Runaway (A Zayn Malik fanfict...

By exquisites

"You are the best and worst thing that has ever happened to me, you bastard. I need you but I can't have you... More

Chapter 1 ♡
Chapter 2 ♡
Chapter 3 ♡
Chapter 4 ♡
Chapter 5 ♡
Chapter 6 ♡
Chapter 7 ♡
Chapter 8 ♡
Chapter 9 ♡
Chapter 10 ♡
Chapter 11 ♡
Chapter 12 ♡
Chapter 13 ♡
Chapter 14 ♡
Chapter 15 ♡
Chapter 16 ♡
Chapter 17 ♡
Chapter 18 ♡
Chapter 19 ♡
Chapter 20 ♡
Chapter 21 ♡
Chapter 22 ♡
Chapter 23 ♡
Chapter 24 ♡
Chapter 25 ♡
Chapter 26 ♡
Chapter 27 ♡
Chapter 28 ♡
Chapter 29 ♡
Chapter 30 ♡
Chapter 31 ♡
Chapter 32 ♡
Chapter 33 ♡
Chapter 34 ♡
Chapter 35 ♡
Chapter 36 ♡
Chapter 37 ♡
Chapter 38 ♡
Chapter 39 ♡
Chapter 40 ♡
Chapter 41 ♡
Chapter 42 ♡
Chapter 43 ♡
Chapter 44 ♡
Chapter 45 ♡
Chapter 46 ♡
Chapter 47 ♡
Chapter 48 ♡
Chapter 49 ♡
Chapter 50 ♡
Chapter 51 ♡
Chapter 52 ♡
Chapter 53 ♡
Chapter 54 ♡
Chapter 55 ♡
Chapter 56 ♡
Chapter 57 ♡
Chapter 58 ♡
Chapter 59 ♡
Chapter 60 ♡
Chapter 61 ♡
Chapter 62 ♡
Chapter 63 ♡
Chapter 64 ♡
Chapter 65 ♡
Chapter 66 ♡
Chapter 67 ♡
Chapter 68 ♡
Chapter 69 ♡
Chapter 70 ♡
Chapter 71 ♡
Chapter 72 ♡
Chapter 73 ♡
Chapter 74 ♡
Chapter 75 ♡
Chapter 76 ♡
Chapter 77 ♡
Chapter 78 ♡
Chapter 79 ♡
Chapter 80 ♡
Chapter 81 ♡
Chapter 82 ♡
Chapter 83 ♡
Chapter 84 ♡
Chapter 86 ♡
Chapter 87 ♡
Chapter 88 ♡
Chapter 89 ♡
Chapter 90 ♡
Chapter 91 ♡
Chapter 92 ♡
Chapter 93 ♡
Chapter 94 ♡
Chapter 95 ♡
Chapter 96 ♡
Chapter 97 ♡
Chapter 98 ♡
Chapter 99 ♡
Chapter 100 ♡
Author's Note

Chapter 85 ♡

39.3K 1.7K 598
By exquisites

Chapter 85:

(Kat's POV)

It was our fourth day in our new home and I could only imagine what was going on back at home. But I didn't care. Zayn and I were sleeping on mattresses, eating ramen, and playing Mario Kart better than we ever have.

Anyways, Zayn and I both had a job interview today; at the same place. Luckily, a new uptown library opened up and Zayn and I both applied. We didn't plan on working together, but the library had two available openings and we decided to shoot for it together.

"How do I look?" Zayn asked, straightening his white shirt.

I walked up to him, folding his collar down. "Perfect."

He smirked and leaned down, "and you look beautiful as always."

I rolled my eyes but smiled despite myself. "We can't be late so let's go."

"Good luck kiss?" He asked innocently.

I leaned up and kissed his lips briefly, "now let's go."

He chuckled and grabbed the keys off of the counter before both of us started walking out the door. We hopped into the elevator. I hit the first floor button and as the elevator began to close, someone stopped the doors and came in. A man who looked my Dad's age stumbled in, out of breath. He looked like a complete mess but he didn't seem to mind, instead he leaned against the elevator.

"What floor?" Zayn asked him, draping an arm around my waist and pulling me towards himself.

"First," his heavy British accent replied.

The elevators door closed whilst the man slowly composed himself. He straightened his blazer then turned his attention on me. I quickly moved closer to Zayn as a smirk appeared on the man's face. Disgusting.

Zayn took notice and shot him an angry glare, but the man didn't notice. Zayn pressed me towards him and pulled a piece of hair behind my ear. He leaned down and whispered in my ear, "is he bothering you?"

I gulped at his possessive tone, "it's fine. We're about to get out anyways."

"I don't care," he whispered, "is he bothering you?"

"Newly weds?" The man interrupted, a amused smile on his face.

"Yes," Zayn lied, "so I would appriciate it if you took your eyes off of my wife."

The man held his hands up in surrender, "oh don't worry about it. I was just checking. Did you guys just move here?"

"Yeah."

The man nodded, a smirk still on his lips. "No wonder I didn't notice her- I mean you guys before."

Zayn's jaw tensed but I just held onto his arms. I knew Zayn would beat the living shit out of him, and I didn't want him kicked out of the complex. We just got here anyways.

The elevator let out a ding, telling us that our floor had arrived. The man smiled at us, "see you around." Then he left, but Zayn's eyes followed him like a hawk stalks a prey.

"Relax," I whispered.

Zayn looked down at me before taking my hand and storming out of the elevator. I sighed. When Zayn was in a bad mood, he wasn't the best person to talk to, let alone have an interview with. But as Zayn unlocked the car, I decided to change the subject.

"Newly Weds huh?" I asked.

He looked down at me, "I thought it'd be more persuasive than boyfriend and girlfriend."

I shrugged as I sat in the car. "I don't think I mind it that much."

He sat down in the car, a smirk played on his lips. "Oh yeah?"

I nodded.

He smiled and began driving. Score! I fixed his mood before we even backed out of the parking lot. That had to be some kind of record.

"If that man ever bothers you again-"

"He won't," I reassured, even though I didn't know if that was true.

Zayn took a breath, then grabbed my hand. His eyes were on the road as he brought it up to his lips and kissed it gently. "I love you."

I smiled, "I love you too."

We had arrived at the Library five minutes later. Once we went inside, we both walked to the front office. Zayn took a card out from his pocket and asked the front desk lady, "can we speak to Cami?"

The woman nodded, "fourth floor."

When Zayn and I had arrived at the fourth floor, we looked around until we found Cami. She was a young girl, probably in her mid twenties. She was blonde with blue eyes and beyond gorgeous. To say that I wasn't jealous of her would be a lie.

"Excuse me?" Zayn asked, "are you Cami?"

She nodded and smiled at the sight of Zayn. She stood up off her seat and extended her hand out to shake Zayn's, which Zayn respectfully took. I waited for her to turn to me but she couldn't even get her eyes off of Zayn. I had to clear my throat loudly for her to finally notice me.

Her expression immediately turned salty. I extended my hand out to her and she took it forcefully, but we all knew she was disappointed to see me here with Zayn.

"I'm Kat," I said politely to her.

"And I'm Zayn," Zayn said, which immediately caught her attention again.

I rolled my eyes as she said flirtatiously, "have a seat."

Since there was only one chair, Zayn smiled at me, "sit down babe."

I smiled at him and took the seat. I noticed how Cami's expression turned grim but I ignored it, smiling proudly at her to show her that he was my boyfriend.

She glared at me, but looked back up at Zayn. "Are you here for the job?"

"We both are," Zayn replied, clueless to how she acted towards him.

She nodded, "I'm afraid I only have room for one person."

"But the website said you were hiring two," Zayn fought.

"Yes but that position was filled a couple of days ago," she clearly lied. She just didn't want me in this library because she wanted Zayn all to herself.

"Oh," Zayn looked at me, "then I guess we aren't interested."

I stood up off my chair and was about to walk away when she said, "wait." Both Zayn and I turned to face her, "I guess we can fit in an extra person."

Zayn beamed, "great!"

I raised an eyebrow at her as I sat back down in the seat. She eyed me carefully, as if she tried to figure out what Zayn saw in me.

"So," she spoke up, trying to distract herself, "have you filled out your applications?"

Zayn nodded, handing over the pieces of papers he was carrying with him. She smirked at him, then took them. As she read over them, she nodded, paying way more attention to Zayn's application than mine.

"The Harry Potter series is my favorite also," she said to Zayn. I rolled my eyes like the jealous girlfriend I am.

"Looks like you're all set to start tomorrow," Cami said.

"But you didn't even ask for anything yet," I replied.

She shrugged, "how hard can it be to check out some books?"

Point taken. I stood up when she said, "Zayn, you will be working upstairs with me. Kat, you will be working with Grace in the teen section on the first floor."

My jaw dropped. What a clever shit she was. She caught my glance and smirked, then looked back at Zayn.

"Awesome," Zayn spoke, "see you tomorrow, Cami."

She smiled and I turned around, walking past Zayn and towards the elevator. I didn't bother saying goodbye to that bitch. I didn't even care if I got fired. Zayn was probably surprised because he jogged to catch up to me and said, "what's wrong?"

"Nothing," I huffed, repeatedly hitting the elevator button until it came.

Zayn grabbed my hand and kept me from breaking the button. He turned me to face him and said, "what's wrong?"

The elevator opened and I broke out of his grasp and stormed inside. He followed and hit the first floor button before his attention was back on me. "Babe, why are you so angry?"

"I'm not angry," I lied, looking down at my feet. I didn't want him to think I was being overdramatic.

"Alright," Zayn spoke, his tone sharp. He was getting mad, but I doubt he was madder than me. "Then don't tell me."

I looked up at him, then looked down, then looked back up at him. I tapped my foot impatiently until the elevator opened, and once it did, I stormed out. He followed me all the way into the car. He sat in his seat, neither of us saying a word. Once he started driving, I crossed my hands over my chest, blood boiling inside of me. That skanky son of a bitch. I hated Cami so bad. I don't know what she was going to do to Zayn while I was downstairs working with whoever the fuck Grace was. She was gorgeous, she could have anybody she wanted. And she knew that.

I wasn't mad at Zayn for anything. I was just mad at Cami. But if Zayn stayed this clueless, then she might just win him over with her perfect smile and huge boobs. Fuck.

Once our flat came, he parked the car. "Kat," he started, "tell me-"

I opened the car door and got out. Zayn sighed heavily but didn't follow immediately. I got in the elevator and didn't even wait for him to come in. I took out the keys to the flat and stormed inside, throwing my purse on the couch.

I don't think I had been this angry in a while. Except for the day Dad had shot Zayn. Yeah, I am that angry.

I went inside our room and threw my purse to the side. While I was doing this, Zayn walked in the room. He came over towards me and spoke quietly, "I'm sorry if I did something that hurt you."

I ignored him, trying to walk past him and into the shower. He grabbed my arm and pressed me against him, "going somewhere?"

"To the shower," I tried squirming out of his grasp.

"Can I come?" He asked me sweetly.

I sighed, staring up at him. "Let me go," I asked. Zayn noticed the look in my eyes and let go of my arm. I walked passed him and into he bathroom. But he didn't give up there. Without a word, he came towards me and grabbed the hem of my shirt and peeled it off my body.

"I love you," he reminded me.

"I love you too," I replied.

He sighed happily after I said this. I took my pants off my body and he unclasped my bra. He didn't take it off though, he just leaned down and kissed my forehead.

"We're all out of bread, I'm going to go get some. Okay?" He whispered.

I nodded, then he walked out. He closed the bathroom door and I took off my undergarments and walked into the shower. Once inside, I sighed heavily.

I don't understand how Zayn didn't notice that she was flirting with him. I was so angry I could've quit that moment. Maybe I can tell Zayn that I don't like the job that much, make some excuse to get out of it. But then again, there aren't many places that would hire both Zayn and I. The library had good money, more than any lousy restaurant would have.

I sighed, getting out of the shower. This was bullshit. I dried myself with a towel and walked to our room. Clothes weren't fully unpacked yet so I slipped on a pair of underwear with one of Zayn's old Tshirt. I combed my hair and walked outside and sat on the couch, turning the Wii on. I took the controller in my hand and started to play Mario Kart furiously until Zayn came back. We didn't have a TV arrangement yet so video games is all we could go on with.

For a while, I pretended Peach was Cami and I pushed her off the waterfall. It was exhilarating, until I was disturbed when Zayn walked in.

"I got the bread," he called out, "and some wine, you know, just in case."

I didn't respond to him, too busy with my game of Mario Kart. I wasn't in the mood to have a conversation anyways, my blood was still boiling. As I continued to shake my remote furiously, Zayn came over to me on the couch and took his jacket off. He sat down on the couch and sighed.

"Could you at least tell me why you're mad?"

"I'm not," I lied.

He sighed again, leaning over and taking his controller. He added himself in the game before he started playing too. "I think you're lying."

"I am," I replied simply.

He grabbed my waist and pulled me in between his legs. I tried not to be distracted as he rested his chin on my shoulder, pressing his chest against my back.

"Then tell me why, baby girl," he cooed in my ear.

Shivers traveled down my spine but I kept my mouth shut. He was just a handsome devil using his beautiful words to his advantage. He soon placed his lips on my neck, not even paying attention to the game.

"I'm not telling you," I whispered, "no matter what."

I kept my eyes on the screen as he kissed my skin gently. "You're hurting my feelings," he whined.

"I don't care," I spoke to my best ability.

He threw his controller to the side and started to use his hands. He rested his hands on my bare thighs and brought them inward, squeezing my thighs. I accidentally shut my eyes at his touch, feeling too much pleasure from it.

"Did I do anything to upset you, darling?" He whispered.

The controller fell out of my hands, "not you."

He breathed against my skin, "then who?"

I pressed myself against him, "I can't believe that you didn't notice."

"Didn't notice what?"

"Cami," I finally admitted, "and how she acts around you. She literally hired me just so that she could work with you."

Zayn's hands stopped moving, "what?"

"She made you work with her on the fourth floor while I'm all the way on the first," I sighed.

"Well," he said, grabbing my waist and pressing me against the couch, leaning over me. "Lucky for you, I only love one of those two women."

I looked down.

"That means you," he reassured. "I only love you."

"But did you see her?" I looked back up at him, "she's gorgeous."

"Nah," Zayn dismissed, "you're actually way more beautiful than her."

I bit my lip, "everything's going to change once you start working with her."

"Shut up," he spat, his tone getting sharp. I looked up at him and furrowed my eyebrows. "For God's sake, I ran away with you. I left my entire life behind so I can spend my future with you. I'm not going to give it up for some random girl."

I sighed, feeling ashamed of myself. He sighed too, then leaned in and didn't let me think before pressing his lips softly to mine. I grabbed on to his face, pulling him close, trying to apologize to him with my mouth. He placed his arms on either side of me and fully engulfed himself in my kiss.

He pulled away and said, "you're so amazing. I just can't imagine myself with anyone but you."

That deserved another kiss, so I kissed him again. He chuckled, and once I pulled away, I said, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," he whispered, "let's call it even for the whole Aaron incident."

I smirked, then pushed him back on the couch. He laughed as I crawled on top of him and said, "tell me to shut up again."

"Why?" He asked, pushing a piece if falling hair out of my face.

"Because you sounded hot while you said it," I smiled.

He laughed, "I was trying to be serious."

"And you were," I replied, "but I think you should say it again."

"Never," he challenged.

I placed my head on his chest, "why not?"

"I don't want to hurt my princess' feelings."

"You won't," I mumbled.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"Okay then," he said, "shut up."

I giggled against him, "ouch. My feelings."

He traced circles on my back, "goodness I love you too much."

I tried not to grin so big, "I love you way more."

"No."

"Yes."

"Not a chance."

"One hundred percent chance."

"Shut up."

I giggled, "you shut up."

----------

You guys reached the goal finally! :) so proud. I'm really happy of all the new readers I've gained. I love you all to pieces. 💖

Here's a new goal for you guys to reach ;)

゚•*✧ GOAL ✧*• ゚

votes: 2k

comments: 370 :)))

only then will I update. :) I LOVE YOU GUYS.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 31.8K 64
❝I'm not perfect, and neither is he, but together we're as close to perfection as one can ever be.❞ © All Rights Reserved: SykesorStyles © before re...
1.9K 90 26
Harry once asked me what was the most painful thing I've endured in my life, I couldn't answer to him back then but, hearing his desperate plead for...
13.2K 528 22
THIS IS A VERY OLD STORY THAT MY 14Y/O SELF WROTE AND IT'S BASICALLY ANGST AND CLICHÉ AND I HATE ZAYN AND 1D PLEASE DON'T READ THIS. Dear life, No m...
204K 7.5K 51
❝I may be broken and he may be guarded, but our two hearts, should never be parted.❞ [this is the sequel to Do I Scare You? do not read unless read t...