Sheltered

By s_later

As Savanna's dull life takes a turn for the worse, will she make the right decisions? And more importantly, w... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63

Chapter 27

5 1 0
By s_later

"So... You needed me?" Savanna asks curiously.

Drew smiles widely.
"Mhmm."

There's a pause.

"So? What do you need?" Sav asks awkwardly.

"Well, we've been observing your behavior and activities, and Griff has made the final decision on your position!" Drew exclaims, clearly more excited than Savanna.

"My position in the team? Well, what is it?" Sav asks, smiling slightly.

"We decided on- for now, at least- recruiter! We figured that since you're going back to school tomorrow, you'll be able to scout out new members."

"Right... School." Sav's heart skips a beat as she remembers. "Sounds perfect. Thank you so much." she steps forward to hug Drew.

"Of course! You deserve this position, I think it's perfect for you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, did Drew tell you?" Oli asks Savanna as she walks to their bunk.

"Mhm! Recruiter... Sounds cool, I guess."
Sav shrugs.

Olivia sighs.
"You've been acting weird."

"Really? Hm, wonder why..." Sav mutters sarcastically, a mix of annoyance and hurt in her tone.

"It's going to be fine. You know we have communications with them. Ian even said that things are going just as planned." Olivia reassures her.

"I know." Sav sighs.
She opens her mouth to speak, but closes it again.

Oli stares at her, trying to read her face.
As Savanna looks up to meet her gaze, she sighs again.

"Why hasn't he talked to me? He hasn't even said 'say hi to Savanna for me' or anything."
Sav swallows the lump in her throat, holding back tears.

"You know how busy Ian is. Besides, he's focussed on keeping things professional, and just worrying about what's going on at the border. He has a lot on his plate, Sav."
Olivia stares at Savanna, a gentle glimmer in her eyes.

"Yeah, I know... Sorry." Savanna takes a deep breath. "Let's talk about something else".

"Ok..." Olivia thinks for a moment. "Want to go get ice cream?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.4K 363 31
Life starts off just the way she like it growing up until it changes and she has to adapt to the point where it's all new. then when she get used to...
29.6K 1.4K 47
𝐖𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐀 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭, 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞...
1.1K 42 34
Lola has always dreamed of getting into vet school, but when she finds out that her whole family is moving to Orlando she isn't 100% convinced that i...
386 75 19
Daniel has shifted to his new school and is enjoying his school days there. He has got friends and a good life with him Until something happens one d...