The Seven Wonders | BTS

By CrazyGirrrrl

"An evil force has risen. In order to defeat it, you must find and gather the seven wonders." **** » WINNER o... More

Intro + The Gems
1. Begin
2. Ignis
3. Guardian
4. First Love
5. Unlock
6. Fire
7. Awake
8. Choices
9. Betrayal
10. Water
11. Blood Tarts
12. Confession
I've had enough
13. Return
14. Lie
15. Stigma
THANK YOU
16. Thunder
17. Reunion
18. Trust?
19. Reflection
20. Earth
21. Devotion
22. Tenderness
23. Mama
24. Air
25. Seven Wonders
FAN ART GALLERY
26. Doubt
27. Small Talk
28. Hatred
29. Confrontation
30. Teamwork
31. Pyramids
NOTE + ANNOUNCEMENT
32. Vrede
WE NEED YOUR HELP
33. Lucht
34. Reassurance
35. Acceptance
36. Aarde
37. Comfort
38. Rebellion
FICTION AWARDS?!
39. Assistance
40. Promises
41. Responsibility
42. Bliksem
43. Persuasion
44. Coincidence
45. Illusions
46. Clarity
47. Solitude
48. Coping
HALLOWEEN SPECIAL: ONE SHOTS
I MADE IT?!
49. Tranen
50. Secrets
51. Trust
52. Regrets
53. Riptide
54. Reminiscing
55. Vlam
56. Uncertainty
57. Loneliness
58. Unity
59. Move
60. Remembrance
61. Contact
62. Hemel
63. Unconditional
64. Crybaby
65. Reclaiming
66. Strategy
67. Broken
68. Reassemble
69. Evaluation
70. Home
71. Hel
72. Remorse
#T7W1MReadsParty
73. Persistence
74. Game
75. Bond
76. Path
77. Feelings
78. Truth
79. Past
80. Calm
81. Team
82. Dread
83. Twilight
84. Desperation
85. Lesson
86. Free
87. Unsure
89. Realization
90. Warning
91. Rescue
92. Fear
93. Leap
94. Battle
95. Cavalry
96. Revival
97. Reckoning
98. Finale Part 1
99. Finale Part 2
COMING SOON?
BIG ANNOUNCEMENT
PATREON
JUST TO MAKE THINGS CLEAR
THE GAME IS OUT!
DISCORD SERVER

88. Worry

35.1K 1.8K 7K
By CrazyGirrrrl

Jungkook felt refreshed. He figured that it was because Jin literally refilled his life essence but it was strange to be that way around his seemingly half-dead friends. Still, he wasn't really that into the idea of resting in a makeshift campsite just outside Hel's cursed forest.

But Taehyung did have a point. Jungkook knew that fighting against the Great Six drained everyone to their lowest and traveling across the kingdom was too much of a risk. Honestly, he was surprised that the Helian prince suggested it. After all, he was always the more urgent one.

Jungkook thought about life after all this. His lips pursed as he imagined himself as Hemel's king. He thought about a future queen and the possibility of his father pitching various noble women at him to marry. Truthfully, if given the chance, he would rather rule alone.

The image of Kiana watching him from above brought a smile on Jungkook's face. He wondered what she'd think about his thoughts of ruling without a queen. Still, the idea of being with someone who wasn't her—

Jungkook sneezed loudly and scrunched his nose when he realized how dusty his wings were. Reaching deep into his pants pocket, he pulled out a gold with his name etched in gold text it on his handle. Its teeth were made of pointed soft thread.

As Jungkook combed his wings, he scammed the area. Yoongi was laying next to the fire while gently petting Holly. The bright orange flames were reflected on his pale face, yet the fire gem bearer wasn't bothered by the heat at all.

Emily and Jin were hugging each other tightly. Jungkook watched with a small smile as the protector planted a kiss on her boyfriend's cheek. Then he, along with a grinning Hoseok, walked out of the angel's view. They both had weapons with them.

Being reminded of Kiana once again, Jungkook sighed and continued to comb his wings. He was so caught up with his own thoughts that he didn't feel the presence of two men sitting at each side. He only realized that they were when one of them tugged on the feathers of one of his wings.

"Ouch!," Jungkook whined and retracted his wing by instinct. He turned around and was greeted by a wide-eyed Jimin.

"I-I'm so sorry, Jungkookie!," Jimin waved his arms around, his cheeks flushed red. "I didn't mean to pull a feather! I was— just poking it..."

God, he's the cutest. Stunned at suddenly hearing someone else's thoughts, Jungkook turned around. Namjoon was cupping his chin with his hand, a dimpled smile on his face as he gazed at Jimin with heart eyes.

Jungkook stared at Namjoon's dimples and had an internal conflict with himself. Since the earth gem bearer was the first dimpled friend the prince had, he found it interesting. Despite that, one loop of thoughts rang in his mind— To poke or not poke? To poke or—

"Jungkook?," Namjoon asked suddenly. Jungkook realized that he was poking one of his dimples with a finger. "What are you doing?"

"Oh, uh—," Jungkook retracted his hand and started to sweat profusely. He could feel the intense gazes from both bearers. "I, uh—"

"It's okay, Jungkookie!," Jimin grinned, his eyes turning into two crescents. He poked the skin of his own cheeks. "I think Namjoon's dimples are cute too!"

Jungkook could feel himself suffocating in between the immense loving gay energy from the couple. With parched lips, the Hemelian prince continued to brush his wings. He glanced up ahead and spotted Sangdol chewing something that was hopefully edible. Yeontan was next to the horse and was sprawled on its back, all three tongues hanging out of its heads.

"Want us to help you out?," Namjoon suddenly asked Jungkook, who was a bit stunned at the question. It shattered the awkward silence.

"Uh, sure," Jungkook shrugged and dug deep into his pocket. He pulled two spare brushes and handed it to Namjoon and Jimin. The two didn't question the spares, instead they quietly brushed his wings.

Jungkook hummed as the soft teeth of the silk brushes tickled his wings slightly. He remembered how multiple palace servants would brush his wings back in Hemel every time he finished bathing. It made him wonder how the servants would react to him having six wings now.

"Hey, Jungkook?," Jimin squeaked from beside him, his hand trembling as he continued to brush the feathers.

"Yeah?," Jungkook asked, a bit stunned at how Jimin didn't use that nickname on him. Namjoon glanced at his boyfriend in obvious worry.

"It's fine if you don't want to answer my question but...," Jimin paused. Jungkook watched his adam's apple bob up and down as he swallowed dryly. "What... happened up there? W-We only heard that you were—"

"Kook."

Jungkook blinked when he suddenly heard Taehyung's voice and looked up. The angel was surprised that he didn't even sense that you and the Helian prince had walked back into the campsite. From behind the older prince, you were shuffling silently towards Emily.

"Oh, hey Tae," Jungkook grinned and gently brushed the tiny wings on his head. "How was training?"

Taehyung didn't say anything, instead he turned away with his lips pursed into a thin line. His cheeks were flushed red and eyes slightly glazed. Jungkook tilted his head, confused at why his friend looked like he had just been ran over.

"Can I talk to you?," Taehyung glanced at Jungkook through the corners of his eyes without turning his head towards him. "Alone?"

Jungkook blinked and took a moment to process Taehyung's words. He glanced at Namjoon and Jimin, who both were giving each other looks of both confusion and understanding. The earth gem bearer stood up silently and pat the angel's back before the duo walked towards the other side of the campsite.

Taehyung sat in front of Jungkook with crossed legs. Grunting, he ran both of his hands down his face. "Macht, I'm such an idiot."

"Tae, what's wrong?," Jungkook scrunched his eyebrows and attempted to put his brush in his pocket but ended up missing. "You look really—"

"I kissed her."

A silence. Jungkook's eyes widened slowly as he dropped the brush, which clattered once it hit the ground. Taehyung was sighing in exasperation, his hand planted across his face, and looked more disappointed than shocked at what he had done.

"You what?," Jungkook managed to reply, his throat suddenly dry and voice strained.

"I kissed her, Kook," Taehyung hissed in a low whisper before turning around. He instantly whipped his head back towards Jungkook. "I don't know what came over me. Sky was training then I was on top of her and—"

"You were on top of her?"

"No— Well, yeah but— It's not what you think!"

"Okay okay, calm down Tae. Deep breaths," Jungkook grabbed Taehyung's tense shoulders and rubbed them. The Helian sucked in a shaky breath. "Tell me what happened."

Taehyung paused and clasped his trembling hands together, his fingers digging into the skin of his fists. Jungkook once again wished that he had ability to read through his mind. If so, his friend wouldn't go through all the trouble explaining everything to him despite his discomfort.

"It all happened so fast," Taehyung whispered, his gaze empty as a small smile formed on his face. "You should have seen how the moonlight fell over her face, Kook. She was so beautiful and—"

Taehyung paused suddenly, his smile falling instantly. He released a loud sigh and shook his head.

"What am I even saying?"

Jungkook stared at the frustrated Taehyung in silence, his wings slowly folding behind him. He could tell that his friend was foolishly and hopelessly in love. It reminded the angel of himself and the moment he first realized he loved Kiana. The memory was bittersweet.

Looking back at a still groaning Taehyung, Jungkook raised an eyebrow. "Did she kiss you back?"

Taehyung stared at Jungkook, almost as if he wanted to scream at him for asking some sort of question. He gulped loudly and nodded slowly.

Jungkook tried to imagine the whole scene play out in his head, the image of Taehyung tripping and falling right on top of you hilarious to him. Instead of laughing, he thought deep and hard about it. Of course, he had the option to pry into Emily's mind to peer into her conversation with you— but he had enough decency not to.

"I'm so confused," Taehyung whispered as he fiddled with his fingers. There he was again, that shriveled up mushroom Jungkook was yet to get used to.

Jungkook tilted his head. Since Taehyung was usually so uptight and would keep to himself, he was unsure of what to do. "Confused?"

Taehyung's eyes traveled around and failed to focus on one thing, which told Jungkook how out of it the Helian really was. The campfire crackled from behind, the shadow from the flames casting over the older prince's back.

"I don't deserve this, Kook," Taehyung bent his legs and hugged them close to his chest. The way he placed his face over his knees made him look so... vulnerable. "I don't deserve her."

Jungkook scrunched his eyebrows together as the wings on his head lowered and laud flat on his hair. "What even are you talking about?"

Taehyung flicked his teary eyes towards Jungkook before he turned towards the row of trees on their side. The angel followed his gaze and watched the leaves of the trees sway gently in the breeze. It made the Hemelian wonder if Hoseok was playing with the wind.

"Look, I'm— I'm such a piece of shit," Taehyung's words were heavy, his eyes glassy with tears. "All I've done was hurt everyone."

Jungkook crossed his legs and stared at Taehyung curiously. He's never seen the darkness gem bearer reflect so much like this. It made him think about this journey and made him realize that it not only greatly impacted the Helian but the whole team as well.

"I broke everyone's trust when I left and Macht, I'm not sure if I can ever get it back," Taehyung snakes a hand up to his dark hair and tugged on it with a hiss. "Then I let this stupid gem take over me and—"

Taehyung seemingly paused when he noticed that he was unconsciously raising his voice. Jungkook gave him a small smile, the expression urging the darkness gem bearer to continue.

"I nearly kill you and Sky," Taehyung's voice grew smaller and smaller as he spoke, his voice muffled by the cloth of his jeans. "And now I'm the person Shay hates most in the world too."

That last bit confused Jungkook but as much as he wanted to ask Taehyung what he meant by that, he could tell by the Helian's expression that it was something he shouldn't bring up again.

"I don't know if Sky kissed me back because she felt the same way or she was just caught up in the moment," With every word that Taehyung spoke, Jungkook was getting more and more surprised. "But I do know... that I don't deserve friends like you. I don't deserve her either."

As Taehyung hid his face in his knees, Jungkook was filled with bafflement. The angel felt like he was seeing a side of the Helian that had been hidden beneath his persona all these years. It made him glad to finally see him open up but at the same time— seeing the strongest person he knew so... vulnerable made him sad.

"I don't deserve anything."

Taehyung angled his face until he was completely concealed by his dark fringe. Jungkook's eye twitched as he slowly processed his words. He scooted forward until he was sitting right in front of him.

Jungkook grabbed Taehyung's cheeks and pushed his face upwards, which forced the two to make eye contact. The angel's eyes burned as he clenched his jaw. He could feel his Seraphim form brewing within him and tried his best to keep it dormant.

"Taehyung Bristene, you may be one of the smartest people in all of Vrede," Jungkook released his tight grip on Taehyung's face and squeezed his shoulders instead. "But what you just said was total bull."

Taehyung stared at Jungkook questionably but didn't say anything, instead he just gave him a flat look. Then he turned away, his still teary eyes now fixated to the ground.

"I know how you feel, Tae, all that regret and guilt eating you up from the inside," Jungkook paused and bit his bottom lip at the memory of nearly his own father. "And you've made mistakes... so have I and everyone else."

Taehyung lowered his knees and crossed them, his gaze now fixated at Jungkook's face. His expression was still blank but the angel could tell that his friend was more than willing to listen.

"Everything you've done was for our sake, Tae!," Jungkook's eyes widened when he accidentally raised his voice. Thankfully, he didn't catch anyone's attention. "And Macht, I sometimes wish that you'd think about yourself a little bit more, yeah?"

Taehyung cracked a small smile, which served as Jungkook's motivation to keep going. He could still hear the campfire crackle and could see Yoongi shift slightly in his position through the corner of his eye.

"I can't say whether Sky likes you back or not," Jungkook thought about the possibility and smiled at the image of you and Taehyung being a happy couple. "But whatever the case— you deserve this. You deserve her."

Jungkook's grip was back on Taehyung's face but it wasn't as tight. Instead, it was gentle, his thumbs smoothly running across the Helian's cheeks as he wiped away the tears that were silently flowing down his face.

"So don't you dare bring yourself down again, yeah?," Jungkook put on a big bunny smile and playfully pinched Taehyunh's cheeks, which caused the latter to groan. "Because I'll make sure to beat your ass if you do."

Taehyung released a deep chuckle at Jungkook's words. He gently pulled the angel's hands away from his face and used the cuffs of his sleeves to wipe away the remaining tears.

"You and Kiana always had a way with words," Taehyung showed off a boxy smile that filled Jungkook with nostalgia. "Thank you."

Jungkook smiled once again, his big bunny teeth poking his lips. He was about to speak but was halted when Taehyung suddenly reached forward to slap his cheeks. This caused the angel's lips to pucker.

"Have I told you how cute you are?"

A dead silence rang. Taehyung's hands trembled on Jungkook's cheeks. The Hemelian could swear that he could hear a one-eyed crow caw overhead, even if those things only took habitat in Aarde and Lucht.

"I made it weird, didn't I?"

"Yeah, Tae, you did."

Taehyung slowly slipped his hands away from Jungkook's face, a moment of awkward silence passing before he laughed out loud. The angel couldn't help but laugh as well.

"Hey Kook?," Taehyung asked as he stripped off his jacket and folded it to create a pillow.

Jungkook stared at Taehyung's fit black long sleeve top before he mirrored his friend's actions. Spreading his wings, he exhaled loudly before replying. "Yeah?"

Taehyung turned around and made direct eye contact with Jungkook, who was yet to get used to this level of intimacy from the Helian. "Do you remember that time you chipped your front tooth?"

The memory played in Jungkook's mind like a tape. He laughed and swept his blonde hair away from his face. "That's because you had the brightest idea of throwing me across the field to train me in flying."

Taehyung chuckled and folded his arms at the back of his head. "It worked, didn't it?"

"It did for five seconds," Jungkook paused and envisioned the memory, which was both happy and bittersweet. "You should be glad that Kiana only resorted to screaming at you, yeah?"

Taehyung's expression fell at the mention of Kiana. He laid flat on his back and stared at the darkness above, his gaze far away. "She was always so mature— so protective of the both of us. Sometimes I wonder if I really am older than her."

Jungkook followed Taehyung's gaze and could see the cold wind blow above them. "If she was here, she'd smack you for saying that."

They laughed again. Jungkook thought about the last time he and Taehyung were like this— two princes laying side by side without a worry in the world. It felt like a memory that had been pushed to the very back of his mind. Still, he was happy to finally have a chance to relax.

Jungkook's ears perked at the sound of footsteps crunching against the pebbles on the ground. Glancing at Taehyung, who looked just as alert, the angel instantly sprung to his feet. The Helian snatched his staff and pointed it ahead.

A wide-eyed Jin greeted the combat-ready princes with raised hands. "Guys, calm down. It's just us."

Both of them sighed and lowered their weapons. Jungkook scanned Jin's figure and noticed that he sweating profusely to the point that he could see the lining of his toned abs through the cloth of his shirt. Dead meerkats were tied together with rope and were hanging from one of his belt loops.

"You guys took way too long," Taehyung commented with an eye roll. Jungkook knew that he was just trying to shatter the awkwardness.

Jin pursed his lips and turned towards Hoseok, who was standing behind the water gem bearer with those same dead animals in his hand. Then the two bearers suddenly turned towards Taehyung with mischievous grins and an evil glint in their eyes. Jungkook was low-key terrified.

"Why are you two looking at me like that?," Taehyung spoke with squinted eyes, his lips curled downwards to form a scowl.

"Well," Hoseok rubbed his hands together and dramatically slapped his goggles away from his face. Jin was stifling in his squeaky laughter. "We were distracted."

Jungkook raised an eyebrow and didn't dare look into their thoughts. He wanted them to tell him instead. "By what?"

Hoseok glanced at Jin and gave him a look. The water gem bearer cleared his throat before facing the two princes with a straight expression, although it was obvious that he was using every cell in his body to stop himself from laughing.

"We were distracted by two Helians making out."

Both Jin and Hoseok started to wiggle their eyebrows at Taehyung, who still looked completely baffled by what he just heard. Jungkook, on the other hand, had his jaw dropped and mouth wide open.

Taehyung's expression slowly shifted into one of utter embarrassment— cheeks tinted a beet red and lips pursed into a thin line— once he fully processed the two laughing bearers' words. Jungkook was honestly surprised that his smartest didn't understand what they meant right off the bat.

Jungkook honestly half-expected Taehyung to suddenly go demon mode again and attack Jin and Hoseok. Instead, the Helian showed off big and frightening smirk.

"Oh? Did I at least look good?"

Needless to say, nobody said anything after that.

-

You woke up the next morning, the memory of your kiss with Taehyung still playing in your mind like a broken record. Now you were laying on your makeshift pillow, a folded jacket, and stared up at the empty sky in silence. It made you wonder what you really felt towards and what he felt towards you as well.

Truthfully, the kiss was something you never expected. You never realized how much tension there was between you and Taehyung until that very moment. Glancing at the darkness gem bearer, who was fast asleep, you stared at his smooth face and long eyelashes that brushed the skin of cheeks—

What are you even thinking? You shook your head and softly slapped your reddening cheeks. With the thoughts still floating in your head, you felt yourself become even more confused. Sure, you should have been familiar with this especially because of Yoongi, but somehow— and you hated it— you were nothing but clueless.

With all traces of sleep gone, you sighed and stood up. You used your fingers to comb you tangled silver hair and instinctively counted your sleeping teammates. The campfire crackled and casted a shadow on all seven sleeping— Wait, seven?

You instantly created a purple sword in your hands, which you figured was something instinctive to a guardian, Helian powers or not. With silent steps, you stepped around your friends' sleeping bodies and tried to identify who was missing. When you failed to spot thick-feathered wings, you were struck with horror.

Jungkook was gone. That was enough to fill panic in your system. You whipped your head and glanced around the area in hopes to find the angel and felt your breath hitch in your throat as a million possibilities of where the Hemelian could be crossed your mind.

You caught sight of a sleeping Taehyung, all thoughts of his handsomeness flying out the window when you realized that he was the only one who could help you find Jungkook. After stepping over the cuddled bodies of Emily and Jin, you swallowed dryly.

For a moment, you hesitated to wake Taehyung. The awkwardness and embarrassment from last night's kiss was haunting you from the back of your wind. However, you knew you had to swallow those feelings— what mattered more was finding Jungkook.

"Taehyung," You whispered and gently shook Taehyung's shoulders. He didn't budge at all and it made you feel bad for waking him. "Taehyung, wake up."

A low groan rumbled from Taehyung's throat as he tossed and turned in place. He was hugging his staff close to his chest like it was some kind of pillow, the sight both endearing and strange to you.

"Hn, what is it?," Taehyung mumbled under his breath, his eyes still closed shut. His cheeks and face were swollen. "Five more minutes."

You exhaled loudly and glanced at the others. After making sure everyone else was fast asleep, you whispered slowly. "Jungkook. He's missing."

Taehyung's eyes snapped open at that moment and suddenly he was fully awake. He sat up quickly, almost as if he was pushed up by an invisible foldable chair. "What did you—"

You immediately shushed Taehyung by placing a finger over your lips. The two of you glanced at Jimin, who shifted slightly in Namjoon's hold. Thankfully, the thunder gem bearer was still fast asleep.

"When I woke up, Jungkook was gone," You whispered softly and leaned in close to Taehyung, the lack of distance obviously making you both uncomfortable. "I— Do you think he was taken?"

Taehyung stared at you for a few excruciating seconds before he nodded. His voice rumbled deep even as he whispered. "Jungkook has this habit of wandering off when he's bothered by something. He isn't stupid enough to enter the forest either."

"So you think he's just around here somewhere?"

"Definitely. I think he was thinking about—"

Although Taehyung never finished his sentence, you knew exactly what he was talking about. The campfire was put out by a sudden cold breeze that blew. Hoseok turned a bit in his place next to Yoongi and Holly.

"Let's split up and cover more ground," Taehyung held his knees and stood up, his knuckles white as he tightly gripped his snake head staff. He gestured to both sides of the area.

"I don't think that's a good idea," You deadpanned and shook your head as you stepped over the bodies of your sleeping friends, Taehyung trailing behind. "What if Jungkook really was taken?"

Once the both of you were in a considerable amount of distance from the campsite, you turned around and was met with Taehyung's stern expression. Although the Helian kept a straight face, you could tell that he was worried sick for the angel.

"He wasn't," Taehyung's voice was soft. He sighed and ran a hand through his dark hair. "If the Helian army was here, I'd be the first person they'd take."

True. Seeing the logic in Taehyung's words, you nodded and turned around. You could see the lining of the cliff where the ground ended, along with shadows of the trees that casted over it. The light was still faint in the early morning, the air cool and chilly.

"Hey, Sky," Taehyung suddenly grabbed your wrist, his grip softer than what you expected. "Be careful, okay?"

You smiled at Taehyung nodded, all nervousness suddenly gone from your system. "You too."

With that, the two of you separated. You could hear Taehyung's footsteps crunch from behind as he walked farther and farther away. A small part of you wanted to turn around and talk to him but now, the more important thing was to find Jungkook.

You looked down at the purple sword in your hands as you trekked across the field. Now that you knew of your true heritage as a Helian, much has changed. It's like your third eye was opened to the true power hidden within you. At the same time, a part of you felt like there was something more—

After suddenly spotting three pairs of white wings nearby, your thoughts instantly left your mind. Jungkook was sitting on the edge of the cliff, his legs swaying and blonde fringe concealing the rest of his face.

You sighed in relief at the fact that Jungkook wasn't currently being held captive by the Helian army. Still, you were worried about the heavy aura you could feel around the angel, more-so when you stepped closer.

"Jungkook?," You kept your tone gentle and continued to walk towards the Hemelian prince. "Thank goodness you're alright. We thought you were taken by the Helian army or something."

Jungkook didn't say anything. Instead, his feet stopped swaying and he slowly turned around. You were stunned his swollen baby blue eyes and puffy red cheeks. His gaze was blank and void of any emotion.

"I dreamt of Kiana," Jungkook spoke flatly and turned back around. His still empty gaze was directed at the air. "She was holding me... kissing me."

You silently sat next to Jungkook, your legs swaying in the wind as well. This gave you a perfect you of the communication tower not so far away, its body still concealed in a thick layer of mist. It almost seemed like you were sitting on a cloud up in heaven.

"I could have done something, yeah?," Jungkook released a dry laugh as tears streamed down his face. He whispered a curse word under his breath. "Maybe I could have prayed to the angels to take my soul instead of hers, I—"

Jungkook released a deep sigh and ran both of his hands down his face. You watched as he sobbed softly, his lips trembling as he did so. The little wings on the angel's dropped down sadly.

"Kiana was one of the only people who saw me as myself and not Hemel's Crowned Prince," Jungkook inhaled sharply, which made him sound like he was choking on his own saliva. "She understood me. She—"

A cracked sob escaped Jungkook's lips and he cried into his palm once again. You bit the inside of your cheek and gently rubbed circles on the Hemelian's back. Silence passed for a few seconds.

For a moment, you considered telling Jungkook how much you related to him, especially since Kiana being in your literal mind formed some kind of bond between you two. Because of that, she knew you more than you even knew yourself.

But you knew that Jungkook wouldn't want to hear that, not from you or anyone else. So you let him mourn Kiana for a while and continued to rub circles on his back.

You weren't sure how many minutes (or hours) had passed but at one point, Jungkook stopped crying. The angel sniffled and harshly wiped the tears on his face before facing you with a small and obviously forced smile.

"Thanks for listening to me," Jungkook swept his blonde hair away from his face but his fringe just fell back over his eyes. "I'm sorry for being such a crybaby."

"Hey, I don't think that's a problem," You cupped your chin with your hand and grinned. The cold breeze fanned your cheeks. "It's a form of release."

Jungkook bunny smiled at that, his blue eyes still swollen. The wings on his head flapped once and straightened upwards. Seeing it made you laugh at how cute it was.

"You know, Sky, I kind of suspected that you were Helian," Jungkook's words made you face him with a raised eyebrow. "Especially because I couldn't read your mind."

"What changed your mind?," You tilted your head curiously and slowly scooted away from the cliff.

"After I found out that Kiana was in your head, I kind of assumed that she was blocking me for some reason," Jungkook laughed at his own words. "Guess that wasn't the case, yeah?"

You failed to reply as you had a sudden flashback of that house in the middle of District Drie's dead garden. The image of that child's drawing flashed across your mind so you dug deep into your pocket and pulled out a piece of paper.

After unfolding the paper, you stared at the drawing of a child with stringy silver hair. Then you glanced at the adults and finally got full detail of them— your mother, her just as bright as yours. Then there was your father, a tall man with blonde hair.

Wait a minute. You squinted your eyes at the yellow crayon shade on the drawing then glanced at Jungkook. Staring at the angel's light blonde hair, confusion hit you as the dots slowly connected in your mind. Then you remembered Ashleya back in Hemel and—

"Jungkook?," You were nearly out of breath as you spoke, eyes wide as you stared at Jungkook.

"Yeah?," Jungkook glanced at you, his expression falling when you noticed your disoriented state. "Hey, you okay?"

Instead of answering the question, you exhaled loudly true your nose and ran a hand through your silver hair. Then you combed some tangled strands with your fingers. "Do you... know anyone named Jiyang?"

Jungkook just stared at you for a while. He bit his bottom lip and fell into deep thought, you could tell by how his eyebrows scrunched together. All six of his wings folded behind him.

"Jiyang?," Jungkook repeated to himself. He tongued the inside of his cheek and sniffled softly before crossing his arms over his chest. "I think I've heard of him."

"What do you know about him?," You asked a bit hurriedly and shoved the drawing back into your pocket.

It was obvious that Jungkook was a bit skeptical at how demanding you were when it came to information regarding Jiyang. Still, the angel smiled at you and didn't question it. You were glad about his consideration.

"I don't remember much about him and I apologize for that," Jungkook's Vredeian accent was strong, something you noticed was more emphasized when you spoke formally. "But what I do know... is that Jiyang was an acquaintance of both Miss Ashleya and my mother."

You tilted your head curiously at this and hugged your knees to close to your chest. The cold breeze continued to blow and you felt your silver hair dance in the wind.

"I didn't see him much as a kid," Jungkook continued, his gaze still fixated towards the tower's misty view. "But Mother told me stories. He was a powerful Hemelian magical born with a quite... unique ability."

"Unique ability?," You asked quietly. For some reason, dread was pooling and bubbling like hot acid at the pit of your stomach.

Jungkook glanced at you, his blue eyes boring into your soul. "He was born without wings."

It took you a moment to process Jungkook's words. Hearing of an angel without wings somehow summoned a prickling sensation on your back. You rolled your shoulders to relieve the pain.

"Mother told me it was a rare genetic mutation," Jungkook made a long pause. You assumed that he was being careful about the information he was revealing. "And that she and Miss Ashleya gave Jiyang fake wings to prevent him from becoming an outcast."

"What," A lumped formed in your throat and you swallowed hard. "What happened to him?"

"I don't know," Jungkook sighed and shook his head, blonde fringe falling over his eyes. "After a few years he just... disappeared."

You honestly wanted to say that you were tired of possibly important people in your life almost always disappearing into smoke. Instead, you thought about Jiyang and all the things Jungkook told you. Somehow, you felt like this was all important.

"Wait," Jungkook blinked and glanced at you innocently. You realized how much of a baby face the angel had. "Why are you asking? If you don't mind."

You opened your mouth to answer but your throat closed instead. After taking a deep breath, you stared right into the angel's eyes. "Jungkook, I think—"

A sudden loud noise from nearby cut you off. It stunned you so much that you nearly jumped out of your skin. You grabbed the purple laying next to and stood up.

"That sounded like—"

"Gunfire," Jungkook breathed. He was now standing next to you, his folded wings trembling slightly behind you. "From— from the campsite."

You stared at Jungkook in horror as he gave you the same expression. With all thoughts of Jiyang instantly leaving your mind, you and the Hemelian dashed towards the campsite.

-

Taehyung sighed loudly in defeat. After failing to spot Jungkook in the areas he inspected, the Helian hoped that you'd find the angel instead.

Truthfully, the possibility of Jungkook being taken by the Helian army was something that terrified him greatly. If that was the case, there was a high chance of the angel being tortured to death or maybe even suffer the same fate as Kiana.

Taehyung shook his head. He rubbed his hands together and tried to shake the negative thoughts away as he chanted— Jungkook is fine. Jungkook is going to be fine. The paranoia was creeping up in his gut and he was close to puking.

When Taehyung spotted the campsite, he noticed that a few figures were huddled around the fire. Noticing the contrasting colors of purple and orange hair, it didn't take a genius to figure out who the cuddling couple was.

Namjoon's bigger frame was wrapped around Jimin, his arm slung over the thunder gem bearer's shoulders. The shadow from the flames gave Taehyung a view of their giggling faces.

"Hi, Taehyung!," Jimin cheered loudly once Taehyung came into his line of sight.

Taehyung waved back awkwardly. Namjoon grinned, his dimples popping, but the Helian wasn't sure whether he was smiling at him or Jimin.

"Morning," Namjoon's deep morning voice rumbled, his breathe fogging into misy. "You guys training?"

For a moment, Taehyung was confused by Namjoon's question. Then he realized that it was what the earth gem bearer thought after seeing you, Jungkook and himself missing from the campsite.

Taehyung considered going with the lie in order to not worry Namjoon, Jimin and his other sleeping friends. But at the same time, he was tired of lying. He was tired of pretending that everything was fine, even though it wasn't.

"We woke up early," Taehyung's feet crunched against the pebbles on the ground as he sat across the couple. "They're having a chat."

It wasn't a hundred percent a lie, after all both you and Taehyung did wake up earlier than usual. Namjoon stared dead into the Helian's eyes and he wondered if his partial lie would be seen right through that easily.

"Oh," Jimin's squeaking voice shattered the tension that was starting to form. "You know, Taehyungie, you should really talk to Sky."

Taehyung was about to question why the heck Jimin just called him by Taehyungie but he didn't think it was a good idea, especially with Namjoon sitting right next to him with a frozen smile. Then the Helian's eyes widened when he processed the thunder gem bearer's words.

Inhaling sharply, Taehyung immediately shifted his stunned expression to a stern one. "What do you mean."

"Well," Jimin cleared his throat and grinned, his eyes turning into two crescents. "Didn't you make out with her in the woods last night?"

A deadly silence passed as Taehyung's mind buffered with Jimin's words echoing in his mind. Namjoon was staring at the thunder gem bearer with a dropped jaw, the latter just smiling innocently at the duo.

Taehyung hated the idea of playing dumb but even he knew that there were times when he had to. "What are you talking about?"

Jimin's eyebrows scrunched together, his thick lips forming a pout as he shifted under Namjoon's hold. "But Hoseokie said—"

"In all seriousness," Namjoon spoke before Jimin could continue speaking. The thunder gem bearer didn't seem bothered by this, instead he stared up at his boyfriend with heart eyes. "Taehyung, we can all see the invisible barrier between you and Sky. The two of you have to talk it out."

Taehyung didn't reply for a while. He glanced down and drummed his fingers on the ground. "Won't that make things worse?"

"It will give you both a clearer perspective of what happened and why," Namjoon shrugged as he put on a warm smile. "But I promise, it won't get worse."

Taehyung released a sigh of gratitude, the thoughts of Hoseok snitching pushed to the back of his mind. With a newfound determination, the prince grabbed his staff and stood up.

But before Taehyung could walk towards your direction, he heard the shuffling of leaves behind him. Seeing the horrified expressions on both Namjoon and Jimin's faces, he knew that he wasn't just imagining the sound.

"Wake up the others and huddle together," Taehyung spun the staff in his hand and slammed it against his palm. The snakehead staff's eyes glowed. "And attack anything that isn't me."

Namjoon nodded frantically and scooted towards Jin, who was still fast asleep and had his arms wrapped around Emily. Jimin did the same and shook Hoseok's shoulders, the air gem bearer releasing a grunt as a result.

Taehyung's hands trembled slightly as he gripped his staff. The heat from the campfire grew further away as he stepped towards the trees. He could see some of the leaves shake as shadows passed from within the forest.

With clenched teeth, Taehyung cursed himself for being so complacent. He should have given more importance to the possibility of the Helian army finding them, especially because Shay was left behind. The prince can never forgive himself for putting his friends in danger.

Taehyung was standing right in front of the first row of trees. He sighed deeply and focused on his senses on the rustling leaves to distract himself from the forest's song. Closing his eyes, he heard noise from every direction.

Crunching on the left, stomping on the right, something piercing through the air in front of him. Taehyung calmly raised a hand and formed a forcefield in front of his face. When he opened his eyes, he saw a laser beam bounce just inches away from his nose.

Taehyung glanced at the side through the corner of his eye when he heard multiple footsteps come towards him. He turned around and spun the snakehead staff in his hand before striking the head of a Helian soldier who was charging at him with a gun.

Another Helian came up behind the soldier who collapsed. Taehyung rolled on the ground and dodged the gun's laser beam, which went through an unfortunate Helian archer standing across.

Taehyung quickly morphed his staff into twin daggers before stabbing the gunman in the stomach. Blood spurted on his face and he scrunched his nose at the metallic taste. Hearing even more soldiers behind, he tossed the Helian's body, which crashed into three gunmen.

Before Taehyung could react to the presence behind him, however, he was suddenly electrocuted. He screamed and writhed in pain as the electricity coursed through him.

Taehyung slumped to the ground and groaned in pain. He turned around and spotted a Helian woman glad in a general's clothing. She wore earmuffs and purple hair that faded to a brighter hue at its tips.

"Good morning, Crowned Prince," General Jisoo smiled innocently and pulled off her earmuffs. "I apologize for the intrusion, I simply carry a message from your Father."

Taehyung looked up at General Jisoo with burning, the mention of his father fueling his anger. Then he noticed a large winged figure in the sky, its shadow casting over both Helians, and smirked.

General Jisoo raised an eyebrow at Taehyung's expression before turning around, just in time to see Jungkook spiraling in the air towards her. The angel then spread his wings and tackled the general to the ground with his feet.

You ran into view right after and swung your sword at a Helian who had been planning to shoot Taehyung. Then you spunned around and materialized a shield around your arm. It formed right on time and cracked the jaw of another Helian.

For a moment, Taehyung was dumbfounded and just continued to stare at you. He was only snapped back to reality when he heard your voice screaming. "Taehyung! Come on!"

Taehyung immediately grabbed your hand and nearly stumbled when you pulled him to his feet. However, the duo's dash was cut short by soldier pointing a gun right into your face.

Following his instincts, Taehyung pulled you behind him and stood in front of the gun. "Go ahead soldier, shoot your prince."

The Helian soldier's hands trembled, the gun nearly slipping of his hands. He was hesitant, his finger slipping on and away from the trigger at random intervals. Taehyung was still intrigued at how Helians like him were loyal— and that was an advantage.

"Thought so."

Taehyung pushed the gun, its base hitting the soldier square in the face. As the Helian crumpled to the ground, the prince grabbed your hand and pulled you towards the group.

The sight of it made Taehyung pause. Everyone else was on the ground, their wrists interlocked by glowing magic prevention handcuffs. Charred trails, puddles of water and arrows were clattered across the floor. Two soldiers were sitting on a flailing Namjoon, whose fangs were bared as he growled loudly.

Taehyung turned towards Jimin and noticed the large bloody gash on his face. Jin and Emily had equally disheveled bedhair and swollen eyes whilst Hoseok's goggles were tilted in an awkward angle on his head. Yoongi was screaming at a soldier who was forcibly chaining Holly.

"To be honest, I expected a lot less from you, Prince Jungkook."

Hearing General Jisoo's mocking tone, Taehyung swallowed dryly and turned around. She was stepping on Jungkook's neck. The angel was on the ground, his wrists and handcuffed and all six wings pinned together with large metal braces. His blonde hair was matted with mud and dust, cheek swollen and bruised.

"But you pack a good punch," General Jisoo spat out some blood before she put on a grin. She stepped harder into Jungkook's neck, which made the angel groan. "I appreciate that."

Taehyung's eye at the sight of Jungkook writhing in pain. He attempted to step forward but was stopped when you suddenly grabbed his arm. "Don't. She's pointing the gun at his head."

Although Taehyung didn't want to believe that, your words were confirmed when he saw General Jisoo pressing the laser gun's barrel on Jungkook's temple. With clenched teeth, he stepped backwards.

"That's right, one step and the angel's brain will be mush," General Jisoo's tone was constantly a soft one, which disturbed Taehyung. "Drop your weapons."

Taehyung sighed. He glanced at you and dropped his staff once you gave him a reassuring nod. Your purple sword clattered on the ground and you reached out to squeeze the Helian prince's arm.

"Good, now will you let me talk?," General Jisoo chuckled when she didn't receive a reply. "Alright then. I come with a message from King Michael."

"What does he want?," Taehyung hissed, his eyes glowing a powerful purple.

General Jisoo didn't say anything for a while, which made dread pool at the pit of Taehyung's stomach. With the vulnerable state the entire team was in, his father could have all their throats slit on the spot. But that wasn't the case— and it made him even more worried.

"King Michael merely wants you to return to the palace for a little chat," General Jisoo's expression darkened as her gaze shifted towards you. "Both you and the guardian."

Taehyung's eyes widened as your grip on his arm tightened. He instinctively reached down and intertwined his fingers with yours. The sudden intimacy stunned both of you but neither of you let go of the other. The prince tightened his grip, the warmth reassuring him.

"Sky has nothing to do with this," Taehyung stood in front of you protectively, his pointed teeth bared. "If he wants to talk then I'll go. Leave her and the others alone."

"Oh but she does, as least the King says so," General Jisoo shrugged and pressed the gun's mouth harder onto Jungkook's head. "He insisted on having both of you."

Taehyung glanced at you and spotted the frustrated expression on your face. He felt the same, especially because he knew that there was no other choice. Saying no would risk everyone's live. Saying yes would risk his own life, including yours.

By the look on your face, Taehyung could tell that you knew what the obvious choice was. "Fine. We're going... in one condition. Don't hurt any of our friends."

"Fair enough," General Jisoo finally lifted her foot from Jungkook's neck. "But they're keeping the cuffs on."

Taehyung immediately ran to Jungkook and helped him to his feet. The angel grunted in pain as both you and the Helian prince assisted him in standing up. "You okay, Kook?"

"Yeah, Tae," Jungkook tried to flex his wings but hissed when the braces stopped him. "I'm fine."

Taehyung honestly felt bad for Jungkook and wanted to tear off the metal braces on his wings. But with all the laser guns pointed at his team, the Helian knew better than to do that. Instead, he lightly tapped the angel's shoulder in hopes of comforting him.

"By the way, Crowned Prince."

General Jisoo stepped forward, her electrical double-edges spear strapped to her back. She raised her hand to reveal two sets of handcuffs. You gripped Taehyung's hand tightly.

"If you do not mind," General Jisoo cocked her head and two soldiers came forwards to take the handcuffs. "We'd like to take certain precautions by cuffing the both of you as well."

No words were nodded. You and Taehyung silently complied by raising both of your wrists. He was surprised when one of his hands was chained together with yours instead of individually.

"Since King Michael is in quite a hurry, we will pass through the Crooked Forest," General Jisoo snapped her fingers. Purple mist swirled in the air and faded to reveal nine pairs of earmuffs. "But do not worry. We will personally escort you to the palace."

Taehyung didn't say anything. Instead, he returned the tight grip on you laved fingers. Yoongi's screams and Holly's cries had died down to leave a dreadful silence. He could only hear the jingling of chains and the rustling footsteps behind him.

"Sangdol," Taehyung spoke with a loud whistle. "Come."

Sangdol made a low neigh before it slowly galloped towards Taehyung. Yeontan, who was sitting on the horse, was growling at the Helian soldiers with all three of its heads.

"Yeontan, it's okay," Taehyung used his free hand to pet Yeontan. He discreetly tried to use magic and sighed when he couldn't. "We can at least ride my horse?"

"Of course," General Jisoo's smile was frozen and doll-like, yet her gaze was piercing when she glanced at the soldiers. "Assist them."

"We don't need it," Taehyung snapped and grabbed you by the waist, the sudden action shocking you. He hoisted you up and placed you on top of Sangdol, which caused his arm to be pulled slightly.

You grabbed Taehyung's free hand and pulled him up until he was sitting right in front of you. The prince pursed his lips when he felt your arms snake around his waist, fingers still intertwined. After feeling a weight on his back, the Helian assumed that you were leaning on him.

After everyone— including General Jisoo and the soldiers— put on a pair of earmuffs, the team set on their journey to the palace. Taehyung stroked a still growling Yeontan in between his legs as the thick trees and leaves started to surround them.

Taehyung eyed the vines hanging from the trees and feared the scenario of one of them snatching you, Jungkook or any of his friends away. He couldn't hear the forest's song but was unsure whether it was even playing or not.

Since Taehyung couldn't even hear Sangdol's steps, he figured that the earmuffs were on its full effect. He glanced at the trees and spotted rotting corpses entangled in vines. Sighing, he turned away.

"Taehyung."

Taehyung shivered a bit when he suddenly heard you whisper his name. He felt breathing at his neck and figured that he could only hear your faint voice due to how close you were to his ear.

"Can you hear me?"

"Yeah, I can."

A short silence passed after that. You exhaled loudly through your nose, hot breath tickling Taehyung's back. From up ahead, he could see General Jisoo on her own horse. All the animals had their own little earmuffs too.

"This isn't a good idea," You finally spoke with an airy and shaky voice. "I don't like it at all."

"I know," Taehyung felt the tips of your fingers run up and down the skin of his hands. "I don't like it either but we don't have a choice, do we?"

"It's just," You adjusted your position, the tips of your shoes hitting Taehyung's heels as you did so. "King Michael can shoot us dead the moment we step in and we won't be able to do anything about it."

"Father won't do that," Taehyung paused and ducked when a curve of vines appeared before him. You did the same. "With all the effort he put into giving us an escort team, General Jisoo is telling the truth. He wants to talk to us."

You inhaled deeply, your chest rising and falling against Taehyung's back. "But why me too?"

Taehyung honestly had no clue why King Michael would want to talk to you besides the possibility of him trying to win you over to the dark side, especially because you were Helian. Still, he knew that his father had something up his sleeve, something that he wouldn't be able to figure out.

"I don't know," Based on the way you shifted behind him, Taehyung could tell that you were stunned by his words. "But whatever you do—"

Taehyung paused when General Jisoo suddenly glanced over her shoulder and at him, her dark eyes glinting mischievously as she smirked. He swallowed hard.

"Do not fall for his words."

-

A/N - YES AND UPDATE JUST IN TIME FOR UNDAS BREAK i have nearly a week of no classes im so happy

anyways this was 8.5k of unedited words i hope y'all loved it!!! I just watched Halloween 2018 too and I recommend it 10/10

I dont rlly have much to say cos im so excited to update so enjoy!!! and pls anticipate chapter 89!!!

my chihuahua Peanut i love her so much :(((

Lastly please follow my other twitter account @btwtfics so you guys can read my social media au!!! Thank you and goodbye!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 1.1K 26
*This book was deleted at 2.6k+ reads, 950+ votes & 300+ comments* Jin got into an accident and found that he was losing himself slowly. His mind was...
10.9K 618 60
"YOU ARE THE REASON I WAS IN THIS POSITION TODAY! YOU AND YOUR DUMB FAN GIRLS. I DON'T UNDERSTAND, WHY YOU GUYS ARE SO POPULAR?! TO ME YOU ALL ARE JU...
407K 17.9K 44
New Town. New school. 7 Boys and something that could only be described as magic. What could go wrong? ________________________________ Completed A...
190K 10.5K 33
❝ mochiminie has sent you a message! ❞ - twitter ! fic ¡ lowercase ! started : 10 / 17 / 18 completed : 11 / 29 / 18 edited : 07 / 23 / 19 ranks • no...