My saving grace

By Rad1619

Elizabeth is a single mom and On the edge of giving up she has her good days and her bad days. On one of her... More

Ch 2
Ch 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 5b
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Ch 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 12 part 2
Chapter 13
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 14

Chapter 1

134 4 0
By Rad1619

Stiles pov
I got up and stretching while groaning feeling my back and knees pop " okay guys I have to go I have to work at the bakery in the morning. " Scott hopped up and hugged me bye I could smell the alcohol on him. The rest waved, tonight was Scott's bachelor party.

I walked out to my Jeep zipping my jacket up. It was cold tonight, who even had a wedding in December. Sure it was still early October but still. It's cold and okay I did like the cold sometimes. Tonight it was cold for October here. But a wedding should be warm because it's supposed to be the best day of your life. I sighed , oh well not mine... never will it be mine.

I started driving home. Great and Its going to start raining. I had a small house but it was nice and cozy, good starter home is what dad called it.
I was almost home when I went across a bridge right before my road. Something caught my eye on the railing. I slowed down there was a girl climbing to the edge. What was she doing ?! slamming on my brakes parking, I got out quickly and jogged over.
I could hear her yelling at her self
" this is the only way out don't back out now ! God damnit Elizabeth jump. "
I got a little closer
" ma'am !" She flinched and looked at me
I felt it what my dad always told me
Love at first sight
" go away this is none of your business!"
" well ma'am I can't. That would be blood on my hands. Well also I'm a ... baker and all my feelings go into my cooking. But most of all I think you'd regret it right when you step off that ledge. I think you'd think of everything good in your life. And I see you have a macaroni necklace on. So either you're a elementary teacher or have a child. Are you okay leaving your child motherless? " I couldn't tell her I was a cop she might think I was just doing it for the job. Not just because of my personality.

She didn't answer but she bit her lip and wiped her face. " I take that as a no and uh just trust me I know someone who grew up half their life with out a mother. He didn't seem to happy sometimes. "
She stomped her foot " w-why did you have to stop me ? He would have gotten money and my father could have watched him and taken care of him. " she looked away from me and back over the edge to the creek below. 
" he still needs a mom. He needs to hear his mom remind him he's amazing , and that he's her everything. I don't know what is going on but I'll make sure I find out. I'll get to know you and be your best friend. Just please! Please ! Get down. " she came back to the railing. I went over and helped her down.

" see you didn't want to do it " I give her a warm smile
She glares at me " no I just didn't want to infront of someone "
" no you got down to easily "
She started walking
I sighed and went over to my Jeep.
I looked around she didn't have a car. I caught up to her
" hey do you need a ride ?" She looked back at me and then back to the road infront of her.

She nodded. We ran back over to the Jeep.
I started it and put the heat on.
" sorry I'm getting your seat wet. "
I smiled " it's fine I am too .. so I'm not trying anything when I say this but my house is literally 5 minutes away. Would you be okay if we went there ? "

She nodded again.
I went to my house. I pulled into my garage and shut the door. She followed me in the house.
" so I only have one bathroom so I'll let you use it but first I'll get you some clothes. I have some basketball shorts that tie so you could wear those and I have T-shirts. I uh you can wear one and I'll put your clothes in the dryer." The shorts should fit her they were X-large i had bought them on accident one day but she was bit hippy.

" okay ". I went in my room and got them I turned to give them to her but she hadn't followed me in. I went back to the living room / kicthen. " so there they are uh okay the bathroom is right there and oh towels are under the sink. "

She went in and shut the door I heard it lock.
Shit stiles get your shit together.

I jumped when my phone started ringing. It was dad
" hello "   ' hey you're working tomorrow morning at the bakery right ? And then you're working 2-10 here at the station '
" yeah I have to be at the bakery at 5:30 get off at 1:30 then I'll be there soon as possible. "
  ' okay just double checking and how was Scott's party did he like it ?'
I laughed " yeah he was really tipsy when I left and I'm sure the guys will be feeling it in the morning. 6 bars in one night and it's not even midnight. "
" I thought it was 8?"   " I didn't realize we had to wait for Derek to get off work so we pregamed at his house before we went out. "
   I heard the door open to the bath room I turned around and she was standing there with all her clothes wrapped in a towel. My hoodie fit her fine and my shorts did seemed fine on her hips. 
  I hadn't been paying attention what dad was saying " uh hey dad i gotta go someone's at the door. Love you " I hung up

I went over and took her clothes.  " w-what's your name ?" " stiles " she made a questioning face but didn't ask. " so I'll dry these now and then you can change back in the morning. I am leaving pretty early for my job just to let you know. "

She hadn't said anything assuming she nodded. I throw her stuff in and turn it on. I go in my room and change.

When I come out she was already asleep on the couch. I went and put a blanket on her.

I stand there for a minute and turn the light under the stove on and turn the rest of the lights out.
I lay down in my bed. She's not going to steal anything. Right ?

Nah she was to shy for that... yet I knew better than that but I was sticking to it.

I rolled over and went to sleep.

The 4:45 wake up call came all to early !
I got up and took my clothes in with me to shower. Brushed my teeth , fixed my hair then I remembered there was a random girl sleep on my couch I run out to the living room.

She wasn't here ... I checked the dryer the only thing in there was a towel folded. with a note 'thank you -Elizabeth '
I sigh maybe I'd see her again.

Five days later ——

I get a call there is car crash and they need me at it. I change into my uniform and tell my employees to hold the fort down. 

I pull up and it's a semi had ran a red light hitting a car on the passenger side. 

The second ambulance hadn't left yet. There was a women sitting on the edge of the curb in hand cuffs her head on her knees. Body shaking  I knelt down.
" ma'am ". I say softly
She looks up eyes filled with tears eyes with her lip bleeding.
We stared at each other
" stiles?" Is all she said. 

Before she threw up in the grass beside her.
It was blood
" I need a medic !" I scream. 

" Elizabeth you're going to be okay ".  The paramedics come over.

I go over to the deputy who's here. He's new
" why is she in hand cuffs "
" she punched a police officer in the face "
I sighed " was her child in her car ?!"
He nodded. " and that's where the first ambulance went with the child ?"
" yes ?" " god you're an idiot. That's her child. It's her instinct to go with said child. I'm taking her to the hospital. I'll get her report and you take care of this. " I didn't even wait for his response. Semi driver had had a massive heart attack and was dead on the seen. Well she'd be going by ambulance.
I followed the ambulance to the hospital.

I looked for Melissa when I got there. She was Scott's mom and my mom when I needed one since mine was gone.
I didn't see her anywhere and of course they all were scrambling to help Elizabeth's child.

I saw the emt that took her and asked him where she was he showed me.

I had to wait till that figured out What was wrong and stabilized her.  I had been waiting for 30 minutes.  I heard dad and Melissa before I saw them.  I turned around, dad looked pissed and Melissa was trying to calm him down. 

" stiles you don't just leave a wreck with a officer who's only been on for couple of weeks.  You stay and wait and investigate.  But instead you take his person out of custody and make her come to a hospital " he was livid.

Melissa didn't say anything " dad she was throwing up blood and of course she hit him.  He wouldn't let her see her child who is now probably trying to be stabilized so he can be air lifted to a children's hospital 60 minutes away. If that was me in the car I know you'd fight who ever came in between us right ?"

He didn't back down but his face was softened.  " okay I'll give that to you that's it. One more slip up and you're on probation"
I turned back around and looked in the window as they had called a surgeon down to see if she was stable enough for him to do surgery on.  

When dad had finally left to go on another call. Melissa came over " that's pretty gutsy of you.  That's four in the past two months.  First you run in a fire and then couple of wrecks and now this. ".
I shrugged " stiles are you still going to therapy"   I shook my head no

She sighed " maybe .."  I looked back at her " should go back ? No I can't.  Listen no one can help me. I'm just useless and worthless I don't fit in anywhere I go okay ? And being a cop ... at least I know dad is somewhat proud of me. "
I had tears in my eyes I had been struggling with anxiety and depression for years now.
She didn't Say anything ... she knew better that nothing she said would help.

She sent me home an hour later and would tell me when Elizabeth woke up.

Walking out I realized she had talked about her dad... I drive over to the station and went back to evidence.

I find her phone and shit there's a lock. I sign it out of evidence and drive way over the speed limit back to the hospital.

What the hell was I doing.  I could lose my job over this.
But she'd be worth it I just know it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 371 28
๐ŸŽต ๐™จ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™›๐™–๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ž๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™š ๐™จ๐™ฉ๐™–๐™ง๐™ฉ๐ŸŽต Months before the pack graduates and leaves beacon hills behind, they are left with one last remi...
774K 20.8K 103
๐„๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฆ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š๐ฅ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ฌ ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ฌ๐ž๐ช๐ฎ๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ฌ Riley Winters knew noth...
46.9K 1.3K 32
Stiles Stilinski is having panic attacks, nightmares and flash backs over his possession from the Nogistune, while trying to get back to normal and...
6.3K 188 33
Stiles and Scott have known about the dangers of the world they live in, since Scott became a werewolf, little under 3 years ago. But now the super n...