beautiful return,

•|•|•

•|•|•

'I have returned.'

Flags with a Phoenix symbol embroidered on it danced in the wind as three figures on horseback ride through the forest in a fast pace. Not less than fifty imperial soldiers were following closely behind them fully armed with spears and shields in their hands, swords strapped around their waists, and a bow inside their quiver full of arrows behind their backs.

"I see them, Your Majesty! They are out in the field."

"Good. Liwen, you take the right, Lu, take the left. Split up and protect the Hwarang and the people of Silla!"

"Yes, Your Majesty!"

Hae-nim's horse sprinted out of the forest as she nocked an arrow to her bow and aimed at the Crown Prince of Baekje before releasing it, hitting the prince in the shoulder. With that, arrows started flying from every direction towards the men of Baekje, and both, Liwen and Lu rushed out of the forest towards the open field with the imperial soldiers.

The Hwarang turned and their eyes widen in shock.

"What? What is this?"

"They are imperial soldiers from China!"

"Woah! Did they come to help us?"

Liwen and Lu went to Wi Hwa and smiled at the Hwarang as the imperial soldiers surrounded the citizens of Silla, and placed their shields down around them before standing behind their shields with their spears pointing at the remaining Baekje men.

Lu smirked. "I see that we arrived just in time." he said and looked at Wi Hwa.

"How are you Master Wi Hwa?" Liwen asked as she bowed politely to the chief instructor of Hwarang.

Wi Hwa's eyes widen in shock before laughing in amusement. "Well, look who it is!" he said as he looked around. "That was quite an entrance!"

Jinheung stared at Liwen and Lu in shock. He could feel his heart beating excitedly inside his chest as he thought of Hae-nim's return. He turned around just as a horse sprinted past him with a rider, who was wearing a mask.

Hae-nim looked dignified on her horse as she faced the Crown Prince of Baekje. "You are in Silla's land right now, you must have lost your way while hunting." she said sarcastically and narrowed her eyes. "Crown Prince Chang of Baekje."

Crown Prince Chang glared at her. "Who are you?" he asked through gritted teeth.

Hae-nim smirked. "Silla sent Princess Sook Myung, and the Hwarang to Baekje for amity, is that right? Yet, you followed them here with armed men. You must be waging war." she said and glanced around the few remaining men of Baekje. "Your few men, are no match with mine!"