beautiful kiss,

•|•|•

•|•|•

Hae-nim sat inside the gazebo with her eyes close and her head resting by the pillar. Unbeknownst to her, Jinheung stood nearby with a smile on his face as he stared lovingly at her. Liwen and Lu stood behind him with their head down.

"Her Majesty has been up the whole night. She heard about Master Wi Hwa's assignment to the Hwarang." Liwen explained and glanced at Lu, who took out a folded paper.

"What is that?" Jinheung asked.

Lu handed him the folded paper. "She drew this for you, Your Highness. For you to further understand the assignment given to the Hwarang." he explained.

Ji Dwi unfolded the paper and saw a drawing of two birds and a tree. Liwen and Lu glanced at each other and nodded.

"There is no one in the infirmary, so we must be on our way. We do not want to disturb Her Majesty."

"If you wish to stay, Your Highness, please do not wake her."

Liwen and Lu walked back to the infirmary, while Jinheung sat beside Hae-nim as he stared at her drawing.

"If you look closely, it is a drawing of a character. King."

Jinheung turned his head to the side and saw Hae-nim opened her eyes, but did not look at him.

"A tree with an adult bird flying beside a nest, and a younger bird that fell from the same nest to the ground. The younger bird is looking up at the other bird." Hae-nim explained as Jinheung stared at her in confusion. "The adult bird is Jiso, and you are the younger bird." Jinheung's eyes widen as Hae-nim turned to look at him. "You are like a small bird that fell from his nest."

Jinheung smiled mockingly as he looked at the drawing again. "I am a small bird?"

Hae-nim stared at him with a serious look on her face. "Jiso has no intention of stepping down anytime soon, so you must become stronger on your own and rise up." she said and placed a gentle, comforting hand on Jinheung's shoulder.

Jinheung smirked as he removed her hand on his shoulder, and placed his head on her shoulder. Hae-nim smiled softly and placed a hand on the side of his head.

"When I first saw you, you looked like you were the loneliest person in the world. Your eyes were blank, it was void of any emotions. You did not care at all." Hae-nim said as Jinheung smiled mockingly.

"Loneliest?"

Hae-nim's eyes widen in shock as Jinheung leaned closer to her.