His Perspective

Por sprittals98

Kennedy Moore is going to be a famous journalist. With her facts and hard head, she's sure to get all the ans... Más

His Perspective (Coming Soon!)
Perspective #1
Perspective #2
Perspective #3
Perspective #4
Perspective #6
Perspective #7
Perspective #8
Perspective #9
Epilogue

Perspective #5

8.3K 410 56
Por sprittals98

Perspective #5

I pulled away from Mason and looked at the little girl standing in the doorway. She had dark colored hair that only reached her shoulders, and she was wearing a blue dress with white polka dots on it. I'm guessing that it was his sister by her looks and slight English accent.

His sister. Meaning that if she was home, so were his parents. Oh no, I'm not ready to meet the parents. I'll never be ready to meet the parents.

"Leah!" Mason groaned and looked at me apologetically, not noticing my inner turmoil (which is very surprising). He got up from the bed and ran over to the doorway, about to pick 'Leah' up, but at the last second she ran from him, giggling.

A small smile appeared on his face as he ran after her, playfully yelling things at her about how she was in big trouble.

I hesitated for a second before getting up from the bed and following them out of the door. I assumed that they had made their way downstairs. I followed in their footsteps but stopped at the last step.

It looked like Mason had just caught Leah and he was swinging her around in his arms while she laughed... well, like a little school girl. Who I'm assuming is Mason's mom was watching them with a smile on her face, as was I.

When he put her down, Mason noticed me standing there and with a smile, motioned for me to come to him. I did as he told and slowly walked over to him.

"Well, who is this?" His mom asked with a smile when she saw me standing there. Mason was right about the whole not losing the accent thing.

"That's the girl that was sucking his face, mommy!" Leah said and pointed at me.

Kill me now.

Mason laughed then wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer. "This is Kennedy, my girlfriend," he said to his mom.

His girlfriend. He just introduced me as his girlfriend. A warm feeling spread through my body as I thought of myself as Mason's girlfriend. I never wanted to call myself Kennedy again. If someone asked me for my name I'd just say 'Mason's girlfriend' because that's who I was and I'm just so happy about it!

"Hello Kennedy!" She said with a huge smile that appeared on her face at the sound of 'girlfriend.' "I'm Jessabel, but you can call me Jess."

I smiled at her and was about to greet her when she pulled me into a hug.

"I'm sorry, I'm just so happy that Mason has a girlfriend," she said when she pulled away. I noticed that her eyes were glistening, as if she was tearing up. "And you're so pretty!"

I let out a small laugh at her excitement then grabbed Mason's hand. Jess took notice and a tear went down her cheek.

"Mum, it's okay," Mason said, trying to console her.

"I know, I know," she said and wiped her eyes. "Okay, what do normal mothers do when boys bring home girls?" She said to herself, shuffling around the room.

I glanced at Mason and he gave me a shrug.

"Oh! I know, they show baby pictures and then Mason's supposed to get embarrassed and it's all perfect." She was still mumbling to herself but now she was pulling multiple albums from a drawer.

"I won't get embarrassed, mum," Mason said and walked over to her, pulling me along.

"Hush now, boy, I'm trying to spend quality time with Kennedy," she said. She took me away from Mason and pulled me down onto the couch.

"We're going to look at baby pictures?" I asked her.

She nodded with a huge smile then opened one of the many albums. For the next half hour, she pointed out pictures of Mason at various ages and we all laughed and cooed about how cute he was. Fifteen minutes in, Mason's dad came home and he joined us, just without the whole cooing part.

When Mason finally reminded them that we had to go take pictures for the yearbook and that we were incredibly late, we said goodbye to his family and began the walk back to the school.

"Your family is amazing," I said to him.

He looked up at me and smiled. "I'm glad you like them," he said.

"So," I said and paused, a secret smile on my face. "I'm your girlfriend?"

He gave me a confused look. "Aren't you?" he asked. "Or am I supposed to formally ask?"

I shrugged, I had no idea. "I don't know, I've never had a boyfriend before," I said.

"I've never had a girlfriend before," he replied, smiling at me. "But do you want me to formally ask you?"

I thought about it then shook my head. "No, it was better finding out by surprise."

He took my hand in his and we continued walking. "So what are we taking pictures of today?" He asked me.

"Um.." While I was having fun with his family, I forgot what we were supposed to do. "I don't know. We can go check when we get back."

"Okay."

We walked in silence for a little bit when I thought of something. "What do you think of Leena?" I asked Mason.

He shrugged. "She's a nice girl."

What was that supposed to mean? Did he think I was a nice girl too? I calmed my thoughts and continued talking. "Well, do you think she likes you?"

"Why?" he asked, looking up at me now. "Why wouldn't she like me? Did I do something to her?"

"No," I said when I realized what he thought. "I meant, like, like you," I explained.

It seemed as if what I was saying shocked him because he stopped walking. "What?" He asked, but only to himself.

"She told me that she likes you." I finally just came out and said it, then I waited for his reaction. What if he realized that Leena was nicer than me and left me for her?

"But, I like you," he said, still sounding a little dazed.

I smile broke out onto my face with his words and I put my hands on each cheek and kissed him hard. "Forget about it," I said to him when I pulled away.

"Okay," he said, a goofy smile on his face.

It was hard to believe that I had that affect on him. I should be the one with the goofy smile.

We walked until we reached the school again, then headed towards the yearbook room. When we walked in, Chuck and another girl, Dana were the only ones in there. They took notice of our entwined hands.

"You two are together?" Dana asked.

"Yeah," Mason and I said at the same time.

"Don't let Leena find out," Chuck said and turned back to his computer, shaking his head.

"Did everyone notice this crush but me?" Mason asked

The three of us muttered various forms of yeah's and he shook his head and walked over to the Taboo List.

"There's no point in starting, we're leaving in like fifteen minutes," Dana said. "What were you guys doing anyway?"

Mason and I shared a look. "Stuff."

A smile broke out onto Chuck's face and he looked at Mason. "Good job, man."

I rolled my eyes and walked over to my HTLC and sat down, leaving Mason to talk to Chuck and Dana. I just wanted to think.

What was I doing with Mason? I'd always sworn to never get involved with a boy but he was just... I don't know. I mean, it was harmless right? 

Wrong.

Lately, I'd been getting distracted in class and at home when I was doing homework. Instead of thinking of the task that would be in front of me, I'd end up thinking of Mason and all his good traits. Anytime I tried to focus myself, my thoughts would somehow connect number and letters to him.

I've tried to convince myself that this wouldn't last and that it was one of those high school romances that never lasted, but anytime I did, I'd physically flinch just thinking about never seeing Mason again. 

God, never seeing Mason again? It seemed impossible. I didn't even want to be away from him for an hour, but forever? That was just a crazy thought. But it would happen eventually. We'd both graduate and we'd go our separate ways and-

I'm about to burst into tears.

Why am I so attached to this guy? Get a grip, Kennedy. I kicked myself in the shin so I could be brought back to reality. 

Finally, I just made a deal with myself. I would somehow balance Mason and schoolwork and not think about graduation or anything like that. It would give me worry lines.

Suddenly I felt a kiss on my cheek and looked up to see Mason sitting down in the seat next to me.

"What're you thinking about?" He asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know." 

He gave me the soul searching look and I stared right back at him until I felt uncomfortable and looked away.

"Hey," he said softly and turned me back to him. "It's okay."

I'm pretty sure he didn't know what I was thinking about but somehow he knew that something was wrong and that I needed reassurance.

I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Oh, ew, get a room," I heard Chuck say behind me.

"You know what, we're going to leave," Dana said and pulled Chuck out of the room with her.

I laughed at the two and was about to turn back to Mason when a saw a flash. I looked over to him and saw him holding his camera.

"It was a good moment," he said with a cheeky smile.

Weirdo. I picked up my camera and took a picture of him. "It was a good moment," I said, mimicking him.

Instead of saying anything, he took two more pictures of me and I took two more of him. We went back and forth like this for a while, laughing when we got odd pictures.

"Wait, wait, wait," he said and put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. He took his camera and took a picture of us.

"Okay, this time let's make silly faces," I said and brought my camera back up and took some pictures of us. 

When I looked at them, I noticed that I was the only one participating in the whole silly part. "You aren't being silly," I said to him.

He shrugged. "I'm not a silly person."

I gave him a look. "Oh, come on," I said. "Just make a silly face, it's very simple." I tried to demonstrate by sticking my tongue out and crossing my eyes then taking a picture of myself.

"See," I said and showed it to him. "Now you try."

The whole time I was demonstrating to him he had his elbow on the table with his chin resting on his hand with a smile on his face. 

Why was he staring at me like that? He hadn't moved since I told him to try and it was really starting to creep me out. What if I had something on my face?

"What?" I asked, rubbing my face to see if there was anything on it. 

"Nothing," he said. "I just like looking at you."

I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks and I almost wanted to kill him for doing this to me. But he's Mason. I would not be able to do that.

Suddenly I felt a flash.

"Another good moment," Mason said, guiltily holding his camera.

For the rest of the time, we just took pictures of each other and together, not thinking about the fact that we were supposed to leave the school long ago.

**********************************************

Do you see the gif at the side?!?!?!?! It's beautiful. So pretend that that girl is Kennedy, and that Kennedy would actually do that and that Mason would be acting all cool like-

Okay, it's nothing like their relationship but I just love that gif. Because of Logan Lerman. Can not wait for The Perks of Being a Wallflower to come out. The book was amazing.

Anyways, guess what! I've basically mapped out what's going to happen in this book! There's gonna be 9-10 chapters. Ten only if I can stretch it out. 

Well, I got an essay that I should be writing so..

COMMENT! VOTE! FANIMOS!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

2.4K 181 40
[WATTY'S 2023 SHORTLIST! 🤍] What do you do when you're supposed to be grieving? You climb a mountain. *** Grace and Tanner Abrams are complete oppo...
196K 4.5K 67
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
139K 3.6K 21
One quiet girl. One popular boy. What could possibly happen if their paths cross?
391K 11.5K 46
Logan Myers has it all; he's a widely famous actor and world-known singer (not to mention teen heartthrob). He's never lived a day when he wasn't fam...