empress || hwarang

By GEMOfTheNight

"You are the Empress of China. Never ever forget who you are. From the day you were born, your fate has alrea... More

beautiful beginning,
beautiful past,
beautiful silla,
beautiful men,
beautiful parade,
beautiful football,
beautiful hwarang,
beautiful kiss,
beautiful physician,
beautiful truth,
beautiful revelation,
beautiful farewell,
beautiful ruler,
beautiful return,
beautiful excuse,
beautiful smile,
beautiful dragon,
beautiful phoenix,
beautiful ending,
beautiful appreciation.

beautiful confessions,

5.3K 213 19
By GEMOfTheNight

•|•|•

"I cannot. I will choose my own bride."

Jinheung clenched his fists in anger when he remembered how Hae-nim quietly walked away from him as she tried not to break down in tears. His heart break at the thought that he was the reason of those tears.

"Do you still not get it? What you want is irrelevant." Queen Jiso told him.

Jinheung glared angrily at her. "The traditions are irrelevant, not Hae-nim."

•••

After the Hwarang's performance, Jinheung walked away from the festival and looked up to find the Queen's guard climbed on his horse with someone in the distance and rode off. Liwen, Lu and Pa Oh rushed over to him with worried looks on their faces.

"Your Majesty."

"There is trouble." Pa Oh told him.

"What is it?" Jinheung asked in confusion.

"Just trouble?" Lu said in disbelief as he glared at Pa Oh. "This is more than that. This will be war!"

"Her Majesty is nowhere to be found. She is gone!" Liwen told Jinheung.

Jinheung's eyes widen in horror. "What?!"

"We looked everywhere for her, but could not find her." Pa Oh added.

Jinheung turned to the direction the Queen's guard took off. "I think the Commandant took her." he said, horrified.

Lu looked furious as he glared menacingly at him. "If something happens to her, you and Silla will pay. China will declare war." he threatened.

Jinheung shoved him away and ran off. Liwen, Lu and Pa Oh glanced at each other before following after him.

'No! She is endanger. This is what I am afraid of. I cannot, I will not let mother hurt her.'

•••

Hae-nim glared at Queen Jiso as she faced her inside the throne room of Wolseong Palace.

"What do you want, Jiso?" she asked and glanced at the Queen's guard beside her. "Kidnapping me and taking me here? If you want to kill me, go on then."

Queen Jiso glared at her as her guard draws his sword, but hesitation was in his eyes as he stared at Hae-nim.

"This is your only chance to do so." Hae-nim said, calmly. "Because, there will not be a second one."

"You!" Queen Jiso spat angrily at her as she clenched her fists. "I do not care how powerful you are. I do not care what you will do. You took him away from me, you influenced my son---"

"Your son? I took him from you?" Hae-nim said in a mocking way and glared at Jiso. "Do not be delusional, Jiso. You pushed him away, you were never a mother to Jinheung. You were a queen to him, than a mother!"

"Kill her!" Queen Jiso shouted angrily.

Hae-nim placed a hand on her cherry blossom hairpin, which was disguised as a sharp needle coated with poison. She watched as the reluctant guard lifted his sword and just as he was about to strike her down, a sword clashed with his. Hae-nim withdrew her hand from her hairpin and turned to look at her savior. It was Jinheung.

Jinheung easily disarmed the Queen's guard and protectively stood in front of Hae-nim. "Kneel. I am your master." he said through gritted teeth.

The Queen's guard immediately knelt in front of Jinheung. "Your Majesty."

"Jinheung." Hae-nim mumbled.

Queen Jiso's eyes widen in shock as she stared at her son. "What? What are you doing?"

Jinheung glared angrily at her as he sheath his sword and turned to face Hae-nim.

"Do you know how hard I tried to protect you? Are you going to ruin it all?" Queen Jiso asked.

Jinheung wrapped his arms tightly around Hae-nim's shoulders and glared at his mother. "Protect me? Hae-nim was the one who protected me all these years, not you! She is my subject. The only subject who can console the King of Silla. Hence, I must protect her." he said, earnestly.

"Sam Maek Jong!" Queen Jiso yelled in anger.

"I am not Sam Maek Jong! No, I am King Jinheung! The King of this country!" he yelled back and Queen Jiso was taken aback by the tone of his voice. "You must be a fool to commit a crime against the Empress of China. I shall never forgive you for trying to harm and kill Hae-nim, the woman I love."

Queen Jiso shakes her head in protest. "No! You cannot! I cannot accept this! You both-"

"Hae-nim will be a better Queen of Silla than you will ever be!"

•••

Jinheung and Hae-nim were walking side by side as they return to the Hwarang House.

"You are the most special person to me." Jinheung said as he glanced at Hae-nim, who turned to him. "And, the most troublesome."

Hae-nim sighed as she looked away. "Jiso will not let this slide." she told him.

Jinheung stopped walking and grabbed her hand tightly with his. "If anyone harms you, I will strike them down." he swore and looked at her.

Hae-nim smiled as she shakes her head in disbelief, while Jinheung frowned at her.

"I am serious!" he said as he glared at her before looking down at their intertwined hands and pulled her to his chest.

"I confessed you are the woman I love in front of my mother, and you think I am joking?" he added in annoyance.

Hae-nim became quiet and looked down. She was smiling because she was happy. She was happy that despite their uncertain future, Jinheung was determined to be with her.

Jinheung glared softly at her. "I have confessed countless of times, directly and indirectly. However, every single time I would tell you how I truly feel, you would run off or paralyze me!" he complained in annoyance.

Hae-nim bit her lower lip. "I am sorry." she mumbled.

Jinheung sighed heavily. "Every time I look at you, I want to hold you and never let go. Every time I look at you, I want to kiss you until you are breathless. Every time I look at you, I want to give you everything. Every time I look at you, I want to stay by your side. Every time I look at you, I want to throw everything I have and run away with you." he said sincerely as Hae-nim's eyes widen. "What must I do? What must I do for you to see me?"

Hae-nim looked up at him. "I see you, I do." she said, softly.

Jinheung smiled as he placed a gentle hand on her cheek. "When I am with you and when I see you, it drives me mad. I forget about who I am and what I must do." he said and pressed his forehead against Hae-nim's. "I wish I could just forget who I am, so I can be with you."

Hae-nim heart ached as she placed a hand on top of Jinheung's. 'When I am with you, I forgot that I am someone that will rule a powerful empire on her own. Also, I forgot that you belong in Silla and I belong in China. I forgot that I have to decide for both us.'

•••

Hae-nim was standing beside Wi Hwa, stifling her laugh as she stared at a smiling Pa Oh and an annoyed Jinheung. Each Hwarang was assigned with a subordinate, Head of Disciples.

"You must become as one, teach and be taught, and compete with other Hwarangs. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Master!"

Jinheung looked at Hae-nim, who looked back at him with an encouraging smile on her face. He sighed in annoyance as he glanced behind him, where Pa Oh was standing.

•••

Hae-nim poured some lavender tea in a cup in front of Han Sung. She was making tea when Han Sung came running inside the infirmary.

"This is the first time seeing you so down, Han Sung. I heard your older brother is one of the Head of Disciples, and he chose Sun Woo as his master instead of you. Are you upset because of that?"

Han Sung sighed and looked at Hae-nim. "Our grandfather is especially good to me, but he hates my brother just as much. I like my brother more than my grandfather." he told her.

Hae-nim nodded in understanding. "The relationship within your family is complicated." she said.

"Do you have any family?" Han Sung asked.

Hae-nim smiled sadly as she shakes her head. "No, I am the last of my family." she said as Han Sung stared sadly at her. "Do not worry about me. I am fine, because I found a new one."

"I am disappointed that my brother is not my disciple, but I am relieved that he is Sun Woo's, since Sun Woo is a good person." Han Sung said and smiled happily.

Hae-nim nodded. "You are right. Sun Woo is a good person." she said and smiled at Han Sung.

"I think he is the coolest Hwarang." Han Sung added.

Hae-nim chuckled. "Is he really?" she asked.

Han Sung nodded. "He is. That is why I am relieved that my brother is his disciple." he said and drank his tea.

Hae-nim smiled in amusement when she thought of Jinheung and Pa Oh as Hwarang and Head of Disciples.

•••

Hae-nim walked through the training field and saw Sun Woo trying to shoot an arrow while riding a horse. She stood underneath the shade of a tree as she watched Sun Woo.

"He is working really hard." she mumbled happily.

Hae-nim smiled encouragingly at Sun Woo when he missed the target. Her smile disappeared when she saw something was wrong. Sun Woo suddenly wobbled on his horse and fell backward towards the ground.

Hae-nim's eyes widen in horror. "Sun Woo!" she cried out worriedly as she rushed to his side.

Sun Woo laid unmoving on the ground with his eyes closed. Hae-nim quickly placed her head on his chest and heard his heart still beating. She let out a deep sigh of relief as she sat up.

"He is still breathing, that is good." she mumbled.

Hae-nim's eyes widen when Sun Woo suddenly sat right up and crashed his lips on hers. Sun Woo slightly pulled away and stared at her in a daze.

"I like you."

Hae-nim froze as Liwen and Lu appeared behind Sun Woo with a furious look on their faces and harshly hit his head with the hilt of their swords.

"You disgraceful Hwarang! How dare you disrespect Her Majesty!" Liwen shouted angrily.

Lu glared menacingly at Sun Woo. "Die, pheasant!"

Sun Woo fell on the ground again unconscious as Liwen and Lu loomed over him, while Hae-nim covered her lips with her mouth as she stared at Sun Woo in shock at what happened.

•••

Hae-nim stood beside Sun Woo's bed in the infirmary with Jinheung, Dan Sae, Soo Ho, Ban Ryu and Yeo Wool. Jinheung glanced at Hae-nim and grabbed her hand before dragging her outside.

"Are you okay?"

Hae-nim nodded. "I am fine. Just worried for Sun Woo."

Jinheung smirked. "Worried for him?" he asked as he leaned his face closer to hers. "Are you not worried I will be jealous?"

Hae-nim shakes her head in disbelief as she pushed his face away from hers. "This is not the time to be jealous, your roommate fell off a horse." she told him and walked back inside the infirmary.

Jinheung chuckled as he cross his arms and turned to look at Hae-nim's retreating figure.

•••

Four days later, Hae-nim walked inside the infirmary to check on Sun Woo and stopped in her tracks when she saw Soo Ho and Yeo Wool sleeping beside Sun Woo. She smiled as she watched them.

"Ah, how sweet."

Jinheung and Ban Ryu walked in the infirmary and stood beside Hae-nim and frowned at the sight of their roommates.

"Sore to the eyes." Ji Dwi complained and covered Hae-nim's eyes.

Ban Ryu turned to him and frowned at his actions, while Jinheung glanced at him and raised an eyebrow.

"What are you looking at?" he asked.

Ban Ryu cleared his throat and looked away as Hae-nim sighed and patted Jinheung's hands.

"I cannot see." she complained.

Jinheung frowned as he shakes his head. "No."

Hae-nim pinched his arm and Jinheung yelped in pain as he withdrew his hands. She glared at him and looked back at Sun Woo. Ban Ryu smiled before stifling his laugh, but then cleared his throat when he saw Jinheung glare at him.

"It is so hot. How uncomfortable."

Hae-nim's eyes widen when she heard Sun Woo's voice and saw he was starting to open his eyes. She watched in amusement as Sun Woo glanced between Soo Ho and Yeo Wool.

Sun Woo quickly sat up and looked at the two. "How did this happen? What are you doing?" he asked in confusion.

Hae-nim smiled. "You were cold last night, so they volunteered to warm you up." she explained as Sun Woo turned to her in surprise. "They were worried about you."

Sun Woo stared at her as he felt his face heat up, while Hae-nim looked at Soo Hoo and Yeo Wool, and chuckled when they finally woke up.

Soo Ho looked at Sun Woo. "I saved you." he said.

Yeo Wool moved closer to him. "We saved him together." he corrected him and wrapped his arms around him.

Soo Ho recoiled and pushed his hand away. Sun Woo looked uncomfortable as he stared at them, while Hae-nim, Jinheung and Ban Ryu smiled in amusement.

•••

Hae-nim was fixing the infirmary's curtains when she noticed Sun Woo walking towards her.

"You are up? Did you drink the tonic I left for you? You have been out for four days and you must be drained, the tonic will regain your energy."

Hae-nim turned to Sun Woo and smiled at him.

Sun Woo awkwardly bowed to her. "Thank you for taking care of me." he said, sincerely.

Hae-nim shakes her head. "Of course, I am the physician, it is my job." she told him, walking over to her table and grabbed a letter. "This is from Ah Ro. I told her about what happened to you, she has the right to know. She is very worried, why not visit her? You two are siblings."

Sun Woo took the letter from her as he awkwardly scratched the nape of his neck. "I will. Actually, we are not siblings." he told Hae-nim, who looked at him in confusion. "Ah Ro and I are not siblings."

Hae-nim furrowed her eyes in confusion. "You are not? I do not understand. How?"

Sun Woo chuckled awkwardly. "Ah Ro is the sister of my deceased friend, I assumed his identity to stay at the capital. You see, I was born outside the capital as a peasant." he explained.

Hae-nim smiled. "I am glad you were able to tell me this, Sun Woo." she said as Sun Woo smiled. "I know nothing is stopping you from practicing again, but be careful from now on. There are people who will worry about you, and I am one of them."

Sun Woo looked surprised for a moment and smiled gratefully at her. "I will be careful from now on. Do not worry about me."

The two were staring silently at each other when suddenly Sun Woo remembered what happened four days ago, the kiss and his confession. His eyes widen in horror as he looked at Hae-nim.

Hae-nim looked at him, confused. "Is something wrong, Sun Woo?" she asked in concern.

Sun Woo found himself looking at her lips and he froze.

"Sun Woo?"

Sun Woo looked frantic. "I do not like you like that!" he blurted out.

Hae-nim's eyes widen in surprise and remembered what happened four days ago. "The kiss-"

Sun Woo didn't let Hae-nim finish and ran off. 'It was not a dream. I did kiss her and told her I like her. How stupid can I be?'

Hae-nim shakes her head and sighed in disbelief. "This is getting complicated."

•••

Hae-nim walked towards the stream with Liwen and Lu, who were both holding a basket of laundry. Hae-nim looked up and saw Jinheung and Sun Woo by the stream with smiles on their faces. She held a hand up to Liwen and Lu, and they stopped walking to watch.

Jinheung started teasing Sun Woo and ran away as Sun Woo chased after him. Sun Woo grabbed Jinheung in a headlock and threw him in the water.

Liwen's eyes widen in shock. "Did Master Sun Woo just throw His Highness in the water?" she asked in disbelief.

Lu smiled in amusement. "I like this Sun Woo guy."

Liwen frowned at him. "I thought you hated him?" she asked, confused.

Lu glanced at her. "General Ai Liwen, you should know that, this is about choosing the lesser evil." he explained and Liwen stared at him as if he was crazy.

Hae-nim smiled warmly as she watched Jinheung stand up and grabbed Sun Woo before falling in the water.

Hae-nim's heart fluttered at the sight of the two wrestle in the water. She never saw Jinheung like that to anyone but her, and she couldn't help but wanting to protect the growing friendship of the two. So, she decided to keep the secret of her kiss with Sun Woo. It was a harmless kiss, an accident.

"Jinheung found a friend." she mumbled happily.

Hae-nim sighed and turned to Liwen and Lu. "Let them be. We can come back later." she said and walked away.

Liwen and Lu glanced at Jinheung and Sun Woo before following after Hae-nim.

"So, the Sacred Bone found a friend."

"Master Sun Woo is a good guy.

•••

Hae-nim was reading a book in the infirmary when suddenly the doors burst open and Jinheung came rushing in.

"Jinheung? What is wrong?"

"Sun Woo lost the bracelet." Jinheung told her.

Hae-nim eyes widen in horror as she stood up from her chair. "What?!" she exclaimed before whistling.

Liwen and Lu rush inside the infirmary, hearing her whistle, and stood behind Jinheung with their head down.

"Your Majesty."

Hae-nim looked worried. "Find Jinheung's bracelet. It must be found whatever happens!" she ordered.

Liwen and Lu nodded with a determined look on their faces and quickly left the infirmary, while Hae-min sat back down as Jinheung walked over to her with an amused look on his face.

"You look more worried than I am. It is my bracelet, I should be the one worrying over it." he told her.

Hae-nim turned and glared up at him. "Your problems are my problems! Your worries are my worries!" she said loudly and looked away in concern.

Jinheung smiled as he sighed dreamily at her. "I fell for the right woman." he told himself.

Hae-nim could feel her face warming up as she stood up to face him. "You look like an idiot." she mumbled and quickly walked away from him.

Jinheung smirked and cross his arms as he watched her retreating figure. "That is right, I am an idiot because I am in love."

.
.
.

"We can lie with words, but not with our hearts."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40K 2.5K 58
[Re-editing the chapters from 1 to 20 and also changing the name of female lead after finishing the story] [NOT AN MAFIA OBESSION STORY] KIM TAEHYUNG...
12K 427 62
This fanfic is from Jin Ling's point of view. Request you to please read the novel and watch drama as it contains lot of spoilers. The order of occu...
16.6K 849 39
King Jin Heung is fighting for his throne. While nursing a broken heart. But one day he meets a beautiful and mysterious creature in the forest. C...
4.5K 253 35
"Why it's always me . I loved him first but he never. Why why WHY...... Which thing i don't have, just tell what I. Don't. Have." She said while cryi...