she was looking behind, she moved like a ghost through the stairs, and although her heartbeat rang wildly in her ears she could hear everything. Every step, every shot sent at her. It was as if her body knew Harry was in danger and she had to help him. When she finally made it to them she had to stop for a second at the horrific sight in front of her.

There was the war Felicity wanted, blood on the walls, men shooting and slashing each other without probably even knowing what team they belonged to. And they all turned to look at her.

That's when it happened. The chance Damien had been waiting for.

When Harry turned to look at the door, at the woman who had stolen his life, heart, and soul he felt it. To him time had sped up.

To her it had slowed down.

Zayn and Niall launched forward toward them, but Katerina felt the ringing in her ear stop. She couldn't hear anything anymore. Not even her own screams as she witnessed Damien grab Harry's wrist, the one who held the knife Harry was surely about to use to protect himself and jam it inside Harry's neck.

And she watched Harry's eyes lock to her in alarm, before he fell, slowly, ever so slowly into his knees and back into the floor.

Time once again slowed down even more—as if that was even possible. Katerina could hear her own screams, her own feet move to him on the floor, and when her hand met his cold face and time caught up to her, and her screams swallowed up into pure pained sobs. It was like her heart had been stabbed, over and over, her brain was not even processing, she wanted to grab the knife in his neck and stab herself with it just so the massive pain would end.

Damien looked at her for a second, he had never seen her so vulnerable, so weak, and so destroyed. "Move out!" He yelled, and they all jumped out the windows, leaving the enemy behind.

"Harry! Harry! No, oh god no," she screamed, she could barely hear the sound of her own voice as she tried to hold on to the knife, and Niall came over to grab her away from the body, but she shoved him back and hugged her body to Harry's, "He's not dead, he's not dead." She cried, pressing her hands to his discolored lips.

"No! No, Kai can fix this." She cried, and Niall grabbed her again. This time he was prepared for any of her attacks.

"We have to leave, Katerina, he's dead we have to leave." But all she could do was scream and try to push toward him. Niall himself cried, his voice breaking as he explained that they were probably coming back.

"We can't, we can't he's not dead, he's not," she cried, thrashing around in his arms.

George, one of the soldiers came in, gasping at the sight, but turning toward his commanding officer. "Sir, we have movement on the map. They're coming back."

"We have to go, now..." was all she could hear as his voice began to fade with her scream. It all began to fade, the sounds, the lights, and probably her own heartbeat. And she let out one last exasperated "Harry!" before she felt her own body give up, and succumb to her pain.

A few days Prior // conversation between Arthur, Harry, and Damien

And then the room was quiet, until Damien spoke again with laughter in his voice, "So what I have in mind is... we fake one of your men's death, or a couple, and have them come after Felicity."

"Well that's stupid, how would we pull that off." Harry rolled his eyes.

"The same way I faked my death to Katerina. Felicity knows you captured me, but if I can find a way to send her a message and tell her we'll be in London sometime soon, she'll send for rescue. Now we can use that so that her men can witness me kill whoever is going solo. They all have cameras in their uniforms, she has footage of everything we do." He shrugged, and Harry began to believe this could work... but who would have to do it?

"I'll do it. This is my war. It's time I finish it." Arthur spoke, and Harry protested right away.

"Then she gets half what she already wants if you get caught. I think it's better if I do it." Harry mumbled quietly. He didn't know exactly how this was meant to go but he'd do anything to protect the girl he loved. Anything.

"I can work with that. But this is serious, everyone has to believe you died. Even Kat."

Harry began to pace around the room, "Why Kat? She wouldn't tell anyone. And if she thinks I'm dead she'd be devastated." He thought, and Arthur looked ahead, deep in his mind.

"No... He's right. If Kat knows she'll want to join you. And if she witnesses your death, it'll make it more believable." Arthur murmured; Harry looked at him in disbelief.

"And what makes you think she can handle seeing me 'die'? It'll break her." He protested once again.

"Because she already saw me die, Harry. Some sacrifices need to be made at times like this, and she will be back with you once this all ends. You're the only person I trust Harry."

"In other words...don't be a pussy. I won't actually kill you." Damien smirked, leaning his arms on the bars.

Harry breathed for a second, not truly grasping the task at hand but deep down he knew they were right. If he didn't do something it could end very badly, and he'd do anything to protect his girl.

"Fine."

a/n:  um so that happened. I'm not going to spoil you but there's two chapters and an epilogue left :)

  Please please if you like this story share it to your Wattpad followers! It helps a ton! Comments and votes as well just to get it discovered.

  All the love to you all :)

Delilah E.

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

72K 1.2K 71
Cen Miao opened her eyes, she lost all her memories and became the female matchmaker with a bad hand forever. Because of love and jealousy, but can't...
7.5M 400K 71
*CUPID'S MATCH BOOK 2* FIRST DRAFT Lila receives an ominous Valentine's Day card. Cupid & Cal are keeping a dark secret. Fate is being interfered wit...
601K 26K 48
Revenge. A word that can blindfold people and prevent them from seeing the light around them. It can destroy lives and love. It's not meant to be kep...
93.3K 3.4K 10
[COMPLETED] ᴡʜᴇɴ ꜱᴀᴍᴇᴇʀᴀ ꜰᴇʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴀɪʀꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ꜰᴇʟʟ ᴜɴᴄᴏɴꜱᴄɪᴏᴜꜱ, ꜱʜᴇ ɢᴀɪɴᴇᴅ ʜᴇʀ ᴄᴏɴꜱᴄɪᴏᴜꜱɴᴇꜱꜱ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴛᴏ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʜᴇʀꜱᴇʟꜰ ɪɴ ᴀɴ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴀʀᴇᴀ ᴏꜰ ᴀɴ ᴜɴꜰᴀᴍɪʟɪᴀ...