Step Into the Sun ||Treebros||

By pandanekolove

Connor is an interesting guy. No friends, and everyone basically hates him. One day, he meets someone who wil... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter (insert correct number)
chapter (...I forgot oops)
chapter...um..why do I never remember
(i blanked at "title your story part")
chapter... 9 I think
chapter 10
11
chapter...12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 17
Chapter..... 18?
chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
chapter 22
Chapter ...23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

chapter 16

4.1K 194 361
By pandanekolove

Tw: blood? (I'll add a warning/end of warning)

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Evan's POV

I stare at Connor for a little bit. He kind of seems... Embarrassed?

"Connor, is-" I start.

"Hey, Evan-" He says at the same time.

"You can go first," I offer.

"No no, you go," he declines.

"No, really, you should go."

"Evan, I want you to go first," he insists.

I eye him skeptically. "Alright," I shrugged, "OK, I'll go. Um... What did your dad say to you?"

Connor blanches. "Uhh-"

"Sorrythatwasrude, I... Um... itdoesnthaveanytingtodowithme, I'm sorry," I apologize quickly.

Connor laughs. "Actually, it does, but never mind."

I nod. "So... Your turn."

Connor shifts in his bed nervously. "Well... Um..." He hesitantly glances at me.

"Yeah?" I ask.

Pink rises to his cheeks for a second, and I barely miss it.

"So... Um... Whodoyoulike." He blurts.

I blush. How can I answer that?! Do I just tell him I like him?! What if he doesn't feel the same?! Then what?!
"U-uh, I.. Um..." I blabber.

He blushes too. "Sorry sorry, that was a terrible question, you don't have to answer it-"

"Zoe," I lie a bit too quickly. Well not really. Its 1/2 a truth.

Connor smiles. "Really? Oh. So you like my sister."

I nod. I wasn't lying. I think.

Connor smiles again. This was really uncommon for him. He doesn't smile this often, and it doesn't look genuine right now. Did I do something wrong?

Connor leans all the way back and closes his eyes. "Hey Evan, I'm a bit tired," he says softly.

I glance at my phone.

6:38pm.

I frown. "It's barely night. Are you really tired?" I ask, worried.

Connor nods. "Slept at like 2am, so.."

I hesitate to leave. "If something's bothering you, you... You can always me, okay?"

"K," Connor murmurs.

I leave, but as I close the door, I catch Connor muttering, "Should've known."

I try to turn back, but a nurse warns me not to, because sleeping was really important for the body to heal itself, supposedly.

I walk out of the hospital feeling like I just swallowed 5 tons of stones.

*time skip... like.... A few hours?*

Connor's POV

I should've known. Of course he'd like Zoe. What isn't there to like about Zoe? She's everything I'm not. She's perfect. Great grades, pretty, friendly, sociable, and everyone loves her.

And Evan just had to be a part of that "everyone".

Rejected before even confessing.

I force a laugh, because I know I might start crying soon.

The force of my laugh hurts because of my ribs. I can't cry then. It'll make it worse.

Zoe gets everything.

With that thought, I feel a surge of anger and throw down the flower vase next to me. It shatters into a million pieces, the glass reflecting into colors from the sunlight.

I slide off my bed and stomp towards the bathroom, pushing the pain in my ribs down.

I sweep my arms across the counter and smirk when everything was in the floor.

But it's still not enough.

I march towards my bed, ripping the sheets off violently.

Papers that where supposed to be my homework fly everywhere.

Then I see the glass shards.

Guilt flows through me as I stare at the clear, shimmering shards.

Someone knocks on the for, sending my heart pounding.

I rush to the glass and desperately start scooping the shards into my hand. (A/n: NEVER EVER DO THIS!!!! IT'S REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD!)

Rushing to the trash bin in the bathroom, I empty some of the shards inside and run back to get the rest.

"Connor?" My sister's voice calls from the other side.

"Coming!" I yell, rushing over the dump the rest of the glass shards into the bin.

My eyes scan the bathroom for every knocked-down thing as my arms reach and flip them back.

I sprint out when I'm done, rushing towards my bed.

"Connor!" Zoe shouts impatiently.

"I'm pooping!" I lie, making an excuse for taking so long.

I scan the floor for anything else.

BLOOD WARNING

My eyes catch on the dark red stains on the cloud gray floor. How'd it even get there?

I then succumbed to the pain. My hands  and arm stung. I looked to see they were both bleeding. My hands were scratched with cuts. My arm had been unattached to the IV (the packet thing that connects to a the that goes into your arm). The arm want bleeding much; only a small, thin line of blood.

END OF WARNING

I raced to the sink and washed it off. Then I unlocked the door and climbed into the bed, hiding my hands.

Zoe cautiously peeks in. "Can I come in?"

My first instinct was to say no, but I pushed that thought down for Evan. "Sure," I heard myself say.

Zoe approached the bed. "So, I got you some food 'cause hospital food sucks, so I've heard." She sets the bowl on the stand next to me.

I murmur a thanks.

Zoe scrunches up her nose. "It smells like metal or something," she commented.

I nod. "Yeah."

She looks at me and frowns. "Why aren't you eating?"

She had no idea how hard it was for me to not grab that bowl and scarf the food down. I was starving!

I shrugged.

I guess Zoe got mad, since she started grabbing my hands and pulling them out of the blankets.

"Wait! Zoe!" I exclaim. What about my hands?!

From the look of horror on her face, I assume it's too late.

"Did you murder someone?!" She screams.

"It's not what you think!"

"You've literally been caught red-handed!"

I wince. That part was true. My mind races through random thoughts to find  some sort of excuse.

"I'm on my period," I blurt.

F*ck, I don't have periods. Great thinking, oh brain of mine.

Zoe bursts out laughing. "Connor," she says between wheezes, "you don't even have them!"

I groan. "Okay, fine, fine, but I didn't murder anyone!"

"Hmm, I don't know about that..."

I roll my eyes. "Shut up."

"Hey, where'd the vase go?"

Crap. "Nowhere," I say a little too quickly.

"You threw it away?" Zoe asks, obviously disappointed.

If only you know how true that sentence was.

Zoe gasps. "What?! Why?! Why'd you throw it?!" She screeches.

I said that out loud? I hope not...

"How'd you know?!" I reply, shocked.

Then I see the pieces getting put together in her mind.

"Omg!" she clamps a hand to her mouth to prevent her from laughing. "Did you?! You seriously threw the vase and used your hands to pick the pieces up and got cut?!"

I hung my head in embarrassment.

She starts laughing so hard that tears come out of her eyes.

"It's not that funny," I grumble.

It takes a few more seconds for Zoe to calm down.

"Okay, so let's get you... Cleaned up," she suggests.

"Yeah," I agree.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

A/n: thank you guys for your votes, comments, and reads!!! Like.... Gjdxufgzuzffzyi HOW DID I GETT 100 MORE READS IN 2 DAYS?!!!!!

also I feel like I'm updating too often.... because... Chapter 13 was published about 8 days ago... And... Its already chapter 16...  Is that bad?? Idk.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.2K 601 18
@kryozgaming tweeted I did it Will someone love me now @SMii7y replied to @kryozgaming 's tweet I've always loved you Post deleted
56.5K 2.7K 23
The world has a funny way of putting two people together. Well, it's even stranger when everyone is born with different hints to finding their soulma...
143K 5.8K 26
an au story about ranboo being trans trigger warnings will be at the start of every chapter :)
5.8K 79 8
Vance group are know as dare devils which has robin,Bruce, griffin, and billy in it, finney is a nerdy kid who's hiding his identity. What if he caug...